Closed Thread
Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2976

Thread: Naby Keita

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Have you got a link to that mate?
    Just going by the Anfield hq tweets
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I hope that when we eventually do get Keita, which I am sure that we will, people on here are not let down by him. The longer we have to wait to get him, the more anxious supporters become, until his arrival at LFC is an anti-climax. Having him prepared during pre-season is of prime importance. If we wait until after the season starts in August for him to come, it will take even longer for him to integrate and for the midfield to gel.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    Just going by the Anfield hq tweets
    Will check it out, cheers.

[QUOTE=foreverred-1973;12649659]I don't know, what to make of all this bla bla bla.[/QUOTE

Time to start greasing some palms with some serious dosh behind the scenes.

They're all pros, Keita has a price, all players do.

Red-And-Proud is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Toredo View Post
    I hope that when we eventually do get Keita, which I am sure that we will, people on here are not let down by him. The longer we have to wait to get him, the more anxious supporters become, until his arrival at LFC is an anti-climax. Having him prepared during pre-season is of prime importance. If we wait until after the season starts in August for him to come, it will take even longer for him to integrate and for the midfield to gel.
    Could take him a season, half a season or one match- every signing is a gamble in this respect
    Klopps beard twin

Quote Originally Posted by Toredo View Post
    What makes u think we will get him? All i have read is that the club arent willing to negotiate what so ever. I think we should do everything we can to get him, but i dont see this happening in this transferwindow, and by the next transferwindow a lot of bigger clubs will be all over him after seeing him in CL. We need to get him in now, or we wont get him in at all. We cant leave things as they are, and once we have signed someone they wont just be required till Keita is available.

I hope your right, but i just havent seen any signs of it happening.

No, they're obviously trying to keep hold of their best player.
    But they know they're not going to. Hence Sky Sports saying that "senior figures at Leipzig now want to sell Naby Keita to Liverpool".

Saying Naby Keita is comfortable at Leipzig is a blatant lie and a blatant attempt to appease their fans mate, that's all I was saying.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    It's weird how people have accused us of making statements "purely for PR", but then not assuming it could be exactly the same from RB.

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    But they know they're not going to. Hence Sky Sports saying that "senior figures at Leipzig now want to sell Naby Keita to Liverpool".

Saying Naby Keita is comfortable at Leipzig is a blatant lie and a blatant attempt to appease their fans mate, that's all I was saying.
    Have they actually said that then?

Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    I always go back to Steve Bruce and Brum with Pennant when i think of public comments over a player we want.

Tuesday night, Bruce, "Jermaine is a key player for us, he isn't for sale at all at any price, we are looking to strengthen and add to him and no bids will be entertained at all".

Wednesday afternoon, Brum accept bid from Liverpool, tea time he's in Liverpool for a medical and he signed not long after and unveiled the next day.

Moral of the story is take public comments with a pinch of salt and like Bruce was clubs and managers will always show defiance until such time as a deal suits them to sell as one may never come.
    Last edited by Gazza74; 17-7-17 at 15:13.

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post

They're never gonna say anything other than the party line, imagine one of them saying "well he's happy but you never know if them cheeky arsed scousers make another bid"

I get their "stance" but they're ready to dance trust me

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    They're never gonna say anything other than the party line, imagine one of them saying "well he's happy but you never know if them cheeky arsed scousers make another bid"

I get their "stance" but they're ready to dance trust me
    Yeh, exactly, you often find that those who have to constantly come out with this are the ones who end up selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    Yeh, exactly, you often find that those who have to constantly come out with this are the ones who end up selling.
    Unless they're serious about it, which you'd expect from a club who have turned down a 57 million bid for him already.

Unless they're serious about it, which you'd expect from a club who have turned down a 57 million bid for him already.
    Of course, we'll find out come September 1st or earlier.

Of course, we'll find out come September 1st or earlier.
    Well they obviously are serious about it. It's obviously not just a front as others have suggested.

Well they obviously are serious about it. It's obviously not just a front as others have suggested.
    Hang on, which bit are they serious about? The not selling him no matter what?

I think i've misunderstood the convo above maybe when i quoted ayles..

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Truth is nobody knows for sure 100%

Hang on, which bit are they serious about? The not selling him no matter what?

I think i've misunderstood the convo above maybe when i quoted ayles..
    Yeah I'm pretty sure they mean it when they say that. I think it genuinely makes it significantly less likely that we'll see him in our shirt. And the position we're in doesn't speak to the feeling that we'll get this done.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they mean it when they say that. I think it genuinely makes it significantly less likely that we'll see him in our shirt. And the position we're in doesn't speak to the feeling that we'll get this done.
    Well, if they sell him then it was a front, not unusual though and we've seen it many times before.

But yeh, if he is wearing a Leipzig shirt next season then they were serious and fair play to them for holding on to their best player for one more season.

Well, if they sell him then it was a front, not unusual though and we've seen it many times before.

But yeh, if he is wearing a Leipzig shirt next season then they were serious and fair play to them for holding on to their best player for one more season.
    That doesn't follow. If they do sell him then it will have been in spite of themselves and simply because we offered the kind of money that they'd be crazy to turn down. Selling him doesn't mean it was a front at all.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    That doesn't follow. If they do sell him then it will have been in spite of themselves and simply because we offered the kind of money that they'd be crazy to turn down. Selling him doesn't mean it was a front at all.
    Surely 'not for sale at any price' is a front if you then go on to sell him at any price?

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    Surely 'not for sale at any price' is a front if you then go on to sell him at any price?
    By 'a front' I'm referring to the idea that all they're trying to do is appease their fans instead of holding onto the player. Their aim is to keep him. They're doing what they can to make that happen.

Red-And-Proud is online now First team regular
    They said he is not for sale at any price (didn't say it would have to be crazy money)
    Klopps beard twin

True, but I agree with what Gazza said in the second part of his post. You can't blame them for wanting to hold onto him and full credit is due if they manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    True, but I agree with what Gazza said in the second part of his post. You can't blame them for wanting to hold onto him and full credit is due if they manage it.
    Oh I can't blame them at all. He's a brilliant player. That's why the idea expressed by others - that they're just putting on a show for their supporters - is so unlikely. The most reasonable explanation is that they're desperate to hold onto one of Europe's brightest midfield talents.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    By 'a front' I'm referring to the idea that all they're trying to do is appease their fans instead of holding onto the player. Their aim is to keep him. They're doing what they can to make that happen.
    Ah okay, misunderstood. Yes I'd be inclined to agree. I don't believe this idea that they've already accepted he's going and are just trying to save face. They're trying to keep him, but I do personally believe they'll eventually relent, assuming we really are willing to reach around 70m.

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    They said he is not for sale at any price (didn't say it would have to be crazy money)
    No but I'm saying that telling us that is done so with the express aim of keeping the player, whereas others are claiming it's all an act to make the fans think that they're putting up a fight. And others are saying that from this position the signing tends to be completed - despite the fact that the position we're currently in is having had one bid rejected and being told on more than one occasion that he's not for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    Ah okay, misunderstood. Yes I'd be inclined to agree. I don't believe this idea that they've already accepted he's going and are just trying to save face. They're trying to keep him, but I do personally believe they'll eventually relent, assuming we really are willing to reach around 70m.
    No worries, I didn't make clear enough what I meant. There is definitely a price for which they'll sell and to say otherwise just isn't true. That's why the 'he's unavailable' argument just doesn't cut it, as I've said in many previous windows. Ultimately I'm saying they're obviously desperate to get the player and the position that we're in at the moment isn't particularly strong. Whether that changes remains to be seen, of course, but this doesn't look promising at this particular stage.

I think i've gotten involved in a convo i didn't mean to here. I agree it is not really a front, but public comments can often be taken with a pinch of salt even if serious. Absolutely though, Keita is not coming here as of today, up to us or him or both to change that.

I think i've gotten involved in a convo i didn't mean to here. I agree it is not really a front, but public comments can often be taken with a pinch of salt even if serious. Absolutely though, Keita is not coming here as of today, up to us or him or both to change that.
    Fair enough mate. I think the position we're in isn't currently a very strong one - obviously that could change, and I sincerely hope it does - but at the moment I'm not so optimistic.