Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: (FAO Mods) General requests in here-approve/merge/delete threads-start polls. 3.0

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Hi grenny - I've got a message back from Customer Services - I'll email it to you before the end of the evening - I'm currently at work.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Hi grenny - I've got a message back from Customer Services - I'll email it to you before the end of the evening - I'm currently at work.
    Thanks very much Jannno .. I hope it is a solution and not a 'oh well, we tried our best' type of message.

The Midweek thread is ready if required

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    The Midweek thread is ready if required
    Up now...thanks.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Hi Jannno .. got your email .. have replied, thanks.

Do you mean you've replied to me or the club grenny? Haven't received anything...

Do you mean you've replied to me or the club grenny? Haven't received anything...
    Morning Jannno .. to you .. email sent at 09h04 SA time yesterday morning - replied to that same email address you sent to me. I have just resent it to you now.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Morning Jannno .. to you .. email sent at 09h04 SA time yesterday morning - replied to that same email address you sent to me. I have just resent it to you now.
    Didn't get one yesterday but it has come now. I've forwarded your reply on to them so you should be able to talk with them directly. Hope it gets sorted.

Didn't get one yesterday but it has come now. I've forwarded your reply on to them so you should be able to talk with them directly. Hope it gets sorted.
    Thanks very much for your efforts, Jannno, greatly appreciated. Hope it gets sorted because it is eternally frustrating reading through some of the threads and not being able to respond.

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Hi Jannno .. I think the first attempt to deduct payment from my credit card did not go through at some point in October .. since then, I have been unable to process any payment as I keep getting that 'Error 500' message .. I sent an email to customer services last week and have heard nothing from them.
    Hi grenny, sorry to read you are having so much woe just trying to get back up and running with us again.

With regards to the Error 500 message, this usually indicates a fault at the server end but if it was widespread then we'd be inundated with complaints and requests for help but we've not experienced that. I understand (and am not a web expert by any means) that it can be caused at the users end if you are using a cached version of the webpage; I know you've tried logging out and in again, but have you cleared your browser history to get rid of old cookies and cached webpages? Try that and see if it helps.
    If it doesn't, do you have access to another device you can try with? Or a different browser, or preferably both? Or even better, a device at work or a friends house that you can try on? I'm just thinking of all the things you can eliminate at your end to see if you can get any further. Or, finally, someone in the UK who you trust with your details who could try from closer to home to eliminate the possibility that something is blocking the connection from your home somewhere along the line.
    If you've already tried these things then, sorry mate I'm stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    Hi grenny, sorry to read you are having so much woe just trying to get back up and running with us again.

With regards to the Error 500 message, this usually indicates a fault at the server end but if it was widespread then we'd be inundated with complaints and requests for help but we've not experienced that. I understand (and am not a web expert by any means) that it can be caused at the users end if you are using a cached version of the webpage; I know you've tried logging out and in again, but have you cleared your browser history to get rid of old cookies and cached webpages? Try that and see if it helps.
    If it doesn't, do you have access to another device you can try with? Or a different browser, or preferably both? Or even better, a device at work or a friends house that you can try on? I'm just thinking of all the things you can eliminate at your end to see if you can get any further. Or, finally, someone in the UK who you trust with your details who could try from closer to home to eliminate the possibility that something is blocking the connection from your home somewhere along the line.
    Hi kickthetyres - thanks for this, I will try your suggestions now

Hi ktt .. cleared cache, history and everything else on my iMac .. still got the Error 500 message.

Tried to do it on my iPad, again after clearing everything, and got the Error 500 message again.

My wife has a windows laptop and I will try to do it on there when she gets home. I suspect it is a problem with my account though, rather then my computer because both my iPad and iMac give me the same Error 500 message. Something must have happened when they tried to renew my membership and couldn't, I think.

Thanks for trying to assist me though, appreciated .. goes for all the mods who have tried to help me.

Dang. Looks like you are in the lap of customer services

I dont know if its possible to test the system by making a new account and seeing if you can get beyond the point where the 500 error comes up then exit before the account is actually set up. That may prove if your existing account is faulty but you may just end up with a duplicate account in the unpaid section.
    Last edited by kickthetyres; 7-12-17 at 17:37.

Dang. Looks like you are in the lap of customer services

I dont know if its possible to test the system by making a new account and seeing if you can get beyond the point where the 500 error comes up then exit before the account is actually set up. That may prove if your existing account is faulty but you may just end up with a duplicate account in the unpaid section.
    Yep .. let me see what customer services come back with .. hopefully they can sort it out still.

How long generally does it take for a posted thread to appear? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    How long generally does it take for a posted thread to appear? Just curious.
    Depends entirely on whether a mod comes online AND sees the thread awaiting approval.

Depends entirely on whether a mod comes online AND sees the thread awaiting approval.
    Youíve missed a real donkey in our villages nativity play. I posted earlier on to tell people about our free to see nativity play. Too late now. But it has a real, yes a real donkey in it. You missed it. Damn moderators. I was feet away from it, a real donkey. And itís snowing. Doesnít get any better. A genuine real donkey and real snow.

Has anyone got a link to where I can pay my lfc to go. I've been cut off
    Eagle Face Moron

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    West Brom thread made guys.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975