Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: (FAO Mods) General requests in here-approve/merge/delete threads-start polls. 3.0

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Ah, cheers!

Don't think there's much more to add at this point!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quick question about what happened with the pre match thread, in GOFF, for the saints game next sunday? Anyone know anything about why it's been deleted?

MickeyLove is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Quick question about what happened with the pre match thread, in GOFF, for the saints game next sunday? Anyone know anything about why it's been deleted?
    Was auto deleted by mistake due to an accidental report. Thanks for letting us know about it, I've un-deleted it now

Someone fancy doing the honours on a new twitter thread?

Just a question, why is there no PM option on this forum? While there might be people who insult or act creepy while on PM, we can then also contact the mod or have the option of ignoring said person. PM also allows you to have some convo in private with other users instead of letting it there for all to see.

Another thing, why is there no button to show notifications if someone has quoted you or posted in the thread you are interested in (implemented under Watched Threads or something similar). Seems like a neat idea so that people don't miss replies to a discussion.

Sorry if this has been asked before. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Helmet View Post
    Just a question, why is there no PM option on this forum? While there might be people who insult or act creepy while on PM, we can then also contact the mod or have the option of ignoring said person. PM also allows you to have some convo in private with other users instead of letting it there for all to see.

Another thing, why is there no button to show notifications if someone has quoted you or posted in the thread you are interested in (implemented under Watched Threads or something similar). Seems like a neat idea so that people don't miss replies to a discussion.

Sorry if this has been asked before. Just wondering.
    The principles of PMs are well known HH, its just that the club has taken the decision not to implement it primarily for the reason you alluded to in your post above. Liverpool Football Club does not need the negative publicity that it would doubtlessly attract should it turn out that users of its own forum on its own servers were sending undesirable (I'll just leave it at that) PMs to other users behind the scenes. We moderators are all just volunteers and really don't need the aggravation of trying to resolve (or report) issues that may arise from unwanted PMs. So in sum, there's too great a risk it would be misused and so the club chooses not to implement it; we don't even allow the exchange of any personal details on the fourm, I'm sure you've seen the mods delete things like email addresses when someone tries to post one.

Whilst I have you attention could I politely remind you that the post reporting facility is there to draw the mods attention to unpleasantness and nastiness aimed at other users, or such stuff that may call the club into disrepute, e.g. making wild allegations about individuals or organisations. It isn't really there for reporting people who are simple taking a negative line about the club's current status unless they are doing so in an antagonistic or directly confrontational manner. We have very positive and some quite negative fans on here and we have to allow both to be able to express themselves freely.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    The principles of PMs are well known HH, its just that the club has taken the decision not to implement it primarily for the reason you alluded to in your post above. Liverpool Football Club does not need the negative publicity that it would doubtlessly attract should it turn out that users of its own forum on its own servers were sending undesirable (I'll just leave it at that) PMs to other users behind the scenes. We moderators are all just volunteers and really don't need the aggravation of trying to resolve (or report) issues that may arise from unwanted PMs. So in sum, there's too great a risk it would be misused and so the club chooses not to implement it; we don't even allow the exchange of any personal details on the fourm, I'm sure you've seen the mods delete things like email addresses when someone tries to post one.

Whilst I have you attention could I politely remind you that the post reporting facility is there to draw the mods attention to unpleasantness and nastiness aimed at other users, or such stuff that may call the club into disrepute, e.g. making wild allegations about individuals or organisations. It isn't really there for reporting people who are simple taking a negative line about the club's current status unless they are doing so in an antagonistic or directly confrontational manner. We have very positive and some quite negative fans on here and we have to allow both to be able to express themselves freely.

Thank you.
    Ah, I see. Thanks.
    Sorry. I was thinking it was too over the top that it seems like trolling.

Ah, I see. Thanks.
    Sorry. I was thinking it was too over the top that it seems like trolling.
    No worries. Please don't be put off using the report feature, this forum does not enjoy 24/7 moderator coverage so we don't visit every thread and so miss a lot of stuff and thus we do rely on users reporting posts that step over a line of reasonable behaviour. Where that line is drawn is naturally different for all of us but generally, individual moaning or negative posts here and there are best just passed over and ignored. Where a pattern starts to appear, e.g. making the same type of negative post for no obvious reason over and over in multiple threads in a way that seems to be an attempt to generate an adverse reaction, or making the posts in an aggressive and unpleasant way, then a mod may feel the need to intervene.

Any chance you could change my Kopite to something else?
    Manchester United Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    Any chance you could change my Kopite to something else?
    What to?.......Stretford End?

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    No worries. Please don't be put off using the report feature, this forum does not enjoy 24/7 moderator coverage so we don't visit every thread and so miss a lot of stuff and thus we do rely on users reporting posts that step over a line of reasonable behaviour. Where that line is drawn is naturally different for all of us but generally, individual moaning or negative posts here and there are best just passed over and ignored. Where a pattern starts to appear, e.g. making the same type of negative post for no obvious reason over and over in multiple threads in a way that seems to be an attempt to generate an adverse reaction, or making the posts in an aggressive and unpleasant way, then a mod may feel the need to intervene.
    Cheers. What about the second request about a notification button? You seem to skim over it.

Cheers. What about the second request about a notification button? You seem to skim over it.
    Missed it among the other stuff, sorry.

I think this has been asked for before but the tech team in the digital media department have never implemented it. I think a lot of features that you find enabled on many other bulletin boards such as embedding of images and videos, use of certain UBB codes and notification buttons are purposefully disabled just to reduce the load (and presumably space required) on the host servers; you've seen what happens to the whole forum when we concede a goal during a live match!

At the end of the day the paid staff within the club decide what is and isn't implemented on its own bulletin boards; to be honest I don't believe they even check the feedback forum as its more intended for observations about how the forum is run not how the software is implemented. If you use the Contact Us link at the foot of the page you can send a message to the appropriate department and ask them if they will look into things for you. But also be aware that this forum forms sits in one small corner of the club's online presence and they have many other things to occupy their time so I kind of guess we just have to use the forum as its presented to us.

Mods please would you kindly approve my thread Liverpool signed Andrew Robertson Thank you.

So you guys just freeze my thread and put "it's just you". Thanks a lot, I pay my money here & have made maybe 3 threads in 8 years & all I was asking was I didn't see Phillipe celebrate his goals yesterday, is there anything in it & it gets frozen/deleted. Seriously, if it's a delete worthy thread you guys know how to stick it to your members. Thanks.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Swooper View Post
    So you guys just freeze my thread and put "it's just you". Thanks a lot, I pay my money here & have made maybe 3 threads in 8 years & all I was asking was I didn't see Phillipe celebrate his goals yesterday, is there anything in it & it gets frozen/deleted. Seriously, if it's a delete worthy thread you guys know how to stick it to your members. Thanks.
    You could have asked that question in the post-match thread I suppose.

I deleted as it would be nice, after a 4-0 win and with Champions League football well and truly in our hands, to have a few positive days on here instead of the doom and gloom which has been the norm for the past few weeks/months.

Silly me for trying, I will reinstate your thread immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    You could have asked that question in the post-match thread I suppose.

I deleted as it would be nice, after a 4-0 win and with Champions League football well and truly in our hands, to have a few positive days on here instead of the doom and gloom which has been the norm for the past few weeks/months.

Silly me for trying, I will reinstate your thread immediately.
    LJOC if that's the way you see it fair enough but I did write in there that I don't want him to leave at any cost. It wasn't a negative post by any means,I just thought it was weird on the coverage that he didn't celebrate that's all. Forget about reinstating it mate I'm getting sick of some posters in here belittling others in here when we all support & bleed for the same team. Thanks for your swift reply mate.

Morning chaps,

any chance you could approve my thread on Carra's PL team of the season?

Cheers in advance

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by godworethenumber9 View Post
    Morning chaps,

any chance you could approve my thread on Carra's PL team of the season?

Cheers in advance
    Just seen this...now approved.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    What to?.......Stretford End?
    That would do. 👍🏼 But I'd take Not a Kopite if that was possible.

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Off-topic thread started. RIP Chris Cornell. Died at 52.

That would do. ���� But I'd take Not a Kopite if that was possible.
    That seems fair enough.

C'mon Mods, give your blessing!

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    That would do. ���� But I'd take Not a Kopite if that was possible.
    Will do this until we can think of a worse better one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Will do this until we can think of a worse better one for you.
    Cheers LJOC much appreciated.

For some reason the Weekend thread has been closed down that was in use - so have created a new one. if you want to use or merge.. thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    For some reason the Weekend thread has been closed down that was in use - so have created a new one. if you want to use or merge.. thanks...
    Open now.

Old one closed as it was specific to the May Day weekend...3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Open now.

Old one closed as it was specific to the May Day weekend...3 weeks ago.
    I gathered that - hence the new title wording - this one can last the last weeks and finals

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Hello moderators can I have my thread approved please?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMelwoodMole View Post
    Hello moderators can I have my thread approved please?
    Done...I've removed the video though.

Dunno if there is a thread for Wednesday's game in Sydney - if there is please merge, if there isn't, there is now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Dunno if there is a thread for Wednesday's game in Sydney - if there is please merge, if there isn't, there is now...
    Approved now Ron.