Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 2920

Thread: Jordan Henderson Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    hopefully but hasn't Klopp already come out and said Henderson is 100% back in on Sunday?
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit mate.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

hopefully but hasn't Klopp already come out and said Henderson is 100% back in on Sunday?
    Yes he has, right after the game last night.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    Yes he has, right after the game last night.
    Who drops out I wonder, Can or Gini??

Hoping the front 4 remain at least but more likely we'll revert to 3 and henderson joining Can and GW

Hoping the front 4 remain at least but more likely we'll revert to 3 and henderson joining Can and GW
    Don't know. Our midfield usually become anonymous when he plays because he will be the one controlling the tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Don't know. Our midfield usually become anonymous when he plays because he will be the one controlling the tempo.
    I know Jurgen wants to rotate but honestly how can he make it back into the starting 11 when the current ones are doing so well

I think we're perhaps forgetting the performances of the team with henderson in it last season compared with Can marshalling the midfield (when clyne was playing) near the end of last season. Not saying emre was poor, he scored that amazing overhead kick on the run in against watford. Henderson also returned to the side mid way through the second half of last season and was very consistent producing some tremendous high energy performances at home. He showed a lot of discipline, awareness, leadership and strength to help us save a point vs chelsea fc.

He takes the captaincy when there is no clear player to be the captain and I'm sure a new captain won't be named until the manager can fully trust whoever gets the honour.

fowlers2atgrayskull is offline Academy prospect
    If he wasnít Captain I donít think he would be a starter now. Heís shown he can do it, but heís not been at a good enough level for a while now. Can should start ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    If he wasn’t Captain I don’t think he would be a starter now. He’s shown he can do it, but he’s not been at a good enough level for a while now. Can should start ahead of him.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    I think we're perhaps forgetting the performances of the team with henderson in it last season compared with Can marshalling the midfield (when clyne was playing) near the end of last season. Not saying emre was poor, he scored that amazing overhead kick on the run in against watford. Henderson also returned to the side mid way through the second half of last season and was very consistent producing some tremendous high energy performances at home. He showed a lot of discipline, awareness, leadership and strength to help us save a point vs chelsea fc.

He takes the captaincy when there is no clear player to be the captain and I'm sure a new captain won't be named until the manager can fully trust whoever gets the honour.
    Didn't we keep more clean sheets and play more solid near the end with Can as DM?Wasnt can instrumental with his goals and assists to help us qualify for top 4

I remember Henderson having 2-3 standout games and being his decent self until the front 4 stopped scoring,he is a front runner when everything is going good and honestly don't remember any moment of leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Didn't we keep more clean sheets and play more solid near the end with Can as DM?Wasnt can instrumental with his goals and assists to help us qualify for top 4

I remember Henderson having 2-3 standout games and being his decent self until the front 4 stopped scoring,he is a front runner when everything is going good and honestly don't remember any moment of leadership
    +1

There's no doubt Hendo is capable of having good games, and outstanding performances, but they only happen when the whole team is playing well. I don't remember a single one of these when the rest of the team was struggling.

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by fowlers2atgrayskull View Post
    If he wasnít Captain I donít think he would be a starter now. Heís shown he can do it, but heís not been at a good enough level for a while now. Can should start ahead of him.
    Can could be gone in a couple of games

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    It's too bad, I think he's a useful player to have.

Ray - you've been around a bit. I was making the comment that our front 4 may be close to rivalling what I consider the best front 4 - Aldridge, Barnes, Houghton, Beardsley - particularly in the way they all seem to understand each other, and play as a unit. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    +1

There's no doubt Hendo is capable of having good games, and outstanding performances, but they only happen when the whole team is playing well. I don't remember a single one of these when the rest of the team was struggling.
    Because they don't exist. He doesn't rally the team or lead by example, he shrieks and cautiously gives the ball to the nearest man coz he doesn't want to be the guy who loses the ball that leads to a goal for the other team when the game is close .Notice how when we are comfortably winning he is now everywhere, making himself available and playing more forward passes

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    It's pretty clear that the midfield area now needs addressing. Henderson, ironically, is the only member of our starting lineup that seems to be on a different page to everyone else.
    He seems to slow everything down and he doesn't seem to know which pass when. There's no pace in his passing and too much of it is sideways or backwards. Often he switches play when there's a counter on. So frustrating... Not just for fans but for the more technically gifted players in the team.
    Put yourself in the shoes of Mane, Salah or Coutinho. Is it your long term ambition to play for a club whose captain, Jordan Henderson, isn't among LFC's best players? I doubt it.
    And if Can is going too that leaves Gini, Milner and Grujic.

maybe we did keep more clean sheets

Because they don't exist. He doesn't rally the team or lead by example, he shrieks and cautiously gives the ball to the nearest man coz he doesn't want to be the guy who loses the ball that leads to a goal for the other team when the game is close .Notice how when we are comfortably winning he is now everywhere, making himself available and playing more forward passes
    This. The back pass he made in the closing minutes against Chelsea instead of passing forward to Mane to counter attack still can't get out of my mind.

BTW - I didn't think Mane would be a good captain, in the same way I never thought Suarez would be - both have a bit of a hot side to them.

That said, I read that while he was at the ACN he watched all our games and was so shocked, that when he came back he took Hendo aside, and said we have to do something, at which point Hendo held a closed door meeting, so clearly Mane has some leadership chops.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    BTW - I didn't think Mane would be a good captain, in the same way I never thought Suarez would be - both have a bit of a hot side to them.

That said, I read that while he was at the ACN he watched all our games and was so shocked, that when he came back he took Hendo aside, and said we have to do something, at which point Hendo held a closed door meeting, so clearly Mane has some leadership chops.
    If that's true it says a lot really.

This is what grates my gears,you lot makes it sound like theres no one capable of doing a better job both as capatain and as a dm as henderson

Quote Originally Posted by NewportRed1975 View Post
    If that's true it says a lot really.
    http://www.givemesport.com/1127129-h...ng-last-season

I think the original reporting may be from the Daily Mail, so may not be the most trustworthy source.

Quote Originally Posted by trinired View Post
    This is what grates my gears,you lot makes it sound like theres no one capable of doing a better job both as capatain and as a dm as henderson
    Tell you what's funny, some on here think it was cause of Can that we scored 7 last night. Take it the same people also missed all of Cans sideways and backwards passes last night. Can is no better than Hendo at anything (apart from overhead kicks maybe)

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    Tell you what's funny, some on here think it was cause of Can that we scored 7 last night. Take it the same people also missed all of Cans sideways and backwards passes last night. Can is no better than Hendo at anything (apart from overhead kicks maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    I know Jurgen wants to rotate but honestly how can he make it back into the starting 11 when the current ones are doing so well
    Because by the time our next "break" rolls around we'll have played 14 matches in 48 days. You either rotate players through the line-up or throw matches away by playing an entire "B" side.

Not to mention Wijnaldum hasn't been all that good most of the season.

I get the idea klopp is rotating emre can & Henderson in the same way he rotated salah & mane,henderson will play on sunday with emre can making way.

Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    This. The back pass he made in the closing minutes against Chelsea instead of passing forward to Mane to counter attack still can't get out of my mind.
    Great example,a leader pushes the team for one more attack to get all 3 points , Henderson seemed satisfied with not losing the game and killed momentum with that pass.Moreno had to make the pass because he knew more than our captain what was at stake

[QUOTE=Robertojones;12942475]Tell you what's funny, some on here think it was cause of Can that we scored 7 last night. Take it the same people also missed all of Cans sideways and backwards passes last night. Can is no better than Hendo at anything (apart from overhead kicks maybe)[/QUY

You seem to be alone with yr thoughts on this

To drop the captain on Wednesday was a big decision. It's rare to drop the Cap for such an important game.

Henderson has been very disappointing, gutless is the word. But we know he is very capable player, something has gone wrong here.

Great example,a leader pushes the team for one more attack to get all 3 points , Henderson seemed satisfied with not losing the game and killed momentum with that pass.Moreno had to make the pass because he knew more than our captain what was at stake
    hendo plays a lot of Direct passes, he's not really a one touch player so he's not used to laying passes off early. Henderson rather he had the play infront of him and you can't always play forward passes with the opposition pressing from deep inside their own half.

hendo plays a lot of Direct passes, he's not really a one touch player so he's not used to laying passes off early. Henderson rather he had the play infront of him and you can't always play forward passes with the opposition pressing from deep inside their own half.
    Tbh, I don't mind he play as B2B midfielder. He can do all the pressing and play all the "police & thief" game knowing there's a DM/no 6 behind to cover. Most importantly, he can come on from bench when we are winning 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Tis ok, you're deluded when it comes to this player.