Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1799

Thread: Rate the last TV show you watched #2

Mr Mercedes- Episode 1. Excellent. I can't wait for more now
    Last edited by DidiDidIt; 14-8-17 at 12:30.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by DidiDidIt View Post
    When was this on mate? And what channel?

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    When was this on mate? And what channel?
    It started on AT&T in the US last week, so I just LEGALLY* found it online. So it is going to be a week to week job. But, it is super so far. Never read a Stephen King book, but this is based on one of his.
    Episode 2 airing on Wednesday i believe

*I can't back this up

kas74 is online now First team regular
    It started on AT&T in the US last week, so I just LEGALLY* found it online. So it is going to be a week to week job. But, it is super so far. Never read a Stephen King book, but this is based on one of his.

*I can't back this up
    I've read the book,first in a series of three I think.

*I can't back this up
    Ah shall have to wait it out here in the UK

I've read bags of Kings stuff but not this one so might give it a whirl

TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    It's currently on my DVR. I'll pretty much watch anything with Brendan Gleason in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    The first season was very hit and miss but when it was done right it was inspired. 2nd season has built on that and seems much more consistent for me, maybe that has come with the change of scenery or the fact that we are finding much more about Cassidy and Tulip although the stand-out parts have been the segments of ass-face in hell - just inspired, regardless, its a very good watch.
    Thanks for info.. I watched the first season of Preacher and found it entertaining but nothing special. Sometimes it got boring and I gave up on it. I will have to give the second season a try.

I am the other way around with regards to Preacher, i really liked the first season, but the second one just seems pretty disjointed and all over the place, I have not been able to get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I am the other way around with regards to Preacher, i really liked the first season, but the second one just seems pretty disjointed and all over the place, I have not been able to get into it.
    TBF The 2nd season follows the comic books more whereas the 1st was made up to introduce characters outside of the story they wanted to make, so it had its place.

EDIT - Just noticed you are banned, those mods can be tough when you start *********** over their favourite shows.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

fyi: season 2 of the expanse arriving on netflix on 8 september

TBF The 2nd season follows the comic books more whereas the 1st was made up to introduce characters outside of the story they wanted to make, so it had its place.

EDIT - Just noticed you are banned, those mods can be tough when you start *********** over their favourite shows.
    Odd, there doesn't seem to be anything in his posting history that would warrant a ban, unless it's been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    It's currently on my DVR. I'll pretty much watch anything with Brendan Gleason in it.
    Great aint he!

Love SK - apparently they are making a TV version of the mist (it's bad but i still like that film).

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Rock View Post
    Odd, there doesn't seem to be anything in his posting history that would warrant a ban, unless it's been deleted.
    Yeah, it was definitely Preacher bashing. TBF I'd have banned him for that if I had the power.

Seriously though, I'm only on when I'm having a coffee at work so I've no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kenyanstar View Post
    Thanks for info.. I watched the first season of Preacher and found it entertaining but nothing special. Sometimes it got boring and I gave up on it. I will have to give the second season a try.
    I found it refreshing. Different to the classic comic book series lately.
    I like how they go more deeper with cassidy in season two

Yeah, it was definitely Preacher bashing. TBF I'd have banned him for that if I had the power.

Seriously though, I'm only on when I'm having a coffee at work so I've no idea.
    You would send him to hell if you had the power

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    You would send him to hell if you had the power
    Hey, it looks like a fun place, only my friends get to go to hell.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Rick and Morty was excellent again this week, one of the most consistently brilliant shows of recent years One of my favourite rappers making a cameo at the end too! Rick's sarcasm is absolute genius.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Rick and Morty was excellent again this week, one of the most consistently brilliant shows of recent years One of my favourite rappers making a cameo at the end too! Rick's sarcasm is absolute genius.
    YES! "Its always Israel" had me in stitches

Next weeks "pity trip" looks good too.

American Gods is worth watching but the side stories really drag. Book was better.

Tattoo Fixers.

Man, I could watch a whole series of Alice and her boat face.

American Gods is worth watching but the side stories really drag. Book was better.
    Short of a couple of them which didn't live up to the books, I really liked the side stories. Whoever is writing this show is obviously a fan and the additional material being added seems worthy of the original material. I gather Gaiman is absolutely stoked by the finished product.

Short of a couple of them which didn't live up to the books, I really liked the side stories. Whoever is writing this show is obviously a fan and the additional material being added seems worthy of the original material. I gather Gaiman is absolutely stoked by the finished product.
    Aye, there was a full unedited addition of the book which I think is now the more commonly read one and I like the fact the series has gone with these side stories and catered for such detail.

I just think they got it wrong with the wife, put far too much focus on her for my liking as mentioned before and it might be difficult in terms of how they write her in and out for later episodes, but like you say you can see why Gaiman would be happy with it, especially considering how other stories have been butchered by TV

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Aye, there was a full unedited addition of the book which I think is now the more commonly read one and I like the fact the series has gone with these side stories and catered for such detail.

I just think they got it wrong with the wife, put far too much focus on her for my liking as mentioned before and it might be difficult in terms of how they write her in and out for later episodes, but like you say you can see why Gaiman would be happy with it, especially considering how other stories have been butchered by TV
    I didn't mind the wife bits as the book doesn't explain what she went through other than a few short passages, it just seemed as though she went from the funeral to the lynching to the service station to the tree to the final battle (I think that's the lot ) with nothing in between explaining what she was doing in the meantime, what bugged me the most was probably the reveal about Wednesday and his group and Shadows nagging thought that something was amiss with these people he was meeting with. Seemed glossed over in the TV show but seemed a much bigger deal in the books.

I didn't mind the wife bits as the book doesn't explain what she went through other than a few short passages, it just seemed as though she went from the funeral to the lynching to the service station to the tree to the final battle (I think that's the lot ) with nothing in between explaining what she was doing in the meantime, what bugged me the most was probably the reveal about Wednesday and his group and Shadows nagging thought that something was amiss with these people he was meeting with. Seemed glossed over in the TV show but seemed a much bigger deal in the books.
    Yeah that seemed way too early a reveal, did feel a little gutted with that, especially with the full on display of power by Wednesday, far too early.

See what you mean about the wife factor in the book, but I quite liked that about it, she was always in mind but didn't dominate so I always felt reading it she had his back and was following but it felt just right to me, subtle like.

Shows the glory of taste and the story lends so much to the imagination, so as long as they don't go OTT it should continue to be good watching

Around episodes 6-7 it just felt bloated to me with side stories weighing us down from getting back to the main action, e.g. the deathly undertakers, the black goddess in the temple, and a lot of Rosie's story. They did the visit to the sister's house very well and I enjoyed that. The dead wife storyline also has some impetus and keeps me watching.

New season of Suits (netflix) has gone downhill a bit - is Mike possibly the most annoying character on TV?

Oh and can someone tell me if it is safe to go back into the GoT thread? I left due to spoilers about the leaked episode, made a plea, but my gut tells me not to go there...

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    New season of Suits (netflix) has gone downhill a bit - is Mike possibly the most annoying character on TV?

Oh and can someone tell me if it is safe to go back into the GoT thread? I left due to spoilers about the leaked episode, made a plea, but my gut tells me not to go there...
    There aren't really any spoilers (only one I think but it's well concealed with white font ). I also avoided that thread after the first leaked episode (which I didn't watch due to the poor quality, but this leak was decent so I couldn't help myself). I was more worried about book spoilers tbh.

I'm avoiding it until Monday. Can't be too careful.

Around episodes 6-7 it just felt bloated to me with side stories weighing us down from getting back to the main action, e.g. the deathly undertakers, the black goddess in the temple, and a lot of Rosie's story. They did the visit to the sister's house very well and I enjoyed that. The dead wife storyline also has some impetus and keeps me watching.
    They are quite important characters to be fair

Oh and can't watch megan markle anymore without seeing prince harry!