Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If you play for Man Utd, you are world class. V2

1. #1 Thumbs down If you play for Man Utd, you are world class. V2 
    Submitted this since the previous thread had hit over 100 pages.

Commentators keep on calling the 3rd goal a classic Utd game. I agree with it 100%. I mean, the goalscorer being clearly offside yet the goal was allowed to stand.
    Last edited by Just A Fan; 26-12-16 at 17:34.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Yet the Special Once calls United "Unlucky". How many incidents have they got away with now?

.1. Rojo not being sent off twice.
    2. An definite elbow by Zlatan.
    3. An off-side today.

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    Yet the Special Once calls United "Unlucky". How many incidents have they got away with now?

3. An off-side today.
    I don't know why you care about a club a possible seven points behind you but your paranoia got me thinking, is it true that there is a bias towards Manchester United?

Yes is the answer according to Opta but it's the same for Liverpool and the other big clubs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...big-clubs.html
    Manchester United Supporter

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Just A Fan View Post
    Submitted this since the previous thread had hit over 100 pages.

Commentators keep on calling the 3rd goal a classic Utd game. I agree with it 100%. I mean, the goalscorer being clearly offside yet the goal was allowed to stand.

Best offside goal of the season though...
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post

Best offside goal of the season though...
    And for that reason - unfair advantage - it is not goal of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    And for that reason - unfair advantage - it is not goal of the season
    All the different angels of the offiside goal of the season here...Jose shouting "that is how you score an offside goal" to the crowd. What a master...
    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...oxing-Day.aspx

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    I don't know why you care about a club a possible seven points behind you but your paranoia got me thinking, is it true that there is a bias towards Manchester United?

Yes is the answer according to Opta but it's the same for Liverpool and the other big clubs.

It was interesting to see the analysis on BBC as to who got the rawest deal over this period....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38423001

Chelski getting it easy, saints the only team playing their games in fewer hours than us. mancs may not be right up there, but for the matter of half an hour they're outside the top six with Stoke and West Ham with only aforementioned chelski and the goners above them of the sides that are likely to be in it at the business end of the table (CL places/League)

Oh and is Savage making a late bid for t.w.a.t of the year? Reckons the league title should be given out now because of his lack of sight...... League titles are won after 33+ games not 18, had he said celtic may as well have their SPL tin pot now then I'd concur, they're only 19 points shy of matching runners-up Aberdeen's tally from last season......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38442695

Granted they are in exceptional form, but things can change just like they did from 1 point from 3 league games in September when the goners and ourselves beat them, to 12 wins on the bounce, or like citeh winning their opening SIX games before then losing 3 and drawing 3 of their next 6 games (in all competitions, 2 points from 9 in the league).

Oh and they have to come to Anfield, WHL and old trafford as well as play the goners who stuffed them 4-0 and indeed citeh albeit they beat them earlier this month when they were losing back to back games.
    People will believe what they want to believe

Does anybody know if Murdock still has shares in Man Utd because it would explain all the hype they have got and still getting over the years. It can be quite sickening at times...

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Does anybody know if Murdock still has shares in Man Utd because it would explain all the hype they have got and still getting over the years. It can be quite sickening at times...
    'Sickening' is a very appropriate description. It's also pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    It was interesting to see the analysis on BBC as to who got the rawest deal over this period....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38423001

Chelski getting it easy, saints the only team playing their games in fewer hours than us. mancs may not be right up there, but for the matter of half an hour they're outside the top six with Stoke and West Ham with only aforementioned chelski and the goners above them of the sides that are likely to be in it at the business end of the table (CL places/League)

Oh and is Savage making a late bid for t.w.a.t of the year? Reckons the league title should be given out now because of his lack of sight...... League titles are won after 33+ games not 18, had he said celtic may as well have their SPL tin pot now then I'd concur, they're only 19 points shy of matching runners-up Aberdeen's tally from last season......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38442695

Granted they are in exceptional form, but things can change just like they did from 1 point from 3 league games in September when the goners and ourselves beat them, to 12 wins on the bounce, or like citeh winning their opening SIX games before then losing 3 and drawing 3 of their next 6 games (in all competitions, 2 points from 9 in the league).

Oh and they have to come to Anfield, WHL and old trafford as well as play the goners who stuffed them 4-0 and indeed citeh albeit they beat them earlier this month when they were losing back to back games.
    To be totally honest I believe they went on their run too early. They cannot sustain it. When Arsenal did it in 2002, they won the last 14 games on the spin. Not 14 on the spin in the first 20 games.

You're right. There is tricky times ahead for Chelsea, it's how they react to a defeat. Will it be a blip or something? There is a long way to go and it's premature to suggest otherwise.

To be totally honest I believe they went on their run too early. They cannot sustain it. When Arsenal did it in 2002, they won the last 14 games on the spin. Not 14 on the spin in the first 20 games.

You're right. There is tricky times ahead for Chelsea, it's how they react to a defeat. Will it be a blip or something? There is a long way to go and it's premature to suggest otherwise.
    They're also only a key injury or two away from being a train wreck. Not sure they have viable cover for their back 3 at all and it's not great to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    They're also only a key injury or two away from being a train wreck. Not sure they have viable cover for their back 3 at all and it's not great to begin with.
    They have Zouma to come in who hasn't played since February. There is tests to come, yes they are in an enviable position and are deservedly title favourites. However all it takes is just one defeat and the wheels could come off. In all honesty, Liverpool look capable of going on that unbeaten run they were on prior to that Bournemouth defeat again.

The other good news is after January 2nd Liverpool have the least amount of away games in the league with 8. They play 10 at home in the remaining 18 games. Chelsea still have to go to Anfield on January 31st and Old Trafford on April 15th and White Hart Lane in between. There is a trip to the cowshed too.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14

3. An off-side today.
    Stuff like that gets overlooked

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14

Maureen is an embarrassment he thinks the world revolves around him

All the different angels of the offiside goal of the season here...Jose shouting "that is how you score an offside goal" to the crowd. What a master...
    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...oxing-Day.aspx
    So blatently offside.
    Linesman must have been too full of Christmas pud to keep up.

Exactly, why would anyone want to talk about United on a Liverpool site is beyond me. Maybe it is to make fun of United fans in general and the team, but who is reading this?

Exactly, why would anyone want to talk about United on a Liverpool site is beyond me. Maybe it is to make fun of United fans in general and the team, but who is reading this?
    It'll be even better if we're crowned champions. For so long we've had them lording it over us. Maybe just maybe the shoe could be on the other foot.

We've had Gary Neville waffle on that if Liverpool don't win it this time, they may not get the same opportunity for a few years. He's said the Chelsea will invest, City will invest, United will invest. Do he honestly think Liverpool will stand still?

This is Liverpool not Leicester? Leicester went backways dramatically. I do not think for one minute that a manager of the calibre of Jurgen Klopp will rest on his laurels wherever Liverpool finish the season. When he won the Bundesliga in 2011 he didn't stand still, he made Dortmund even more formidable. He won the 2012 title even more convincingly and added the German Cup too.

I'm also convinced that the boss will be backed heavily and will be allowed to flex his financial muscle. Whoever thinks otherwise is an idiot.

I don't know how people see it as the FA or refs being impartial especially when it concerns Man Utd. Earlier this season, the FA was very efficient in banning Aguero of violent conduct so that he will miss the clash against Man Utd. While Aguero fully deserved the ban, the fact that the FA acted within days instead of weeks which is the norm shows where their interests lie. MU players like Rojo also escaped being sent off twice for a two-footed challenge; an offense which Vardy was sent off for. Ibrahimovic also gets away with elbowing people.

Throw the stats whichever way you like; without context, the stat is meaningless. Perhaps the free kick awarded was too little punishment as it was too far away from the goal? Perhaps the player got less or more harshly booked? Perhaps the booking against players of certain teams were fully deserved because of their rough play? We don't know since you only give us the numbers, not the incident.

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    This thread and topic is a bit cringy... like continuously talking about how **** an ex is.

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Fan View Post
    I don't know how people see it as the FA or refs being impartial especially when it concerns Man Utd. Earlier this season, the FA was very efficient in banning Aguero of violent conduct so that he will miss the clash against Man Utd. While Aguero fully deserved the ban, the fact that the FA acted within days instead of weeks which is the norm shows where their interests lie. MU players like Rojo also escaped being sent off twice for a two-footed challenge; an offense which Vardy was sent off for. Ibrahimovic also gets away with elbowing people.

Throw the stats whichever way you like; without context, the stat is meaningless. Perhaps the free kick awarded was too little punishment as it was too far away from the goal? Perhaps the player got less or more harshly booked? Perhaps the booking against players of certain teams were fully deserved because of their rough play? We don't know since you only give us the numbers, not the incident.
    I think the context is you hate United.

I think the context is you hate United.
    Doesn't everryone

Why any Manc would want to come on here is beyond belief

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Why any Manc would want to come on here is beyond belief
    You're repeating yourself Ray.

You're repeating yourself Ray.
    But why are you on here?
    You wont be on after our next meeting

But why are you on here?
    You wont be on after our next meeting
    We have had this very conversation before. And you said the same thing about not being back after our next meeting then too.

We have had this very conversation before. And you said the same thing about not being back after our next meeting then too.
    And did you return after the Anfield bus parking?

Have you enjoyed your season to date?

And did you return after the Anfield bus parking?

Have you enjoyed your season to date?
    I have enjoyed it more than the past three seasons yes. I think we have been wasteful in front of goal but we are starting to find our feet. The four new signings have been impressive in different ways. Most United fans I know feel the same. Jose has even turned a few I know to his side who were against his appointment.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Well for a club that are not supposedly doing very well under Josie they are tucked in 4 points behind Arsenal in 4th, some way off the top four in terms of GD, but on a run of five wins on the bounce in all competitions and their next tough fixture is our visit.

Home and away to the top sides may be the key, playing us and chelski at home, but away to the goners, spudz and citeh with none of the top seven having lost more than one at home (FIVE defeats between them) That said no side in the top seven has lost more than twice away and visitors chelski (7) and Liverpool (6) have won plenty of away games as well, not withstanding that the mancs have failed to win as many games at home as they haven't won ie P9 W4 D4 L1, so I think these games could be key to their catching up - or not

Won't help their cause they're still in the Thursday Cup, and League Cup.
    People will believe what they want to believe

I have enjoyed it more than the past three seasons yes. I think we have been wasteful in front of goal but we are starting to find our feet. The four new signings have been impressive in different ways. Most United fans I know feel the same. Jose has even turned a few I know to his side who were against his appointment.
    Spending millions and being 6th is disgraceful

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Spending millions and being 6th is disgraceful
    Well, we'd know.