Notices
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Our manager, Jurgen Klopp.

1. #1 Default Our manager, Jurgen Klopp. 
    I keep looking for a thread about him that isn't that one with the 'love him or hate him' nonsense in the title... Please merge if you find one, Mods... Or maybe just change the title of the one mentioned? Btw, the 'search' function?

I was looking for somewhere in FD to post this..

What a guy!

Upon receiving the award, the boss said: I went into the office of my coaches and said we are Manager of the Month!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/firs...r-of-the-month
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Mr Klopp has brought the smiles back to Anfield he's given us back the belief

TheSoundLady is offline Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Good idea. If Klopp wins on Monday then people will really start talking about titles around here and who can blame them.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    For me, he's the best thing to have happened to this club in a long time, and that includes any players we've brought in. He was a major coup as I firmly believe most clubs in world football would have taken a punt on him if the timing had been different. He seems loyal, and totally dedicated to his rebuilding job here, and I honestly have no worries he'll leave for the likes of Bayern any time soon. Klopp was the perfect fit, he doesn't seem too bothered about getting in the big name, big money signings, and that is exactly what we need seeing as we're unlikely to be able to attract them right now.

To think people on here were talking about him getting the sack already last season is ridiculous, but then we know who those people are

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    For me, he's the best thing to have happened to this club in a long time, and that includes any players we've brought in. He was a major coup as I firmly believe most clubs in world football would have taken a punt on him if the timing had been different. He seems loyal, and totally dedicated to his rebuilding job here, and I honestly have no worries he'll leave for the likes of Bayern any time soon. Klopp was the perfect fit, he doesn't seem too bothered about getting in the big name, big money signings, and that is exactly what we need seeing as we're unlikely to be able to attract them right now.

To think people on here were talking about him getting the sack already last season is ridiculous, but then we know who those people are
    There will always be armchair sofa managers who think they can do better than Klopp, according to them. Even those that come out with phrases like 360 striker and then claim Klopp will get that tag from them. Oh my!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    There will always be armchair sofa managers who think they can do better than Klopp, according to them. Even those that come out with phrases like 360 striker and then claim Klopp will get that tag from them. Oh my!

Next time we lose a couple of games, they will be back. If we ever lose 3 or 4 games in a row, they'll be worse than ever. If we ever fail to win 6 or 7 games in a row, watch how many people start saying he's not the man for us and calling for his head.

Many people are foolish and short-sighted and can turn on the best thing to happen to them in an instant, and effectively shoot themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    Next time we lose a couple of games, they will be back. If we ever lose 3 or 4 games in a row, they'll be worse than ever. If we ever fail to win 6 or 7 games in a row, watch how many people start saying he's not the man for us and calling for his head.

Many people are foolish and short-sighted and can turn on the best thing to happen to them in an instant, and effectively shoot themselves in the foot.
    Many supporters/pundits are fickle... look at the Conte situation... seven games in, and already there's talk...

liverpool19734 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Many supporters/pundits are fickle... look at the Conte situation... seven games in, and already there's talk...
    We know how Chelsea operate, call it the Chelsea way.

There is no long life in football these days. Hardly any. Blink and they are gone. Patience is a dying breed my friend. Then there are those that are still around, Arsene and his 20 year stint.

liverpool19734 is online now Academy prospect

Wait till we lose one game, then they'll be back over exaggerating everything.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    We know how Chelsea operate, call it the Chelsea way.

For sure. I expect it from Chelsea with the Abramovich mentality, whereby if you win the league you can still get sacked. Lose the Champions League final on penalties? Sacked. I don't expect it from Liverpool fans but I suppose - from a minority - I should. I hope that doesn't become the majority though because I still like to think our fans are fairly intelligent and patient.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    Wait till we lose one game, then they'll be back over exaggerating everything.
    Wait til we're 1 goal down, they'll be calling for the entire squad to be free transferred. And yes I hate when people exaggerate so much that I throw a bowling ball and smash my TV screen every time it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    There is no long life in football these days. Hardly any. Blink and they are gone. Patience is a dying breed my friend. Then there are those that are still around, Arsene and his 20 year stint.
    Yeah... like Guidolin. he should've been given a bit more time, or some more resources, or a kick up the bum..

Wait til we're 1 goal down, they'll be calling for the entire squad to be free transferred. And yes I hate when people exaggerate so much that I throw a bowling ball and smash my TV screen every time it happens.
    You got a lot of bowling balls then, SL..?

Or calling players deadwood too in the process.

You just need to check the match threads, as soon as we go a goal down the same old 'fans' show up and declare how **** we are and how half the team isn't good enough.

You just need to check the match threads, as soon as we go a goal down the same old 'fans' show up and declare how **** we are and how half the team isn't good enough.
    The Swansea match thread in the first half was....entertaining. I have stopped going on match threads until half time, have a quick look, then post my thoughts, and again at the end of the match. Good way to do things and you can sometimes you can have a right chuckle at the same time.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    You got a lot of bowling balls then, SL..?
    And more than one TV............?
    People will believe what they want to believe

It was hard to believe that fans on here was still supporting Rodgers and saying Klopp was not good enough and should have been sack

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    It was hard to believe that fans on here was still supporting Rodgers and saying Klopp was not good enough and should have been sack
    Say it ain't so! Who was it, I want names...

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Say it ain't so! Who was it, I want names...
    All summer had influx I think kids who get on banging on about how poor Kloop in his first season and that and had a poorer record Rodgers,

even talks of people saying that Klopp should be sacked,

I get on mentioning this is really Klopp first season as he got preseason, new signings, and he knew his team much better

As last year was more than learning curve about the game in England and so on

All summer had influx I think kids who get on banging on about how poor Kloop in his first season and that and had a poorer record Rodgers,

I get on mentioning this is really Klopp first season as he got preseason, new signings, and he knew his team much better

its a sure sign someone hasn't a clue, or they're trolls, when they roll out the points per game comparison.

An influx? I doubt it. Maybe a few of the usual trolls, but hardly a lot of people.

An influx? I doubt it. Maybe a few of the usual trolls, but hardly a lot of people.
    8 or 10, one supposed season ticket holder,

Very good decision by FSG to both hire and then extend him. Now we need to give him time, patience and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    Very good decision by FSG to both hire and then extend him. Now we need to give him time, patience and resources.
    Blimey, how tall is he now?

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Blimey, how tall is he now?
    FSG added some inches but he is the same height........
    People will believe what they want to believe

Wait, what? Do people really think that? I only recall a lot of people asking 90% of the squad to be sold but surely nobody is as crazy as that. This kind of logic is what you expect from Real Madrid or Man Utd fans.