Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: If you play for Man Utd, you are world class. V2

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post

Yet there you are quoting on another thread that you happily take a draw at as you say @ Cold Trafford later this month
    A draw at Cold Trafford is a quality result do you not agree?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Its acceptable , but weve got more in our locker.
    I quoted you on the sunderland thread hence the quotation here.
    Last edited by rederman; 4-1-17 at 17:44.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Its acceptable , but weve got more in our locker.
    I quoted you on the sunderland thread hence the quotation here.
    Obviously I hope for a victory and seriously think we'll turn them over but a draw is far from a bad result

So, the FA agrees that the red card in the West Ham match was a joke...

How about they improve the referee quality before they botch things so badly in the matches instead of after the fact?

Not much attacking when you came top Anfield
    The exception rather than the rule this season.

Let's see how many shot's we have at OT Sunday week. And again when we hopefully meet up for the EFL Cup final.
    Manchester United Supporter

Another couple of dodgy decisions go the Mancs way
    Yes they were terrible decisions.

Did you rise from the dead or something .?
    You were on the missing persons list from august to November then after
    a few gritty performances Houdini announces himself to us .

Here's the score mate.
    You every bit as likely to get walloped in your own back yard by Liverpool
    as you are nicking a home victory.
    Come out and meet fire with fire and you'll will be anialted.
    What does mourinho do ?
    Tell me what's the master plan ?
    Lumping it to Ibra for the knockdown to mata or pogba?
    That's right. You know your stuff. Long ball football is one hundred percent what we've been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Good for you, mate. Support your club, as you should!

Just one thing though... could you slip Jose some 'happy' pills, or something? He's such a miserable git at times. Well, most of the time, it seems.

Good luck with your coming battle to achieve 5th place by the end of the season, by the way.
    Cheers Dave. Two points in it.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Not if we drew to Sunderland and got 2 points out of 6 in a title race or top 4 chase even it's not.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Never confident about playing Utd at Old Trafford (except when Moyes was manager). We have 16 wins in over 80 league games. We rarely play well in those games. Houllier was the only manager who had a good record against Utd.

Having said that klopp has a good record against mourinho, so something has to give. Not many draws in this league fixture in recent times but I would take a point now, as it keeps Utd at arms length. We will really miss mane for games like this as he pushes the opposition 10 yards deeper. Origi will probably start instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    Cheers Dave. Two points in it.
    Battle!!!!

Battle!!!!
    Be kind of interesting to see how United come up playing the better teams in the return. I know the next match is against us in the league. But lets see how good they REALLY are.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Be kind of interesting to see how United come up playing the better teams in the return. I know the next match is against us in the league. But lets see how good they REALLY are.
    It can unpredictable at Old Trafford. Even going back to the Ferguson years, there have been regular occurrences of 'no-hoper' sides going there and nicking a 0-1, and scuttling away back home with all the points.

And other times, a battle royal against the 'better' sides.

I'd love a Battle Royal, with us winning of course. But to see the best from both sides... good footy all around.

It can unpredictable at Old Trafford. Even going back to the Ferguson years, there have been regular occurrences of 'no-hoper' sides going there and nicking a 0-1, and scuttling away back home with all the points.

And other times, a battle royal against the 'better' sides.

I'd love a Battle Royal, with us winning of course. But to see the best from both sides... good footy all around.
    I would like to see us go there with the same attitude we had against Chelsea away this season and don't give them time to breathe. If we can do that, I think we can win it. I think we will be a bigger test than what they have faced in the past few games.

Hopefully we don't get cheated out of a player getting sent off too like the West Ham match. And we play the offside correct too against them.

They have won 6 or 7 in a row now while playing decently. We have to be cautious for this. It's also at Old Trafford so expect a difficult game there.

Because of the draw to Sunderland we HAVE to win at Old Trafford now, which isnt gonna be easy with their recent results.

We alwys do things the hard way.

United (L)
    Swansea (W)
    Chelsea (D)
    Hull (W)

7pts from our next 4 I predict. IF we can turn either the United or Chelsea result into a (W) that would be perfect!!!

Nothing to fear from United anymore.

Bring them on

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    Because of the draw to Sunderland we HAVE to win at Old Trafford now, which isnt gonna be easy with their recent results.
    Depends on the levels of our ambitions, but if we want to be right up there than pretty much right up there and title challenging we need to win pretty much every game - at least not drop silly points as we have recently
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by godworethenumber9 View Post
    Nothing to fear from United anymore.

Bring them on
    Not true.

They're much better now, and have steadily improved.

Besides, our fearsome front four from earlier in the season has been decimated ... If Phil / Sturridge aren't fit for this, I can see Utd REALLY going for it.

This season has reached the MOMENT, where we will either fall back into the pack, or stride forward.

I have a feeling losing Mane will be tougher than we can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    Not true.

They're much better now, and have steadily improved.

Besides, our fearsome front four from earlier in the season has been decimated ... If Phil / Sturridge aren't fit for this, I can see Utd REALLY going for it.

This season has reached the MOMENT, where we will either fall back into the pack, or stride forward.

I have a feeling losing Mane will be tougher than we can imagine.
    They've just come off the back of a dodgy win against west ham if their finishing was better on the day they'd have beaten United.

And they hardly blew Middlesbrough away the game before either.

Comparing our performance so far compared to theirs, I dont think we have anything to fear from them.

IF we were to lose this its likely we would drop to at least 4th possibly 5th place in the table and be only 2 points ahead of 6th placed Utd. The top is now getting very compressed - which of course means it could all change again very quickly afterwards.

We desperately need Hendo, Phil and Matip available for this - in fact we need them all for the Saints game next Wednesday. Where are they at in their recovery?
    everything in moderation, including moderation.

I've got real concerns about us missing Mané's pace. Not just this game, the whole month.

I'm sure Klopp has something up his sleeve mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RedKev68 View Post
    IF we were to lose this its likely we would drop to at least 4th possibly 5th place in the table and be only 2 points ahead of 6th placed Utd. The top is now getting very compressed - which of course means it could all change again very quickly afterwards.

We desperately need Hendo, Phil and Matip available for this - in fact we need them all for the Saints game next Wednesday. Where are they at in their recovery?
    Coutinho had a minor set back but nothing major. Matip and Henderson's injuries aren't considered serious either so it's likely we'll see them soon enough as well.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by xabi1 View Post
    I've got real concerns about us missing Mané's pace. Not just this game, the whole month.

I'm sure Klopp has something up his sleeve mind
    His arm maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    His arm maybe.
    Grab ya tinfoil hats. Mad theory alert!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    To be honest the point about Evans or failing isn't one that needs discussing in relation to United. There's no doubt Houllier, Rafa and Mourinho are successful managers and I listed in ascending order to most successful.

That's not the issue with respect to United. The calibre of manager they have in Mourinho is undoubted. He almost guarantees titles. United have appointed him on that basis. For such a big club they've been nowhere near a title race since Ferguson left.

The longer they continue that the more they have to use other methods to maintain profile. Real always remained huge because of their attractive football and Galacticos policy. They understood early that celebrity status can maintain profile.

When looking to cement your position as one of the biggest clubs in the world or the biggest the major factor is control of the transfer market. If the best players in the world want to come and play for you you're in a great position.

Real despite not always being the most successful had such style, such glamour that Ronaldo, Zidane, Raul, Redondo, Roberto Carlos would strut out onto the pitch and there was no other club like Real. Barcelona had to create a more dominant style of play that proved them superior to Real. Remember not that long ago Barcelona couldn't hold on to Figo such was Real's dominance in the transfer market over them.

Then they produced Messi and they had a youth system so good, a style so good that now Neymar and Suarez pick Barcelona over Real Madrid and that's a huge shift.

If United are not winning trophies, if they're achieving some form of success playing the Mourinho way they're still on a losing ticket in European terms. Their youth system won't prosper and the only way to support this approach is to maintain success with massive purchases.

I fully understand breaking the bank for Pogba and Zlatan's wages. However Mourinho won't last, they'll need to send heavily again and this is a feature Chelsea were happy to do. It's not a recipe for long term success.

United are 6th, they play poor football, they don't attack well, their youth system won't develop and the hope is Mourinho brings a title. That's a lot at stake for what they have sacrificed with Moyes, LVG and now Mourinho.

This may be the end of United has a major force competing for Champions League for 10 years. Quite simply the world's best players won't dream of choosing United so they can defend and bore themselves to death with Mourinho. They'll go to PSG, Real, Barca and Arsenal and City will probably rank above them unless United pay over the odds over the next few years.

Had United after Ferguson went after the biggest and most expansive management talents they could it would have been different. At that point with Ferguson's side over the hill that was the time to think big in retrospect. Instead they went for Moyes. Then they tried to build another identity under LVG who in fairness does have a philosophy. Now they're in panic mode and resorted to Mourinho who does bring success but always at a big cost.
    Pushing aside the Man Utd debate and what Mournho will or will not offer them, Brian Reade said it perfectly, the great football under Evans was a cruel illusion, he drew 11 times every season and the side was terribly inconsistent, he didn't beat Everton once, the club was run like a circus under him, players walked over all over him, out on the p*ss every night, remember the pass the pound coin game during Premier League games?

Quote Originally Posted by godworethenumber9 View Post
    They've just come off the back of a dodgy win against west ham if their finishing was better on the day they'd have beaten United.

And they hardly blew Middlesbrough away the game before either.

Comparing our performance so far compared to theirs, I dont think we have anything to fear from them.
    exactly.
    Had we beaten sunderland we would be on a 5 on the spin, as opposed to Utds 6 who as you said have stuttered they way .
    Nothing to fear and everything to gain.

That's right. You know your stuff. Long ball football is one hundred percent what we've been doing.
    Ok ,
    maybe calling them a long ball merchants is rather over the top, but your a very rigid team and thats the way Mourinho likes it,

Your best player is Marcus Rashford (a top player) and my guess is that Mourinho drop him to the bench again , and will go with the system he adopts .

Utds days as one of the great entertainers in English football is long, and you the fan are just happy with what you got
    due to the shambolic styles of Moyes and LVG previously .
    Beggers cant be choosers.

The exception rather than the rule this season.

Let's see how many shot's we have at OT Sunday week. And again when we hopefully meet up for the EFL Cup final.
    Perked up these last few weeks haven't you...................Its the old sing when your winning

Yes they were terrible decisions.
    As was the Armenians goal and Rojo not being sent off twice in recent games.......................And Maureen says the decisions go against them