Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmino 2016/2017 thread

Imo, he played very well.
    Just returning from injury, he caused a lot of problems for City with his movement and pressing. Won the penalty for the first goal and could have assisted the second if Lallana finished it. Not sure what more do people want. Being made into a scapegoat for no reason.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

The only problem I have with Bob is he is far too slow....other than that, top player!

I've said the hardest positions to improve upon this defensive midfield central midfield and a striker

Always believe that in English football that when you're playing with a lone striker that you need a physical player good in the air pace strong and so on i.e some like Lukaku

Also believe that need a striker this clinical but doesn't change your style become one dimensional i.e someone like Lacazette

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    The only problem I have with Bob is he is far too slow....other than that, top player!
    Yeah I'd agree with this.

Also noticed twice yesterday when he was wide open in front of goal and our lads didn't pass to him!

He's not flawless but he adds a lot to the team, especially the way Klopp wants to play.

Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    Yeah I'd agree with this.

Also noticed twice yesterday when he was wide open in front of goal and our lads didn't pass to him!

He's not flawless but he adds a lot to the team, especially the way Klopp wants to play.
    And vice versa - I think Lallana was in a far better position when he hit the side net. But it was really a tough game and it isn't easy to make right decisions in split of a second.

I agree he looked very slow yesterday, but I believe it is definitely fitness related. In fact, I was more concerned with Origi's pace. I am actually very satisfied with how Bobby turned out to be in that strikers role, but I do challenge him to improve his finishing for the next season. A mobile and pressing striker is important for Klopp's system, but a ruthless finisher is even more so (Lewa, Aubameyang...).

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemer View Post
    And vice versa - I think Lallana was in a far better position when he hit the side net. But it was really a tough game and it isn't easy to make right decisions in split of a second.

I agree he looked very slow yesterday, but I believe it is definitely fitness related. In fact, I was more concerned with Origi's pace. I am actually very satisfied with how Bobby turned out to be in that strikers role, but I do challenge him to improve his finishing for the next season. A mobile and pressing striker is important for Klopp's system, but a ruthless finisher is even more so (Lewa, Aubameyang...).
    Yeah those are all fair comments.

It was a blinder of a game, both sides were gunning for the win.

Regarding Bobby's pace, he's never been the quickest tbh. Mane is grease lightning but Firmino relies more on positional awareness and trickery.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Helmet View Post
    Just returning from injury, he caused a lot of problems for City with his movement and pressing. Won the penalty for the first goal and could have assisted the second if Lallana finished it. Not sure what more do people want. Being made into a scapegoat for no reason.
    Bobby didn't have jis best game yesterday he also missed a sitter

Coach791 is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Helmet View Post
    Exactly. Won a penalty, created a great chance for Lallana, had some good chances himself, ran his socks off and played well. Not perfect but as you say first game back that was a good game from the lad.

I think he's as good as we've got for the system Klopp wants to play as his workrate is exceptional.
    Really needs to work on his finishing though.

I don't think he's that slow actually. He's not mane fast, but he's not slow.
    His hold up play is the best we have in the team. I think there's a lot of pressure on him being our main forward at the moment and he gets alot of unfair criticism imo.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    no where near a sitter, a good chance but never got his feet sorted out properly to take the shot. The fella only had 1 or 2 sessions with the team in the last 2 weeks.
    Last edited by LW94; 20-3-17 at 19:33.

quick feet and decent pace once he gets going but hasn't got that Mane burst of pace.
    One of the things I envy about City's front 3, some pace among them players.

I thought he played quite well Ray. Should have gone off when Coutinho went off though for me.

Not keen on the standard Coutinho off after 70 minutes all the time that seems to becoming the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    I thought he played quite well Ray. Should have gone off when Coutinho went off though for me.

Not keen on the standard Coutinho off after 70 minutes all the time that seems to becoming the norm.
    He did tire to be fair.
    I like it the fact that Klopp is willing to sub the star player if he's not performing well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    He did tire to be fair.
    I like it the fact that Klopp is willing to sub the star player if he's not performing well enough.
    I think he was starting to effect the game more when he came off and there was more space. To be fair I thought Origi looked more like he'd done a gruelling 70 minutes when he came on.

I think he was starting to effect the game more when he came off and there was more space. To be fair I thought Origi looked more like he'd done a gruelling 70 minutes when he came on.
    shame that he was our only option, didn't have a clue what to do when he got the ball.

shame that he was our only option, didn't have a clue what to do when he got the ball.
    No he didn't, didn't look to have much energy either.

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    He's by far our best striker but his finishing is not at the required standard of a top number 9. His overall game is superb though.
    "Let the ball all the work do." - Jurgen Klopp. 22/07/2017.

Wasteful springs to mind with Bobby.

Although I did think he played well yesterday,

No he didn't, didn't look to have much energy either.
    to be fair it was a very difficult game to adapt to, it was so fast paced he never got up to speed.
    I know what you mean though he wasn't even capable of outrunning Otamendi.

Very impressive considering he was just returning from injury.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Very impressive considering he was just returning from injury.
    He did miss an absolute sitter

He did miss an absolute sitter
    no he didn't

great article on Firmino by Paul Tomkins - https://tomkinstimes.com/2017/03/fir...est-in-europe/

no he didn't
    You didn't think the one on one was a sitter?
    Yes I suppose you can say it was a good save but he should have buried it

You didn't think the one on one was a sitter?
    Yes I suppose you can say it was a good save but he should have buried it
    if Firmino's is a sitter then I have no idea what Lallana's was. There's not a chance that the same word can be used to describe both of them.

if Firmino's is a sitter then I have no idea what Lallana's was. There's not a chance that the same word can be used to describe both of them.
    Ok Bobby missed an easy chance that he should have scored
    While Lallana should have gone to spec-savers...................And Lallana is my favourite player of our currant first eleven

I was directly behind that goal and couldn't understand why he hadn't scored when he dropped to the ground I thought he'd had one of them lazars shone into his eyes but np it was just a ridiculous miss

Ok Bobby missed an easy chance that he should have scored
    While Lallana should have gone to spec-savers...................And Lallana is my favourite player of our currant first eleven

I was directly behind that goal and couldn't understand why he hadn't scored when he dropped to the ground I thought he'd had one of them lazars shone into his eyes but np it was just a ridiculous miss
    Bobby never really got his feet sorted to bend it round the keeper but props to the Gk as he was very quick off his line. I'd never describe a 1-on-1 as a sitter, but its a very good chance.

Lallana's was more of a sitter but at the same time it was just bizarre. His footwork is unbelievable, miss-kicking a ball is the last thing you'd associate with Lallana.

Bobby never really got his feet sorted to bend it round the keeper but props to the Gk as he was very quick off his line. I'd never describe a 1-on-1 as a sitter, but its a very good chance.

Lallana's was more of a sitter but at the same time it was just bizarre. His footwork is unbelievable, miss-kicking a ball is the last thing you'd associate with Lallana.
    It was like he was a girl drunk

I'm guessing Bobby is one of your favourite players