Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you watched III

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Escape From Sobibor 8/10 very good, I'm not going to say too much as I think anyone who has seen it will know and anyone who hasn't will find out as they should watch it
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I watched 5 minutes of it yesterday and had to turn it off Woeful.
    I don't even know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Right I'm gonna lose whatever chance of being cool i have had in here. It may have been the antibiotics that im on and feeling that chilled and quite emotional but.......

I watched The Intern and really enjoyed it lol. I'm frightened to actually rate it. Lol
    I really enjoyed that too ! It was easy, but had a bit of seriousness to it. Balls to it lad, I'm with you!!!

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    I don't even know what it is.
    Robert de Niro is Anne Hathaway's new intern. Soppy, cheesy *****.

Mad Max :1979 (8/10)
    Mad Max 2 :1981 (10/10)
    Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome :1985 (8/10)

Great trilogy, Toecutter was mental

Quote Originally Posted by DidiDidIt View Post
    I really enjoyed that too ! It was easy, but had a bit of seriousness to it. Balls to it lad, I'm with you!!!
    Haha. Balls to it lad. Lol Made me cry with laughter that. An old saying brought back to life 😂😂😃😂😃

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    Mad Max :1979 (8/10)
    Mad Max 2 :1981 (10/10)
    Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome :1985 (8/10)

Great trilogy, Toecutter was mental
    That's very generous for Thunderdome but the rest were just great and instantly quotable! I swear I can recite the whole of Mad Max 2 off the top of my head.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    That's very generous for Thunderdome but the rest were just great and instantly quotable! I swear I can recite the whole of Mad Max 2 off the top of my head.
    and generous for MM2, decent film but I could argue 8/10 for MM3 is closer to the mark than 10/10 for MM2

McKenna's Gold 7.5/10 interesting storyline, bit of a disappointing finale but quite a few actors you'd recognise including old skool batwoman, old skool penguin, kojak, Tuco (Eastwood's mate in Good, Bad, Ugly) and a host of stars who are less famous in single roles.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    and generous for MM2, decent film but I could argue 8/10 for MM3 is closer to the mark than 10/10 for MM2

McKenna's Gold 7.5/10 interesting storyline, bit of a disappointing finale but quite a few actors you'd recognise including old skool batwoman, old skool penguin, kojak, Tuco (Eastwood's mate in Good, Bad, Ugly) and a host of stars who are less famous in single roles.
    You're right for scoring purposes but Mad Max 1 and 2, amongst other films, were pretty much played constantly by me and my brother growing up and I have a lot of fond memories of them. I didn't really have the same "relationship" with Thunderdome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    You're right for scoring purposes but Mad Max 1 and 2, amongst other films, were pretty much played constantly by me and my brother growing up and I have a lot of fond memories of them. I didn't really have the same "relationship" with Thunderdome.
    Whilst I don't hold IMDB ratings in much higher regard than FIFA rankings, MM1 got 7/10, MM2 got 7.6 and MM3/Beyond Thunderdome got 6.2. Even if taken as a rough guide then 6.2 is closer to 8 than 7.6 is to 10....

I do favour originals in most cases, had this discussion in the office some months ago as to film series/pairs of films where the 2nd was better than the 1st. Some will say Star Wars Episode V, I wouldn't, but I struggle still to think of many valid examples.

Did the same thing for remakes over originals, might be worth a thread, I think I may start one.

Whilst I don't hold IMDB ratings in much higher regard than FIFA rankings, MM1 got 7/10, MM2 got 7.6 and MM3/Beyond Thunderdome got 6.2. Even if taken as a rough guide then 6.2 is closer to 8 than 7.6 is to 10....

I do favour originals in most cases, had this discussion in the office some months ago as to film series/pairs of films where the 2nd was better than the 1st. Some will say Star Wars Episode V, I wouldn't, but I struggle still to think of many valid examples.

Did the same thing for remakes over originals, might be worth a thread, I think I may start one.
    I think I'd score MM2 more and Thunderdome less than IMDB.

That's a good one though, pairs of movies where the sequel is the best. I can think of plenty of film series (more than 2 films) where the sequel beats the original but only one I can think of is How to Train Your Dragon 2 which I watched recently.

Aliens, T2 (for some), Toy Story 3, Purge 2, Temple of Doom (for me), Desperado, return o the king, lethal weapon!

Haha. Balls to it lad. Lol Made me cry with laughter that. An old saying brought back to life ����������

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    ARQ a low budget sci-fi film in the mold of groundhog day - not too bad at all. simple concept and nice little ending. 6.5/10

Acumen is online now First team regular
    I want to see Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    ARQ a low budget sci-fi film in the mold of groundhog day - not too bad at all. simple concept and nice little ending. 6.5/10
    Watched that last night. More Source Code than Groundhog Day. It was alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I want to see Inferno.
    I'll probably have to watch it a few times. I actually think Da Vinci Code got better after a few watches. Probably cause i was too critical from the book

I'll probably have to watch it a few times. I actually think Da Vinci Code got better after a few watches. Probably cause i was too critical from the book
    I can sit and watch these mystery adventure chase type movies all day.

I can sit and watch these mystery adventure chase type movies all day.
    To be fair i am the same with books of that style. Did they write National Treasure books

Now there is a film i would love to see another of

To be fair i am the same with books of that style. Did they write National Treasure books

When I was in the hospital a long while back I think I must have watched National Treasure a good 30+ times in one week.

When I was in the hospital a long while back I think I must have watched National Treasure a good 30+ times in one week.
    Proper enjoyable films. It will interesting to see how Inferno goes.

Da Vinci i seemed to dislike Hanks mainly because i had this view from the book that Langdon was more a Harrison Ford than Hanks and he came across very wooden, He was also surrounded by actors who seemed to work well which in turn made him look worse. Angels and Demons he was more suited to the role but then you had Ewan McGregor being absolutely awful.

In Inferno there are no big names making up the cast really, so i have a feeling this my work the best.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Robert de Niro is Anne Hathaway's new intern. Soppy, cheesy *****.
    I liked it, and i'm usually not a fan of such movies (in fact, i typically don't watch any movie Anne Hathaway is in).
    Last edited by Meiyour; 22-9-16 at 09:24.

Yehez is online now Rating revolutionary
    "Everybody Want Some!!" 9/10

"Sightseers" 7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Meiyour View Post
    I liked it, and i'm usually not a fan of such movies (in fact, i typically don't watch any movie Anne Hathaway is in).
    haha i have found another #ballstoitlad

National Treasure was good, I think the sequel more or less killed the prospects of a third

And I am annoyed yet another programme is being churned out with a title the same as a film, fed up of reading programme titles that look like they should be films but aren't.

I, Frankenstein 3.5/10 Gave up half an hour in so that rating is based on as much of it as I could bear. Some good ideas, but not enough substance and the swirling rapid "descending" of the demons didn't really work for me. Shame as it looked as if it might be quite good, wish I'd not persuaded myself to try this instead of watching Licence To Kill.

Think Wrong Turn might be on tonight, I know I watched something after McKenna's Gold but can't remember what

National Treasure was good, I think the sequel more or less killed the prospects of a third

And I am annoyed yet another programme is being churned out with a title the same as a film, fed up of reading programme titles that look like they should be films but aren't.

I, Frankenstein 3.5/10 Gave up half an hour in so that rating is based on as much of it as I could bear. Some good ideas, but not enough substance and the swirling rapid "descending" of the demons didn't really work for me. Shame as it looked as if it might be quite good, wish I'd not persuaded myself to try this instead of watching Licence To Kill.

Think Wrong Turn might be on tonight, I know I watched something after McKenna's Gold but can't remember what
    National Treasure 2 made over 450 million at the Box Office. I read they all want to make a 3rd its just making sure the story is the original.

National Treasure 2 made over 450 million at the Box Office.
    If you're trying to say it is a good film based on takings, I'm sure it won't be the first time lots of people went to see a sequel hoping it was as good as the original/previous one

Crystal Skulls made $786m worldwide, I rest my case

I read they all want to make a 3rd its just making sure the story is the original.
    I wouldn't mind a 3rd, but the longer between original(s) and 3rd/subsequent the weaker they suffer. You may be right about them making a 3rd, but I'd be quite surprised and suspect probably disappointed with it.

Tears Of The Sun 8.5 granted on this watching I was tired and didn't get to the end, but it is brilliantly done. It shows the brutality of domestic uprising, as does Blood Diamond which I had got out the cabinet and am looking to watch again.

Jason and the Argonauts 5/10 I have no issue with the monster effects, this however was a bit dull paced and not a lot happening for a fantasy adventure.

Knight Rider 2000 3.5/10 KITT in kit form really didn't work, he was shed of his fantastic black car/body and the "Knight 4000" is the most awful looking car I've ever seen, well probably not but it is ugly. Plot was ok, guns banned from wherever it was in US, someone is still using guns against the modernistic tazer armed police and turns out you are struggling to work out who the enemy is, but it wasn't well executed.

Seems I'm about 1 point less generous than IMDB. I might consider bumping it up by a half as I now see who voiced KITT, and it is the same dude who voiced the originals and some people may know him as Mr Feeny out of Boy Meets World.

Absolutely love it - "I know this, I know this, bum da da da da, bum da da da da..............it's bugs bunny" (16m in)"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3lo1zc

And I see Al out of Home Improvement not long after Wagner,

rewatched Blood Diamond 8/10 yesterday, plenty of interest even if the overall plot of DiCrapio badly wanting a blood diamond he's never seen on the basis of a description was a bit naff, and some great scenes.

Olympus has Fallen.

Yeah, no brain required. Suited my mood last night. 5/10

September of Shiraz 7/10

Can't beat a bit of persecution in Iraq. Salma Hayek beautiful as ever but not right for that role.
    Decent flick all the same.