Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1184

Thread: How do you see the world and what has happened or is happening? Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Ah - the article said reduce pollution etc 'in beijing'. They propose moving a large portion of it to the new city! Sounding like a 'worker' town.
    Ah yea, i see now I am on my PC, still seems backwards though, instead of tackling the issues at the root, they just move them elsewhere, spread them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Scary stuff the plans in China - not paying any attention to their carbon footprint....
    1.4 billion population now could be 2.1 in 10 years
    yep its ridiculous mate, its all about the money, deals that can be done for the new city, typical.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

School absence fine - court case lost. I appreciate the arguments but am against state over-reach.

Shame about the ruling but can't stand that guy and pleased i won't see him on tv anymore!

School absence fine - court case lost. I appreciate the arguments but am against state over-reach.

Shame about the ruling but can't stand that guy and pleased i won't see him on tv anymore!
    Glad he lost as well - but it shows how failed the education system is that parents are willing to sacrifice the child's education

Glad he lost as well - but it shows how failed the education system is that parents are willing to sacrifice the child's education
    Or the cost of non-term time holidays

Or the cost of non-term time holidays
    Is that not materialistic bonding - just a chance to score points in the eyes of the family over the child's needs, if you want the best for them....
    Yes there is an argument of why holidays jump so much in cost, but it is separate to the child's education

Is that not materialistic bonding - just a chance to score points in the eyes of the family over the child's needs, if you want the best for them....
    Yes there is an argument of why holidays jump so much in cost, but it is separate to the child's education
    I think quality time and experiences like that are invaluable to creating rounded individuals and close families. Especially in these days of each person having a digital screen. In fact, I would say it adds more to their intelligence and knowledge rather than becoming educated clones. Businesses also keep saying that the applicants have no knowledge of basic life skills despite how educated they are.

We need better rounded and compassionate individuals not just educated - esp in these days when teachers are so restricted in how they can show affection for children.

I think quality time and experiences like that are invaluable to creating rounded individuals and close families. Especially in these days of each person having a digital screen. In fact, I would say it adds more to their intelligence and knowledge rather than becoming educated clones. Businesses also keep saying that the applicants have no knowledge of basic life skills despite how educated they are.

We need better rounded and compassionate individuals not just educated - esp in these days when teachers are so restricted in how they can show affection for children.
    Teachers are not teachers anymore, just glorified daycare assistants....
    People are scared of history, lately we have a rush on bodies trying to stamp out Hitler and Zion, as though they never happened.... Crazy world

smokintony is offline Boot Room insider
    Teachers are not teachers anymore, just glorified daycare assistants....
    People are scared of history, lately we have a rush on bodies trying to stamp out Hitler and Zion, as though they never happened.... Crazy world
    History has always been carefully taught in schools, a lot of British history is selectively told

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Last edited by dreams-come-true; 14-4-17 at 09:31.

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    History has always been carefully taught in schools, a lot of British history is selectively told
    Education is carefully taught in schools and very selectively. What children are taught is not education. It's conformity. Dress the same, be silent, learn through memory what we will tell and subconsciously submit to authority.

That's not education. We have the web. We have resources for children to explore any learning you could wish for. If you teach children the basics for language and mathematics and then the basics for humanity they will be fine.

Teach them about compassion, co-operation, love, problem solving, happiness, learning, team work, challenges or puzzles to work out they will develop into massively productive and happy people.

Unfortunately that isn't what corporations want. They want people to compete, forced to obey and conform to have the life sucked out of them so when they go into the work force they accept whatever conditions to corporations provide and so they never challenge the bad practices or immoral activities of the corporations.

The submission to authority is to create obedience to the state. History? Man if Ron thinks what is taught in schools about history is accurate he's too far gone. Let me assure people whatever you read about history is at best a guess, likely wrong and almost certainly a lie.

That's history.

French Elections

Getting interesting!

Its funny, I was lamenting that the anti establishment/change candidates just happened to be traditional 'right' and it would have been good to have had a lefty to also offer an option to the electorate - and why bernie should have been nominee rather than hilary.

Well Mélenchon s shooting up the polls in france - and i find myself eating my words. Not sure he will be better than le pen even ( and i thought anyone would be better than le pen)

Turkey has voted to provide Erdogan with more powers by 2.74%. However, his opposition seems to be contesting the result and argue unstamped ballot papers should not be counted unless thoroughly investigated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39617700

Yes it is true that he claims that he is realigning the Turkish constitution to an American or French system and proposed a maximum of two five-year terms. However, that may change and he insists on being called dear leader or becomes El Presidents for life.

I just hope another president isn't watching. Especially as another power will be to interfere in the judiciary - so a complete break from the last year. Along with academics and journalists.

Expect to see some flack for Pope Francis:

Comparing Europe migrant centres with 'concentration camps'

French Elections

Getting interesting!

Its funny, I was lamenting that the anti establishment/change candidates just happened to be traditional 'right' and it would have been good to have had a lefty to also offer an option to the electorate - and why bernie should have been nominee rather than hilary.

Well Mélenchon s shooting up the polls in france - and i find myself eating my words. Not sure he will be better than le pen even ( and i thought anyone would be better than le pen)
    Projections are suggesting that Emmanuel Macron (centralist) and Marine Me Pen (Front Nationale) are to contest the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    Projections are suggesting that Emmanuel Macron (centralist) and Marine Me Pen (Front Nationale) are to contest the second round.
    Le Pen not winning is good for us all (bar brexit). I do wonder about the Macron chap - something disturbs me about him (not as much as Le Pen mind)

Le Pen not winning is good for us all (bar brexit). I do wonder about the Macron chap - something disturbs me about him (not as much as Le Pen mind)
    No so? Surly if France pulls out of the EU casing it to collapse, it would enable us to have more flexibility in dealing with other European countries

No so? Surly if France pulls out of the EU casing it to collapse, it would enable us to have more flexibility in dealing with other European countries
    no chance of France pulling out of the EU, even in the extremely unlikely case of LePen winning the presidential elections she wouldn't have any power to call a referendum because she just doesn't have the numbers and is impossible she will have them in June either, le front nationals has currently 2 MP's in the assembly. Anyway, Macron will probably win by more than 20% in the second round, she doesn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    no chance of France pulling out of the EU, even in the extremely unlikely case of LePen winning the presidential elections she wouldn't have any power to call a referendum because she just doesn't have the numbers and is impossible she will have them in June either, le front nationals has currently 2 MP's in the assembly. Anyway, Macron will probably win by more than 20% in the second round, she doesn't stand a chance.
    It's probably unlikely she will win, but the big IF she wins and enforces her anti EU and globalisation policy imho it could only benifit us in the post brexit days to follow, i don't particularly like her or her policies by the way, it's not the way in would want this country to go,even if she appears to be not as far right as her father or what the national front represented in this country

It's probably unlikely she will win, but the big IF she wins and enforces her anti EU and globalisation policy imho it could only benifit us in the post brexit days to follow, i don't particularly like her or her policies by the way, it's not the way in would want this country to go,even if she appears to be not as far right as her father or what the national front represented in this country
    What you are saying is if she wins (the chances are minimal as her results in the first round were worse than she expected and she is unlikely to get any other votes in the second round, while Macron will), if she manages to celebrate a referendum (even more unlikely considering the minimal representation of the FN in the assembly) and even then the French would need to vote to get out of the EU. In other words the chances of that happening are about 0.0001%, and in any case that would be in years from now, so the Brexit negotiations would never been impacted by this.

I don't understand why do you think her antiglobalistation policy would be good for the UK anyway, are you suggesting that for the UK it would be better not to sign any trade deal?

Marine Le Pen has decided to resign her position as the leader of FN and compete as as an independent candidate.

Whilst it may be her only play it is a smart move. As she has tried to decontaminate the fn image to little success. So stepping away from the party may enable her to seem more mainstream to some voters. She is retaining the same policies and nothing may stop her rejoining FN.

However she must be conscious of the Chirac win where her father barely changed the percentage who voted for him with the rest of the population uniting behind Chirac.

US Has Killed More Than 20 Million People in 37 “Victim Nations” Since World War II

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has-...war-ii/5492051

Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    US Has Killed More Than 20 Million People in 37 “Victim Nations” Since World War II

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has-...war-ii/5492051
    Reading that made me feel ill d-c-t.

As a teacher of History, a percentage of that content was known to me but geez, plenty wasn't. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    Reading that made me feel ill d-c-t.

As a teacher of History, a percentage of that content was known to me but geez, plenty wasn't. Thanks for the link.
    I enjoyed history though looking back now it was the education system telling me a series of events and I should learn and repeat. I wish there was the approach where we were asked to figure out why events could have happened rather than just be told.

I'm absolutely dubious we have full historical accuracy and yet we're taught it factually. We don't fully trust events we're told today let alone history.

That many deaths at US hands is filtered through to us and the U.S population and they believe they're doing good. If that can be done in our time what can history be filtered through over 1000's of years.

So yesterday was an anniversary for some - those that think standards are slipping

Back in 1964 - Mary Whitehouse the activist, started her campaigns against allsorts

Meanwhile

Tomorrow in France 20% of the country are still undecided on Macron or Le Pen

Macron has won the French Presidential Election. He achieved roughly 65.5% of the votes cast between. However, 33% of French voters abstained or voted blank. (Figures are projected - however, Le Pen has conceded)

Macron has won the French Presidential Election. He achieved roughly 65.5% of the votes cast between. However, 33% of French voters abstained or voted blank. (Figures are projected - however, Le Pen has conceded)
    Excellent news. The bad news is the fascists still got 33% of the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Excellent news. The bad news is the fascists still got 33% of the votes.
    I'm not sure Macron winning the election is excellent news. Like Trump and Clinton the marginally better of two candidates is not a reason for celebration.

Good news. The EU is quite nauseous about it though - assuming it's a victory for the EU - when really it was a rejection of Le Pen more that the rejection of the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I'm not sure Macron winning the election is excellent news. Like Trump and Clinton the marginally better of two candidates is not a reason for celebration.
    The rejection of a fascist is and has always been excellent news.