Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 1,111 to 1,117 of 1117

Thread: How do you see the world and what has happened or is happening? Part 2

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKOP View Post
    ....symbols have been around for centuries...some more prevalent than others.

We humans tend to look for every reason to not take responsibility for our actions or lack thereof and finding "things" to blame for our lot is so last century...yaaaawwwnnn

Have you heard they found another skeleton in South Africa that is supposed to show that humans (us as we are now more or less) lived alongside the ape like ancestors.... goes to show that even science is disproving itself... humans did not evolve from other beings...we were always here...we probably killed the others off as we were more intelligent or were we?

I did not come from any ape like creature...I'm too good looking for that even over a hundred million years...
    Is that true or is the modern world constructed to minimise action and dilute it when it occurs? I don't prescribe to humans are lazy theory it is plain stupidity everything mankind has achieved has been at the work of hands so far.

I do agree that science is far too limited in its scope. They often attack anything outside of accepted paradigms. The truth about anything in life is when we explore we generally find out we are wrong
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I think that symbols and their popping up in places of power or with so called powerful people is what keeps the myths going. The only reason I see them popping up among the powerful so often is that they are old and are worth something and form part of man kinds history nothing more.

Most symbols have been carried and traded across continents and were adapted or adopted into their new cultures and that is all there is to it. Some people speak of the swastika and it too has been used by many nations. Even the cross/crucifix has different meanings to different people.

So has the pyramid been a symbol for kings and power for centuries that is why so many nations built pyramids. Look at pyramid schemes-based on the same power strategy that one will lead the masses and in reverse the masses will bow to one.

Symbols are only as powerful as we make them to be...without human insecurities and reliance on supernatural beings and things for their existence symbols would be nothing more that shapes.

Some say we are the only intelligent beings, (debatable yes ), others say we are not alone....I'm with the whole alternate galaxy thing as that is just so much of a nicer future to come back to or go to than ashes to ashes dust to dust and when the universe ends some day you will rise up...also the whole thing of just vanishing and never coming back.....there is so much I want to still do....really...I can't come back...never ever....that sucks.

This whole symbol thing is making me crave for a soft serve ice cream....also a pyramid shaped...guess I've got the power..

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    I think that symbols and their popping up in places of power or with so called powerful people is what keeps the myths going. The only reason I see them popping up among the powerful so often is that they are old and are worth something and form part of man kinds history nothing more.

Most symbols have been carried and traded across continents and were adapted or adopted into their new cultures and that is all there is to it. Some people speak of the swastika and it too has been used by many nations. Even the cross/crucifix has different meanings to different people.

So has the pyramid been a symbol for kings and power for centuries that is why so many nations built pyramids. Look at pyramid schemes-based on the same power strategy that one will lead the masses and in reverse the masses will bow to one.

Symbols are only as powerful as we make them to be...without human insecurities and reliance on supernatural beings and things for their existence symbols would be nothing more that shapes.

Some say we are the only intelligent beings, (debatable yes ), others say we are not alone....I'm with the whole alternate galaxy thing as that is just so much of a nicer future to come back to or go to than ashes to ashes dust to dust and when the universe ends some day you will rise up...also the whole thing of just vanishing and never coming back.....there is so much I want to still do....really...I can't come back...never ever....that sucks.

This whole symbol thing is making me crave for a soft serve ice cream....also a pyramid shaped...guess I've got the power..
    I guess not The ice cream has. It made you want it just by talking about shapes

Some would say that our mind functions on the subcouncious level through symbols.
    Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    Is that true or is the modern world constructed to minimise action and dilute it when it occurs? I don't prescribe to humans are lazy theory it is plain stupidity everything mankind has achieved has been at the work of hands so far.

I do agree that science is far too limited in its scope. They often attack anything outside of accepted paradigms. The truth about anything in life is when we explore we generally find out we are wrong
    Its not about lazyness, its maybe about fear of failling if acting, and therefore seek/hope action from an outside source

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-u...5-great-whites

Forget politics - this is the world - what a great clip! Imagine happily swimming when a loudspeaker comes on and says... "exit the water in a calm manner....!"

My favourite is the "thank you for your cooperation!" Good example of someone doing their job without thinking - hilarious. For the paddle boards a real "oh **** moment"

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Worth the 15 minutes of your life. May not give you much in terms of anything ... I liked it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4YYEObxhAE