Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 2,281 to 2,293 of 2293

Thread: Rate the last TV show you watched #2

Into the Badlands. Beautifully choreographed fight scenes.

8/10
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    Britannia...GOT ripoff or worth watching?
    Depends on if you enjoy GOT. I prefer Britannia because I think GOT s pretty overrated. I used to watch it but gave up due to what as to be one of the biggest groups of terrible actors ever gathered on a tv show. There is literally only a couple of them can act to the basic level.

Fourth season of Peaky Blinders.

Boss out of 10.

On season 1, episode 10 of Gommorah. Absolutely tremendous.

WilbertoSilva is offline First team regular
    Watched the first 5 episodes of Gomorrah season 3 last night, what a brilliant show. Hasn't quite hit the heights of the first 2 seasons just yet, but it's clearly building up to a few explosive ends. Just confirming it's place in my top 3 shows ever, an excellent piece of television.

Has anyone watched the Juventus show that Netflix released?

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Just finished Star Trek: Discovery and I've got to say on the whole its been a fantastic ride but the last episode was pretty much a complete let down, this is supposed to be the finale not mid-season filler. There were a couple of things to like but this was far lighter in substance then any episode we've had to date.

Overall: 8.5/10
    Last nights episode: 3/10.
    Just finished discovery - a decent return for star trek, the last episode was pants and the series seemed to wrap up quickly, but a good 8/10 for me but then I am a star trek fan generally. I think although polished it felt a bit shallow - dont think enough character development of 'the group' took place; hated 'ash'.

i hope they build on more star trek universe in the second series and bring back Lorca somehow.

What I would really like is for them to make and air a couple semi-parralel series' like they did with TNG/DS9/V. It's always best when there are multiple stories fleshing it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Just finished discovery - a decent return for star trek, the last episode was pants and the series seemed to wrap up quickly, but a good 8/10 for me but then I am a star trek fan generally. I think although polished it felt a bit shallow - dont think enough character development of 'the group' took place; hated 'ash'.

i hope they build on more star trek universe in the second series and bring back Lorca somehow.

What I would really like is for them to make and air a couple semi-parralel series' like they did with TNG/DS9/V. It's always best when there are multiple stories fleshing it all out.
    I didn't mind Ash (though it seemed against character to do what he did in the end) but it was a tough ask in the middle, I loved that the actor playing Ash played Voq too.

When you see how previous incarnations of Star Tek have handled the crew you generally find that everyone has their moment in the spotlight so you know who is who and what their motivations are. I'm struggling to remember WTF that alien/robot woman was on the bridge. Her job seemed primarily based on turning around in a dramatic fashion.

What do you mean when you say "semi-parallel series"? Any examples to get my brain onto your wavelength.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

I didn't mind Ash (though it seemed against character to do what he did in the end) but it was a tough ask in the middle, I loved that the actor playing Ash played Voq too.

When you see how previous incarnations of Star Tek have handled the crew you generally find that everyone has their moment in the spotlight so you know who is who and what their motivations are. I'm struggling to remember WTF that alien/robot woman was on the bridge. Her job seemed primarily based on turning around in a dramatic fashion.

What do you mean when you say "semi-parallel series"? Any examples to get my brain onto your wavelength.
    I love that she is probably the hottest actress on the show (in real life not as a robot) - and they enclosed her into that costume! It would be testament to her acting skills but all she actually seemed to do was turn around dramatically!

By semi parallel series i meant showing on our TV screens and also existing roughly the same timeline on the shows such as TNG 1988?-1996, DS9 1993-1999 and voyager 1995-2001 all on our screens the same week, together fleshing out different parts of the ST universe (albeit with timeframes not quite overlapping perfectly, but close). It felt all the more immersive for it.

Basically I am saying they should start another ST series as well as this one but focussing on another part of the federation (in order to satiate me!)

I love that she is probably the hottest actress on the show (in real life not as a robot) - and they enclosed her into that costume! It would be testament to her acting skills but all she actually seemed to do was turn around dramatically!

By semi parallel series i meant showing on our TV screens and also existing roughly the same timeline on the shows such as TNG 1988?-1996, DS9 1993-1999 and voyager 1995-2001 all on our screens the same week, together fleshing out different parts of the ST universe (albeit with timeframes not quite overlapping perfectly, but close). It felt all the more immersive for it.

Basically I am saying they should start another ST series as well as this one but focussing on another part of the federation (in order to satiate me!)
    Sorry, got you now.

For me, it was a race to get back from school to catch about 3/4 of an episode, that's pretty much my viewing experience of Star Trek. I should replicate it on Discovery but I like it too much.

I think if this takes off, we might find they start another one up.

Sorry, got you now.

For me, it was a race to get back from school to catch about 3/4 of an episode, that's pretty much my viewing experience of Star Trek. I should replicate it on Discovery but I like it too much.

I think if this takes off, we might find they start another one up.
    Ha - after I mentally moved on from the original Kirk, I gave them try so I started them all a little late (early 2000s) so they were on syndication by then - on tv on a loop - was great!

Ha - after I mentally moved on from the original Kirk, I gave them try so I started them all a little late (early 2000s) so they were on syndication by then - on tv on a loop - was great!
    When it was announced Discovery was coming we started bingeing all the Star Terk stuff from Next Gen onwards, some of the stuff I missed was quite relevant in the end. We had to stop after a while, too much stuff there to watch. Shock horror, too much Star Trek is a bad thing, who knew.