Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2132

Thread: Rate the last movie you watched III

Heads -Up - Election is on tonight - on a channel called "W". Reece Witherspoon is in and is utterly brilliant.

I don't like films but this is a cracker and gets better and better as it goes along.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Quite idiotically I watched Independence Day 2 again. What an absolute joke of a film it is. 2/10.
    should be a 1 week forum ban by itself, you should be ashamed of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    just started the DC of Alien, got Aliens, Aliens 3 and Resurrection when I'm done with that
    holy crap, Tywin Lannister just turned up, forgot he was in Alien 3

and he needs a few doses of Frontline from a vet

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    should be a 1 week forum ban by itself, you should be ashamed of yourself
    Sometimes you forget just how average something is until you watch it again. Such a genuinely uninspired film with no emotional connection whatsoever.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    I Am Not A Serial Killer: 7/10.
    Not bad but the supernatural stuff was a bit odd.

Logan.

Loved it, top film, surprised at this one. It was pitched just right & even pulled on the old heart strings

Well worth a watch.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Logan.

Loved it, top film, surprised at this one. It was pitched just right & even pulled on the old heart strings

Well worth a watch.
    Loved it. I like the recent trend of having slightly more 'adult' comic book based films.

Watched Speed today. Great 90s action film. Wish they would make them like this again.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Loved it. I like the recent trend of having slightly more 'adult' comic book based films.
    Aye, worked really well, you felt so much more for the characters.

Charles' decline was particularly sad to see too.

Shows that you can pull off that darker adult feel to these characters on occasion......the Batman movies were an example of how not to do it (constant husky whispering about symbols and the struggles of a billionaire you can't relate to in an expensive costume)

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Watched Speed today. Great 90s action film. Wish they would make them like this again.
    First R-rated movie I was allowed to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    First R-rated movie I was allowed to see.
    It holds a special place in my heart. My parents surprised me by taking me for the film in the 9:30 PM show. I always loved going to night show, always a big event. Plus it was right after my best friends birthday, so I came home from the party and then we went to see Speed.

The new Spider-Man. 4/10. Rubbish. A rehash of the other 78 Spider-Man films in the last 10 years. I guess if you're a teenager and haven't seen the others this will be right up your street.

Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    The new Spider-Man. 4/10. Rubbish. A rehash of the other 78 Spider-Man films in the last 10 years. I guess if you're a teenager and haven't seen the others this will be right up your street.
    You think so? I really enjoyed it and thought it was very different to the other films. They followed the same storyline whereas this didn't.

The War for the Planet of the Apes - 6.5/10

Really don't get the hype, the second one was waaaay better.

Zootropolis 10/10

Secret life of pets 7/10

The taking of Deborah Logan 8/10

Just seen Nolan's Dunkirk - Great film but I am sure it was dusty in the cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    Just seen Nolan's Dunkirk - Great film but I am sure it was dusty in the cinema.
    It was a really great movie. Tense from the first minute to the end.

Hacksaw Ridge 9/10

It was a really great movie. Tense from the first minute to the end.
    Agreed with the constant ticking using various items that is meant to keep the tension at a high state. However, it is probably not even a thousandth of what the expeditionary force along with any one who had to bail out or abandon ship in the dunkirk/ostende region had to deal with.

TheHolyTrinity is offline No longer loves Baggio's tackle
    The War for the Planet of the Apes - 6.5/10

Really don't get the hype, the second one was waaaay better.
    Ah I was looking forward to that.Liked the first two

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Hacksaw Ridge 9/10
    sounds like a rom com

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Logan.

Well worth a watch.
    Yeah it was good. 2 minutes in I was thinking this is very ****** for an xmen film

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyTrinity View Post
    sounds like a rom com
    It's a Mel Gibson film, WW2, very good but sadly Mel once again uses his film making skills to plug 'God'

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    Zootropolis 10/10

Secret life of pets 7/10

The taking of Deborah Logan 8/10
    That escalated quickly.

Alien Covenant: 5/10

Fassbender being occasionally interesting whilst playing a flute is about the only thing good about this. Not really. Stick on the first two instead.

Dunkirk. Christopher Nolans latest work tells the story of 3 different characters (a pilot, soldier and civilian) in one day during the Dunkirk evacuation. All the characters stories intertwine very well. Not a lot of blood and guts but harrowing all the same. The dread those men must have felt on those beaches whilst waiting to be evacuated, even then to be blown up whilst at sea. Mark Rylands is the pick of the actors on show as the civilian boat captain who thinks it's his duty to sail to Dunkirk to rescue as many men as possible.
    Although Tom Hardy probably did most of his scenes from a green screen in his bedroom, the decisions he makes make for a powerful ending. Just a word on the musical score, it's there from the beginning until the end and it fits the film perfectly.
    Couldn't help but think when watching this about all the vitriol aimed at the older generation after the result of the Brexit vote. These people who did risk their lives for this countries freedom. Not instigate trans bathrooms or campaign for busts of famous philanthropists to be removed from universities. People who made a real difference and were willing to pay for it with their lives. But I digress.
    Very powerful 10/10

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by xaiax View Post
    Alien Covenant: 5/10

Fassbender being occasionally interesting whilst playing a flute is about the only thing good about this. Not really. Stick on the first two instead.
    Ridley Scott has been washed up for years, definitely ran out of ideas when he resorts back to the Alien franchise.

Just leave it alone Ridley, the first one was a masterpiece, and Cameron did a great job with Aliens.

BS movie industry rebooting things because the business is in the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    Dunkirk. Christopher Nolans latest work tells the story of 3 different characters (a pilot, soldier and civilian) in one day during the Dunkirk evacuation. All the characters stories intertwine very well. Not a lot of blood and guts but harrowing all the same. The dread those men must have felt on those beaches whilst waiting to be evacuated, even then to be blown up whilst at sea. Mark Rylands is the pick of the actors on show as the civilian boat captain who thinks it's his duty to sail to Dunkirk to rescue as many men as possible.
    Although Tom Hardy probably did most of his scenes from a green screen in his bedroom, the decisions he makes make for a powerful ending. Just a word on the musical score, it's there from the beginning until the end and it fits the film perfectly.
    Couldn't help but think when watching this about all the vitriol aimed at the older generation after the result of the Brexit vote. These people who did risk their lives for this countries freedom. Not instigate trans bathrooms or campaign for busts of famous philanthropists to be removed from universities. People who made a real difference and were willing to pay for it with their lives. But I digress.
    Very powerful 10/10
    Yeah sort of agree. I think the bit about trans bathrooms etc is a cheap point. We have no idea of how people would respond to a risk of invasion and to a large extent that generation (1930s and 1940s) were very different. Deference was still in vogue even following the 1st WW. People decry this generation and i think thats a tad unfair. I have upmost respect for those who fought in the WWs (both of them). Interesting gardening prog last night where someone who fought in Singapore and Burma was remembered. Listening to him (a bright as a button 93 yr old) it was about comradeship and fighting for yr mates. Essentially our sense of community has gone. One of the ships used in the film was a little ship (the Hilfranor) and was owned in the 80s and 90s by my late father in law.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Yeah sort of agree. I think the bit about trans bathrooms etc is a cheap point. We have no idea of how people would respond to a risk of invasion and to a large extent that generation (1930s and 1940s) were very different. Deference was still in vogue even following the 1st WW. People decry this generation and i think thats a tad unfair. I have upmost respect for those who fought in the WWs (both of them). Interesting gardening prog last night where someone who fought in Singapore and Burma was remembered. Listening to him (a bright as a button 93 yr old) it was about comradeship and fighting for yr mates. Essentially our sense of community has gone. One of the ships used in the film was a little ship (the Hilfranor) and was owned in the 80s and 90s by my late father in law.
    It's ironic that some people who 'claim' to be standing up for traditional English/British values these days actually support the very thing those brave people were fighting against.