Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1769

Thread: Rate the last TV show you watched #2

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Anyone watching/watched El Chapo? How is it?
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    I too was wondering this after finishing the recent Narcos, it looks like it might be pretty decent,

The Defenders - 6/10. Following the disappointment of Ironfist comes the disappointment of the defenders. The marvel Netflix series have been pretty hit and miss so far. The team had no real dynamic, it took them 4ish episodes to come together (which is half of the season), the motives with Elektra were basically not explained at all and the entire last episode was one big cliché. I was looking forward to the punisher but following these last two series by Marvel I think I'll give it a pass unless it gets glowing reviews.

New season of 'Curb' is on Monday at 22:00 on sky Atlantic. (England).
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    Saw it last night and it looks like it is a good start just setting up . Additionally for the super nerds apparently it is available with Klingon subtitles. Even for non Klingon to non Klingon dialogue.
    I'm not THAT nerdy but that is Awesome.

I saw the first two last night (1 a week from now on) and its a completely different animal to normal Star Trek but I really like it. Discards the normal Star Trek episode structure (so far) in favour of a long term narrative structure. Quit dark too which was a surprise nicely balanced by some funny exchanges with the Science Officer. I also liked the tactical warhead bit because it was so away from what the other shows captains would have done, especially in the pilot, I cant imagine in a million years that something similar would have been tried in Next Generation.

One thing that really made me laugh out loud was in the gun fight, I could swear one of the Klingons was shot in the crotch!

Obviously keeping it very vague just in case someone hasn't seen it.

Edit - OK I've just been reminded outside of this forum of other similar incidents that happened in previous Star Trek franchises. My memory of these shows is probably a lot fluffier than the reality.
    Last edited by Eloader; 26-9-17 at 14:15.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Some of my favourite scenes from 'Curb' are the scene when Larry insults someone while while playing cards and his Dad not telling him his mum had died.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    Some of my favourite scenes from 'Curb' are the scene when Larry insults someone while while playing cards and his Dad not telling him his mum had died.
    Liked the waiting system for patients at the doctors too, gets himself into a right state

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Liked the waiting system for patients at the doctors too, gets himself into a right state
    Yeah. There are so many funny moments from the show.
    YNWA

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    The Defenders - 6/10. Following the disappointment of Ironfist comes the disappointment of the defenders. The marvel Netflix series have been pretty hit and miss so far. The team had no real dynamic, it took them 4ish episodes to come together (which is half of the season), the motives with Elektra were basically not explained at all and the entire last episode was one big cliché. I was looking forward to the punisher but following these last two series by Marvel I think I'll give it a pass unless it gets glowing reviews.
    I thought Elektra was very underwhelming in general. I mean, she was supposed to be this killing machine, yet I think she lost almost every fight she was involved in. Ironfist was just annoying as ****, and I thought Jessica Jones seemed way out of place, especially in the fight scenes. The other guys were doing all the damage and she was just walking around throwing one punch here and there. Wasn't great at all.

I must have watched the episode ‘Morty’s Mind Blowers’ of Rick and Morty about 6 times now.

That light switch memory cracks me up, so typical of Rick being an arse for the sake of it.

The whole Take things for granite bit too, poor Morty can’t have just one laugh at Rick’s expense can he.

Absolutely loved this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoBaggio94 View Post
    I must have watched the episode ‘Morty’s Mind Blowers’ of Rick and Morty about 6 times now.

That light switch memory cracks me up, so typical of Rick being an arse for the sake of it.

The whole Take things for granite bit too, poor Morty can’t have just one laugh at Rick’s expense can he.

I loved that bit, the irritation in Rick's voice as he describes Morty’s error in excruciating detail. We'll never know why and where Rick was keeping those people alive, part of the mystery of R&M

The Interdimensional TV type episodes can be a bit hit and miss but this one was right up there with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I thought Elektra was very underwhelming in general. I mean, she was supposed to be this killing machine, yet I think she lost almost every fight she was involved in. Ironfist was just annoying as ****, and I thought Jessica Jones seemed way out of place, especially in the fight scenes. The other guys were doing all the damage and she was just walking around throwing one punch here and there. Wasn't great at all.
    I won't go into spoilers but her actions near the last couple of episodes of the season were unjustified, I didn't understand what she wanted The entire season was so below par. I completely agree with you about JJ too, not only in the fight scenes, but also outside of them. For me, they essentially changed her character to make her 'fit in' with the rest. Ironfist and Cage had some absolutely cringeworthy things to say. Anyways, I would not recommend

Really enjoyed the first two episodes of Star Trek discovery, I liked everything about it apart from the intro song !!

I think that the Klingons look much better too and although the rest of the crew do not seem as interesting as I would like, I am looking forward to more of it !

I was not keen at all on the star trek after show or whatever it was supposed to be, I really hate how these shows that focus on discussing another show, have sprung up !

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Really enjoyed the first two episodes of Star Trek discovery, I liked everything about it apart from the intro song !!

I think that the Klingons look much better too and although the rest of the crew do not seem as interesting as I would like, I am looking forward to more of it !

I was not keen at all on the star trek after show or whatever it was supposed to be, I really hate how these shows that focus on discussing another show, have sprung up !
    Did It have Chris Hardwick hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    Looks decent..

I loved that bit, the irritation in Rick's voice as he describes Morty’s error in excruciating detail. We'll never know why and where Rick was keeping those people alive, part of the mystery of R&M
    It’s such a great scene. So much goes on during and episode that is either easy to miss, or makes you want to see what is actually happening way over there in the background. Even at the end during Interdimension cable, House Hunters is playing, but with actual hunters and houses being hunted. Brilliant stuff.

Just so many layers per episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    The Interdimensional TV type episodes can be a bit hit and miss but this one was right up there with the best.
    Yeah I agree. It’s definitely one of my favourite episodes. But then I feel like I say that every week.

This looks awesome but I wouldn't expect anything less.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39022239

BBC Natural History Unit + Sir David Attenborough - need I go on?

Blue Planet 2 air date unknown but this year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_38JDGnr0vA

Additionally the music is by Hans Zimmer and Radiohead.

Nice, classy music

It’s such a great scene. So much goes on during and episode that is either easy to miss, or makes you want to see what is actually happening way over there in the background. Even at the end during Interdimension cable, House Hunters is playing, but with actual hunters and houses being hunted. Brilliant stuff.

Just so many layers per episode.

Yeah I agree. It’s definitely one of my favourite episodes. But then I feel like I say that every week.
    This season has been a solid step up in quality.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Finally decided to give Archer a try on Netflix. Never bothered with it before as it just didn't look all that funny in the trailers I saw, but gave it a chance and glad I did. It's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    Finally decided to give Archer a try on Netflix. Never bothered with it before as it just didn't look all that funny in the trailers I saw, but gave it a chance and glad I did. It's very good.
    Its not half bad is it Archer, the HR character always gives me a laugh and the secretary who is a complete deviant.

Its not half bad is it Archer, the HR character always gives me a laugh and the secretary who is a complete deviant.
    I love Pam. Still can't quite get over Archer's voice though. He's just the movie geek guy from Family Guy in a different body.

I love Pam. Still can't quite get over Archer's voice though. He's just the movie geek guy from Family Guy in a different body.
    Yes he's also that Bob from Bob's Burgers

Parnell does one of the voices too, for the accountant dude who also plays 'Jerry' in Rick & Morty

Glorious, BBC nature programs are second to none.

Shame about the music !!!

Yes he's also that Bob from Bob's Burgers

Parnell does one of the voices too, for the accountant dude who also plays 'Jerry' in Rick & Morty
    Oh yes, of course he is. Actually got into Bob's Burgers recently as well. On a bit of an animation binge.

Not got to Rick and Morty yet, but plan to.

Oh yes, of course he is. Actually got into Bob's Burgers recently as well. On a bit of an animation binge.

Not got to Rick and Morty yet, but plan to.
    I haven't really given it a proper go yet, might well that out CR.

I went through Archer, Jeff & Some Aliens and Rick & Morty has just been mind blowingly good

I haven't really given it a proper go yet, might well that out CR.

I went through Archer, Jeff & Some Aliens and Rick & Morty has just been mind blowingly good
    BB's is worth a go. Not top rate but definitely plenty of laugh out loud moments. The kids in particular are given plenty of one liners.

Will definitely check out Rick and Morty when I get time. Got a mate who won't shut up about it and insists I'll love it.

BB's is worth a go. Not top rate but definitely plenty of laugh out loud moments. The kids in particular are given plenty of one liners.

Will definitely check out Rick and Morty when I get time. Got a mate who won't shut up about it and insists I'll love it.
    Which if you are anything like me, puts me off, I get all stubborn

Tis cracking mind to be fair, I was late in on it but has been great

Which if you are anything like me, puts me off, I get all stubborn

Tis cracking mind to be fair, I was late in on it but has been great
    Exactly like me. The very reason I refuse to watch Game of Thrones.