Notices
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival Talk

1. #1 Default Rival Talk 
    Its over - the window is closed - Premier League spends a whooping 1.165billion

Heres what our rivals did during the window
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37209664

and
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-club-verdicts

Did laugh at Everton - sissoko to spurs in the end
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

what do people think Man U weak positions are in 1st team,

I say Right Full back, Right winger, Defensive midfielder, my be Left winger

I love Mourinho as destroyed all hard work Van Gaal was doing by bring though all the young players, I don't think many left who come though academy to play 1st team football,

keep up the good work knock Man U long term project, time Mourinho leave they have ave age 30+ players on big wages

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post

and

did say before transfer window Everton would find hard to buy players as still got Kenwright

Leicester broke the club record

Nice of Chelsea to repay some of the money PSG give them a few years ago to bolster their accounts.

A comedy transfer.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    About 13 PL clubs did during the summer.

glad they did not buy Adrien Silva would have take to next level,

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    what do people think Man U weak positions are in 1st team,

I say Right Full back, Right winger, Defensive midfielder, my be Left winger

I love Mourinho as destroyed all hard work Van Gaal was doing by bring though all the young players, I don't think many left who come though academy to play 1st team football,

keep up the good work knock Man U long term project, time Mourinho leave they have ave age 30+ players on big wages
    It'll be them or City for the title this season for me. Jose still knows how to win and has been backed fantastically well. Van Gaal was forced into blooding some of the young players really, it prolonged his agony if you like, and kept him on side with the fans. His signings were largely ineffectual.

13 Premiership clubs did.
    The only winners from the broadcast deal appear to be the players and their parasite agents. I don't understand why a club has to pay a player's agent. Surely the player should be paying his agent.

Im still coming to terms with the fact we spent 32 million on mane !
    I hope he has an impact, unlike our last big money striker.
    The market is mental nowadays s the link above proves,
    football is becoming the pits.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post

and

actually felt sorry for everton

i grew up with them as main challengers to us for the title... so i have fond memories of them and would like to see them do well again.... just not quite aswell as us

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Sign of the times... With all due respect I know they're the champions but we're in a world now where Leicester can sign 30 million players, hey even Everton can try.

Just where have you been?

Not too concerned about Mane TBH. But Newcastle certainly saw us coming with the Wijnaldum deal. We paid way overs for him. But that's what Liverpool do.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    He was on hunger strike 'til Balo left.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo0573 View Post
    Not too concerned about Mane TBH. But Newcastle certainly saw us coming with the Wijnaldum deal. We paid way overs for him. But that's what Liverpool do.

that thought should be revisited in a years time

French journalist Julien Laurens believes David Luiz, 29, will return to Chelsea a worse player than when he left two years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p046gbhc

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpool8 View Post
    It'll be them or City for the title this season for me. Jose still knows how to win and has been backed fantastically well. Van Gaal was forced into blooding some of the young players really, it prolonged his agony if you like, and kept him on side with the fans. His signings were largely ineffectual.
    Man U have always blooding young players , it part long term project have young players fill as squad players , so don't need to buy many squad players, so carry buy good 1st team players,

Mourinho is doing polar opposite what made Man U were good at, what good us,

as win the title it between City or Chelsea

I think nearly every club in this league has been paying over the top, as for the ability of the player to improve our team I think it's a little too early to be judging him, we have to give him time to settle into this club in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    actually felt sorry for everton

i grew up with them as main challengers to us for the title... so i have fond memories of them and would like to see them do well again.... just not quite aswell as us
    I don't, I think they missed a bullet with that transfer. He's average at best

Man U have always blooding young players , it part long term project have young players fill as squad players , so don't need to buy many squad players, so carry buy good 1st team players,

Mourinho is doing polar opposite what made Man U were good at, what good us,

as win the title it between City or Chelsea
    Mourinho is doing exactly what United should be doing. How is it the opposite?. It's the quality of the players not necessarily their age that is the important factor but Bailey and Pogba are both young and first class, what's the issue? United buy the best young players as well as bringing them through the ranks, Sharpe, Solskjaer, Keane, Rooney and Ronaldo to name a few. He is playing Shaw and Martial from the start. Rashford is getting minutes, as was Lingaard before the injury.

As much as you don't want it to happen how can you not see that Mourinho has done everything right so far?
    Last edited by TheDevilYouKnow; 1-9-16 at 13:00.
    Manchester United Supporter

Was nice to see Levy being played like a violin yesterday to be honest!!

Newcastle have done great business

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    It gets worse every year, im entitled to my moan, sarcastic *****.

Everyone has to over pay now, makes a mockery of our league to be honest, only the agents get a sure fire deal nowadays.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Everton fans were losing their **** last night with Spurs bid for Sissoko. Read, don't know how true this is but Everton had a private jet for him, but he didn't turn up.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    Mourinho is doing exactly what United should be doing. How is it the opposite?. It's the quality of the players not necessarily their age that is the important factor but Bailey and Pogba are both young and first class, what's the issue? United buy the best young players as well as bringing them through the ranks, Sharpe, Solskjaer, Keane, Rooney and Ronaldo to name a few. He is playing Shaw and Martial from the start. Rashford is getting minutes, as was Lingaard before the injury.

As much as you don't want it to happen how can you not see that Mourinho has done everything right so far?
    no I think about 5 to 6 young players were come though but were sold as ( not Rashford nor Lingard) Louis van Gaal grooming be like I said Man U have always blooding young players , it part long term project have young players fill as squad players

Mourinho is mercenary buys mercenary players and does not develop young players nor the club,

what Man U have done is go away from traditions what made best club in England for past 20 years or so, panicking going down mercenary route what good for use

Our marquee signing was Man 34million.

A player who has suddenly become our shining light/ talisman.

Love the guy, been fantastic so far, but my god how far have we fallen for this to happen.

Also that was the only buy that seems to be any good. Haven't seen anything from other signings. (Still early doors).

What does Wijnaldum do?

no I think about 5 to 6 young players were come though but were sold as ( not Rashford nor Lingard) Louis van Gaal grooming be like I said Man U have always blooding young players , it part long term project have young players fill as squad players

Mourinho is mercenary buys mercenary players and does not develop young players nor the club,

what Man U have done is go away from traditions what made best club in England for past 20 years or so, panicking going down mercenary route what good for use
    In the last twenty years I can only think of about five players who have made it through the ranks, not including the 92 youth team. Every other quality player at United was signed from another club.

At the moment Mourinho has two in Rashford and Lingard that are up to standard.

Youth always will get an chance at OT but if they're not good enough it's time to go.

Name these great players who made the grade. I can only think of five.

Players like Will keane, tyler blackett, donald love, paddy mcnair, james weir were never going to make it. LVG gave debuts to half of the reserve team last season due to injuries. Are you saying that cos all of these players were given debuts that they were the next class of 92.

What mourinho has done is come in and analysed which ones are ready now ( rashford and Lingard), which ones have potential to develop ( borthwich jackson, wilson, perreria) and those without the potential which were sold.

Get with the times, no major club not even barca fill their squad with home grown players nevermind the team with the top 1/2 revenues in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    In the last twenty years I can only think of about five players who have made it through the ranks, not including the 92 youth team. Every other quality player at United was signed from another club.

At the moment Mourinho has two in Rashford and Lingard that are up to standard.

Youth always will get an chance at OT but if they're not good enough it's time to go.

Name these great players who made the grade. I can only think of five.
    Who are the 5?

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Who are the 5?
    Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher, Evans and Welbeck. Not world beaters but top end squad players who are all United men to the bone.