Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last TV show you watched #2

Quote Originally Posted by ForkHandles View Post
    Holy crap, incredible television. Finished the series last night and can't stop thinking about it.
    That last episode was a hard watch. No show has made me feel like that. Prob the film Gone Baby Gone was close. But jesus that was harsh
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Just finished binge watched 13 Reasons Why.

Just wow.

10/10

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I tried to watch Dr who yesterday, words cannot express how bad this this has become,

Everything about it was terrible.

It was going downhill with David Tennant but at leas there was a decent episode every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    It's been awful for a long time.
    It used to be considered unmissable in our house but we stopped watching a couple of years ago.
    Gone to total **** hasn't it, tired and old looking.

Still, I was happy watching it Saturday as it was filmed all around my work place in Cardiff, they used the Uni Main Building and CGI'd Bristol Uni onto the sign but it was actually the back of our Main Building and they used the little park between that and the Glamorgan Building

I can watch it for that but the stories and energy and most of it is waning badly

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    Shades of Blue, second series has been entertaining enough so far.
    7/10
    10/10 Harlee Santos

Rick & Morty

Hilarious! Brilliant quick fire sci-fi surreal and clever comedy

10/10

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    Just finished binge watched 13 Reasons Why.

Just wow.

10/10
    Isn't it. Really is emotionally and thought provoking

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Isn't it. Really is emotionally and thought provoking
    Had the day off yesterday and kept seeing people talking about it.

Thought I'd put Mad Men on hold and check it out.

I put episode 1 on at 15:30 and binge watched it until 02:30. Got up this morning and watched the final two episodes. I've not been that engrossed in a show since LOST.

Homeland finished - not the best season but still a solid 7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Homeland finished - not the best season but still a solid 7.5/10
    It was a bit odd in places. Some very "convenient" moments I think. I was a little disappointed, but it looks like they are laying groundwork for what's to come .

Quote Originally Posted by DidiDidIt View Post
    It was a bit odd in places. Some very "convenient" moments I think. I was a little disappointed, but it looks like they are laying groundwork for what's to come .
    I liked when Dar said "i am not sure i was wrong. there is something not quite right about that woman" and then it happened

Poor quinn - should have let him die last season.

And astrid - always had a weird thing for her.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    I liked when Dar said "i am not sure i was wrong. there is something not quite right about that woman" and then it happened

Poor quinn - should have let him die last season.

And astrid - always had a weird thing for her.
    Agree with all of the above. I wish Jess would come back into it, somehow. She is such an amazing looking woman!!!

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Broadchurch,wasn't bad but it felt like they tried to pack a bit too much into one episode.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Rick & Morty

Hilarious! Brilliant quick fire sci-fi surreal and clever comedy

10/10
    SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Blasted through this whole show over the Easter weekend Absolutely loved it. Hilarious, of course, but there were some real hard hitting moments like the 'Unity' episode too. Rick is outstanding, how he just cuts through the ******** every time

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Broadchurch,wasn't bad but it felt like they tried to pack a bit too much into one episode.
    Aye I thought it was remarkably underwhelming, all a bit flat really

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Blasted through this whole show over the Easter weekend Absolutely loved it. Hilarious, of course, but there were some real hard hitting moments like the 'Unity' episode too. Rick is outstanding, how he just cuts through the ******** every time
    Brilliant ain't it, just nearly finished season 2 and needing more. Could happily watch the lot again too, just so good.

I love the the universal TV ads Rick wires up, the 'ants in my eyes Johnson' and 'personal space guy' and 'lil bites etc just crack me up.

Like you say though, some top stories and concepts in there, its like an Asimov short story fest lathered in great comedy

Aye I thought it was remarkably underwhelming, all a bit flat really

Brilliant ain't it, just nearly finished season 2 and needing more. Could happily watch the lot again too, just so good.

I love the the universal TV ads Rick wires up, the 'ants in my eyes Johnson' and 'personal space guy' and 'lil bites etc just crack me up.

Like you say though, some top stories and concepts in there, its like an Asimov short story fest lathered in great comedy
    The 'TWO BROTHERS!' ad had me in tears. I read they just tell the voice actors to talk any old nonsense and they animate around it for those ads, and it shows

The 'TWO BROTHERS!' ad had me in tears. I read they just tell the voice actors to talk any old nonsense and they animate around it for those ads, and it shows
    Yes that was great and you can tell they do it that way, in that lil bites one he just starts laughing half way through so they animate around that. Adds to it, plus the rhythm of their lines is all wrong but brilliant at the same time

Yes that was great and you can tell they do it that way, in that lil bites one he just starts laughing half way through so they animate around that. Adds to it, plus the rhythm of their lines is all wrong but brilliant at the same time
    Yeah, definitely, that's what makes them so funny. Rick even mentions in the show how 'loose' they are.

It's a great show, I'm all caught up now and thinking of starting again.

Yeah, definitely, that's what makes them so funny. Rick even mentions in the show how 'loose' they are.

Will be doing the same

Wubba lubba dub dub!

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect

Episode 1 of season 3 was shown on April Fool's Day (of all days) if you haven't seen it yet. And there's a vid on YT of them improvising a very short 'episode' which kinda gives you an idea of the creative process, the way Justin Roiland seamlessly switches between Rick and Morty's voice is just brilliant.

Jan Quadrant Vincent 16 and it's not even close!

Have any of our American brethren (or sistren) seen Fargo yet?
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    Jan Quadrant Vincent 16 and it's not even close!
    Starring that guy from Airwolf

Watched the first two episodes of the new season of Better Call Saul. Thought the first episode was awful, so *********** slow. Mike and his petrol cap! I do think they drag some of this stuff out for far too long. Second episode was a bit better, but still not very good. These episodes felt more the awful season 1 than the brilliant season 2. Oh, and this show would be so much better without Chuck! One of the most annoying characters from any show.

Also watched the first new episode of Fargo. Good writing and all that, but another accidental death/murder enquiry upcoming. I don't know if I'll be able to get past McGregor's awful accents. Took me right out of the show.

Thirteen Reasons Why, thought it was exceptional.

A couple years too late but I started watching Better call Saul. Finished season 1. I don't know if I'd enjoy it had I not watched Breaking Bad. Very slow at times (like the majority of the netflix shows). Not a great show but not a bad show either, it's watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    A couple years too late but I started watching Better call Saul. Finished season 1. I don't know if I'd enjoy it had I not watched Breaking Bad. Very slow at times (like the majority of the netflix shows). Not a great show but not a bad show either, it's watchable.
    First season was awful, but second season was much, much better. I think you definitely enjoy it more if you've seen Breaking Bad though yeah, seeing some of the characters again.

First season was awful, but second season was much, much better. I think you definitely enjoy it more if you've seen Breaking Bad though yeah, seeing some of the characters again.
    Season 2 has been pretty slow so far too in my opinion, hopefully it picks up.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    I think it's brilliant, I don't mind the slow burn nature of the show when the acting and writing is of such high quality.

Watched the first two episodes of the new season of Better Call Saul. Thought the first episode was awful, so *********** slow. Mike and his petrol cap! I do think they drag some of this stuff out for far too long. Second episode was a bit better, but still not very good. These episodes felt more the awful season 1 than the brilliant season 2. Oh, and this show would be so much better without Chuck! One of the most annoying characters from any show.

Also watched the first new episode of Fargo. Good writing and all that, but another accidental death/murder enquiry upcoming. I don't know if I'll be able to get past McGregor's awful accents. Took me right out of the show.
    Damn. I hope it picks up.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Awful series I thought, switched off after a few episodes, just dragging along and trading off its over hyped father Breaking Bad, I think you are right, as a series in its own right would likely not have gathered much of an audience without the Breaking Bad reputation attached to it.