Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2576

Thread: Rate the last movie you watched III

The Ritual, 6/10.

British horror set in the Swedish mountains. Goes **** up as you can probably imagine.

Bit different though, well acted and decent enough watch.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    The Cloverfield Paradox

Just goes to show that you dont need a massive budget to make a decent movie, none of the cloverfield movies have been heavy on the effects and I really liked them all.

7/10

A good addition I thought, it was well done with a few unexpected twists and the ending I really liked !
    I liked it too 7/10.

I know its been panned but it was decent. Adds to the overall story too (ignoring the potholes). I liked the others, esp the first (for me one of the best opening acts of all time (up until they decide to look for his girlfriend)). Pleased netflix is trying to finish he story.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    I liked it too 7/10.

I know its been panned but it was decent. Adds to the overall story too (ignoring the potholes). I liked the others, esp the first (for me one of the best opening acts of all time (up until they decide to look for his girlfriend)). Pleased netflix is trying to finish he story.
    They literally made a movie nothing to do with Cloverfield the original and then tacked a monster on the end and used the name Cloverfield to attract attention. Complete scam just like 10 Cloverfield Lane

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Watched it last year,agree with your rating.
    Very,very good.
    Yeah. Fantastic isn’t it. On for about 3 hours but it’s one of the best films I’ve seen about a music band. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t seen it before.
    YNWA

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hysen View Post
    They literally made a movie nothing to do with Cloverfield the original and then tacked a monster on the end and used the name Cloverfield to attract attention. Complete scam just like 10 Cloverfield Lane
    Yep, seems to be their approach to these films now.

I thought it was an absolute mess, to be honest. There were times it was so obvious scenes had been cut, so it didn't make sense anymore. The ending was just a cheap trick to tie in the Cloverfield theme. Shame as it had a good cast.

Iíve not seen the latest.

But after 10 Cloverfield Lane, Iím not even sure I will. The ending of that film ruined it entirely.

I read that it was just a claustrophobic thriller, then J.J. Abrahms production team got involved and introduced the end etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoBaggio94 View Post
    Iíve not seen the latest.

But after 10 Cloverfield Lane, Iím not even sure I will. The ending of that film ruined it entirely.

I read that it was just a claustrophobic thriller, then J.J. Abrahms production team got involved and introduced the end etc.
    It's too mild to be a claustrophobic thriller.

I do see why it is criticised, I just liked it anyway. The critic is OTT because people still feel burned by 10 Cloverfield lane still because they were expecting something else.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Yep, seems to be their approach to these films now.

I thought it was an absolute mess, to be honest. There were times it was so obvious scenes had been cut, so it didn't make sense anymore. The ending was just a cheap trick to tie in the Cloverfield theme. Shame as it had a good cast.
    We watched it last night.
    I wasn't paying much attention but the couple of times I asked Mr kas what was going on he said he had absolutely no idea.

We watched it last night.
    I wasn't paying much attention but the couple of times I asked Mr kas what was going on he said he had absolutely no idea.
    The thing that really confused me was the 'arm'. What was the point and wtf?

I do see why it is criticised, I just liked it anyway. The critic is OTT because people still feel burned by 10 Cloverfield lane still because they were expecting something else.
    Sorry, the last paragraph was referring to 10 Cloverfield Lane.

I’ve not seen the latest.

But after 10 Cloverfield Lane, I’m not even sure I will. The ending of that film ruined it entirely.

If memory serves, 10 Cloverfield Lane was adapted quite early to fit the Cloverfield universe but I agree the ending jarred quite badly. That being said, it was a quality film of its type in the main and the acting was top notch (as it needs to be in such an environment). I think they could have done a lot more to adapt it to the universe and the "is it or isn't it twist" at the end was completely unnecessary because if you've seen this you've seen the first and you know what the end will be. Maybe they would have had more joy without Cloverfield being in the title but it would have soon leaked anyway.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    That's what I wanted to know.
    Mr kas explained it as "Some sort of...like one of those....uh,not sure really".

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    If memory serves, 10 Cloverfield Lane was adapted quite early to fit the Cloverfield universe but I agree the ending jarred quite badly. That being said, it was a quality film of its type in the main and the acting was top notch (as it needs to be in such an environment). I think they could have done a lot more to adapt it to the universe and the "is it or isn't it twist" at the end was completely unnecessary because if you've seen this you've seen the first and you know what the end will be. Maybe they would have had more joy without Cloverfield being in the title but it would have soon leaked anyway.
    They are basically taking some popular scripts from the 'Black List' and whacking the Cloverfield name on it to create interest and give it some brand recognition. Then they say they are all in the same universe and in this case tack on some forced ending (although I didn't actually mind it) to have it loosely tie in with the original Cloverfield.

Having said that I haven't seen the latest one so I can't comment, just going on what I've heard, and I enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane quite a lot, Goodman was excellent as always.
    Last edited by steviewonder87; 12-2-18 at 12:37.

That's what I wanted to know.
    Mr kas explained it as "Some sort of...like one of those....uh,not sure really".
    It made no sense whatsoever! No matter how you try to look at it - I reckon a lot of bad comedy purposely placed in it

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    They are basically taking some popular scripts from the 'Black List' and whacking the Cloverfied name on it to create interest and give it some brand recognition. Then they say they are all in the same universe and in this case tack on some forced ending (although I didn't actually mind it) to have it loosely tie in with the original Cloverfield.

Having said that I haven't seen the latest one so I can't comment, just going on what I've heard, and I enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane quite a lot, Goodman was excellent as always.
    Its just that ending for me, its like that bit of peanut that gets stuck in your teeth at the end of an excellent Pad Thai.

I've not seen the latest one yet, I've got too much stuff I'm trying to finish.

Just finished it and I can confidently say that....I've no idea either.

On its own (without the Cloverfield link) it was a flawed B movie sci-fi with an over reliance on moral choices. Linking it to Cloverfield made it seem even more of a mess. It might make more sense in retrospect (when we know the full story).

Next one is a film code named Overlord set in WW2, that probably has finished filming so no doubt this will hit our screens soon.

On its own (without the Cloverfield link) it was a flawed B movie sci-fi with an over reliance on moral choices. Linking it to Cloverfield made it seem even more of a mess. It might make more sense in retrospect (when we know the full story).

Next one is a film code named Overlord set in WW2, that probably has finished filming so no doubt this will hit our screens soon.
    Crazy movie but really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Overlord, I can't see how it will connect to anything, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnsRed View Post
    Crazy movie but really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Overlord, I can't see how it will connect to anything, but we'll see.
    From what I gathered, the Paradox will make it possible by ripping rifts in the timeline so this is an origin story set in the future with everything else that happened before being affected/infected (causing Cloverfield, Cloverfield Lane and Overlord). Considering we have at least 2 dimensions confirmed so far (amongst an infinite amount), there's a possibility that Paradox didn't even happen in the Cloverfield/Lane dimension at all. I just wish it was a little clearer about answering these questions but what do you expect from the creator of Lost.

Just came back from Black Panther.

Rotten tomatoes gave it a 98% rating.

I’m not so sure, at times I felt distracted, may have been the air-con, the recliners, I don’t know.

Good but not that good. I think I may be in the minority here.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    From what I gathered, the Paradox will make it possible by ripping rifts in the timeline so this is an origin story set in the future with everything else that happened before being affected/infected (causing Cloverfield, Cloverfield Lane and Overlord). Considering we have at least 2 dimensions confirmed so far (amongst an infinite amount), there's a possibility that Paradox didn't even happen in the Cloverfield/Lane dimension at all. I just wish it was a little clearer about answering these questions but what do you expect from the creator of Lost.
    Yeah, next one is set in WW2, so it's opened up different timelines and dimensions. All sounds a bit too convoluted and confusion, doesn't it?

I get there might be a rift in dimensions, but time? WW2 makes no sense (save me the time-space paradox!)

People did not get what the expected because the title lied. Imagine going to see the next Star Wars movie, but instead it was Hannah Montana 2 with Carrie Fisher digitally added to the last two minutes

People did not get what the expected because the title lied. Imagine going to see the next Star Wars movie, but instead it was Hannah Montana 2 with Carrie Fisher digitally added to the last two minutes
    Like I said - burned!

Like I said - burned!
    I didn't even realise it was supposed to be connected to Cloverfield, thought the title was just a coincidence or something, I just enjoyed the film for what it was. Then at the end I was like 'oh, I guess it is supposed to be connected to Cloverfield', strangely enough that didn't instantly make me dislike the previous 2hrs of film I had just enjoyed.

Just finished watching it. The word I'd use to describe it best would be 'dumb'.

Yehez is offline Rating revolutionary
    Black Panther was excellent. I actually have a slight urge to watch it again, which rarely happens to me with superhero films.

The Ritual, 6/10.

British horror set in the Swedish mountains. Goes **** up as you can probably imagine.

Bit different though, well acted and decent enough watch.
    Watched that last night, thought it was a decent watch too albeit quite cliche at times and dragged a little towards the end. Not a bad horror flick all in all though and the design of one thing in particular was extremely well done I thought. I'd give 6/10 too.

The Mummy.

This is such a frustrating movie because it cannot decide what it wants to be. It plays like a generic Cruise action movie, then super serious, then plays it for laughs. It's all over the place and doesnt know what it wants to be. And it's frustrating because there is a good movie in here somewhere, and a good kick off point for other movies in the universe.

DiddlerDave is online now First team regular
    Denial.

Courtroom 'Holocaust' case.

Rachel Weisz, Tom Wilkinson and a gaunt Timothy Spall.

Probably better on the TV than the movie theatre.

Not quite riveting, but very watchable. Good writing and acting.

7.95/10

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Just finished watching it. The word I'd use to describe it best would be 'dumb'.
    All for comedic effect - just detracted from the film. Even thing like the worms was building up to something then ended up just stupid