Notices
Closed Thread
Page 55 of 104 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 3096

Thread: Philippe Coutinho

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Was hoping for better than this mate - we have tried the quality route for the 5th or 6th team in the country, we have the 3rd biggest wages

Firmino 30m - can't play on the wings
    Sturridge 12m -all we can get is a bit part service for 120grand a week
    Moreno 12m - forced out by a midfielder
    Benteke - Sakho - Markovic - all signed, peed up the wall and moved out
    We didn't spend 30 on Firmino the winger either. He can't play on the wings because he isn't a winger.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

if he wants to go, he'll go and we'll get good money for him. If he doesn't want to go, he won't, and we keep a class player with excellent potential to improve. Either way, there's nothing fans can do about it, and it's all just speculation at the moment.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LChristina View Post
    We don't need to target established stars as a rule, even though we probably should. We just need to get better at 'everything' surrounding player recruitment. Anything from spotting the Matip-type deals, the Coutinho-type bargains, to finding the next wonderkids. If we're smart it shouldn't have to cost a fortune to improve the squad we have now, but in any case we should be prepared to pay and offer good wages to get the players Klopp wants.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...uillem-balague

"Barcelona not interested in Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho, says Guillem Balague"

Balague said so. It is like a Simon Says kind of thing. NOT.

Anything can happen.
    Ah right. Then again as he has no clause, we don't have to sell him if we don't want to. And we can name our price, so if we say 150 million for Coutinho, pay up....
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Ah right. Then again as he has no clause, we don't have to sell him if we don't want to. And we can name our price, so if we say 150 million for Coutinho, pay up....
    "They are looking for a different type of midfielder. Nobody doubts Coutinho's quality but Barcelona don't have the money to be getting three or four top players for their first-choice line-up." (GB quote)

...poor Barca

I hate when modern players come out saying what an honor it is to be associated with this or that club, I am focused on playing here, I do not know what the future holds la di da - it is annoying although indicative of a modern players approach to going where the "bigger" stage or money is.

Recently I heard on our official website Trent saying he wants to stay here and one day captain the team - made me love the lad more for this!

However on average - most players are approachable and sadly for us we will only know a player is not leaving when the window closes...
    The voices that speak to me are red...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevinn View Post
    I hate when modern players come out saying what an honor it is to be associated with this or that club, I am focused on playing here, I do not know what the future holds la di da - it is annoying although indicative of a modern players approach to going where the "bigger" stage or money is.

If a bid comes in for Coutinho by a club currently bigger and more successful than us, Coutinho will push for the move. LFC is a work in progress, and we have this 1 step forward, 2 steps back aura about us sometimes.

Even if we place top 4 this season, we know it'll be tough to hold on to it next season, and the next. We haven't been a CL side for some time now.

We have to qualify for CL placing 4th, so let's not lose our focus.

If we want to build a team, it can't be a 5 to 10 year project, we have to be smart and determined. If it takes too long, we know our best players will inevitably become restless and worried they'll not win big trophies in their careers.

If a bid comes in for Coutinho by a club currently bigger and more successful than us, Coutinho will push for the move. LFC is a work in progress, and we have this 1 step forward, 2 steps back aura about us sometimes.

Even if we place top 4 this season, we know it'll be tough to hold on to it next season, and the next. We haven't been a CL side for some time now.

If we want to build a team, it can't be a 5 to 10 year project, we have to be smart and determined. If it takes too long, we know our best players will inevitably become restless and worried they'll not win big trophies in their careers.
    I think you're right generally speaking. But, Klopp has all of these players bought in. I don't think there's a single player on that squad who feels they'd be best off elsewhere, except for maybe Alberto Moreno. When a 30 year old, right-footed central midfielder gets the nod ahead of you all season at left back, that's probably not what you want to see. Outside of him though, I don't think any of our "top players" would truly want to leave the club. They believe in him and believe in the players around them. They want to get better and feel he's helping them to do that. Name one player who's regressed under Klopp...?

He's gotten the best out of Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Lallana and Henderson. Sturridge may be an exception to that rule, but that's mostly down to further injury problems, not really Klopp so much. Even Origi has looked great at times under Klopp. These players don't want to go elsewhere and sit on the shelf. They want to play games, win games and compete which they can do here.

Like you aptly pointed out however, if 4 or 5 years down the road we haven't seen real progress and aren't competing for titles...they will change their tune for certain.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect

Nothing at all to indicate that this would be the case.

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by NDex87 View Post
    I think you're right generally speaking. But, Klopp has all of these players bought in. I don't think there's a single player on that squad who feels they'd be best off elsewhere, except for maybe Alberto Moreno. When a 30 year old, right-footed central midfielder gets the nod ahead of you all season at left back, that's probably not what you want to see. Outside of him though, I don't think any of our "top players" would truly want to leave the club. They believe in him and believe in the players around them. They want to get better and feel he's helping them to do that. Name one player who's regressed under Klopp...?

He's gotten the best out of Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Lallana and Henderson. Sturridge may be an exception to that rule, but that's mostly down to further injury problems, not really Klopp so much. Even Origi has looked great at times under Klopp. These players don't want to go elsewhere and sit on the shelf. They want to play games, win games and compete which they can do here.

Like you aptly pointed out however, if 4 or 5 years down the road we haven't seen real progress and aren't competing for titles...they will change their tune for certain.
    And they also know that this summer there will be some quality brought in, so we don't have to go through another slump like at the start of the year.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Was hoping for better than this mate - we have tried the quality route for the 5th or 6th team in the country, we have the 3rd biggest wages

Firmino 30m - can't play on the wings
    Sturridge 12m -all we can get is a bit part service for 120grand a week
    Moreno 12m - forced out by a midfielder
    Benteke - Sakho - Markovic - all signed, peed up the wall and moved out
    According to this we actually have the 5th biggest wage bill and we are currently sitting in 3rd. But don't let that get in the way of your whining agenda.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/en...-club-by-club/

There are three possibilities
    1 he stays
    2 he stays to see if we qualify for the CL, but dont play the games so he doesnt becomes tied. If we qualify he stays, if not he leaves.
    3 he leaves before the cl qualifying

Coutinho joined us in 2013, what trophies have we won since then?

He needs to feel progress.

I think that if we get champions league football there's a good chance that he'll stay. Otherwise, he's gone if Barcelona come in for him. It would be disappointing but it's clear that you're going to lose your best players when you aren't competing with the elite in the champions league.

I think we mentioned it in another thread, but there are varying degrees of progress. As I pointed out then, he was just named the best Brazilian player in Europe. He beat out the likes of Neymar, Willian, Firmino, Silva, Marcelo, Costa, Miranda, Alves, the list goes on. That's an achievement, albeit a personal one but an achievement nonetheless. He's about to finish this campaign with more goals (12) and most assists (7) in his career. Plus, he can look to himself as one of the main reasons that Liverpool are qualifying for the Champions League.

That's progress.

Next season, kick on from there and remember, he's still only 24 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    I think that if we get champions league football there's a good chance that he'll stay. Otherwise, he's gone if Barcelona come in for him. It would be disappointing but it's clear that you're going to lose your best players when you aren't competing with the elite in the champions league.
    Not this coming window though. Barca don't have enough money to plug all their holes and still spend the 70+ mil that we will demand. Plus, he has said numerous times that he wanted to stay. I know most SA players wants to go to Barca / Madrid but I just don't see it this window since as mentioned, Barca most certainly don't have enough funds.

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good

HE would likely end up on the bench a best for Barca for some time since they have the most formidable front three. IMO Barca would be interested if he was three years younger then he would be so concerned about not getting a game very week.

Quote Originally Posted by geralion View Post
    HE would likely end up on the bench a best for Barca for some time since they have the most formidable front three. IMO Barca would be interested if he was three years younger then he would be so concerned about not getting a game very week.
    I think it is just as likely he'd impress everyone.

Barca to offer Rafinha and cash for Courtinho.

I think we mentioned it in another thread, but there are varying degrees of progress. As I pointed out then, he was just named the best Brazilian player in Europe. He beat out the likes of Neymar, Willian, Firmino, Silva, Marcelo, Costa, Miranda, Alves, the list goes on. That's an achievement, albeit a personal one but an achievement nonetheless. He's about to finish this campaign with more goals (12) and most assists (7) in his career. Plus, he can look to himself as one of the main reasons that Liverpool are qualifying for the Champions League.

That's progress.

Next season, kick on from there and remember, he's still only 24 years old.
    To me it doesn't feel like the Suarez situation whereby he was THAT good we were virtually powerless to do anything other than sell. I think PHIL can still improve a lot here before getting a move and being one of the leaders at Barcelona.

My friends supporting Barcelona all want him to join them, and that upsets me. So much for thinking they'd regard him as somehow beneath them.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    whatt the **** use is rafinha

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    whatt the **** use is rafinha
    He's a very good player. In isolation, I'd be happy for us to sign him, but not at the cost of losing Coutinho.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    He's a very good player. In isolation, I'd be happy for us to sign him, but not at the cost of losing Coutinho.
    phil has become integral to this team now so yes , what you said

phil has become integral to this team now so yes , what you said
    Don't want him sold and replaced anymore then?

Don't want him sold and replaced anymore then?
    never wanted him sold and replaced....

he s just now starting to fulfil his potential...

wouldnt mind his future replacemtn brought into the club this suimmer though cos if he keeps going at his current rate i think we ll struggle to hold onto him for too many more seasons
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 21-5-17 at 12:38.

never wanted him sold and replaced....

he s just now starting to fulfil his potential...
    Sure you didn't

He's always been a big player for us.

Sure you didn't

He's always been a big player for us.
    he s always been a good player

its just this season that he has been a worldie... not previous seasons like people have suggested

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    That's great news. Let Barcelona pay huge money for Courtinho whoever he plays for and we'll keep Coutinho.

Let's hope he's on his A-Game today!
    "Liverpool are Magic Everton are Tragic" Emlyn Hughes 1977

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Philippe Coutinho \(^-^)/