Notices
Closed Thread
Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 2976

Thread: Naby Keita

  1. #2581  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53,759
    Quote Originally Posted by cperchard View Post
    Strange isn't it, pretty sure Man City went from 25m for Sterling up to 40m 2nd bid to 3rd and final successful bid of 49m........surely we are gonna have to go to at least 65-70m next and then say like it or lump it and move on if they refuse.
    I wouldn't think it would be any less than 65m for our next bid, and I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up paying that €80m that was first mooted.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2582  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,538
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I wouldn't think it would be any less than 65m for our next bid, and I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up paying that 80m that was first mooted.
    I think RB Leipzig director board won't give in neither for 70m!!

    I think at the end of the day we are loosing this tug of war, we have to accept it and veer on a plan B!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #2583  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,491
    Quote Originally Posted by longstebe View Post
    Who's he?
    He's the managing editor of the German division of the Guardian.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #2584  
    dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38,132
    Apparently, we have offered 80 million. Read this in a German media thing on the internet.

    http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bun...**-keita_79891
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #2585  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6,951
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    Why can't we just go back in for him next summer?

    He's only been there a season...obvs they won't be willing to sell.
    Next summer we may not have CL on offer and there will be more interest in him.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #2586  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,990
    This signing won't happen. VVD could but still not convinced.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #2587  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,396
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    Why can't we just go back in for him next summer?

    He's only been there a season...obvs they won't be willing to sell.
    Juve and Arsenal wouldn't pay us what we asked for Xabi prior to 08/09 and hoped we would settle for less the following season. The rest is history.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #2588  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellso1 View Post
    This signing won't happen. VVD could but still not convinced.
    It will.

    When was the last time we bid a significant amount for a player, who we didn't end up getting? And how often does that happen?

    Before anyone says Texieira we could have got him if Klopp really wanted him - FSG were prepared to go higher but Klopp didn't want to. It's different here - Klopp seems to want Keita at any price.

    At the end of the day, as a football club, we very rarely bid for players unless we're confident of signing them, or unless the selling club gives some sort of indication they're willing to negotiate.

    The Leipzig PR talk today was all generic stuff from their manager. It means nothing. He said Keita was happy at Leipzig - we all know the manager was blatantly lying.

    The more significant development, is that Kaveh from Sky Sports News said that senior figures at Leipzig want to sell him.

    At the end of the day,

    A) Keita is desperate for Liverpool
    B) The most important people at Leipzig want to sell him

    There's only one outcome.

    James Ward-Prowse.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #2589  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53,759
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    It will.

    When was the last time we bid a significant amount for a player, who we didn't end up getting? And how often does that happen?

    Before anyone says Texieira we could have got him if Klopp really wanted him - FSG were prepared to go higher but Klopp didn't want to. It's different here - Klopp seems to want Keita at any price.

    At the end of the day, as a football club, we very rarely bid for players unless we're confident of signing them, or unless the selling club gives some sort of indication they're willing to negotiate.

    The Leipzig PR talk today was all generic stuff from their manager. It means nothing. He said Keita was happy at Leipzig - we all know the manager was blatantly lying.

    The more significant development, is that Kaveh from Sky Sports News said that senior figures at Leipzig want to sell him.

    At the end of the day,

    A) Keita is desperate for Liverpool
    B) The most important people at Leipzig want to sell him

    There's only one outcome.

    James Ward-Prowse.
    We don't know anything to be fair. All we have is speculation. There's as much speculation that he will stay as there is that he will leave, or even actually wants to leave.

    What isn't speculation is their coach and the director of football saying categorically that he won't leave. So while it's likely to be the case that they will accept a fantastic offer, you can't dismiss reports of them saying he isn't for sale as PR whilst then saying we know for certain the player isn't happy, wants to leave and the coach is lying. That's obviously speculation. Until we hear the player himself state he wants to come. If he has publicly said he wants to leave then that's fair enough but as fair as I know it's those mysterious "sources" speaking on his behalf.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #2590  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,581
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    We don't know anything to be fair. All we have is speculation. There's as much speculation that he will stay as there is that he will leave, or even actually wants to leave.

    What isn't speculation is their coach and the director of football saying categorically that he won't leave. So while it's likely to be the case that they will accept a fantastic offer, you can't dismiss reports of them saying he isn't for sale as PR whilst then saying we know for certain the player isn't happy, wants to leave and the coach is lying. That's obviously speculation. Until we hear the player himself state he wants to come. If he has publicly said he wants to leave then that's fair enough but as fair as I know it's those mysterious "sources" speaking on his behalf.
    Mate if he didn't want to join Liverpool, we wouldn't have made a bid of over 50m. Why would we bid for a player, never mind a bid over 50m, if we don't even know if he wants to join us? Naby isn't going to state anything publicly because that's unprofessional.

    I'm not dismissing reports saying he won't leave (although I don't believe him). I'm dismissing the manager claiming Keita is happy at Leipzig. Because it's obviously untrue, and it's generic manager talk - he's hardly going to say anything else.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #2591  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,736
    Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    Apparently, we have offered € 80 million. Read this in a German media thing on the internet.

    http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bun...**-keita_79891
    First paragraph google translation:

    Although Leipzig's manager Ralf Rangnick has finally put a stop to all of his chances of success, the Liverpool FC will not let loose in the team Naby Keta. After the first failed offer, the Reds now apparently present a madness offer.
    It's gonna be a mad ting.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #2592  
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,674
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    First paragraph google translation:



    It's gonna be a mad ting.
    It says we offered 65 mil Euros and are ready to come with a second offer of 80 mils. Nothing new there.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #2593  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53,759
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    Mate if he didn't want to join Liverpool, we wouldn't have made a bid of over 50m. Why would we bid for a player, never mind a bid over 50m, if we don't even know if he wants to join us? Naby isn't going to state anything publicly because that's unprofessional.

    I'm not dismissing reports saying he won't leave (although I don't believe him). I'm dismissing the manager claiming Keita is happy at Leipzig. Because it's obviously untrue, and it's generic manager talk - he's hardly going to say anything else.
    Yes I understand that but that doesnt mean he isn't happy at his club and wouldn't acquiesce with their decision to turn down our offer and tell him he has to stay another year. Not every player will kick up a fuss or refuse to play or whichever tactic he might use to try to force through a move.

    The player can be happy at his club, happy to stay if a deal doesnt go through, and also happy to join Liverpool. Because a player wants to consider a move to another club does then not always mean he is unhappy where he is.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #2594  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53,759
    Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    Apparently, we have offered € 80 million. Read this in a German media thing on the internet.

    http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bun...**-keita_79891
    If true, I think that would be accepted.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #2595  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61,165
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    If true, I think that would be accepted.
    If that doesn't I don't think we will go much further
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #2596  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    If that doesn't I don't think we will go much further
    It's possible but I'd be very surprised.

    Where do you go after a 70m bid? You can't just add another 5m because I dont think that would make a dent, and then 80m is getting into absurd figures. It's possible we could offer slightly more with a different structure. Either giving them more add-ons, or it could be the same amount with the fewer but larger payments made over a single year.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #2597  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    45,491
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    It's possible but I'd be very surprised.

    Where do you go after a 70m bid? You can't just add another 5m because I dont think that would make a dent, and then 80m is getting into absurd figures. It's possible we could offer slightly more with a different structure. Either giving them more add-ons, or it could be the same amount with the fewer but larger payments made over a single year.
    If we go to 70, I see us going to 80 to get it done.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #2598  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,981
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    If true, I think that would be accepted.
    € 80 million has always been the asking price as far as I'm aware, and it's also been obvious that they won't sell him for less

    We either want him at that price or we don't. So why is this taking so long to get done ?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #2599  
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    798
    Agree , unfortunately as much as we try , players seem not to want to come to Liverpool ??/ I do not believe we will get Keita , at any price because the Leipzig owner does NOT want to sell . I also believe we will not get VVD , mainly because of the horrendous way Liverpool went about business , jumping the gun ?? Ideally had we have carried out the request correctly VVD was the ideal addition for Liverpool ??
    As much as Klopp professes that we have the money to buy top players and we need to be patient ( Time is running out)) , it appears our transfer negotiation team don't have the ability to be able to carry them through ?? except for the lesser deals like Robinson from Hull ?? which really does highlight the ambition of our beloved Liverpool for the new season being NIL. We still have a really good squad , good enough for a top 4 slot again , but that's about best we could hope at the moment . Lets hope things behind the scenes start to move forward a bit over the next week or so
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    I think RB Leipzig director board won't give in neither for 70m!!

    I think at the end of the day we are loosing this tug of war, we have to accept it and veer on a plan B!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #2600  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,736
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsy71 View Post
    Agree , unfortunately as much as we try , players seem not to want to come to Liverpool ??/ I do not believe we will get Keita , at any price because the Leipzig owner does NOT want to sell . I also believe we will not get VVD , mainly because of the horrendous way Liverpool went about business , jumping the gun ?? Ideally had we have carried out the request correctly VVD was the ideal addition for Liverpool ??
    As much as Klopp professes that we have the money to buy top players and we need to be patient ( Time is running out)) , it appears our transfer negotiation team don't have the ability to be able to carry them through ?? except for the lesser deals like Robinson from Hull ?? which really does highlight the ambition of our beloved Liverpool for the new season being NIL. We still have a really good squad , good enough for a top 4 slot again , but that's about best we could hope at the moment . Lets hope things behind the scenes start to move forward a bit over the next week or so
    What the **** is your problem with quoting
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #2601  
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    If we don't get him now maybe we could come to an arrangement that when the go out of the Champions League (if before winter transfer window) they will agree to sell him. That might pacify Liverpool and RBS
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #2602  
    foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    30,260
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    It will.

    When was the last time we bid a significant amount for a player, who we didn't end up getting? And how often does that happen?

    Before anyone says Texieira we could have got him if Klopp really wanted him - FSG were prepared to go higher but Klopp didn't want to. It's different here - Klopp seems to want Keita at any price.

    At the end of the day, as a football club, we very rarely bid for players unless we're confident of signing them, or unless the selling club gives some sort of indication they're willing to negotiate.

    The Leipzig PR talk today was all generic stuff from their manager. It means nothing. He said Keita was happy at Leipzig - we all know the manager was blatantly lying.

    The more significant development, is that Kaveh from Sky Sports News said that senior figures at Leipzig want to sell him.

    At the end of the day,

    A) Keita is desperate for Liverpool
    B) The most important people at Leipzig want to sell him


    There's only one outcome.

    James Ward-Prowse.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that!

    Quote Originally Posted by Q80 View Post
    The30Duke (@DukeLFC)
    7/18/17, 11:21 AM
    Keita, "I'll dedicate my first Champions League match to him. He's never been to Leipzig, and I'll invite and gift this match to him." #LFC


    The30Duke (@DukeLFC)
    7/18/17, 11:21 AM
    Keita: "He told me early on that I will play in the Champions League one day."
    Last edited by foreverred-1973; 18-7-17 at 10:12.
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #2603  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53,759
    Who is he talking about in this interview,and when was it?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #2604  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26,767
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Who is he talking about in this interview,and when was it?
    He's talking about Jesus.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #2605  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    121,764
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Who is he talking about in this interview,and when was it?
    His father, I think.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #2606  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    His father, I think.
    Naby Keita has said he will fly his father in from Guinea for his Champions League debut with RB Leipzig.

    Having been linked with Liverpool throughout the summer, Keita, 22, instead resumed team training at Leipzig last week, and for now appears to be set to stay in Germany for another season.

    Despite suggestions Liverpool will meet his reported €80 million price tag, a Leipzig club source told ESPN FC this week that the German side "will not enter into negotiations at all."

    The Guinea international is therefore set to make his Champions League debut with Leipzig in September, and he has already made plans to invite his dad, Sekou Keita, to the Zentralstadion for the match.

    "I'll dedicate my first Champions League match to him," Keita said in German tabloid Bild. "He's never been to Leipzig, and I'll invite and gift this match to him."

    Sekou Keita, a former footballer in Guinea's lower leagues, still lives in the African country's capital Conakry, and his son added that "he always believed in me."

    Keita said: "He told me early on that I will play in the Champions League one day."
    ESPN quoting Bild.

    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/rb-le...s-league-debut
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #2607  
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    His father, I think.
    What do you think of Jean Michael Seri from Nice given the no go situation with Keita?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #2608  
    Red-And-Proud is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    37,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    No big deal, he can just watch him play with Liverpool in the CL
    Klopps beard twin
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #2609  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    121,764
    Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    What do you think of Jean Michael Seri from Nice given the no go situation with Keita?
    Like Wijnaldum, I think he's terribly lazy defensively.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #2610  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    53,759
    Doesn't sound like a fella ready to force through a move, tbf.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •