Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last TV show you watched #2

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Concentrate man!
    haha

ok dad

It was that bit in between on netflix where it says next episode in 15....14.....13....

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I liked the overall darker tone of Daredevil, but I do think they overdid it with all the ninja stuff the last few episodes. Just constant fighting doesn't do it for me.
    Aye it did drag on, they found something that people liked and just kept doing it as much as they could, which is pretty much the way Hollywood works as well, no thought required, just milking everything as much as they can.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I recently got up to speed with inside no 9, apart from a couple of episodes here and there ( the nightclub one and christines life in particular )It was some cracking viewing indeed.
    My favourite episode has to be " la couchette ", laugh out loud funny stuff, and it reminded me a bit of my travels in france !!

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    just finished Iron Fist and even though some bits need a tweak here or there a resounding 8/10. enjoyed the story and conflict of Danny Rand and an interesting ending.. there will be consequences.

wonder if this is all a set up for a season two or another link for The Defenders. oh and what an ingenious way to get Stan Lee on the show 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I recently got up to speed with inside no 9, apart from a couple of episodes here and there ( the nightclub one and christines life in particular )It was some cracking viewing indeed.
    My favourite episode has to be " la couchette ", laugh out loud funny stuff, and it reminded me a bit of my travels in france !!
    Yeah, love inside no.9.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I loved death-note, definitely one of the good ones. I assume you are watching these on Netflix?

I'm nuts for Anime, ever since I saw Akira back when I was a kid.
    Yeah watching on netflix. They have quite a few, Gurren Lagann is next, followed by Ajin.

Akira! My buddy is gonna let me borrow it. What got me interested in anime was reading reviews of classic anime films like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke.

If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by -MabelMeister- View Post
    Yeah watching on netflix. They have quite a few, Gurren Lagann is next, followed by Ajin.

Akira! My buddy is gonna let me borrow it. What got me interested in anime was reading reviews of classic anime films like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke.

If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear 'em.
    Grave of Fireflies is a very hard watch, IIRC, not what I was expecting from Ghibli at all. I've never come across an anime so tear-jerking.

As far as recommendations are concerned, I suppose it depends on what you like (you've mentioned some of the main ones already). Personally I've got all the Hellsing (Dracula works for the Hellsing Organisation protecting humans from other vampires), Sword Art Online (games get stuck in a VR video game), A great recent one is Attack on Titan (the last of humanity fighting back against mindless giants with a taste for human flesh) and Berserk (odd time period (Japaneese version of the hundred years war) following a berserker (I'll not say too much) has its moments, some early ones I liked would be any Ghibli (they are all good), Wicked City, Code Geass, Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll. There is also anime versions of Blade, Xmen and other Marvel titles. I could keep going but I can't remember a lot of them off the top of my head.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Watching Designated Survivor at the moment. Pretty damn good show for a network TV program.

Solid 8/10 so far.

Some of you might know that I have a variety of type of box sets I like to watch ( not documentaries )

Now I haven't got catch up TV or any of the other TV technology or a computer to stream programmes, so have to buy a box set

Just finished watching the Last Ship

Deciding which box set is next to watch

So that there was one box set the last Kingdom or something called that

Not sure getting Arrow

What would people recommend

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Some of you might know that I have a variety of type of box sets I like to watch ( not documentaries )

Now I haven't got catch up TV or any of the other TV technology or a computer to stream programmes, so have to buy a box set

Just finished watching the Last Ship

Deciding which box set is next to watch

So that there was one box set the last Kingdom or something called that

Not sure getting Arrow

What would people recommend
    like the last ship - some good self contained stories for the larger story generally. think its on season three? four now and looking forward to its next airing.

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    just finished Iron Fist and even though some bits need a tweak here or there a resounding 8/10. enjoyed the story and conflict of Danny Rand and an interesting ending.. there will be consequences.

wonder if this is all a set up for a season two or another link for The Defenders. oh and what an ingenious way to get Stan Lee on the show 10/10
    Isn't this coming out on Netflix soon?

I like the superhero type series, but to be honest I prefer the less dark type series like Flash, Smallville rather than Gotham and Daredevil- but I do enjoy both- I know I will probably get laughed at for this, but I watch these series through with my lads (you know the bonding type thing) so I prefer the more light hearted series
    Klopps beard twin

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post

I like the superhero type series, but to be honest I prefer the less dark type series like Flash, Smallville rather than Gotham and Daredevil- but I do enjoy both- I know I will probably get laughed at for this, but I watch these series through with my lads (you know the bonding type thing) so I prefer the more light hearted series
    it was released on friday. enjoyed it. felt though that it was ultimately like half a story with so much more to be told. rewatching daredevil at minute - damn, that fight scene in the corridor is just brutal.

im just a kid at heart, always loved the comics when i was a lad and now finally seeing them making it onto screen is amazing. never thought i would see it in my lifetime tbh. i hate it when studios like warners really screw it up but love what netflix and marvel are doing - and in some ways the tv side as well - though a bit more teen friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Grave of Fireflies is a very hard watch, IIRC, not what I was expecting from Ghibli at all. I've never come across an anime so tear-jerking.

As far as recommendations are concerned, I suppose it depends on what you like (you've mentioned some of the main ones already). Personally I've got all the Hellsing (Dracula works for the Hellsing Organisation protecting humans from other vampires), Sword Art Online (games get stuck in a VR video game), A great recent one is Attack on Titan (the last of humanity fighting back against mindless giants with a taste for human flesh) and Berserk (odd time period (Japaneese version of the hundred years war) following a berserker (I'll not say too much) has its moments, some early ones I liked would be any Ghibli (they are all good), Wicked City, Code Geass, Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll. There is also anime versions of Blade, Xmen and other Marvel titles. I could keep going but I can't remember a lot of them off the top of my head.
    Thanks for the recs! I'll get a list going so I can check them out sometime.

Marvel's Iron Fist - 0

Yes, that's right, I liked nothing about this show. Poorly cast/acted, terrible writing, completely unoriginal, ragged pacing, bad fight choreography, hours of pointless filler, uninspiring premier and laughable finale. A train wreck of a program with all the hallmarks of producers and executives phoning it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi98 View Post
    Marvel's Iron Fist - 0

Yes, that's right, I liked nothing about this show. Poorly cast/acted, terrible writing, completely unoriginal, ragged pacing, bad fight choreography, hours of pointless filler, uninspiring premier and laughable finale. A train wreck of a program with all the hallmarks of producers and executives phoning it in.
    So you watched all the episodes

Marvel's Iron Fist - 0

think your being harsh.. but fair play if thats what you think.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Jeremy Kyle.
    Makes me want a DNA test.

Marvel's Iron Fist - 0

Did you just lift that from a review?

I've not watched it, not my cup of tea really

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Yeah, love inside no.9.
    Aye its great, really disturbing one week before last with a crossword theme

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post

yes, later this year.
    Marvel's Iron Fist - 0

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    I have and I agree with Roshi, compared to the other 3 netflix marvel shows it is vastly inferior on every level.

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Jeremy Kyle.
    Makes me want a DNA test.
    It would come back saying you're BMA is comprised of gin and fudge .
    Which you already know so why waste NATIONAL TELEVISION time , you're contractually bound to blurt out "ON NATONAL TELEVISION " with misplaced aggression when wearing your best tracksuit on that show

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    It would come back saying you're BMA is comprised of gin and fudge .
    Which you already know so why waste NATIONAL TELEVISION time , you're contractually bound to blurt out "ON NATONAL TELEVISION " with misplaced aggression when wearing your best tracksuit on that show
    I'd probably fail the audition on account of having all my own teeth and failing to ensure that both of my kids have a different father.

Another dream dies.

Homeland

Still good. Not as good as past seasons but I enjoy it. Looks like they thought Hilary would win the election, and then had to change the story. I bet trump watches it and gets all paranoid about the CIA etc plotting against him!

8/10

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Did you just lift that from a review?

I've not watched it, not my cup of tea really
    I actually haven't even watched or read a single review yet. Don't need to when a program is so blatantly terrible. My acrimony just flows from the pen, as it were.

Yep. Every. Single. One. Laid up sick over the weekend. The fever was more fun than this show.

Yep. Every. Single. One. Laid up sick over the weekend. The fever was more fun than this show.
    How did you manage to watch every one if it was that awful. I'd have stopped like i did with Cage

How did you manage to watch every one if it was that awful. I'd have stopped like i did with Cage
    probably the same reason I sat through all of Doctor Strange, I didn't want to miss it if anything good actually happened or linked in with the other movies despite the fact it was awful.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    probably the same reason I sat through all of Doctor Strange, I didn't want to miss it if anything good actually happened or linked in with the other movies despite the fact it was awful.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    hardly surprising for someone that's blind

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    hardly surprising for someone that's blind

The last episode of Homeland was very good - brain washing of the masses by 'Sock Puppets' good stuff