Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1992

Thread: Random Football Thought of The Day VII - The Seventh Son...

  1. #1 Default Random Football Thought of The Day VII - The Seventh Son... 
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,910
    Seventh Son is the meaningful one.

    Let's get Random!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Seventh Son is the meaningful one.

    Let's get Random!
    Liverpool f.c Tower - Delta Romeo Foxtrot Tango Oscar Tango Delta Seven,cleared for takeoff,right turn approved.


    P.S - Diddler's Random Football Thought of The Day 7:snowman:
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,827
    Liverpool Failed to sign Dele Alli because Gerrard was asleep.

    The Reds had told the young midfielder they would introduce him to his childhood hero as they attempted to woo him away from MK Dons - but the club captain was asleep

    Dele Alli has revealed that Liverpool attempted to woo him by introducing him to Steven Gerrard - only for the Reds star to miss the meeting because he was having a nap.

    Alli eventually joined Tottenham from League One side MK Dons and has established himself as one of England's most promising young players at White Hart Lane.

    The 20-year-old, who considers Gerrard his idol, was the subject of interest from a number of clubs but a visit to Liverpool did not quite go as planned.

    “At the time when I was at MK there was contact with Liverpool before I signed for Tottenham, but that was before we’d even spoke to Tottenham,” Alli told BBC Football Focus. “I think it was six months before.

    “We went up there and I think they knew that Steven Gerrard was my hero, so they said he was going to come down to meet me, but when I got there he was asleep apparently.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,695
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Seventh Son is the meaningful one.

    Let's get Random!
    You already are :tonguegrey:
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Seventh Son brings 'good omen'.:snowman:

    What a game for us,what a win
    for us.Couldn't have gone any better.

    Sturridge and Mane!Ha!!:hohoho:
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,910
    Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    You already are :tonguegrey:
    That's not very nice.... especially in a brand new thread, all nice and clean.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollertoaster View Post
    Seventh Son brings 'good omen'.:snowman:

    What a game for us,what a win
    for us.Couldn't have gone any better.

    Sturridge and Mane!Ha!!:hohoho:

    Nice and sharp at the end, there! No running it out for a draw!

    Crash! Bang! Wallop!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Nice and sharp at the end, there! No running it out for a draw!

    Crash! Bang! Wallop!
    Feels as good as putting five past them D,oh yes!
    It feels so good!Beyond words.

    The victory felt very 'uplifting',may be that's the closest
    i could get summing it up.

    Just chuffed for everyone.Yey!!!!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollertoaster View Post
    Feels as good as putting five past them D,oh yes!
    It feels so good!Beyond words.

    The victory felt very 'uplifting',may be that's the closest
    i could get summing it up.

    Just chuffed for everyone.Yey!!!!!
    Spot on, Vijay! Buoyant, we are!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,221
    I am a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect

    Big Smiles
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    I am a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect

    Big Smiles
    Trust Nobody.......meaning - Trust Ron!:snowman:

    Where is Diddler,hmm!And big smiles indeed,Ron.
    The men in Red look as happy as a lark during their
    training session at Melwood a few days back.

    There is air of positivity all around.Touchwood!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollertoaster View Post
    Trust Nobody.......meaning - Trust Ron!:snowman:

    Where is Diddler,hmm!And big smiles indeed,Ron.
    The men in Red look as happy as a lark during their
    training session at Melwood a few days back.

    There is air of positivity all around.Touchwood!
    Yeah - all factions of the club seem happy today
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Yeah - all factions of the club seem happy today
    he he!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    8,279
    Seven deadly sins
    Seven ways to win
    Seven Holy paths to hell and your trip begins
    Seven downward slopes
    Seven bloodied hopes
    Seven are your burning fires
    Seven your desires!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    24,462
    Quote Originally Posted by ChivasRegal69 View Post
    Seven deadly sins
    Seven ways to win
    Seven Holy paths to hell and your trip begins
    Seven downward slopes
    Seven bloodied hopes
    Seven are your burning fires
    Seven your desires!
    ...and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,221
    One, two, three, four, five
    Everybody in the car, so come on let's ride
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,120
    Christmas Quiz!

    Name the 5 players that have scored over 32 goals in the Premiership - from outside the box

    3 are quite obvious, one a little surprising, and one is tricky!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    905
    West Bromwich Albion make 18m bid for Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin - Sky

    Should have signed for Arsenal rather than chasing the money at MU. His career has gone downhill ever since.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    One, two, three, four, five
    Everybody in the car, so come on let's ride
    Vroom....vroom!

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    Christmas Quiz!

    Name the 5 players that have scored over 32 goals in the Premiership - from outside the box

    3 are quite obvious, one a little surprising, and one is tricky!
    Umm....o.k,i'll give it a try.

    - Steven Gerrard

    - Frank Lampard

    - Ronaldo

    - Thierry Henry

    - Alan Shearer

    - David Beckham.


    I know,i have named six:snowman:
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollertoaster View Post
    Vroom....vroom!



    Umm....o.k,i'll give it a try.

    - Steven Gerrard

    - Frank Lampard

    - Ronaldo

    - Thierry Henry

    - Alan Shearer

    - David Beckham.


    I know,i have named six:snowman:
    Gerrard: 33
    Shearer: 33
    ?: 33
    Beckham: 34
    Lampard: 41

    Missing just one
    Henry and Ronaldo were wrong
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    Gerrard: 33
    Shearer: 33
    ?: 33
    Beckham: 34
    Lampard: 41

    Missing just one
    Henry and Ronaldo were wrong
    I got four of em right.Well,that's a surprise.

    So there's one more and it's not Henry or Ronaldo....hmm
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollertoaster View Post
    I got four of em right.Well,that's a surprise.

    So there's one more and it's not Henry or Ronaldo....hmm
    Yeah it's a real surprise one too
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,221
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    Gerrard: 33
    Shearer: 33
    ?: 33
    Beckham: 34
    Lampard: 41

    Missing just one
    Henry and Ronaldo were wrong
    Bale or Defoe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    Yeah it's a real surprise one too
    Yup....hehe,i think it would unfair on my part to keep taking multiple guesses
    so i'll try for one last calculated effort.

    Nolberto Solano?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Bale or Defoe
    Bale has 30+ goals from outside the box?I would be shocked.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Bale or Defoe
    No

    I have to be honest, I would never had got this! Shearer, Gerrard, Lampard were a given. Beckham was a bit of a surprise, he only scored 62 Premiership goals compared to Lampard's 170+ and Gerrard's 120 and Shearer 250+
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Bale or Defoe
    I think it's the fella who's been at Portsmouth down south and Newcastle up north
    with a whole host of clubs in between.

    Ex-Manc as well.That's all i can think of but not gonna name him.:hohoho:
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollertoaster View Post
    I think it's the fella who's been at Portsmouth down south and Newcastle up north
    with a whole host of clubs in between.

    Ex-Manc as well.That's all i can think of but not gonna name him.:hohoho:
    Ok I'm going to give it to you - it's not interesting enough to drag it out for much longer. To get it you would need to be:
    a) A real Premiership expert
    b) Good on the Google searches
    c) Watching Skysports at 8oc this morning

    Gerrard: 33
    Shearer: 33
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: 33
    Beckham: 34
    Lampard: 41
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    Ok I'm going to give it to you - it's not interesting enough to drag it out for much longer. To get it you would need to be:
    a) A real Premiership expert
    b) Good on the Google searches
    c) Watching Skysports at 8oc this morning

    Gerrard: 33
    Shearer: 33
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: 33
    Beckham: 34
    Lampard: 41
    That really is a surprise.

    Great fun this!Looking forward to the next one
    down the line.

    Cheers mate.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollertoaster View Post
    That really is a surprise.

    Great fun this!Looking forward to the next one
    down the line.

    Cheers mate.
    Yeah a bit surprise for me too

    Ok:

    Name the 4 players born after the Premiership was founded, that have scored a Premiership hattrick
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    Yeah a bit surprise for me too

    Ok:

    Name the 4 players born after the Premiership was founded, that have scored a Premiership hattrick
    Oh boy!This sounded tough the moment i finished reading it but o.k,let's try -

    - Harry Kane

    - Raheem Sterling

    - Sadio Mane

    These three have gotta be there,can't think of the last one.Hmmmm
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •