Notices
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Our manager, Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp

Transition season: two finals

First full season: so far quarter-finals league cup, looking good to finish in top four so far

That's on par with Houllier and Benítez level what we've had the last 25 years or so, which is a great sign hopefully he can go on to achieve great things here
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Klopp

Transition season: two finals

First full season: so far quarter-finals league cup, looking good to finish in top four so far

That's on par with Houllier and Benítez level what we've had the last 25 years or so, which is a great sign hopefully he can go on to achieve great things here
    For interest, after 65 games :

Benitez : P65 W34 D12 L19 F96 A58 (Won 52.31%, GPGF 1.48, Clean Sheets 21)
    Klopp : P65 W33 D18 L14 F121 A72 (Won 50.77%, GPGF 1.86, Clean Sheets 21)
    Rodgers : P65 W32 D17 L16 F119 A75 (Won 49.23%, GPGF 1.83, Clean Sheets 24)
    Evans : P65 W32 D16 L17 F92 A61 (Won 49.23%, GPGF 1.42, Clean Sheets 22)
    Dalglish* : P65 W31 D16 L18 F101 A63 (Won 47.69%, GPGF 1.55, Clean Sheets 24)
    Houllier : P65 W26 D14 L23 F115 A78 (Won 43.08%, GPGF 1.77, Clean Sheets 17)

Could include Hodgson's record but it didn't last 65, but fwiw his win percentage was 41.94%, GPGF 1.32 and Clean Sheets 12 so would have needed an upward turn had he stayed beyond his 31 games to not be bottom. Not a lot in it in terms of clean sheets most of the time, and to be honest most of the win percentages are there or thereabouts, anything within 2-3 percent of 50% is pretty good.

Both Rafa and Jurgen reached a domestic and European cup final in their first season, none of this "first full" season blah blah blah stuff, but Rafa landed the big one on penalties and Jurgen lost the lesser one on penalties. Kenny also managed two cup finals with the League Cup triumph being in the first 65 games, the FA Cup defeat being not far outside (his 68th game)

Roy (Evans) won his League Cup in his 63rd game in charge, Istanbul was Rafa's 60th game in charge, best Rodgers could manage was two semis and of course Runners-Up which a good season under Jurgen could see us emulate or best.
    People will believe what they want to believe

I wonder what you think.

Is the current side better than the 13/14 side? Okay there isn't enough evidence overall, but on the season so far stats, I say yes. 10 wins in the first 13 games in all competitions and scoring 34 goals and conceding 14.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post

Could include Hodgson's record but it didn't last 65, but fwiw his win percentage was 41.94%, GPGF 1.32 and Clean Sheets 12 so would have needed an upward turn had he stayed beyond his 31 games to not be bottom. Not a lot in it in terms of clean sheets most of the time, and to be honest most of the win percentages are there or thereabouts, anything within 2-3 percent of 50% is pretty good.

Both Rafa and Jurgen reached a domestic and European cup final in their first season, none of this "first full" season blah blah blah stuff, but Rafa landed the big one on penalties and Jurgen lost the lesser one on penalties. Kenny also managed two cup finals with the League Cup triumph being in the first 65 games, the FA Cup defeat being not far outside (his 68th game)

Roy (Evans) won his League Cup in his 63rd game in charge, Istanbul was Rafa's 60th game in charge, best Rodgers could manage was two semis and of course Runners-Up which a good season under Jurgen could see us emulate or best.
    Glad to see Klopp has finally overtaken rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post

Makes you wonder a little about why win % is the favoured metric - if you take the standard 3 for a win 1 for a draw across all games then the table looks a bit different:
    Jurgen - 117 points
    Rafa - 114
    Brendan - 113
    Roy - 112
    Kenny - 109
    Ged - 92

I'd suggest that's probably a fairer representation, especially in regard to how much poorer Ged's record was. By including draws you also represent losses.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Mr Klopp has given us back our faith he can turn our dreams into reality

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Mr Klopp has given us back our faith he can turn our dreams into reality
    What he's done is given us back our belief. It must be fun to play in that side, training must be even more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Makes you wonder a little about why win % is the favoured metric - if you take the standard 3 for a win 1 for a draw across all games then the table looks a bit different:
    Jurgen - 117 points
    Rafa - 114
    Brendan - 113
    Roy - 112
    Kenny - 109
    Ged - 92

I'd suggest that's probably a fairer representation, especially in regard to how much poorer Ged's record was. By including draws you also represent losses.
    I could have done the points approach, but in cups it is about getting through and other factors why I might lean away from that.

It wasn't meant to be a JK > RB > BR > RE > KD > GH exercise, just a look at roughly whether Klopp is there or thereabouts, way off one way or another, and as I said in my post, for interest

Besides which wins are where the prizes lie, draws generally only sit well with wins in 2 legged cup ties.

I love the mantra that Klopp keeps repeating in pressers- we need to stay hungry and angry if we want consistent success, and not just be a flash in the pan - brilliant stuff.

His pressers are gold tbh, yesterday's in particular. I almost still can't believe he's our manager.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I love the mantra that Klopp keeps repeating in pressers- we need to stay hungry and angry if we want consistent success, and not just be a flash in the pan - brilliant stuff.

His pressers are gold tbh, yesterday's in particular. I almost still can't believe he's our manager.
    It sounds like Jurgen Klopp is following the Bob Paisley mantra that he detests the "C word "....Complacency. Bob Paisley hated it. That's why he broke his teams up on occasions when he suspected complacency set in.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFirmino View Post
    It sounds like Jurgen Klopp is following the Bob Paisley mantra that he detests the "C word "....Complacency. Bob Paisley hated it. That's why he broke his teams up on occasions when he suspected complacency set in.
    Spot on.

Selling Keegan and bringing in Kenny, being the obvious example.

Spot on.

Selling Keegan and bringing in Kenny, being the obvious example.
    Keegan wanted to test himself abroad. Bob Paisley did say he wanted Kenny regardless of whether Keegan went or not. One of the best examples is Larry Lloyd. He was a fine centre half and dominant for Forest in their European Cup wins. However Bob Paisley thought Phil Thompson was too good to be held back, because he was a better player.

Keegan wanted to test himself abroad. Bob Paisley did say he wanted Kenny regardless of whether Keegan went or not. One of the best examples is Larry Lloyd. He was a fine centre half and dominant for Forest in their European Cup wins. However Bob Paisley thought Phil Thompson was too good to be held back, because he was a better player.
    Good stuff, I knew Keegan instigated his move for the most part, but I didn't know any if the rest. Cheers...

Good stuff, I knew Keegan instigated his move for the most part, but I didn't know any if the rest. Cheers...
    Keegan instigated his move in the summer of 1976, the £500,000 fee with Hamburg was agreed a year before he departed. He made an agreement with Liverpool that if they won the European Cup he could leave.

KLOPP is much more loved in germany than the national team manager.

Quote Originally Posted by trinired View Post
    Think this the first time ever that we've a manager that even rival fans love. I know plenty of Man United fans that wish he was their manager.

That´s right, Löw is respected, but Klopp is more popular, even by the rival fans, because of the emotions he shows during the matches and his casual interviews/press conferences.

I'd think he's probably much more loved in England than the national team manager here too.

Klopp is the most loved man in Germany.

Post-match Interviewer: You're top of the premier league, which is, there's worse positions to be in.

Jurgen Klopp: Absolute better than any other position.

Boom!
    Muhammad Ali - "I’m No 1. After me, it don’t matter."

Other teams take note. We are on a mission. We will outscore you. We fear nobody.

There's no other manager in the world I'd want instead. Can't really say any more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    There's no other manager in the world I'd want instead. Can't really say any more than that.
    100%

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KLOPPTIMISTIC View Post
    Other teams take note. We are on a mission. We will outscore you. We fear nobody.
    I think other teams are taking notes. Need to stop Coutinho is the first scrawling. Stop Firmino the next. Oh God we have to stop Mane as well. Don't forget to stop Lallana as well. Henderson is in a great form scoring and setting up chances somebody needs to sit on him. Are they going to play with Can or Wijnaldum? We'll definitely have to keep on eye on them.

Clyne is having his best form he's causing problems we'll need to track him back. Milner is scoring & creating goals as well we can't let him run riot down the left. Right that's all their threats taken of now for them to worry about us.

Final note. How to make an effective attack with just 2 players followed by a question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I think other teams are taking notes. Need to stop Coutinho is the first scrawling. Stop Firmino the next. Oh God we have to stop Mane as well. Don't forget to stop Lallana as well. Henderson is in a great form scoring and setting up chances somebody needs to sit on him. Are they going to play with Can or Wijnaldum? We'll definitely have to keep on eye on them.

Clyne is having his best form he's causing problems we'll need to track him back. Milner is scoring & creating goals as well we can't let him run riot down the left. Right that's all their threats taken of now for them to worry about us.

Final note. How to make an effective attack with just 2 players followed by a question mark.
    If neither of the above work, we've got Danny and Divock as back-up. Neither of which you would call rubbish. Now that is scarey.

Top of the league and a few comparison stats with past Premier League seasons for us :

Most points after 11 games

1. 27 in 2002/03
    =2. 26 in 2008/09
    =2. 26 in 2016/17

Most goals after 11 games

1. 30 in 2016/17
    2. 27 in 1994/95
    3. 25 in 2009/10

Best GD after 11 games

=1. 16 in 1994/95 (F27 A11)
    =1. 16 in 2016/17 (F30 A14)
    3. 13 in 2002/03 (F22 A9)

Most wins after 11 games

=1. 8 in 2002/03 (W8 D3 L0)
    =1. 8 in 2008/09 (W8 D2 L1)
    =1. 8 in 2016/17 (W8 D2 L1)

Where records are equal, ordered by earlier season. Only behind on the best in all categories listed for points and that can still be toppled before too many more games. Points and GD, then goals scored, decide titles so I could show our less impressive defensive stats but where would be the point other than to fuel arguments over defenders and GKs, like they need any fuelling.

Oh and the previous best finishes of runners-up in the Premier League were managed in later than their second season bar Rodders so Klopp, should he equal or better that, will have taken 8 games less than Rodders. No Suarez leading the line this season, doing plenty well enough so far with Coutinho, Mane and Firmino.....

The prophecy is coming true.

Neo is breaking the matrix.

Good stuff there, Darkness, interesting reading...

TheSoundLady is offline Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    The prophecy is coming true.

Neo is breaking the matrix.
    Yep. Long may it continue. This manager can bend spoons. He could crash the whole system. He's not only unplugged us from the Matrix, he's given us energizer-bunny battery life.

What he's done is given us back our belief. It must be fun to play in that side, training must be even more enjoyable.
    Heard that line before, Evans, Houllier , Benítez , Dalglish