Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson Thread

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by trinired View Post
    I will admit hes stepped up a gear,but to call him a 8/10 player is just preposturous,case in point,when he over hit the ball on saturday the whole or most of the stadium was moaning,it took the manager to get the fans,onside again.

All Liverpool’s midfield players worked hard but showed hardly any of the guile that was needed to break down their opponents. With Coutinho sidelined, there just wasn’t enough from the captain to help make the breakthrough. Some of his passing was wayward to say the least.

[…]

Even less adventurous than Henderson, Wijnaldum always played the safest ball possible and against better opposition might have been exposed as a weak link.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/11...-0-sunderland/
    Imagine that, describing exactly what I wrote and I got banned for it. Priceless.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    so its hendos fault we didnt beat southampton.... just to be clear.....

because hendo from defensive midfielder role didnt create enough...

never mind the five attackers in front of him... it was all hendo s fault

not manes fault...... or firminos or gini or emre,..... none of those four could possibgly have done anything different

must be hendos fault
    No one said it was his fault. However he has a responsibility to move the ball forward with 20 yards of free space and the game being tied and in extra time - not pass it off to his Cb.

And for the record. A holding or DM can and do carry the ball forward. They don't just sit between the Cbs.

not manes fault...... or firminos or gini or emre,..... none of those four could possibgly have done anything different

must be hendos fault
    Keep yr knickers on,where in my post did i specify that it was his fault ?

must be hendos fault
    no it wasn't hendos fault that's just a ridiculous exaggeration

yea I don't think you totally grasped the notion of what 11v11 means

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    no it wasn't hendos fault that's just a ridiculous exaggeration

yea I don't think you totally grasped the notion of what 11v11 means
    or you sarcasm

Nutall4captain is offline Armchair supporter
    I'm amazed this guy's performances don't get discussed here more, the LFCTV discussion thread is massive. I've not rated him for ages, and as a season ticket holder paying into the club I don't hide behind some holier than thou notion just because he is captain. Is it only me who is constantly amazed by his methods on the pitch - namely to pass asap once he gets the ball, and usually backwards. Before anyone quotes he has the best passing stats, that's exactly why!! Gives the second he gets the ball, contribution zero. And why does he never take the ball forward even when there is a 20m gap in front of him? Because he has no ability which was shown up yesterday very nicely. He did two good passes up field but then as a prem player (and bizarrely England also) that should be standard. At least MOTD2 picked up on his 2 errors which gave Bournemouth 2 goals. I'm not a huge Can fan but blimey does he try in comparison. He should be dropped at the minimum, Milner into centre as captain and replace him at LB with a new signing (despite his brilliant performances there). Failing that Lucas does more. Come on Klopp, make a statement!!
    Last edited by Nutall4captain; 5-12-16 at 13:25.

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutall4captain View Post
    I'm amazed this guy's performances don't get discussed here more, the LFCTV discussion thread is massive. I've not rated him for ages, and as a season ticket holder paying into the club I don't hide behind some holier than thou notion just because he is captain. Is it only me who is constantly amazed by his methods on the pitch - namely to pass asap once he gets the ball, and usually backwards. Before anyone quotes he has the best passing stats, that's exactly why!! Gives the second he gets the ball, contribution zero. And why does he never take the ball forward even when there is a 20m gap in front of him? Because he has no ability which was shown up yesterday very nicely. He did two good passes up field but then as a prem player (and bizarrely England also) that should be standard. At least MOTD2 picked up on his 2 errors which gave Bournemouth 2 goals. I'm not a huge Can fan but blimey does he try in comparison. He should be dropped at the minimum, Milner into centre as captain and replace him at LB with a new signing (despite his brilliant performances there). Failing that Lucas does more. Come on Klopp, make a statement!!
    Completely agree. The most invisible and ineffective captain I can remember.
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017

He has had a really good seasons so far, and he had a good first half yesterday, but ended up capitulating just like the rest of the team.
    Typically though the trolls all come out speaking total crap and being very insulting to our players as soon as we lose a game or two.

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    He has had a really good seasons so far, and he had a good first half yesterday, but ended up capitulating just like the rest of the team.
    Typically though the trolls all come out speaking total crap and being very insulting to our players as soon as we lose a game or two.
    He has had an average at best season so far, just because WE have had a good season doesn't mean Henderson has. If it wasn't for our attack you would be talking crap about Henderson too, but I don't work like that. I see through the BS.
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    He has had an average at best season so far, just because WE have had a good season doesn't mean Henderson has. If it wasn't for our attack you would be talking crap about Henderson too, but I don't work like that. I see through the BS.
    He has played really well and played a big part in many of our wins, after last season where he didnt do that much and his development seem to stand still, he is now improving once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutall4captain View Post
    You don't say...

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Completely agree. The most invisible and ineffective captain I can remember.
    Open your eyes lad

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Agreed

Your just lashing out at people because we've lost we're all disappointed but get real it happens

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Didn't the commentator say yesterday he's been the best midfielder in the pl this season I wonder why. .

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Your just lashing out at people because we've lost we're all disappointed but get real it happens
    this,,,

losing hurts......

but thats good

now 9-0 v west ham

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Didn't the commentator say yesterday he's been the best midfielder in the pl this season I wonder why. .
    dont mind pundits or football experts opinions... they know nothing.. all idiots

or stats , they re useless.......

been saying all season...hendo is not a captain.

No chance. Henderson has played well at times this season, no doubt about it, but not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    No chance. Henderson has played well at times this season, no doubt about it, but not the best.
    That's a very restrained and polite way of putting it.

this,,,

losing hurts......

but thats good

now 9-0 v west ham

Is that the half-time score, then?

Let's just say what he said is far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Let's just say what he said is far from the truth.
    Statistics say yes

Statistics say yes
    We can make stats paint any story we want, the facts are he is far from the best midfielder in the premiership.

We can make stats paint any story we want, the facts are he is far from the best midfielder in the premiership.
    Best form and best midfielder are two completely different things.

Best form and best midfielder are two completely different things.
    Look at what you posted and what I replied to.

Even if we were talking about form it would still not be true.

Been a huge fan of Henderson he joined us, have defended him for so long on here.

I was gobsmacked how well adapted the deep defensive midfield role, didn't think he had the discipline to play that role and I felt that we lost his energy and he's work rate as a box to box central midfielder

I'm so glad that he's actually blossoming in the role and I expect after Bournemouth game that the critics will be out yet again for him

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Been a huge fan of Henderson he joined us, have defended him for so long on here.

I was gobsmacked how well adapted the deep defensive midfield role, didn't think he had the discipline to play that role and I felt that we lost his energy and he's work rate as a box to box central midfielder

I'm so glad that he's actually blossoming in the role and I expect after Bournemouth game that the critics will be out yet again for him
    The whole team deserves criticism not just him. His performances in general has improved that's about as much as I can say.

Nutall4captain is offline Armchair supporter
    I'm no troll Dilkington, I pay a grand a year to the club for season ticket plus the rest and criticism is the balancing act with praise where it is due. For him it isnt. The Echo and other praise is ridiculous. I heard he made 1000 passes in the prem now. Of course he did 99.9% of them BACKWARDS or sidewards to players 5m from him. That is where stats are absurd. He was at fault for 2 goals against Bournemouth. But do not rely on me just moaning about this one game, he does the 'pass as quick as I can' thing every single game. He must be benched at minimum. Are the fans of him seriously suggesting there isn't better out there that would enhance the team?

Look at what you posted and what I replied to.

Even if we were talking about form it would still not be true.
    I know I'm just saying mate.