Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you watched III

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Goodfellas is the single most perfect movie ever made, from casting to script to score to cinematography to well every single aspect of it.

It stands alone. It's the greatest movie ever made bar no
    I must have seen it so many times suggesting a no would be an insult. I watch it practically every two or three weeks. It's one of the few movies I can recite the dialogue almost perfectly, the only other one being Die Hard.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I must have seen it so many times suggesting a no would be an insult. I watch it practically every two or three weeks. It's one of the few movies I can recite the dialogue almost perfectly, the only other one being Die Hard.
    I think that's why I don't really rate Wolf that highly.. It's enjoyable but he's already told the story better once before. It was old ground.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I think that's why I don't really rate Wolf that highly.. It's enjoyable but he's already told the story better once before. It was old ground.
    Haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Goodfellas had a shine box that's why.
    You've come up in the world Acumen. Grown up. But now go home and get your ****in shine box.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    Everest - Very good movie. Highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    You've come up in the world Acumen. Grown up. But now go home and get your ****in shine box.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJzNUydlQ4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBcbc8eWz6U

Fantastic stuff.

Watched NOW YOU SEE ME 2, it was ok, felt like the story was made along at the same time as the film. 6/10. Also the other night watched a Biggie & tupac documentary not the nick Broomfield one. Which was quite good, new stuff not regurgitated rubbish. 7/10

Watched NOW YOU SEE ME 2, it was ok, felt like the story was made along at the same time as the film. 6/10. Also the other night watched a Biggie & tupac documentary not the nick Broomfield one. Which was quite good, new stuff not regurgitated rubbish. 7/10

Watched Megamind again - masterpiece! Best animation ever made, including the Toy Story series.

And looking forward to that 'Arrival' film too! I think it's released this November.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lateloveslfc View Post
    First one felt like that too with the ridiculous twist at the end that made no sense to the rest of the film.

Looking forward to seeing this, Hell or High Water. Seems to be a fairly tried and tested plot; bank robbers doing one last job, an old sheriff a few days from retirement...but it looks to be well done. Read some good reviews of it already.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    The Danish Girl-5/10
    Wasn't bad,wasn't good.

Good idea on Alien stories running parallel!

Loved Alien 1 and 2. It's like the Terminator 1 and T2 of space. People prefer one over the other. I grew up preferring Aliens and T2 but as I've gotten older Alien and T1 are my favourites.
    T2 just repeats T1, robot sent back to kill a Connor except in T2 a robot is 'running interference' as they say in yankball instead of the impossible daddy sent back by his son scenario (until he sent his daddy back to do his mum he wouldn't have been born to do so....)

Always prefer Aliens to Alien, Alien is ok but a bit too slow moving and very different to Aliens even though the same universe and Ripley. Alien 3 was more akin to the original, still need to find the better version which is the one you usually see on the telly.

Oh and did not like the genisys latest Terminator film, really poor even compared to the others. Like Alien Resurrection I liked Salvation, no robot chasing Connors etc in the "modern day" but looking at post apocalyptic earth which we only see flashes of in the original films. Did feel a little too like a war with too much of a human army and resources rather than mankind being systematically ground underfoot and wiped out.

The scene where they land and the whole lot get wiped out before the bad guy who actually is the good guy emerges in the rain. Loved that scene, loved some of the other bits, and indeed said good guy's character whilst John Batman Connor just ought to take up something other than acting as he really seems like he's a block of wood in most films I like or want to like that he's in.
    Last edited by TheDarknessIsCalling; 14-9-16 at 13:00.
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    T2 just repeats T1, robot sent back to kill a Connor except in T2 a robot is 'running interference' as they say in yankball instead of the impossible daddy sent back by his son scenario (until he sent his daddy back to do his mum he wouldn't have been born to do so....)

Always prefer Aliens to Alien, Alien is ok but a bit too slow moving and very different to Aliens even though the same universe and Ripley. Alien 3 was more akin to the original, still need to find the better version which is the one you usually see on the telly.

Oh and did not like the genisys latest Terminator film, really poor even compared to the others. Like Alien Resurrection I liked Salvation, no robot chasing Connors etc in the "modern day" but looking at post apocalyptic earth which we only see flashes of in the original films. Did feel a little too like a war with too much of a human army and resources rather than mankind being systematically ground underfoot and wiped out.

The scene where they land and the whole lot get wiped out before the bad guy who actually is the good guy emerges in the rain. Loved that scene, loved some of the other bits, and indeed said good guy's character whilst John Batman Connor just ought to take up something other than acting as he really seems like he's a block of wood in most films I like or want to like that he's in.
    I think Aliens runs Goodfellas close for most quotable lines too. Some off the top of my head: "Hey Vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man?"; "How do I get out of this chicken **** outfit?"; "they mostly come out at night, mostly!"

'Wild' featuring Reece Witherspoon and Laura Dern. An interesting road movie that is well played by all. 7/10
    Last edited by ever-red-e; 14-9-16 at 23:25. Reason: Greater clarity

War Dogs 7/10

Its not a bad watch actually. I was thinkin of a 6 but it made a change finding a newish film without the use of CGI. And the music was pretty decent too
    Last edited by Eggz; 15-9-16 at 22:55.

'Steve Jobs'. An entertaining warts-and-all biopic about the famous entrepreneur. 7/10

kas74 is online now First team regular
    'Misconduct' 4/10.
    Disappointing.

'Alien Outpost'

Lots of shouting and shooting. 1/10 Don't bother.

I think Aliens runs Goodfellas close for most quotable lines too. Some off the top of my head: "Hey Vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man?"; "How do I get out of this chicken **** outfit?"; "they mostly come out at night, mostly!"
    Never watched goodfellas, may bother and give it a try some day but I really doubt that kind of film would appeal much.

Even slow moving parts are good in Aliens, building up to it. I'm still torn on director's cut vs original, I think making a whole film just on the bit before they arrive would be warranted although 30 years too late to use the same cast (what there is of it)

Living Daylights 6.5/10 watchable outing for Dalton, doesn't quite 'fit' as Bond but apart from some sections it isn't so bad as Bond goes - probably doesn't quite make top half of Bond films if ordered, despite the rate Brosnan latterly and now Craig have fired outturds.

Ending was somewhat lame mind, I think the ending (-1) and some of the sections (-2) contribute to a fairly modest score.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    Everest - Very good movie. Highly recommend it.
    Agreed i watched that last night, very good indeed.

Ronin 7/10 good in places, disappointing in places. After starting off well it does tend to tail off after they've hit the target and obtained their objective, becomes a bit too piecemeal therafter.

Green Lantern 6.5/10 bit surprised this film didn't get a sequel sooner, and that so many don't like it. Did fail somewhat in the usual way of overdoing relationships and not sure Reynolds was the right man to be the lead, didn't even recognise Mark Strong as Sinestro. Like a lot of comic book outings it does rather leap straight into a major plot, did that with Judge Dredd and Fantastic Four (the Alba one), very little build up to the major bad guy perhaps expecting it might bomb if they don't get into the big plot quickly.

Role Models 6.5/10 apart from the very annoying Jane Lynch character which does the film few favours, and some other moments, I do enjoy the overall plot of this film and still think SWS plays that kind of idiot really well

Who woulda thunk Augie would get the girl

Heat 8/10 didn't see all of it last night but do like this film a lot, some of the relationship crap could be trimmed, but good film nonetheless

Point Break 8/10 do like this film even though I have to question if Keanu can act. Good overall plot, some naff bits and not necessarily Dr Cox (JCM) at his best, but apart from some meandering and Keanu it is a good film.

Y O Y O Y does TV have sweet FA on and then stick some good films on at the same time and really good ones on past decent hours (10.50pm start for Heat, not sure what was on at 9pm but it was not worthy to quote Wayne)

Yehez is online now Rating revolutionary
    "Hell or High Water" 8/10

"Julieta" 8.5/10

Two excellent new films. Some of the best I've seen this year so far.

Saw "The Man Who Knew Infinity" last night. Good acting, writing and premise combine to make a enjoyable drama. 8/10.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Don't Breathe

Not quite a horror, more a thriller. I had wondered how they were going to make me root for a group of delinquents who wanted to rob from a blind war veteran whose daughter was killed in a car accident, and...well, you'll have to see for yourself.

This film also contains one of the more disgusting ideas I've seen onscreen.

6.5/10

Plan on seeing "The Girl With All the Gifts" next, being hearing great things.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV for lovers of animation a prelude to the new final fantasy game. not a bad movie and simpy gorgeous to look at. 6-7/10

Right I'm gonna lose whatever chance of being cool i have had in here. It may have been the antibiotics that im on and feeling that chilled and quite emotional but.......

I watched The Intern and really enjoyed it lol. I'm frightened to actually rate it. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Right I'm gonna lose whatever chance of being cool i have had in here. It may have been the antibiotics that im on and feeling that chilled and quite emotional but.......

I watched The Intern and really enjoyed it lol. I'm frightened to actually rate it. Lol
    You've come this far...finish off your embarrassment!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post

I watched 5 minutes of it yesterday and had to turn it off Woeful.