Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 603

Thread: If you play for Man Utd, you are world class. V2

  1. #511  
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Helmet View Post
    https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/ibr...e-winning-team

    Apparently, Gary Neville thinks that 7 of the current MU players can get into their 1999 treble-winning team.
    So is he saying Pogba is better than Keane or Scholes?

    Valencia is nowhere near good enough, stop talking crap Gary.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #512  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,035
    Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    So is he saying Pogba is better than Keane or Scholes?

    Valencia is nowhere near good enough, stop talking crap Gary.
    I don't think he's saying that though.

    "Individually, you could definitely get to a point whereby one or two individuals could come into that team and still be very, very strong."
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #513  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,428
    [QUOTE=*Shriekback*;12498619]So is he saying Pogba is better than Keane or Scholes?

    Valencia is nowhere near good enough, stop talking crap Gary.[/QUOTE

    Crap indeed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #514  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,965
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I don't think he's saying that though.
    But...that team was so strong and balanced they could almost carry a couple of pub players and still be a decent side. Of course United have some players that could play in that side if they had to. It's pretty faint praise really.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #515  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,035
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    But...that team was so strong and balanced they could almost carry a couple of pub players and still be a decent side. Of course United have some players that could play in that side if they had to. It's pretty faint praise really.
    Yeh that's how I interpreted it, he's basically saying Utd have a couple of players who could potentially be good enough to fill in as squad players in that side, it's not really saying a lot.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #516  
    aran fitzgerald is offline Armchair supporter
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5
    Hi guy's just want to ask for your guys support over on my YouTube Channel where i talk all things Liverpool FC, would be gratefully appreciated if you guys would come over and give it a look. I have just started and would be open to advise to how i can make it better and if you like it and are feeling generous give me SUBSCRIBE would mean a lot to me guys. YNWA

    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCro...Dambpl6s25dTig
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #517  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23,599
    Quote Originally Posted by aran fitzgerald View Post
    Hi guy's just want to ask for your guys support over on my YouTube Channel where i talk all things Liverpool FC, would be gratefully appreciated if you guys would come over and give it a look. I have just started and would be open to advise to how i can make it better and if you like it and are feeling generous give me SUBSCRIBE would mean a lot to me guys. YNWA

    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCro...Dambpl6s25dTig
    My mum walked in when I had your Sakho video on and grounded me for a week for watching your videos, the foul language is disgraceful. Thanks a lot Arun.
    Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #518  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23,909
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeak View Post
    My mum walked in when I had your Sakho video on and grounded me for a week for watching your videos, the foul language is disgraceful. Thanks a lot Arun.
    My mum's language is disgraceful too. No need for it is there.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #519  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    We can draw five matches in the Europa League and still win it.

    We would need champship winning form to qualify through the league.
    Two draws down, three to go.
    Manchester United Supporter
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #520  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23,625
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    Two draws down, three to go.
    Extra time and injuries....made a mess of a fairly comfortable tie all in all but you got through at least
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #521  
    TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Extra time and injuries....made a mess of a fairly comfortable tie all in all but you got through at least
    They may yet win it, but perhaps that struggle through with the injuries it brought may bring a few down to earth (all fans) on this assumption that English clubs could win any competition without much substantiating evidence that they are clearly favourites - beyond reputation not earned in the current season etc. Even the clubs doing well in England are not doing so well in Europe, spudz bombed out to Belgian opponents, mancs crawled past Belgian opponents, midtable Leicester have made about the best fist of Europe, saints and Inter managed not to get out of their group whereas Hapoel and Sparta Prague did (bet most thought it would be reversed), citeh got knocked out by Monaco, Arsenal got humbled by Bayern.

    Do have to wonder how chelski might have got on this season had they qualified, the only other top form side in the league this season (spudz) got knocked out of Europe twice
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #522  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,510
    How predictable, they get Celta Vigo. Cmon Aspas!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #523  
    raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    38,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemer View Post
    How predictable, they get Celta Vigo. Cmon Aspas!
    Aspas ha ha
    We live in hope
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #524  
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,128
    Everybody is laughing about all the games Ute have to play, but clubs don't make money when a team is on the training ground.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #525  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Extra time and injuries....made a mess of a fairly comfortable tie all in all but you got through at least
    After the first leg I thought it should be simple enough, they had looked an average side in Anderlecht, but as per usual things didn't go to plan. They looked half decent for periods but we were wasteful.

    Two big injuries make life more difficult. If Bailly gets booked in the first game against Celta Vigo he's suspended and we could play the return leg without any recognised centre halves.

    I think with the injuries qualifying for the champions league via the league is now nearly impossible.
    Manchester United Supporter
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #526  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24,575
    Reading overnight that Ibrahimovic's career is OVER? - wow
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #527  
    liverpool19734 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    10,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Reading overnight that Ibrahimovic's career is OVER? - wow
    He has done his acl, at that age will take longer to heal and pretty much career over.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #528  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    35,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Reading overnight that Ibrahimovic's career is OVER? - wow
    Read last night he could be out for a year.

    Now this career over is new news.

    Wow indeed!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #529  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Read last night he could be out for a year.

    Now this career over is new news.

    Wow indeed!
    He's definitely out for 9 months. He may as well retire as an injury like that at his age is critical.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #530  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,576
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Read last night he could be out for a year.

    Now this career over is new news.

    Wow indeed!
    Out till about January, they reckon. A rotten thing for the man, when he's having a decent time of it near the end of his career.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #531  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    35,288
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Out till about January, they reckon. A rotten thing for the man, when he's having a decent time of it near the end of his career.
    My heart bleeds.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #532  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,576
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    My heart bleeds.
    Oh, you're a hard one.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #533  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    My heart bleeds.
    Couldn't put it better myself.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #534  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    35,288
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Oh, you're a hard one.


    I have no sympathy for any of the Red Devils injuries to be honest.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #535  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post


    I have no sympathy for any of the Red Devils injuries to be honest.
    We're they sympathetic when we were suffering from injuries? Course not.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #536  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,576
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post


    I have no sympathy for any of the Red Devils injuries to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    We're they sympathetic when we were suffering from injuries? Course not.

    Please yourselves.

    Regardless of who you're playing for, to be doing well near the end of your career, and then have it suddenly cut short so abruptly is a rotten blow.

    Sure, it's part and parcel of being a footballer, and a career-ending injury is the risk they all face. Now he goes out with a whimper, and not a bang.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #537  
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,749
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Please yourselves.

    Regardless of who you're playing for, to be doing well near the end of your career, and then have it suddenly cut short so abruptly is a rotten blow.

    Sure, it's part and parcel of being a footballer, and a career-ending injury is the risk they all face. Now he goes out with a whimper, and not a bang.
    Have to agree with you Dave, although not bothered about the whimper bang etc its just a shame when any player faces the end through injury.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #538  
    SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,797
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Out till about January, they reckon. A rotten thing for the man, when he's having a decent time of it near the end of his career.
    To be honest, I have much more sympathy with a young lad that has his career ended with an injury before he's made it, then with Ibra who is rich beyond his wildest dreams, has won everything in club football, is a worldwide superstar, and has pretty much the perfect life - hard to have much sympathy at all really - dozens and dozens of major trophies and individual honours, but didn't quite have the Roy of the Rovers ending. Gerrard was similar I guess
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #539  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Reading overnight that Ibrahimovic's career is OVER? - wow
    What happened?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #540  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,576
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    To be honest, I have much more sympathy with a young lad that has his career ended with an injury before he's made it, then with Ibra who is rich beyond his wildest dreams, has won everything in club football, is a worldwide superstar, and has pretty much the perfect life - hard to have much sympathy at all really - dozens and dozens of major trophies and individual honours, but didn't quite have the Roy of the Rovers ending. Gerrard was similar I guess
    Well, the promising lad with a career-ending injury is a worse scenario. That's dreams torn up and thrown away. Awful.

    Ibra has had a long and successful career… my point was that he was enjoying a sort of 'sunset glory' at the end... and then wallop... all taken away.

    Gerrard's ending was a low-key drag, and that final match a shame. If ever a guy deserved that Roy of The Rovers thing, it was Gerrard.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •