Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you watched III

Last edited by GrottonRed; 22-3-17 at 08:14. Reason: quotes edited post
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Is it me or does every single film with Tom Cruise have to have a scene where he has his top off ??

I reckon he has it written in on purpose

" ive still got it "
    He kept his shirt on in this film

My wife did ironically say however, 'he's still got it.'

The cheek of it sat next to a real life hunk and all
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 22-3-17 at 08:14. Reason: quote edited

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    The last Jack Reacher film

Was alright, passed the time amicably enough, some terrible clichéd lines etc but worth a watch if looking to turn off for a while
    I quite enjoyed it. Its an easy film to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I quite enjoyed it. Its an easy film to get through.
    Its a bit like Jason Bourne without the balls

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Its a bit like Jason Bourne without the balls
    I think Bourne has a bit more story in it. This was pretty basic and standard, overall a nice easy chase flick.

Rogue 1 - 5/10. Thought it was a let down. Some awful scenes

Hacksaw Ridge - decent film, interesting that it's based on a true story but thought the war scenes were pretty poorly directed. Massively over-hyped imo. 6.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Really, that's very interesting. Would like to know how you viewed it compared to TFA. I actually really liked Rogue One.

Really, that's very interesting. Would like to know how you viewed it compared to TFA. I actually really liked Rogue One.
    I don't know if it's my age.

I actually liked The Force Awakens. It took me back to the films i loved whereas this was like a pimped up poor tv show.

I don't know if it's my age.

I actually liked The Force Awakens. It took me back to the films i loved whereas this was like a pimped up poor tv show.
    I like TFA(more on second viewing), but I was very happy with Rogue One. Felt different and at the same time the same.

I agree, I was really looking forward to this but seemed little better than a fan film with good special effects. I did geek out a bit in the later stages but overall, not a great addition.

Anti Social

A recent fast paced British Gangster film with a cracking sound track. Kind of referencing real life robberies within its story, it's a real good watch for anybody who enjoys home grown, edgy, quite violent stuff.

'Warcraft' 4/10

Action-packed but ultimately unfulfilling fantasy film (based upon a videogame) about a battle between orcs and humans. Mildly entertaining up to a point but somehow it just didn't connect with me overall.

David Brent: Life on the Road, thought it was hilarious and touching at times, if a bit forced and obvious in its story.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by ever-red-e View Post
    'Warcraft' 4/10

Action-packed but ultimately unfulfilling fantasy film (based upon a videogame) about a battle between orcs and humans. Mildly entertaining up to a point but somehow it just didn't connect with me overall.
    a 4 and its not "just a videogame" its an MMO

'Warcraft' 4/10

Are you a fan of the games?

I didn't think it was that bad and would probably give it a 6.5/10 although I could see those with no knowledge of the games might not have a good enough foothold in the mythology to enjoy it.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Was ill last night, so just lay in bed and watched movies all night

Deadpool - Still good, although not as funny second time around. Still one of the better comic book movies though. 7/10.

Ant-Man - First time seeing this, and was alright. Nothing spectacular but enjoyed it more than the usual Marvel garbage like Iron Man and the Avengers. Pretty predictable plot as always, but at least there was plenty of humour. 6/10.

Ransom - Good film, really like Gary Sinise playing a bad guy. Maybe a bit drawn out at the end, but a good film overall. 7/10.

Southpaw - Absolutely awful! I don't know if it's because I'm a big boxing fan, but I find these boxing movies awfully cheesy and cringeworthy. Every cliche under the sun in this film, and could have told you the entire plot within 5 minutes. I thought Gyllenhaal was pretty poor too, despite him being a good actor generally. Awful. 2/10.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    a 4 and its not "just a videogame" its an MMO :-p

Sorry if I 'stood on your toes' there lonewolf kal. I never said it was "just a videogame" though, I simply stated that it is one, or more specifically an MMO game as you rightly point out.

Sadly the film just failed to grab my attention in a way that the game has done with millions of people (not including myself, I've never played it). Perhaps '4' was a little harsh but I didn't enjoy the movie. Sorry again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Are you a fan of the games?

I didn't think it was that bad and would probably give it a 6.5/10 although I could see those with no knowledge of the games might not have a good enough foothold in the mythology to enjoy it.
    As I said earlier, I'm not a fan of the games Eloader - that's not a judgement, I've simply never played them and I am a videogame fan in general (although I've not played an MMO before).

Perhaps you're right and the story just failed to resonate with me the way it would to a fan of the games. I'm certainly not criticising the games at all, just pointing out that the movie disappointed me (the success of the games made me hope that the film was also good).

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider

Sorry if I 'stood on your toes' there lonewolf kal. I never said it was "just a videogame" though, I simply stated that it is one, or more specifically an MMO game as you rightly point out.

Sadly the film just failed to grab my attention in a way that the game has done with millions of people (not including myself, I've never played it). Perhaps '4' was a little harsh but I didn't enjoy the movie. Sorry again.

As I said earlier, I'm not a fan of the games Eloader - that's not a judgement, I've simply never played them and I am a videogame fan in general (although I've not played an MMO before).

Perhaps you're right and the story just failed to resonate with me the way it would to a fan of the games. I'm certainly not criticising the games at all, just pointing out that the movie disappointed me (the success of the games made me hope that the film was also good).
    no worries was joshing anyway, its obviously not to everyones liking. it goes without saying i enjoyed it but that is not to mean it did not have flaws and if im honest i think my disappointment is really aimed at the director. kewl he finally bought it to life, but i think he was overwhelmed by it and lost sight of what he was trying to accomplish.. good news though, there will be another one

CrawleyRed is offline The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Logan - 7/10

Generally speaking not a fan of comic book films, but I do like the X-Men ones. The Wolverine was very good as well, so had high hopes for this.

It was good, certainly worth going to see. Patrick Stewart is amazing in it of course. I love that he's decided in his old age he's going to be more comedic in his roles now. Cranky old Professor X is awesome. Stephen Merchant is surprisingly good as well. Jackman is of course Jackman. Perfect for the role. The star of the show without doubt though is the little girl Laura, played by Dafne Keen. I won't go into spoilers but she has to do a lot in the film, and go through a lot of emotions despite playing a character designed not to show them. It really is an outstanding performance from a young actress I assume is not yet in her teens.

The bad guys are a bit cliche, but you expect that in comic book movies. The ending is also a tad predictable and I wasn't crazy about the routes they took to get to some pretty big destinations, but it still made for an enjoyable two and a bit hours.

Bastille Day 7.5/10 saw a trailer for this at the cinema must have been last year, looked good, and got around to actually watching it yesterday.

Basic plot without giving away too much away SPOILER if you don't want to know anything at all re the plot so stop reading if this is the case is a talented pickpocket steals a bag with a bomb in it that goes off and he is then wanted for terrorism.

One thing the film lacked was much levity, not sure if Idris Elba does funny but the odd joke or funny moment can add to any film and I can't think of anything funny in it at all. A main reason I didn't rate it higher was the end scene was a bit naff, and just reminded me some of the scenes could have been done better.

Overall very enjoyable, trailer looked good and so the film proved. Thumbs up from the person I watched it with, she didn't quite know what to expect and didn't recall the trailer (we'd both seen the film the trailer was shown before.)

Got a few to work through, not seen all of but The Last Starship (looks a bit naff but I'll give it a go), Deepwater Horizon, Missing In Action I, II, and III (only just acquired III and whatever level of OCD I have means I couldn't watch I and II without III) plus some I have seen including Distant Drums, Raise The Titanic and probably more I can't remember the names of if that isn't a complete list - oh and rewatch LOTR Trilogy which was a 'free delivery' clincher with a boxset I bought off Amazon (£19 for the boxset) and still haven't watched the previous clincher in Kingsman although I've seen all four films previous.

Oh and only on disc one of EIGHT in said latest boxset so not enough hours in the day/evening! Really must delay the next boxset till I'm all caught up.
    People will believe what they want to believe

King Kong skull island. 7/10 a decent watch and one very angry big monkey

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    The Departed 6/10 - overrated film with a weak story.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    The Great Wall Of China. 4/10

I expected better seeing it was Matt Damon but grrrr that was a poorly executed movie.
    Last edited by TheRiedle; 23-3-17 at 17:56.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMelwoodMole View Post

I expected better seeing it was Matt Damon but grrrr that was a poorly executed movie.
    Heard it was pretty dire

Quote Originally Posted by TheMelwoodMole View Post

the script of the movie was poor and storytelling was pretty blunt but I enjoyed the action scenes immensely, would love to see the behind the scenes of the propmasters for that film, even thought most of it was probably cgi the armour was stunning to look at.

it's definitely a sit back and eat a load of popcorn film rather than having to stay laser focused on the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by REDKNIGHT1892 View Post
    Heard it was pretty dire
    depends what you expect from it really, it certainly focuses on action and visuals over everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    depends what you expect from it really, it certainly focuses on action and visuals over everything else.
    Which only makes sense if you go to the cinema.

Which only makes sense if you go to the cinema.
    I watched it at home and enjoyed it just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    I watched it at home and enjoyed it just fine.
    I feel those sort of movies only make sense for the visual experience of watching it on a big screen.

I mean watching Speed at home is great, but watching Speed at the cinema is amazing.