Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2191

Thread: The Jordan Henderson Debate MK2

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaToure View Post
    Dream on. When Henderson is fit he will be in the team over Can any day.
    You're the one in dreamers land thinking Hendo is going to captain this team to anything but mediocrity.... Today Can showed when he is in form he provides so much more than your precious Hendo.... Can saw 5-10 yards of free space and drove into it... Hendo sees the same and still passes it sideways or backwards... The powerful runs that Can had today are light years better than what Hendo has... Sure Hendo has had a few nifty passes here and there but Can can do it game in game out when he is up to it... If Can continues to play like this it might finally put Hendo on the bench where he belongs
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    Unless Can shows he can move the ball quick against the **** sides.

Which I haven't seen in his game EVER. Even when he was in top form last season.
    If he keeps influencing the game positively it will be hard to drop him.

Luis-Garcia's-left-peg is online now Directors Box
    I just hope Klopp doesn't go with both Can and Henderson together and put Lallana into the front 3

We've seen that duo doesn't work and Lallana has proved he's much more effective from deeper.

Next season with CL hopefully, they can be rotated and I would still bring in another CM

he wont do that as it means dropping wijnaldum which is suicide atm.

i like can as a dm and not box to box as emre can still bring goals and assists from dm where as hendo cant imo

Henderson doesn't even play and the same posters come on here for a dig after the game.

You can support more than one player you know?! To real fans, Can having a good game doesn't automatically mean Henderson gets a kicking. Pathetic.

Will two good games (one very good) means he keeps the shirt for the derby? Will be interesting. With Phil not on it, we may see both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by scousechrisj View Post
    Henderson doesn't even play and the same posters come on here for a dig after the game.

You can support more than one player you know?! To real fans, Can having a good game doesn't automatically mean Henderson gets a kicking. Pathetic.

Will two good games (one very good) means he keeps the shirt for the derby? Will be interesting. With Phil not on it, we may see both of them.

It's crazy, there's criticism and then there's agenda bashing. I'd love for both Can and Henderson to be playing well, who doesn't?

Putting the boot in just for the sake of it is juvenile.

Nothing would have happened, this thread died until that poster claimed the nonsense "we've been missing Henderson big time" before yesterday's game, was an absolutely ridiculous post at the time and even more so now.

Quote Originally Posted by DahoudAreYou View Post
    Nothing would have happened, this thread died until that poster claimed the nonsense "we've been missing Henderson big time" before yesterday's game, was an absolutely ridiculous post at the time and even more so now.
    The post was made before yesterday's game, so it wasn't an absolutely ridiculous post at all. Can had a "decent" game last week aside the goal, not amazing, and we did miss some of what Henderson brings last week.

After the game yesterday, where Can had a very good game, it would have come across as a bit stupid.

Can has had more bad than good games this season. Henderson's has had good more games than him. That's not a petulant "favourites" dig like a lot on here, merely a fact, backed up by ratings, pundits feedback and stats.

What is also a fact is that Can had a very good game yesterday to follow up from a decent game last week. So it isn't an automatic decision that Henderson comes straight back in for the Blues. Its an interesting choice for Klopp. With Phil off form, maybe he puts Gini forward and plays both of them, we shall see.
    I'm the normal one.

The post was made before yesterday's game, so it wasn't an absolutely ridiculous post at all. Can had a "decent" game last week aside the goal, not amazing, and we did miss some of what Henderson brings last week.

After the game yesterday, where Can had a very good game, it would have come across as a bit stupid.

Can has had more bad than good games this season. Henderson's has had good more games than him. That's not a petulant "favourites" dig like a lot on here, merely a fact, backed up by ratings, pundits feedback and stats.

What is also a fact is that Can had a very good game yesterday to follow up from a decent game last week. So it isn't an automatic decision that Henderson comes straight back in for the Blues. Its an interesting choice for Klopp. With Phil off form, maybe he puts Gini forward and plays both of them, we shall see.
    We didn't miss Henderson when you directly compare his performance against Burnley at the start of the season, to Can's performance against Burnley. It was ridiculous timing when our #6 literally won us the match last weekend. It would've been fair if it had been said back after the Leicester game, although I wouldn't have necessarily agreed, I can see why some people would've thought that.

I completely agree with the fact that Henderson has had more good games than Can this season. But it would also be nice to acknowledge the fact that just a month ago he had been playing through the season with a calf injury. And since his calf injury, his only games as a DM have been Leicester, Arsenal, Burnley and Man City.

Personally, I think (an on song) Emre Can is a better option than steady eddy Jordan Henderson just in front of the back four.

Quote Originally Posted by Batteries View Post
    Personally, I think (an on song) Emre Can is a better option than steady eddy Jordan Henderson just in front of the back four.
    I don't think there's any question in that. When he's absolutely on top of his game, Emre Can offers way more than Henderson. Can just needs consistency.

We didn't miss Henderson when you directly compare his performance against Burnley at the start of the season, to Can's performance against Burnley. It was ridiculous timing when our #6 literally won us the match last weekend. It would've been fair if it had been said back after the Leicester game, although I wouldn't have necessarily agreed, I can see why some people would've thought that.

I completely agree with the fact that Henderson has had more good games than Can this season. But it would also be nice to acknowledge the fact that just a month ago he had been playing through the season with a calf injury. And since his calf injury, his only games as a DM have been Leicester, Arsenal, Burnley and Man City.
    To be fair, Henderson has played some games with an injury this season, too. Klopp admitted around Xmas/the new year that Jordan hadn't been taking part in full training.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    I don't think there's any question in that. When he's absolutely on top of his game, Emre Can offers way more than Henderson. Can just needs consistency.
    He also needs to get a lot better if he is to nail down that spot.

Neither Emre or Jordan are, currently, of the required quality and we should be looking to fix that in the summer.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    To be fair, Henderson has played some games with an injury this season, too. Klopp admitted around Xmas/the new year that Jordan hadn't been taking part in full training.
    Fair does, although I think overall Henderson has been great this season so if he's been playing through injury then that's even more impressive for him. But yeah, when a manager talks about a player playing through an injury that has to be acknowledged whilst discussing him, not just brushed under the carpet to fit an agenda.

Fair does, although I think overall Henderson has been great this season. But yeah, when a manager talks about a player playing through an injury that has to be acknowledged whilst discussing him, not just brushed under the carpet to fit an agenda.
    I agree. It is often ignored though. You just have to see the criticism Henderson received last season, even though he missed four and a half months (34 games) of the season and Jurgen repeatedly admitting that he was playing through the pain barrier and not fully fit.

Emre's movement and mobility looked far better yesterday. He got around the pitch well and his discipline (positionally) was far better. I'm a big Henderson fan, but you can't drop Emre after a performance like that, in my opinion. I also think Emre showed why he is very much a No.6, and not a No.8 as some posters believe.

I agree. It is often ignored though. You just have to see the criticism Henderson received last season, even though he missed four and a half months (34 games) of the season and Jurgen repeatedly admitting that he was playing through the pain barrier and not fully fit.

Emre's movement and mobility looked far better yesterday. He got around the pitch well and his discipline (positionally) was far better. I'm a big Henderson fan, but you can't drop Emre after a performance like that, in my opinion. I also think Emre showed why he is very much a No.6, and not a No.8 as some posters believe.
    Emre was excellent yesterday, hopefully this is now his level and he keeps it up.

emre can at his best is better than henderson at his best.

with this in mind, i feel we should stay with Emre as long as possible to try and develop that consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Pat View Post
    emre can at his best is better than henderson at his best.

with this in mind, i feel we should stay with Emre as long as possible to try and develop that consistency.
    I think they're pretty close to each other in terms of their current best. But I think Emre has a higher ceiling, as you say if he can get some consistency (games and form).
    I'm the normal one.

I'm just glad we have some proper competition now as we enter the home straight. Can only be a good thing (see: Mignolet).

Quote Originally Posted by Batteries View Post
    Agreed

I'm just glad we have some proper competition now as we enter the home straight. Can only be a good thing (see: Mignolet).
    That's always been my point. I want both players to be playing well and make selection choices hard. Some posters just want to be right about one player, and reveling when the other LIVERPOOL player plays poorly.
    I'm the normal one.

I know you're a big Hendo fan but you always remain objective which is refreshing

I used to say that it was a blessing when Hendo was unavailable.

But he is starting to show some glimpses of being a player.

Lets hope he returns.

I think Henderson will be back soon enough and Can will be dropped. The only thing that can change that is if he puts a worldie in the next game and even by then Henderson may be already back

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    I think Henderson will be back soon enough and Can will be dropped. The only thing that can change that is if he puts a worldie in the next game and even by then Henderson may be already back
    I think so too.

Hendo will have to train himself back into the side coz Can/Wiji/Lallana is looking a good trio to me

Quote Originally Posted by Going CouCou View Post
    Hendo will have to train himself back into the side coz Can/Wiji/Lallana is looking a good trio to me
    Think Henderson has had a better season, but I don't think it makes sense to put him straight back in. Can is hitting form and Can missed out when Henderson was playing well. If can has a stinker it changes, but you can't drop Can after his best performance of the season.

I hope not. Needs to get back to fitness first.

With Phil playing the way he is, would you put Gini in the front 3 in his place, and play Hendo as box-to-box, leaving Can at the 6?

With Phil playing the way he is, would you put Gini in the front 3 in his place, and play Hendo as box-to-box, leaving Can at the 6?
    No... Gini is not capable of creating what Cou can... I see what you're thinking I'm just not sure it would work out as you would like... I feel that Cou will hit his stride soon and be back to his best... Sitting him in my opinion would not be in the best interest of Cou or the squad