Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you see the world and what has happened or is happening? Part 2

1. #1 Default How do you see the world and what has happened or is happening? Part 2 
    Credit to dreams-come-true for the original thread.
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 13-10-16 at 16:01.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quite a fascinating time. Institutional legitimacy being questioned all over the place - police, banks, political parties, governments, etc. but the conservative forces of those institutions are pushing back.

I get a sense of nostalgia for other periods in history, but with so much of importance for the planet as a whole I don't think I'd want to live in any other time.

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by -MabelMeister- View Post
    Quite a fascinating time. Institutional legitimacy being questioned all over the place - police, banks, political parties, governments, etc. but the conservative forces of those institutions are pushing back.

I get a sense of nostalgia for other periods in history, but with so much of importance for the planet as a whole I don't think I'd want to live in any other time.
    This will prove to be a turning point in time for the planet ... Plutocracy and Oligarchy is in control and Democracy is being pushed back and will be destroyed ... our Freedoms are at stake. Divide and rule has been on the march since Thatcher.
    Last edited by dreams-come-true; 14-10-16 at 08:04.

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    This will prove to be a turning point in time for the planet ... Plutocracy and Oligarchy is in control and Democracy is being pushed back and will be destroyed ... our Freedoms are at stake. Divide and rule has been on the march since Thatcher.
    Maybe. However there could be twists and turns ahead we don't see. History has a way of blindsiding those with power and throwing up something unexpected.

From the previous thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    So given the way people on here hate old politics

Wonder how many with join Asgardia
    http://www.techtimes.com/articles/18...announced.htm?
    Dear [redacted]

We are delighted to have received your application to join Asgardia, the first ever nation in space!

The response to the invitation was overwhelming - the first 99999 applications were submitted in less than 2 days.

We will keep in touch with you regularly with our latest news, plans, and reporting on the progress and achievements of Asgardia.

In the meantime, we would like to assure you that we take the application process very seriously, and therefore we are asking everyone to click the link in this individually addressed email in order to verify that you are a real person who has filled in the application.

The passing of the Great Barrier Reef. A sad time. We will probably never see its like again. Not in our lives.

http://www.outsideonline.com/2112086...illion-bc-2016

The IMF Sounds An Alarm As Global Debt Hits A Record $152 Trillion Or 225% Of World GDP

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...-225-world-gdp

The IMF Sounds An Alarm As Global Debt Hits A Record $152 Trillion Or 225% Of World GDP

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...-225-world-gdp
    Bit late for Alarms - it is gonna take some monumental leadership to sort this out.... Nobody alive has the gonads or gumption to do it....

Bit late for Alarms - it is gonna take some monumental leadership to sort this out.... Nobody alive has the gonads or gumption to do it....
    A bunch of numbers. WRITE OFF!! Who the heck is owed to? Usual suspects who have more money and weath than they know what to do with.

A bunch of numbers. WRITE OFF!! Who the heck is owed to? Usual suspects who have more money and weath than they know what to do with.
    Its more than that mate

national income isn't enough to cover national spending.....So like the average joe credit card - there are interest fees to pay
    The population is aging - always has and always will, but back in the day when the model was thought out, the numbers were a mere fractions of todays numbers
    Because the population is aging - healthcare costs are increasing too

Debt interest is 30 billion a year for those interested
    the deficit between spending and income is 70billion - we are spending 70m more than we are generating
    And we have sold all our national industries - the only thing left to sell is the crown jewels and the NHS

Who we owe
    http://www.debtbombshell.com/bond-market.htm

Its more than that mate

national income isn't enough to cover national spending.....So like the average joe credit card - there are interest fees to pay
    The population is aging - always has and always will, but back in the day when the model was thought out, the numbers were a mere fractions of todays numbers
    Because the population is aging - healthcare costs are increasing too

Debt interest is 30 billion a year for those interested
    the deficit between spending and income is 70billion - we are spending 70m more than we are generating
    And we have sold all our national industries - the only thing left to sell is the crown jewels and the NHS
    As far as I know, they were only talking about the Debts which the Countries owe as National Debt. Not the consumer/private stuff. And even if they did include private debt, they could start by writing off the debts owed to the IMF/World Bank. It is in the case of National Debt really that easy. Especially for the very poor countries.

Is someone gonna come round and repossess the cliffs of Dover if we don't pay?

Quote Originally Posted by The Chop Buster View Post
    Is someone gonna come round and repossess the cliffs of Dover if we don't pay?
    They already own those.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken Loach: If you’re not angry about the world today, what kind of person are you?

http://www.prruk.org/ken-loach-if-yo...erson-are-you/

They already own those.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken Loach: If you’re not angry about the world today, what kind of person are you?

http://www.prruk.org/ken-loach-if-yo...erson-are-you/
    Ken Loach is right todays world is a craphole

Ken Loach is right todays world is a craphole
    Its the hemorrhoid on the ******* of the universe .

Dreams, i guess that debt to imf dont include national debts to other countries

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Its the hemorrhoid on the ******* of the universe .

Dreams, i guess that debt to imf dont include national debts to other countries
    No.

And we had Reagan/Bush.

I wasn't born till 91 but I pray for the Nixon years just to alleviate some of the suffering.

Really looking forward to this new documentary by Adam Curtis at 9pm tonight, premiering on iPlayer.

Tune in, people!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04b183c

Acclaimed filmmaker, Adam Curtis brings his new epic film, HyperNormalisation to BBC iPlayer this October. The film will premiere at 9pm on Sunday 16 October.
    HyperNormalisation tells the extraordinary story of how we got to this strange time of great uncertainty and confusion - where those who are supposed to be in power are paralysed - and have no idea what to do. And, where events keep happening that seem inexplicable and out of control - from Donald Trump to Brexit, the War in Syria, the endless migrant crisis, and random bomb attacks. It explains not only why these chaotic events are happening - but also why we, and our politicians, cannot understand them.

The film shows that what has happened is that all of us in the West - not just the politicians and the journalists and the experts, but we ourselves - have retreated into a simplified, and often completely fake version of the world. But because it is all around us, we accept it as normal.

HyperNormalisation has been made specifically for BBC iPlayer. It tells an epic narrative spanning 40 years, with an extraordinary cast of characters. They include the Assad dynasty, Donald Trump, Henry Kissinger, Patti Smith, the early performance artists in New York, President Putin, intelligent machines, Japanese gangsters, suicide bombers - and the extraordinary untold story of the rise, fall, rise again, and finally the assassination of Colonel Gaddafi.

All these stories are woven together to show how today’s fake and hollow world was created. Part of it was done by those in power - politicians, financiers and technological utopians. Rather than face up to the real complexities of the world, they retreated. And instead constructed a simpler version of the world in order to hang onto power.

But it wasn’t just those in power. The film shows how this strange world was built by all of us. We all went along with it because the simplicity was reassuring. And that included the left and the radicals who thought they were attacking the system. The film reveals how they too retreated into this make-believe world - which is why their opposition today has no effect, and nothing ever changes.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    Really looking forward to this new documentary by Adam Curtis at 9pm tonight, premiering on iPlayer.

Tune in, people!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04b183c
    Whilst it maybe interesting - I see no confusion - bad is triumphing over good - or the black shadows are outflanking the knights of mercy

Corrupt politicians guilty of Lust, Greed, Envy
    Gluttony - look at the obese - uneducated idiots that expect everything to be handed to them, as though they are entitled to it
    Sloth - the failure to do wants needs doing - whether thats the poor driving allowed on the streets - whether its the 1.6trillion national debt, with no nationalised industries and to allow anyone in without the forethought that they are gonna grow old too.....
    Terrorists don't need to be on the last mass as us to affect us with their dirty deeds, the march of technology has helped blur the lines
    Last edited by Mysteron; 16-10-16 at 17:56.

You do have to laugh at the debt.

To whooooooooom?

Good read and good journalism ... https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...P=share_btn_fb

Bertrand Russell Message to Future Generations ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihaB8AFOhZo

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    It doesn't surprise me at all. There are people who have grown up in a corporate environment and they are immune to reality. Corporations are like little communist organisations.

They set their own culture, their own agenda that only those at the top know and they feed propaganda down and front line have no contact with the real decision makers.

That's how the military is run, how politics is now run because that structure is the best to manipulate.

Is written in the Bible end of days, the Antichrist will rise and war and famine will happen,

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Is written in the Bible end of days, the Antichrist will rise and war and famine will happen,
    I don't get it, have you heard Boots are getting rid of the Meal Deal?!

I don't get it, have you heard Boots are getting rid of the Meal Deal?!
    I don't get it, why are you taking the **** out of his religious beliefs?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post
    I don't get it, why are you taking the **** out of his religious beliefs?
    I don't get it, how have you survived on this forum if that is your tolerance for offence?

Anyway, apologies if anyone has taken offence, it wasn't supposed to be targeted at religion at all. More a light hearted comment on what seemed to be a completely random and irrelevant post in the midst of a discussion about Boots.

I don't get it, how have you survived on this forum if that is your tolerance for offence?

Anyway, apologies if anyone has taken offence, it wasn't supposed to be targeted at religion at all. More a light hearted comment on what seemed to be a completely random and irrelevant post in the midst of a discussion about Boots.
    Na I wasn't offended and now I get the Boots joke. I didn't read the Boots stuff only the title of the thread and then what BeautifulHistory wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post
    Na I wasn't offended and now I get the Boots joke. I didn't read the Boots stuff only the title of the thread and then what BeautifulHistory wrote.
    Cool!