Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson Thread

1. #1 Jordan Henderson Jordan Henderson Thread 
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    A thread to discuss all things Hendo related.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Tough to complain given his form, his involvement in the team, being the captain, how we're playing, and where we sit in the league.

But by god, a few people will try.

I have a image in my mind ,Henderson holding the league trophy high , what a moment that would be.

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Tough to complain given his form, his involvement in the team, being the captain, how we're playing, and where we sit in the league.

But by god, a few people will try.
    When ** team is searching for a goal like in the Southampton game and your captain has the ball with a good 20 yards in front of him and passes the ball to a Cb instead of going forward, that is a problem.

At the very least it was one point gained right? Or was it two points dropped?

Now there is no way to say if he went forward with the ball we would have won but I'd bet chances of winning improve when u r attacking the oppositions net as opposed to passing it sideways to a Cb.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    When ** team is searching for a goal like in the Southampton game and your captain has the ball with a good 20 yards in front of him and passes the ball to a Cb instead of going forward, that is a problem.

Now there is no way to say if he went forward with the ball we would have won but I'd bet chances of winning improve when u r attacking the oppositions net as opposed to passing it sideways to a Cb.
    We had plenty of clear cut chances to have won that game by 3 or 4 goals.

Blaming Jordan is petty...at best.

If this is going to be your style of contribution to this thread, then I wouldn't bother.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    We had plenty of clear cut chances to have won that game by 3 or 4 goals.

Blaming Jordan is petty...at best.

If this is going to be your style of contribution to this thread, then I wouldn't bother.
    Agree.

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred

You sure do find a stick to beat him with at all times.

Henderson has been excellent this season, and anybody who denies that just has some sort of agenda with the lad.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DFK6 View Post
    Henderson has been excellent this season, and anybody who denies that just has some sort of agenda with the lad.
    this

considering hes taken over from steven gerrard as club captain he s not doing to bad in his own right as club captain now

8/10 every week....... well done hendo...

I knew Hendo was a divisive figure, but starting a war between Canadians? Impressive...

He's just gone up in my estimation!
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Must have missed the times when opponents were scared out of their skin because of Busquets or Kante's dribbling and attacking dangerous areas.

Henderson is doing his job well at the moment. Not to say that he can't be upgraded on but you will find very few players in the Premier League able to do what he does for us currently.

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 28-11-16 at 19:43. Reason: constantly seeking to provoke

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Hendo has been quality all season

Hendo is a carra in CM for us in terms of consistency and giving everything.

He even looks a bit like him!

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    I will admit and I was wrong about two players from last season doing the business this season and so far I am eating humble pie.

Hendo was one. But stupid me, a fully fit Hendo is MUCH better than the injured, broken one from last season. I should have known better.

Now, he has been *********** excellent!

And for the record, I thought Wookies had more sense than that!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Not a hendo fan but can not say anything bad about him so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppite007 View Post
    Not a hendo fan but can not say anything bad about him so far this season.
    Henderson just like James Milner has reinvented himself and whilst doing so has not put a foot wrong. In fact neither have. Both have shown real class and professionalism in doing so and it's a real credit to both.

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    I will admit and I was wrong about two players from last season doing the business this season and so far I am eating humble pie.

Hendo was one. But stupid me, a fully fit Hendo is MUCH better than the injured, broken one from last season. I should have known better.

Now, he has been *********** excellent!

And for the record, I thought Wookies had more sense than that!
    Hendo and Lallana are my two favourites both have unbelievable work rate

Nice to see someone admitting they may have got a players wrong.................Fair Play Mac
    To be fair vi used to had doubts about Firmnino but have been very impressed this season

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Hendo and Lallana are my two favourites both have unbelievable work rate

Nice to see someone admitting they may have got a players wrong.................Fair Play Mac
    To be fair vi used to had doubts about Firmnino but have been very impressed this season
    Maybe it was a case of different managers, different ideas. Seems every player seems settled and at home at Liverpool this season. They all know their jobs. For instance we have Hendo knowing he won't be paying right back this season!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthak kesar View Post
    I have a image in my mind ,Henderson holding the league trophy high , what a moment that would be.
    Now that is something that I would give everything to see. All my Christmases would come at once to see him go collect that trophy and plant a big smacker on it before hoisting it aloft. Picture Sky Sports and Martin Tyler and our 3rd goal against Middlesbrough.....What a way to crown the new champions!, The trophy presentation gets underway.....They're the cream of the crop.......They are......Liverpool!.

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    Now that is something that I would give everything to see. All my Christmases would come at once to see him go collect that trophy and plant a big smacker on it before hoisting it aloft. Picture Sky Sports and Martin Tyler and our 3rd goal against Middlesbrough.....What a way to crown the new champions!, The trophy presentation gets underway.....They're the cream of the crop.......They are......Liverpool!.
    Nah, they're gonna hand us the damn thing after the Southampton game.

I will admit hes stepped up a gear,but to call him a 8/10 player is just preposturous,case in point,when he over hit the ball on saturday the whole or most of the stadium was moaning,it took the manager to get the fans,onside again.

All Liverpool’s midfield players worked hard but showed hardly any of the guile that was needed to break down their opponents. With Coutinho sidelined, there just wasn’t enough from the captain to help make the breakthrough. Some of his passing was wayward to say the least.

[…]

Even less adventurous than Henderson, Wijnaldum always played the safest ball possible and against better opposition might have been exposed as a weak link.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/11...-0-sunderland/

Jordan's been wonderful this season, the stand out performer in the league in his new position. It's a credit to the man and shows what a lovely human being he is.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xdt0kddoQ

Quote Originally Posted by DFK6 View Post
    Must admit I have never been entirely convinced by him, but he's not looking out of place in a side doing well so fair play to him
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Nah, they're gonna hand us the damn thing after the Southampton game.
    So you reckon we'll be champions on April 29th after the Watford game?

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Quote Originally Posted by trinired View Post
    I will admit hes stepped up a gear,but to call him a 8/10 player is just preposturous,case in point,when he over hit the ball on saturday the whole or most of the stadium was moaning,it took the manager to get the fans,onside again.

All Liverpool’s midfield players worked hard but showed hardly any of the guile that was needed to break down their opponents. With Coutinho sidelined, there just wasn’t enough from the captain to help make the breakthrough. Some of his passing was wayward to say the least.

[…]

Even less adventurous than Henderson, Wijnaldum always played the safest ball possible and against better opposition might have been exposed as a weak link.

You're picking out 1 play, and the fans were moaning after each time we couldn't break down Sunderland, not just Henderson pass. They were frustrated. Because Sunderland had 11 players in their own 3rd. And we still won 2-0.

Henderson...

Love him. Will get even better, only wish he had more confidence in his shots from range. Sometimes that's exactly what is needed.
    Hopefully he is encouraged to try it more, especially against teams who park the bus.

Other than that, I have no complaints.. only praise.
    Onwards and upwards.

[…]

When Wijnaldum was with Newcastle, he was pretty much like Pogba. I'm not saying it was all about himself, but he was given free reign. Now he's in a structure and system, where it's all about the team. It's hard enough for a player to come into a new team and adopt to a new system. However it's even harder to change their playing style. He's had to be more aware and perhaps be a bit more withdrawn when it's his first instinct to bomb forward.

He can't bomb forward without checking there is someone covering the space. He said it himself that he can only push forward when one of Can, Lallana or Henderson haven't. Although the interchanging of the forwards is very impressive. The interchanging and understanding which is drilled into the midfielders is also very impressive.

[…]

so its hendos fault we didnt beat southampton.... just to be clear.....

because hendo from defensive midfielder role didnt create enough...

never mind the five attackers in front of him... it was all hendo s fault

not manes fault...... or firminos or gini or emre,..... none of those four could possibgly have done anything different

must be hendos fault

[…]

so just to be totally clear........

if coutinho doesnt do a gerrard then it is absilutely hendersons responsibilty to pick thre ball up and smash it in from 25 yards ala gerrard
    ?
    just to be clear you re not judging henderson against past captains are you? expecting mayber a superhuman player out of him?