Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 767

Thread: (FAO Mods) General requests in here-approve/merge/delete threads-start polls. 3.0

  1. #571  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    54,111
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    How about an 'off topic allowed, but keep it football, and no bickering' thread

    I think it would be quite popular
    I think a general footy thread has been suggested many times before. As has taking a discussion that veers away from topic into a another thread. As has a twitter overspill thread, and a low content thread.

    The twitter thread currently gets used for everything because it's the one thread that constantly and organically provokes discussion.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #572  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I think a general footy thread has been suggested many times before. As has taking a discussion that veers away from topic into a another thread. As has a twitter overspill thread, and a low content thread.

    The twitter thread currently gets used for everything because it's the one thread that constantly and organically provokes discussion.
    Yes indeed.

    But the twitter thread is regularly plagued with mass deletions, the usual reason being given as 'off topic'

    In my view, if there was one thread where off topic was allowed, there would be less need to go off topic in other threads, and hence less post deletion - which surely nobody, not even Mods, likes.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #573  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20,375
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    How about an 'off topic allowed, but keep it football, and no bickering' thread

    I think it would be quite popular
    and also a fantasy, the last bit is taking it just that smidge too far......
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #574  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16,805
    We need a youth thread, I watch most u23's games with no thread to post on.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #575  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    We need a youth thread, I watch most u23's games with no thread to post on.
    Create one then
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #576  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,095
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    and also a fantasy, the last bit is taking it just that smidge too far......
    What last bit ? And how too far ?

    All I'm asking is that 'off topic' moderation could be relaxed a little in ONE thread, as moderating is a lot tighter now than it used to be
    - fair enough - it probably needs to be.

    But do you remember, for instance, the John Lemon Poetry thread ? - ridiculous, but very amusing
    Or how about the Albert Wittgenstein Philosophy thread ? - another corker

    Nowadays, the only comparable thread is the occasional appearance of the Confidence thread from Socratease
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #577  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Create one then
    You can do it for me Ron please you are good at it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #578  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    You can do it for me Ron please you are good at it.
    Hehehe - is this how you keep your respectability low and your post count low - get others to cover for you,,,,,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #579  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Hehehe - is this how you keep your respectability low and your post count low - get others to cover for you,,,,,
    Ssssssshhhh, keep it to yourself.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #580  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    You can do it for me Ron please you are good at it.
    Done - Mouldy

    Mods there are now 3 threads pending - thanks
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #581  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Done - Mouldy

    Mods there are now 3 threads pending - thanks
    Cheers Ron .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #582  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Cheers Ron .
    No worries - I don't discriminate unlike some
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #583  
    TossMoSalah'd is offline Armchair supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1
    Can anybody tell me why I can't post? Thanks

    TossMoSalah'd, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Some areas of the forum are only accesible to holders of a valid LFCTV Online subscription
    Registered users can use the non LFCTV Online section of the forums which are open non-match-days: 9am – 8pm and on evening match-days 9am -11pm.

    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #584  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    38,632
    Hey guys, is the Coutinho thread going to be locked forever?
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #585  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    87,921
    Quote Originally Posted by TossMoSalah'd View Post
    Can anybody tell me why I can't post? Thanks

    TossMoSalah'd, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Some areas of the forum are only accesible to holders of a valid LFCTV Online subscription
    Registered users can use the non LFCTV Online section of the forums which are open non-match-days: 9am – 8pm and on evening match-days 9am -11pm.

    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    You can post in any of the forums except for the top two on the main page, these require a subscription.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #586  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    87,921
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Hey guys, is the Coutinho thread going to be locked forever?
    Another one will be started soon
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #587  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    38,632
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Another one will be started soon
    Okay. Thanks.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #588  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    87,921
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Okay. Thanks.
    I've reopened it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #589  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    38,632
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    I've reopened it.
    Spot on! Also started a Watford match thread. Thanks.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #590  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    18,848
    Are you lads going to reopen the squad thread?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #591  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    38,632
    Hey guys, started a Watford match thread few days ago. Any chance you could put it up?
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #592  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20,375
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Hey guys, started a Watford match thread few days ago. Any chance you could put it up?
    Yeah, was just wondering where that had got to. Probably fell down the back of the sofa in their office
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #593  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    87,921
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Hey guys, started a Watford match thread few days ago. Any chance you could put it up?
    Done
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #594  
    TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29,224
    Thanks for approving the new Lawro Prediction thread on FD!

    Traditionally we've had it as a sticky at the top for the last 6 or 7 years. If you could make it sticky again that would be much appreciated.

    http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/thread...awro-!-2017-18
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #595  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,106
    May one enquire as to where the Random Football Thought of the Day Thread has got to?

    It's even disappeared from the list of threads that I've started (and everyone's posts therein, too).
    Last edited by DiddlerDave; 8-8-17 at 11:22.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #596  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    87,921
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    May one enquire as to where the Random Football Thought of the Day Thread has got to?

    It's even disappeared from the list of threads that I've started (and everyone's posts therein, too).
    Sounds like it's been 'hard deleted' which means it can't be restored.

    Apologies for that, start a new one if you want.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #597  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,106
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Sounds like it's been 'hard deleted' which means it can't be restored.

    Apologies for that, start a new one if you want.
    Goodness me!

    Righto. I'll just restart number seven again, then. Back to you shortly, LJoC.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #598  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,106
    Replacement Random Thought Thread VII for FD is ready to go, thanks.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #599  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    87,921
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Goodness me!

    Righto. I'll just restart number seven again, then. Back to you shortly, LJoC.
    Deleted, er...... approved, yes approved.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #600  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,106
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Deleted, er...... approved, yes approved.


    Thanks for the ultra-fast service.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •