Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 2447

Thread: The January transfer thread.

  1. #1 Wink The January transfer thread. 
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    19,147
    Will it be a case of like recent January windows?

    Or will we see movement in the market?

    4 names popping up quiet a bit lately - Dahoud, Pulisic, Tah and Hector Herrera.

    No doubt there'll be another 50 odd names linked in the meantime but that's the nature of the game.

    Thoughts guys?

    YNWA.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,267
    Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Will it be a case of like recent January windows?

    Or will we see movement in the market?

    4 names popping up quiet a bit lately - Dahoud, Pulisic, Tah and Hector Herrera.

    No doubt there'll be another 50 odd names linked in the meantime but that's the nature of the game.

    Thoughts guys?

    YNWA.
    Bump - we have probably seen over 50 names already mate
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    This window is quite a comfortable one for us. We're doing great and we may have lost Mane for a short period and Ings but we aren't desperate to dip in unless there's quality.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,603
    YouTube Pulisic hasn't impressed me tbh, which is usually a worry with players who are supposed to be dangerous.

    Anyone watched him to any great extent?
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16,779
    Sakho out Tah in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    30,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    This window is quite a comfortable one for us. We're doing great and we may have lost Mane for a short period and Ings but we aren't desperate to dip in unless there's quality.
    Aye - as things stand it seems we can be quite relaxed about it. Comfortable that the manager and sporting director have some exciting targets but will mainly come down to availability...might need to wait until summer to get them, which is fine
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40,237
    so far theres pulisic and tah mentioned... dahoud too prob


    the usual then
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    94
    I can't see us spend money in January unless we raise money through sales which is quite plausible in regards to Sakho and Sturridge.

    We've always had a low net spend in having to sell to buy, and I don't think will depart from that anytime soon.

    I can't see us going for Dahoud and Pulsic either as I don't think we've ever gone back in for a player that we've missed out on in a previous transfer window.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,603
    Quote Originally Posted by AS79 View Post
    I can't see us spend money in January unless we raise money through sales which is quite plausible in regards to Sakho and Sturridge.

    We've always had a low net spend in having to sell to buy, and I don't think will depart from that anytime soon.

    I can't see us going for Dahoud and Pulsic either as I don't think we've ever gone back in for a player that we've missed out on in a previous transfer window.
    Oh, bore off would you.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,566
    Does Mane have a secret twin brother with comparable attributes?

    If so gerr im in
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by AS79 View Post
    I can't see us spend money in January unless we raise money through sales which is quite plausible in regards to Sakho and Sturridge.

    We've always had a low net spend in having to sell to buy, and I don't think will depart from that anytime soon.

    I can't see us going for Dahoud and Pulsic either as I don't think we've ever gone back in for a player that we've missed out on in a previous transfer window.
    I can see the possibility of a bid for Dahoud or Pulisic if that's who Klopp wants in the future. We have no idea if we bid for either last summer. It may be we were rebuffed which wouldn't prevent us from returning.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpool8 View Post
    Does Mane have a secret twin brother with comparable attributes?

    If so gerr im in
    Be careful what you wish for...

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    38,596
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for...

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia
    Better hope there is not a player called Tidy who claims to be the property of his cousin Messi. Klopp be aware....

    Then again, the premier league is full of the seminal pop band The Stone Roses...we have Stones, and Rose(s) and for us,,,,Mani....
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,603
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Better hope there is not a player called Tidy who claims to be the property of his cousin Messi. Klopp be aware....

    Then again, the premier league is full of the seminal pop band The Stone Roses...we have Stones, and Rose(s) and for us,,,,Mani....
    Okay, I'm going with my joke now, I've held it back because it's terrible, but you've opened the door!

    I hope we sign a player called Manzee, so I can say, 'we were brilliant today, from Mané to Manzee'

    I'll get my coat...
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    38,596
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Okay, I'm going with my joke now, I've held it back because it's terrible, but you've opened the door!

    I hope we sign a player called Manzee, so I can say, 'we were brilliant today, from Mané to Manzee'

    I'll get my coat...


    Doesn't the bass player from U2 play professional footy, Adam Clayton?!?
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,603
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post


    Doesn't the bass player from U2 play professional footy, Adam Clayton?!?


    You've gone over The Edge with that one!
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    38,596
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post


    You've gone over The Edge with that one!
    Ha! Good one!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,267
    One of the many stories

    7 clubs interested in Sturridge
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...Rumours-Gossip
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    SouthernRob is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post


    Doesn't the bass player from U2 play professional footy, Adam Clayton?!?
    This reminds me of the most bizarre high profile career change you could ever imagine

    Sylvan Richardson, lead guitarist for Simply Red decides on a slight career change...

    And becomes Liverpool FCs lead masseur????

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...m-masseur.html
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    30,144
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    This reminds me of the most bizarre high profile career change you could ever imagine

    Sylvan Richardson, lead guitarist for Simply Red decides on a slight career change...

    And becomes Liverpool FCs lead masseur????

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...m-masseur.html
    Life is a roller-coaster and all that mate
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Jur-Gone is online now Previous username 'Klopp-OUT' just for reference
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,599
    Is Douglas Costa out of favor at Bayern?

    Haven't seen him play that much for Bayern this season.

    Would love him here
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,603
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    This reminds me of the most bizarre high profile career change you could ever imagine

    Sylvan Richardson, lead guitarist for Simply Red decides on a slight career change...

    And becomes Liverpool FCs lead masseur????

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...m-masseur.html
    I guess he was just simply red...
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,599
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    This reminds me of the most bizarre high profile career change you could ever imagine

    Sylvan Richardson, lead guitarist for Simply Red decides on a slight career change...

    And becomes Liverpool FCs lead masseur????

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...m-masseur.html
    Yeah, I always thought bass players made better masseurs.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    One of the many stories

    7 clubs interested in Sturridge
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...Rumours-Gossip
    Can you get odds on him staying, we have Ings out Mane away in Jan and fighting for the title, I reckon there is as much chance of Klopp leaving in January as Danny.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    SouthernRob is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,347
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Yeah, I always thought bass players made better masseurs.
    Pianists perform the better happy endings though

    Just thinking of those last few chords in Bohemian Rhapsody make me go weak at the knees
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,267
    Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Can you get odds on him staying, we have Ings out Mane away in Jan and fighting for the title, I reckon there is as much chance of Klopp leaving in January as Danny.
    I think he will be here to the end of the season too, but you never know in the mad world of football
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    I think he will be here to the end of the season too, but you never know in the mad world of football
    Yes, summer will be a different kettle of fish altogether.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Aye - as things stand it seems we can be quite relaxed about it. Comfortable that the manager and sporting director have some exciting targets but will mainly come down to availability...might need to wait until summer to get them, which is fine
    We may pre-sign a couple and loan back, that seems a thing we have done recently.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,267
    Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Can you get odds on him staying, we have Ings out Mane away in Jan and fighting for the title, I reckon there is as much chance of Klopp leaving in January as Danny.
    Leaving in Jan window - 6/4
    Sturridge as Prem League top scorer - 100/1
    To stay till the summer - 1/4

    Hope that helps
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Leaving in Jan window - 6/4
    Sturridge as Prem League top scorer - 100/1
    To stay till the summer - 1/4

    Hope that helps
    Just shows really, all the headlines like those in the Express ' 7 Clubs want Sturidge' etc and papers giving odds never bleat on about the massive odds on him staying [1/4], I suppose it would make there story a bit pointless if they did.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •