Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
Results 2,371 to 2,391 of 2391

Thread: More Tea Please, Brexit and the Stiff Upper Lip 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Not surprised and people on here were warned that Germany was upset - their attempts to create the new reich -
    It was always gonna end in a german tantrum attack

Wanting to punish the UK for spoiling their idea
    Wanting to punish the UK so others won't follow....
    Be good to see where this story originated and what are the politics of the one who said it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Uhh, well back to the real world and aside from bizarre rather xenophobic & hysterical conclusions of the 'Reich' resurrection, this from the BBC in relation to EU immigration control in terms of freedom of movement, so this is the approach. I find it mental that a study is being done and will be completed just 6 months before we exit the EU, surely this is a year too late if you want to truly measure impacts? Here we go:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40734504
    Basically no one on the leave side has a clue what to do and hasnt from day one. They are making it up as they go along. Its basically paint by numbers for imbeciles.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Basically no one on the leave side has a clue what to do and hasnt from day one. They are making it up as they go along. Its basically paint by numbers for imbeciles.
    Its not helped with the remainers having 2 year old paddy attacks coz they can't get what everybody else has decided on.....

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Nobody has a clue full stop, this study is a year too late considering what is at stake. What I found odd as an aside is Amber Rudd's comments about Europe's 'brightest and best'....Paul Nuttall used that exact term not all that long ago, something about Bulgaria's brightest and best need to stay in Bulgaria.

So 6 months before we are due to leave, this study will be ready giving the UK no chance to react, leaving the NHS and Higher Education etc in **** street with little ability to plan, only to react in small desperate measures. Its such a massive issue that its beyond belief that only now they want a study on it to provide much needed information on impacts, it will be too late by then to do anything meaningful with it.

Its not helped with the remainers having 2 year old paddy attacks coz they can't get what everybody else has decided on.....
    Be useful if you actually debated this latest information and not what remainers or leavers are saying or not saying.

Be useful if you actually debated this latest information and not what remainers or leavers are saying or not saying.
    Hahaha - debate - hahaha - the lines are drawn and you wanna act like its still up for negotiation - Opinion is all that is left

Hahaha - debate - hahaha - the lines are drawn and you wanna act like its still up for negotiation - Opinion is all that is left
    I'm embarrassed for you with this post,it's a straightforward piece of news about impacts on freedom of movements post brexit, a study the government have issued ......you seem to be having an imaginary debate all of your own here.

I wasn't aware we couldn't discuss all the many parts that make up brexit on a thread about brexit, learn something every day.

I'm embarrassed for you with this post,it's a straightforward piece of news about impacts on freedom of movements post brexit, a study the government have issued ......you seem to be having an imaginary debate all of your own here.

I wasn't aware we couldn't discuss all the many parts that make up brexit on a thread about brexit, learn something every day.
    Immigration is gonna continue - it will change - but it ain't gonna stop
    Free movement is questionable - terrorists need checking - whilst not everyone is a terrorist, blackmail, bribery and sympathy means it needs curtailing
    Not everyone out there has good intentions

Free movement is questionable - terrorists need checking - whilst not everyone is a terrorist, blackmail, bribery and sympathy means it needs curtailing
    I do hope it is non-discriminatory (i.e. not favouring EU citizens in any way). It would destroy us in terms of using it as a tool for trade deals elsewhere besides just being plain wrong.

Terrorism though tends to come from within via radicalisation as opposed to immigration being out of control.

We also must consider freedom of movement could be hampered both ways, UK workers having their ability hampered to work elsewhere in EU recognised countries.

It will change things in the UK & this is what this study the government want is about, but the issue is of timing, as in by the time the findings are released, it'll be too late for them to do anything about it which seems daft when trying to get a deal that benefits the UK

We seem to be doing our best to hamper our own interests, never mind the EU being difficult

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Theresa May's Brexit Team leaving her to her own devices ... https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...gy-chief-quits

Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    Theresa May's Brexit Team leaving her to her own devices ... https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...gy-chief-quits
    We're going to have send in mannequins with moving lips at this rate..... probably get a better deal actually

That's because the leavers don't know what they've decide for. They just know what they decided against.

Still waiting ......., any time now ........

Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    They had a strategist? Really?

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Luises-Finger View Post
    They had a strategist? Really?

Nobody has a clue full stop, this study is a year too late considering what is at stake. What I found odd as an aside is Amber Rudd's comments about Europe's 'brightest and best'....Paul Nuttall used that exact term not all that long ago, something about Bulgaria's brightest and best need to stay in Bulgaria.

So 6 months before we are due to leave, this study will be ready giving the UK no chance to react, leaving the NHS and Higher Education etc in **** street with little ability to plan, only to react in small desperate measures. Its such a massive issue that its beyond belief that only now they want a study on it to provide much needed information on impacts, it will be too late by then to do anything meaningful with it.
    Much ado about nothing, surely?

Didn't the article say there'd be a transition come what may? So people just have to register, there's no immediate plan to restrict entry on leaving?

That's because the leavers don't know what they've decide for. They just know what they decided against.

Completely agree on this sentiment. I've said before that reasons for leaving varied wildly from some who voted for reasons completely detached from what the EU does (the mis-informed thinking about NHS money or immigration from countries not even in the EU) to those whose Idea was probably a hard Brexit although I imagine their number would be quite small. What I'm seeing is a stubbornness now from some brexiters, with them sticking rigidly to their decision and the government interpretation of that decision even though it had nothing to do with their personal reasons to vote leave.

It would be interesting to see another vote just to see how the information we've had since the vote has influenced peoples original decision. Personally, I was largely undecided up to the day but I would be firmer in my stay vote a second time round.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

It's not for the leavers/brexiters to decide. It is for the county to decide how best to implement the decision. The referendum is over and we prosper or fail together whichever way you voted. If the remain vote input is to keep a deeper connection with the EU, such as immigration or ECJ then so be it. But it must be based on what they want not what the EU demand as that is the basis of the EU referendum. I want the bets ideas and best decisions no matter what side of the debate they came from to implement the decision.

And it is illogical to say those who voted remain want input but on the other hand claim the brexiters have not decided what they want or have a plan. Remainers cannot wish to have input but leave all responsibility to brexiters. Otherwise best to give brexiters carteblanche to decide and we get what we get.

And saying leave had no set single identifiable objective in leaving is fair, just as we cannot objectively identify the reasons people voted to remain.

The divisiveness that continues just shows many would like sit on the sidelines and wish to be proved right rather than help to make the best of it. It can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    Much ado about nothing, surely?

Didn't the article say there'd be a transition come what may? So people just have to register, there's no immediate plan to restrict entry on leaving?
    There's no boundary around that transition, just a vague statement about 'nobody will fall of a cliff' but again that's not good enough, you get the info up front as surely forearmed is forewarned.

For those people having to register and face this uncertainty with nothing to work off, I doubt for them it feels like much ado about nothing.

This is just one key element for Brexit, so I'd say it's not overly encouraging but then I guess we already know there are sounds about the total lack of certainty in what our negotiating team want (what's left of that team).

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Completely agree on this sentiment. I've said before that reasons for leaving varied wildly from some who voted for reasons completely detached from what the EU does (the mis-informed thinking about NHS money or immigration from countries not even in the EU) to those whose Idea was probably a hard Brexit although I imagine their number would be quite small. What I'm seeing is a stubbornness now from some brexiters, with them sticking rigidly to their decision and the government interpretation of that decision even though it had nothing to do with their personal reasons to vote leave.

It would be interesting to see another vote just to see how the information we've had since the vote has influenced peoples original decision. Personally, I was largely undecided up to the day but I would be firmer in my stay vote a second time round.
    I voted remain, mostly cause I knew this shot would happen and doubted the confidence the country had in itself. I would vote remain again if it was the first referendum, but having had a referendum and the outcome being to leave we are now in a different place with higher stakes. I would vote leave in the second, because (a) democracy in whatever form is a greater ideal for me than the EU, news bias or anything and (b) we were already in decadent decline and we turn tail now and vote to remain then our independent state confidence will be over, for our lifetimes at least. Many of those negative things people said would happen will happen - our industries will be bought out, inequality will rise, our global influence will end, we will lose our voice.

It's obviously just my view but we are in this now and unless the EU offer a change in relationship terms (which I acknowledge would be grounds for a new referendum), then we cannot go back without self-harm. It would also harm the rest of the EU states no end.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    We're going to have send in mannequins with moving lips at this rate..... probably get a better deal actually
    As long as it brings down the price of my gottles of geer.