Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1227

Thread: How do you see the world and what has happened or is happening? Part 2

Coach791 is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKOP View Post
    ....symbols have been around for centuries...some more prevalent than others.

We humans tend to look for every reason to not take responsibility for our actions or lack thereof and finding "things" to blame for our lot is so last century...yaaaawwwnnn

Have you heard they found another skeleton in South Africa that is supposed to show that humans (us as we are now more or less) lived alongside the ape like ancestors.... goes to show that even science is disproving itself... humans did not evolve from other beings...we were always here...we probably killed the others off as we were more intelligent or were we?

I did not come from any ape like creature...I'm too good looking for that even over a hundred million years...
    Is that true or is the modern world constructed to minimise action and dilute it when it occurs? I don't prescribe to humans are lazy theory it is plain stupidity everything mankind has achieved has been at the work of hands so far.

I do agree that science is far too limited in its scope. They often attack anything outside of accepted paradigms. The truth about anything in life is when we explore we generally find out we are wrong
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I think that symbols and their popping up in places of power or with so called powerful people is what keeps the myths going. The only reason I see them popping up among the powerful so often is that they are old and are worth something and form part of man kinds history nothing more.

Most symbols have been carried and traded across continents and were adapted or adopted into their new cultures and that is all there is to it. Some people speak of the swastika and it too has been used by many nations. Even the cross/crucifix has different meanings to different people.

So has the pyramid been a symbol for kings and power for centuries that is why so many nations built pyramids. Look at pyramid schemes-based on the same power strategy that one will lead the masses and in reverse the masses will bow to one.

Symbols are only as powerful as we make them to be...without human insecurities and reliance on supernatural beings and things for their existence symbols would be nothing more that shapes.

Some say we are the only intelligent beings, (debatable yes ), others say we are not alone....I'm with the whole alternate galaxy thing as that is just so much of a nicer future to come back to or go to than ashes to ashes dust to dust and when the universe ends some day you will rise up...also the whole thing of just vanishing and never coming back.....there is so much I want to still do....really...I can't come back...never ever....that sucks.

This whole symbol thing is making me crave for a soft serve ice cream....also a pyramid shaped...guess I've got the power..

I think that symbols and their popping up in places of power or with so called powerful people is what keeps the myths going. The only reason I see them popping up among the powerful so often is that they are old and are worth something and form part of man kinds history nothing more.

Most symbols have been carried and traded across continents and were adapted or adopted into their new cultures and that is all there is to it. Some people speak of the swastika and it too has been used by many nations. Even the cross/crucifix has different meanings to different people.

So has the pyramid been a symbol for kings and power for centuries that is why so many nations built pyramids. Look at pyramid schemes-based on the same power strategy that one will lead the masses and in reverse the masses will bow to one.

Symbols are only as powerful as we make them to be...without human insecurities and reliance on supernatural beings and things for their existence symbols would be nothing more that shapes.

Some say we are the only intelligent beings, (debatable yes ), others say we are not alone....I'm with the whole alternate galaxy thing as that is just so much of a nicer future to come back to or go to than ashes to ashes dust to dust and when the universe ends some day you will rise up...also the whole thing of just vanishing and never coming back.....there is so much I want to still do....really...I can't come back...never ever....that sucks.

This whole symbol thing is making me crave for a soft serve ice cream....also a pyramid shaped...guess I've got the power..
    I guess not The ice cream has. It made you want it just by talking about shapes

Some would say that our mind functions on the subcouncious level through symbols.
    Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    Is that true or is the modern world constructed to minimise action and dilute it when it occurs? I don't prescribe to humans are lazy theory it is plain stupidity everything mankind has achieved has been at the work of hands so far.

I do agree that science is far too limited in its scope. They often attack anything outside of accepted paradigms. The truth about anything in life is when we explore we generally find out we are wrong
    Its not about lazyness, its maybe about fear of failling if acting, and therefore seek/hope action from an outside source

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-u...5-great-whites

Forget politics - this is the world - what a great clip! Imagine happily swimming when a loudspeaker comes on and says... "exit the water in a calm manner....!"

My favourite is the "thank you for your cooperation!" Good example of someone doing their job without thinking - hilarious. For the paddle boards a real "oh **** moment"

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Worth the 15 minutes of your life. May not give you much in terms of anything ... I liked it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4YYEObxhAE

RIP - John Noakes

The action man of Blue Peter passed away aged 83....

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Richard Wolff talks about Capitalism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tfCLUlFb4Q

Interesting developments in the mid-east:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40155829

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Interesting developments in the mid-east:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40155829
    About time they started policing their own
    They blame the west for all their troubles - but don't sort their own policies and prejudices out....

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    They blame the west for all their troubles - but don't sort their own policies and prejudices out....
    'They' are the Western Allies...

I wouldn't read too much into that. When Saudi Arabia say Qatar (a nation of 90% immigrant workers) are finding terrorism it feels a bit ironic. The largest contributor to terrorism is by far Saudi Arabia and the West.

Given the U.S controls 100% of Egyptian military funding, sells 100's of millions in arms to Saudi Arabia and they have been joined by UAE, Libya and Bahrain it is like a who's who of either US allies or governments recently overthrown by the US and the action taken is for support of Iranian terrorism.

The headline statements are about IS and Al Qaeda but the Saudi statement says Qatar have been helping "Iranian-backed terrorist groups" which just sounds like another step forward towards US attacks on Iran that will no doubt come.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post
    'They' are the Western Allies...
    In todays world - everybody is an allies to your face

Sure, I know what you mean but some of them are just blatant friends of each other

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post
    Sure, I know what you mean but some of them are just blatant friends of each other
    You're both right but that's what makes it so confusing. It's fairly obvious the West are having a war on Middle East with overtones that it is really about Islamic extremism. The State of Israel and the Republican Christian ideology shouldn't be unified but opposed however they are unified.

Then you have extremist Islamic nations like Saudi Arabia allied with US and Israel who should be their natural enemies ideologically. There exists this strange relationship that the US and Israel know they need Saudi Arabia for oil and to spread terrorism which they can use for foreign policy but they also know the more funds they give to Saudi Arabia for oil (and other Middle eastern nations) and the more arms the more difficult terrorism will be to control and the financial cost of retaliation to terrorism even in a military sense is huge.

Friends who are actually enemies appears to be the union of these nations.

Hat off to Roy the Millwall fan who stood his ground in a London pub and faced the Islamic terrorist scum with his bare fists and helped saved lives.. true hero

The control that allows ISRAEL:to monopolise the discussion on palestine is too much,just imagine the hitler supporting DAILY MAIL,is now the zionist best friend.what does it say about british politics.

You're both right but that's what makes it so confusing. It's fairly obvious the West are having a war on Middle East with overtones that it is really about Islamic extremism. The State of Israel and the Republican Christian ideology shouldn't be unified but opposed however they are unified.

Then you have extremist Islamic nations like Saudi Arabia allied with US and Israel who should be their natural enemies ideologically. There exists this strange relationship that the US and Israel know they need Saudi Arabia for oil and to spread terrorism which they can use for foreign policy but they also know the more funds they give to Saudi Arabia for oil (and other Middle eastern nations) and the more arms the more difficult terrorism will be to control and the financial cost of retaliation to terrorism even in a military sense is huge.

Friends who are actually enemies appears to be the union of these nations.
    Its not confusing - everyone goes weak-kneed to compliments - look at Japan and Pearl Harbour
    Unions and Management use the ploy as well - talks on one hand, industrial actions or a new program of actions on the other............
    The IRA and the British Government had a long history of talks and dealings....

Only the naive are confused

Quote Originally Posted by REDKNIGHT1892 View Post
    Hat off to Roy the Millwall fan who stood his ground in a London pub and faced the Islamic terrorist scum with his bare fists and helped saved lives.. true hero
    Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Do you have a link?
    Topper put one in the Random Thought thread.

Its not confusing - everyone goes weak-kneed to compliments - look at Japan and Pearl Harbour
    Unions and Management use the ploy as well - talks on one hand, industrial actions or a new program of actions on the other............
    The IRA and the British Government had a long history of talks and dealings....

Only the naive are confused
    Not sure I get the Pearl Harbour reference. The United States did everything it could to provoke Japan but cutting off supplies, freezing assets, a raft of sanctions that were deeply hurting Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Do you have a link?
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...l-how-10568626

Not sure I get the Pearl Harbour reference. The United States did everything it could to provoke Japan but cutting off supplies, freezing assets, a raft of sanctions that were deeply hurting Japan.
    That chip on your shoulder over western ideals and the western military knows no bounds

A seller has the right of refusal.................
    trade negotiations also carry a badge of ethics, values and principles, if someone is doing something you don't like..... you ain't gonna help them.....

Japan had clear intentions - 8 years earlier it walked out of the League of Nations - 4 years earlier Japan invaded China...........

That chip on your shoulder over western ideals and the western military knows no bounds

A seller has the right of refusal.................
    trade negotiations also carry a badge of ethics, values and principles, if someone is doing something you don't like..... you ain't gonna help them.....

Japan had clear intentions - 8 years earlier it walked out of the League of Nations - 4 years earlier Japan invaded China...........
    What are you talking about Western ideals. The US have openly admitted the imposed sanctions on Japan. It froze money, assets, cut of fuel and imports and I don't really care what the reasons were for it all I know is the uS wanted a reason to go into war and they provoked Japan into providing it.

They did the same in Vietnam making up attacks, they create false flag events to give an excuse for war. We have also seen false claims Gaddafi killed 7,000 of his own men. False flag. False reports of WMD's.

Now is this me being against Western values? No, it is me being against creating events to use as an excuse for war.

Japanese troops set off a small explosion on a train track in 1931, and falsely blamed it on China in order to justify an invasion of Manchuria

The Nazi's faked attacks from Polish soldiers in order to invade Poland. You see the horrible German population didn't actually want war they had to be scared into war. Sound familiar?

Soviet leader Joseph Stalin ordered his secret police to execute 22,000 Polish army officers and civilians in 1940, and then falsely blamed it on the Nazis.

The British government admitted between 1946 and 1948 it bombed 5 ships carrying Jews attempting to flee the Holocaust to seek safety in Palestine then set up a fake group called "Defenders of Arab Palestine" and blamed it on the terrorists.

Israeli terrorist cell operating in Egypt planted bombs in several buildings, including U.S. diplomatic facilities, then left behind "evidence" implicating the Arabs as the culprits

The CIA admits that it hired Iranians in the 1950's to pose as Communists and stage bombings in Iran in order to turn the country against its democratically-elected prime minister.

There are no Western values.

What are you talking about Western ideals. The US have openly admitted the imposed sanctions on Japan. It froze money, assets, cut of fuel and imports and I don't really care what the reasons were for it all I know is the uS wanted a reason to go into war and they provoked Japan into providing it.

They did the same in Vietnam making up attacks, they create false flag events to give an excuse for war. We have also seen false claims Gaddafi killed 7,000 of his own men. False flag. False reports of WMD's.

Now is this me being against Western values? No, it is me being against creating events to use as an excuse for war.

Japanese troops set off a small explosion on a train track in 1931, and falsely blamed it on China in order to justify an invasion of Manchuria

The Nazi's faked attacks from Polish soldiers in order to invade Poland. You see the horrible German population didn't actually want war they had to be scared into war. Sound familiar?

Soviet leader Joseph Stalin ordered his secret police to execute 22,000 Polish army officers and civilians in 1940, and then falsely blamed it on the Nazis.

The British government admitted between 1946 and 1948 it bombed 5 ships carrying Jews attempting to flee the Holocaust to seek safety in Palestine then set up a fake group called "Defenders of Arab Palestine" and blamed it on the terrorists.

Israeli terrorist cell operating in Egypt planted bombs in several buildings, including U.S. diplomatic facilities, then left behind "evidence" implicating the Arabs as the culprits

The CIA admits that it hired Iranians in the 1950's to pose as Communists and stage bombings in Iran in order to turn the country against its democratically-elected prime minister.

Don't forget the Israeli's attacking the USS Liberty and tried to sink her. They were then hoping to blame Egypt for it

Everyday occurrences - of claim and counterclaim
    Just like a football transfer

You think its personal - when its just reality
    Humans are feudal - its in their nature

There have been at least 53 false flag incidents for political gain

Everyday occurrences - of claim and counterclaim
    Just like a football transfer

You think its personal - when its just reality
    Humans are feudal - its in their nature

There have been at least 53 false flag incidents for political gain
    No football transfers are not war. Also football clubs don't murder opposition players to start a match.

No football transfers are not war. Also football clubs don't murder opposition players to start a match.
    The point is - it happens in all walks of life - including on here

The point is - it happens in all walks of life - including on here
    No it doesn't. Nobody gets murdered here to start a debate.

The problem is hierarchy. That's the common problem. 98% of the population will not murder without hierarchy, fear or orders from above. The populations don't want wars. They have to create these events to cause war.

We would all happily debate or have a have a kickabout playing football without the need for murder and falsely blaming somebody else.