Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nutall4captain View Post
    I'm no troll Dilkington, I pay a grand a year to the club for season ticket plus the rest and criticism is the balancing act with praise where it is due. For him it isnt. The Echo and other praise is ridiculous. I heard he made 1000 passes in the prem now. Of course he did 99.9% of them BACKWARDS or sidewards to players 5m from him. That is where stats are absurd. He was at fault for 2 goals against Bournemouth. But do not rely on me just moaning about this one game, he does the 'pass as quick as I can' thing every single game. He must be benched at minimum. Are the fans of him seriously suggesting there isn't better out there that would enhance the team?
    Henderson shouldn't be in the team never mind be captain of the club. He isn't good enough.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    I'm no troll Dilkington, I pay a grand a year to the club for season ticket plus the rest and criticism is the balancing act with praise where it is due. For him it isnt. The Echo and other praise is ridiculous. I heard he made 1000 passes in the prem now. Of course he did 99.9% of them BACKWARDS or sidewards to players 5m from him. That is where stats are absurd. He was at fault for 2 goals against Bournemouth. But do not rely on me just moaning about this one game, he does the 'pass as quick as I can' thing every single game. He must be benched at minimum. Are the fans of him seriously suggesting there isn't better out there that would enhance the team?
    Reading the threads I am beginning to think I must have fell asleep or something, Hendo was at fault for 2, Origi at fault for 2, Lovren 2 and Karius 2 more, Milner give away a pen and Lucas had a shocker, not exactly sure what the score was now but it has to be our biggest ever defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Reading the threads I am beginning to think I must have fell asleep or something, Hendo was at fault for 2, Origi at fault for 2, Lovren 2 and Karius 2 more, Milner give away a pen and Lucas had a shocker, not exactly sure what the score was now but it has to be our biggest ever defeat.
    it was a shocker!

I've never been a fan of Hendo and in all probability never will, however, it was 11 v 11 and they outsmarted us for 20 minutes and put the fear of losing into our entire team and we lost because of that.

It wasn't Hendo alone v 11 that cost us the game, it was sheer pressure and exploiting our vulnerable back line and gone to sleep midfield. It happens to the best of teams and will happen again.

Like Klopp said, we were at 100% now we are at 99%, we must just get back up, take the knock and come back stronger.

I'm waiting to see if the lesson was learned, (we have not won anything yet, stay hungry), as the loss could galvanize us to go on another 12 game no loss run and all on here will be singing a very different tune.

We lost, yes it was silly, it's past...move on and do't scape goat one player when it was a comedy of errors and anxiety that made them implode.

Total Post: 2
    Both made after a defeat and aimed at criticizing Henderson. Try harder at trolling.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Henderson shouldn't be in the team never mind be captain of the club. He isn't good enough.
    yes drop hendo for stewart

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    isnt it cruel that people always go to the same laborious argument even if its not longer valid

hendo has played at least 3 very qyuick thinking balls out to the wings ending in goials.... very early very dire ctly forward passes

but meh he passes sideways and back too much,.,.. not progressive enough as a dm.,... should be hanging in their six yard box ala lineker

Would henderson get into the BVB team under klopp ?

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    Comical.

Henderson has been doing just fine. I'm not his biggest fan, but he's done quite well.

He's a player that needs to be part of a well oiled machine that operates at full strength for him to truly contribute. When things aren't going great Henderson is not the player to turn to, and is unlikely to ever be such a player.

Sometimes these threads are bumped for point scoring. Can he be upgraded? Yes. Has he contributed to our solid start to the season? Yes.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Foolish words

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Foolish words
    Indeed, he's playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Comical.
    i ve heard people genuinely suggesting it

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Indeed, he's playing well.
    We have half a dozen players we need to think about before worrying about Hendo

Foolish words
    wasnt serious ray..... hendo starts

Wouldn't have said that many Ray, six maybe.

canookiewookie is offline Academy prospect
    What half dozen?

isnt it cruel that people always go to the same laborious argument even if its not longer valid

hendo has played at least 3 very qyuick thinking balls out to the wings ending in goials.... very early very dire ctly forward passes

but meh he passes sideways and back too much,.,.. not progressive enough as a dm.,... should be hanging in their six yard box ala lineker
    Stop talking like he's stuck in front of the Cbs and isn't allowed to move. He make simple passes when he's got time but when he doesn't he's the safest player in England. I've never seen a player pass off the ball under pressure more than Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    What half dozen?
    lucas lovren ragnar sakho moreno and mignolet

Stop talking like he's stuck in front of the Cbs and isn't allowed to move. He make simple passes when he's got time but when he doesn't he's the safest player in England. I've never seen a player pass off the ball under pressure more than Henderson.
    he s not pirlo or alonso or modric(who played dm in madrids last game).... we know this.... he s not the most adventurous on the ball...... and yes under pressure in tight areas he can flummox a little, suprisingly not to many teams have gotten to him....... you would expect it to be a tactic, squeeze hendo every time he gets it...

his engine in this team and particularly his recovery pace against opponents breaks is where his strengths help... he can do things that neither prilo nor alonso could do also.....so i think this deep role suits him.. if he is given space and time he can pass the ball aswell as anyone....

doesnt mean i wouldnt like to see a midfield 3 of emre behind giuni and adam at some point but right now i dont think hendo is the biggest problem we ve got....... there arent many dms putperforming him in the epl this year... kante maybe but thats about it, maybe fernandinho maybe
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 6-12-16 at 20:03.

What's wrong with passing the ball when under pressure?

Went back to being useless at the weekend.

kinda the idea isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by trinired View Post
    Would henderson get into the BVB team under klopp ?
    What has that got to do with it

he s not pirlo or alonso or modric(who played dm in madrids last game).... we know this.... he s not the most adventurous on the ball...... and yes under pressure in tight areas he can flummox a little, suprisingly not to many teams have gotten to him....... you would expect it to be a tactic, squeeze hendo every time he gets it...

his engine in this team and particularly his recovery pace against opponents breaks is where his strengths help... he can do things that neither prilo nor alonso could do also.....so i think this deep role suits him.. if he is given space and time he can pass the ball aswell as anyone....

doesnt mean i wouldnt like to see a midfield 3 of emre behind giuni and adam at some point but right now i dont think hendo is the biggest problem we ve got....... there arent many dms putperforming him in the epl this year... kante maybe but thats about it
    I'm not saying he's the biggest problem. But all this nonsense of how well he's playing, best mf player this year etc.. Is crazy. He's taken his position well but over exaggerating what he does is way too common here.

Wouldn't have said that many Ray, six maybe.

Exactly what a team needs a player afraid to make something happen under pressure.

I can see all the Cl teams calling right now.

I'm not saying he's the biggest problem. But all this nonsense of how well he's playing, best mf player this year etc.. Is crazy. He's taken his position well but over exaggerating what he does is way too common here.
    the biggest problem is hendo is never going to be captain fantastic and pull out a 25 yard pearler when we re 2-1 down 93rd minute ala stevei..

so as soon as we lose lets bash hendo as captain, he didnt resuce us like stevie used to wah wah wah...