Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: If you play for Man Utd, you are world class. V2

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    Forth looking down at sixth and gloating. I guess you have to take these meaningless little victories when you don't win actual trophies.

Being smug about another trophy less season finishing forth. What is it you say Ray, oh how the mighty have fallen.
    Well if you fail to beat Ajax () that 'meaningless' victory will mean we are in the CL and you are not. So probably not that meaningless after all.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    That's both of us mate.
    We haven't fallen just yet, we've had a sort of a trip and a stumble, a bit like a drunk, a sort of drunken wobble who could fall at any moment but might just stay on his feet.
    Manchester United Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Well if you fail to beat Ajax () that 'meaningless' victory will mean we are in the CL and you are not. So probably not that meaningless after all.
    Neither of us are there just yet, you could have a tough qualifying route and forth would be for nowt.
    Manchester United Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilYouKnow View Post
    We haven't fallen just yet, we've had a sort of a trip and a stumble, a bit like a drunk, a sort of drunken wobble who could fall at any moment but might just stay on his feet.
    I want Mourinho to smile more.

Not sarcastically, but like a warm and genuine smile and be happy - he's managed so many clubs and won a lot as a manager. He should try to smile confidently in the face of a challenge. Perhaps he's entirely different off-camera, I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by LChristina View Post

Not sarcastically, but like a warm and genuine smile and be happy - he's managed so many clubs and won a lot as a manager. He should try to smile confidently in the face of a challenge. Perhaps he's entirely different off-camera, I don't know...

What? Why?

What? Why?

Generally speaking, I don't want anyone to be unhappy.

Managers and players are so incredibly fortunate and privileged to do what they do, so when Mourinho is in charge of a Manchester United and represents them like its the last thing he ever wanted to do, it makes me sad, too. Someone else might have cherished everything about it, you know.

Managers and players are so incredibly fortunate and privileged to do what they do, so when Mourinho is in charge of a Manchester United and represents them like its the last thing he ever wanted to do, it makes me sad, too. Someone else might have cherished everything about it, you know.
    OK...

There is an entire spectrum of emotions out there other then happy and unhappy

OK...
    You asked me why I wanted Mourinho to smile more, I bothered to tell you - and you give me this, why? In an attempt to make me feel bad? Plenty of LFC fans wanted him to manage us; I'd want him to smile and be confident.

I react and think this way when I see players pouting too, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    There is an entire spectrum of emotions out there other then happy and unhappy
    I'm aware. I just want the guy to smile more. He isn't playing a card game. He represents the league and the sport, too.

As Liverpool supporters we're usually experiencing most of that spectrum which you are referring to, every single game. Our manager smiles often, which is a nicer way of going about his job which involves quite a bit of interviews/public speaking.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14

No smiles equals grumpy Maureen......i love it

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    He can be happy managing his football team. Manchester United is 'there', but we haven't been rivals for quite some time with regards to the title. The only thing I want is for LFC to do better. I don't feed off sadness like some do.

Admittedly, I do want Sterling to feel at least mildly annoyed if we do somehow finish above them this season; I didn't enjoy him talking about why he left us for City (perhaps it hit too close to home); but he'd probably just scoff and dive deep into his ballpit forgetting all about this season.

Don't you have friends supporting other teams?

I know everything about following a bunch of losers being an LFC fan, it is a roller coaster of emotions, so I get comforted when we lose. I haven't seen us win anything, really. I do the same in return when they lose. It doesn't change that I want my team to ultimately do better than their teams.

You asked me why I wanted Mourinho to smile more, I bothered to tell you - and you give me this, why? In an attempt to make me feel bad? Plenty of LFC fans wanted him to manage us; I'd want him to smile and be confident.

I react and think this way when I see players pouting too, by the way.
    You sure about that?

And in answer to your question I just find it bizarre you care so much about the outward happiness of the manager of Man Utd, to the point that you actually feel sad because he looks grumpy doing a job he gets paid millions to do no less, utterly utterly bizarre.

You sure about that?

And in answer to your question I just find it bizarre you care so much about the outward happiness of the manager of Man Utd, to the point that you actually feel sad because he looks grumpy doing a job he gets paid millions to do no less, utterly utterly bizarre.
    Why is that of all things, bizarre?

I tried to explain it to you earlier, but I think some random tumbleweeds blocked the view of your monitor.

I can look at images of poor people and so on and feel sad, too. It must sound unbelievable to you, but I don't care much for people expressing boredom, ambivalence, poker faces or whatnot when they're supposed to be doing what they are passionate about. He should smile more. I'm not saying smile like he just understood the punchline of a joke or like he's on drugs or something 24/7. You know. Or maybe you don't know. It's okay by me either way.

LFC rules, Manchester United sucks. My on-topic statement.

Love the crap he's spouting today... it's like the fixtures of a big club have come as a surprise to him.
    Doing the groundwork incase of defeat next week no doubt.

I tried to explain it to you earlier, but I think some random tumbleweeds blocked the view of your monitor.

I can look at images of poor people and so on and feel sad, too. It must sound unbelievable to you, but I don't care much for people expressing boredom, ambivalence, poker faces or whatnot when they're supposed to be doing what they are passionate about. He should smile more. I'm not saying smile like he just understood the punchline of a joke or like he's on drugs or something 24/7. You know. Or maybe you don't know. It's okay by me either way.

It distresses me greatly that Mourinho's miserable demeanour makes you sad.

Sure, feeling empathy towards starving children in Africa or homeless people is perfectly normal.

Feeling 'sad' because the manager of our main rivals should 'smile more' as he doesn't look overly ecstatic to be doing what is claimed to be his 'dream job' whilst earning more money than you or I can ever dream of, is something rather different I'd say. I for one am happy he looks so glum as it likely means things at Utd are not all sunshine and roses, so you should be happy that I'm happy, so I guess it all evens out in the end then.

Quote Originally Posted by PAISLEYISNO1 View Post
    Love the crap he's spouting today... it's like the fixtures of a big club have come as a surprise to him.
    Doing the groundwork incase of defeat next week no doubt.
    He's just doing what he always does and trying to blame everybody else, it's what he's best at.
    At the end of the 1988-89 season, which everyone remembers for Arsenal winning the title with the last kick of the season, what nobody remembers is that when we played Arsenal it was our EIGHTH game in 23 days because the FA refused to put the game back.
    Fixture congestion comes with winning things and always has done.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    If Ajax do beat them Maureen's press conference will be compulsive viewing

If Ajax do beat them Maureen's press conference will be compulsive viewing
    According to Maureen Ajax shouldnt even be in the Europa league, he's got his excuses already lined up. He's getting worse and worse by the week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeak View Post
    According to Maureen Ajax shouldnt even be in the Europa league, he's got his excuses already lined up. He's getting worse and worse by the week.
    If Ajax do win the Maureen press conference after will be compulsive viewing i'be recording that for future laughs

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZidane View Post
    He's just doing what he always does and trying to blame everybody else, it's what he's best at.
    At the end of the 1988-89 season, which everyone remembers for Arsenal winning the title with the last kick of the season, what nobody remembers is that when we played Arsenal it was our EIGHTH game in 23 days because the FA refused to put the game back.
    Fixture congestion comes with winning things and always has done.
    Best post of the day.

He also claims they will have played 64 games including the final. For goodness sake, he's including the community shield in that. That's a pre-season friendly, it's an exhibition match, it cannot seriously be included as a competitive game. It's 63 games, the same number LIverpool played last season.

Angel Gomes is the Mancs youngest ever PL player so that makes him a certainty for world class status.
    Southgate will probably have him pencilled into the next England squad already.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZidane View Post
    Angel Gomes is the Mancs youngest ever PL player so that makes him a certainty for world class status.
    Southgate will probably have him pencilled into the next England squad already.
    At 25 he was expected to get an opportunity. However he'll be called world class in the same way Ryan Tunnicliffe, Kiko Macheda and Adnan Januzaj were.

Will watch the final later, if manure go ahead I'll be turning over though.

Cmon Ajax.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    At 25 he was expected to get an opportunity. However he'll be called world class in the same way Ryan Tunnicliffe, Kiko Macheda and Adnan Januzaj were.
    to be fair januzaj is a world class diver

Shriekback is online now Academy prospect
    Also if you are a young kid coming through at Man Utd you get massively overrated and looked upon as the next big thing in the media.

Andy Townsend "Wellbeck is world class" Alan Shearer "Cleverly is going to be a massive player for Man Utd in the future"

The Januzaj hype, now Rashford the donkey who will end up at Stoke in a couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeak View Post
    Will watch the final later, if manure go ahead I'll be turning over though.

Cmon Ajax.
    I'd only watch it if someone could guarantee that Ajax will win.

Come on ajax !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekback View Post
    Also if you are a young kid coming through at Man Utd you get massively overrated and looked upon as the next big thing in the media.

Andy Townsend "Wellbeck is world class" Alan Shearer "Cleverly is going to be a massive player for Man Utd in the future"

The Januzaj hype, now Rashford the donkey who will end up at Stoke in a couple of seasons.
    Stoke? Rashford isn't top flight standard. He is however good enough for Bradford, Wigan or Stockport, or if he's lucky Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Chadwick