Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1454

Thread: Rate the last TV show you watched #2

  1. #1 Default Rate the last TV show you watched #2 
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,887
    Arrow season 4 - 5.5/10, no bueno. Disappointing because the first 2 seasons were so good.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,405
    Thanks for the new thread, the hamster appreciates it
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,580
    Watched 1st season of Happy Valley absolutely brilliant.

    Watched 2 episodes of Braindead and sorry but humour just wasn't there for me.

    Also started It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Should i have watched a previous show as it just starts in bar. It like it presumes i know each character already. It seems abit thrown together like here we have 10 sketches now lets put them together
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Watched 1st season of Happy Valley absolutely brilliant.

    Watched 2 episodes of Braindead and sorry but humour just wasn't there for me.

    Also started It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Should i have watched a previous show as it just starts in bar. It like it presumes i know each character already. It seems abit thrown together like here we have 10 sketches now lets put them together
    Did you start fresh with episode 1 of Always Sunny, or pick it up at an episode later in the seasons?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    Did you start fresh with episode 1 of Always Sunny, or pick it up at an episode later in the seasons?
    Episode 1 on listing. They meet the girls black friend and it escalates from there
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Episode 1 on listing. They meet the girls black friend and it escalates from there
    Yep, that's the first episode. You get to know the characters more over the course of the first and second seasons. Make sure you get through the second season at least, because that's when a main character is introduced.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    Yep, that's the first episode. You get to know the characters more over the course of the first and second seasons. Make sure you get through the second season at least, because that's when a main character is introduced.
    Its funny in parts just very Saturday Night Live
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Its funny in parts just very Saturday Night Live
    First season is a little rough around the edges. It takes time for them to slowly peel back each layer to show you just how screwed up they are.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    First season is a little rough around the edges. It takes time for them to slowly peel back each layer to show you just how screwed up they are.
    The stream ive got is smaller screen. Rough quality so its like all looks out of place. Im dry and sarcastic me so the one liners and put downs are in my street so will defo carry on
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    717
    The Night of -

    Not bad, i'll give it a 7.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,266
    Narcos was good.
    its been over two years since Pascoe was last seen in his shorts.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Watched 1st season of Happy Valley absolutely brilliant.

    Watched 2 episodes of Braindead and sorry but humour just wasn't there for me.

    Also started It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Should i have watched a previous show as it just starts in bar. It like it presumes i know each character already. It seems abit thrown together like here we have 10 sketches now lets put them together
    Horses for courses I guess.

    My wife watched the first episode of this and knew it was right up my alley. I've burnt through all the available episodes in 3 days and hungry for more.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    35,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Horses for courses I guess.

    My wife watched the first episode of this and knew it was right up my alley. I've burnt through all the available episodes in 3 days and hungry for more.
    I watched a couple of episodes last night.
    Weren't bad.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,772
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    I watched a couple of episodes last night.
    Weren't bad.
    The season finished last night and I've not had a chance to see it yet.

    It does feel a bit at sea sometimes with the transition from political drama to brainwashing aliens being a bit uneasy but I like it all the same. I'll report back when I see the remaining episodes tonight.

    On to another show - Vikings was mentioned a here a few weeks ago and I suddenly remembered that it was slowly filling up my hard drive. I've just blasted through season 2 and 3 (after watching season 1 previously) and just started on 4. Just WOW! I love this show!
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    KanyeWest is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    58,896
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeak View Post
    Narcos was good.
    i didnt like the ending
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    KanyeWest is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    58,896
    also...

    Vice Principals - definitely the best comedy show out right now
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,772
    Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    also...

    Vice Principals - definitely the best comedy show out right now
    That's another one filling up my HD. I might break it out now its got a good review.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    22,754
    Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    also...

    Vice Principals - definitely the best comedy show out right now
    I love Danny McBride, even if he does play exactly the same character in everything he's in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,217
    Just finished season 1 of Stranger Things. Solid 9/10

    Heavily influenced by the goonies and basically any Spielberg film in the 80's. Very stylish and definitely worth the hype. Looking forward to season 2
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,887
    Brooklyn 99 - 9/10. Super enjoyable, one of the better sitcoms out there at the moment.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Coutinho_to_Greatness is offline Directors Box
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,077
    Just bought myself the amazon fire stick, are they any good and can you watch the 3 Oclocks?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,772
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    I love Danny McBride, even if he does play exactly the same character in everything he's in.
    Yeah, just caught up on Vice Principals over the weekend, it is very similar to Eastbound and Down, which I loved too and I saw it shares creative talent.

    Like Eastbound and Down, Vice Principals is very funny in places and quite dark in others. I'd score both 8/10
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,858
    Annual rewatch of I'm Alan Partridge

    10/10
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Coutinho_to_Greatness View Post
    Just bought myself the amazon fire stick, are they any good and can you watch the 3 Oclocks?
    Google some builds. I use Wookie.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Google some builds. I use Wookie.
    Same. Beasts ok too.
    its been over two years since Pascoe was last seen in his shorts.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeak View Post
    Same. Beasts ok too.
    Only ever used Wookie.
    Last edited by Eggz; 13-11-16 at 00:45.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,772
    I see Lucifer started up on the second series last night in the US. Was largely enjoyable so I'll be all over this.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I see Lucifer started up on the second series last night in the US. Was largely enjoyable so I'll be all over this.
    On it now 😃
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    68,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I see Lucifer started up on the second series last night in the US. Was largely enjoyable so I'll be all over this.
    aye, all the fall shows start up over the next few weeks. find lucifer amusing, brits rule :
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    aye, all the fall shows start up over the next few weeks. find lucifer amusing, brits rule :
    It was good to Morningstar back. 😃😃😃
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •