Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jordan Henderson Debate MK2

1. #1 Default The Jordan Henderson Debate MK2 
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    A thread for all things Jordan Henderson.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    didn;t half miss him yesterday by all accounts
    dont look back in anger.

I just rewatched the game and i can't see Henderson making a difference at all, he has been putting similar average performances together recently and would have been just as tired and exhausted as the rest of our players. Even Milner looked shattered against Sunderland. One thing that i thought rewatching it though is that these injuries to Coutinho, Matip and Henderson could be a blessing in disguise. Henderson hasn't been at the level he was earlier in the season for the last month so this forced break on 3 key players could mean they help us finish the season stronger by being fresher.

A break for Henderson may be just what he needs to freshen up.
    Like i said in the other thread the break to key players could benefit us.

I hope Mane feels like he is having a holiday during the AFCON.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    I hope Mane feels like he is having a holiday during the AFCON.
    I hope he does something stupid in the first game, is suspended for 6 games and comes back

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    I hope he does something stupid in the first game, is suspended for 6 games and comes back
    here is hoping, even yesterday during the game he was always doing something positive. He has to be one of my favourite ever signings.

here is hoping, even yesterday during the game he was always doing something positive. He has to be one of my favourite ever signings.
    Tiredness showed. How many times did Manone spill the ball without someone making the run to tap in?

A truly rested Mane would always do that run he did against Everton. And Firmino too.

I think we missed him in terms of the familiarity of the system, due to him being an ever present, but I don't think he would've made too much of a difference. He's never been one to step up and be the difference maker when the rest of the team is playing ****, ie. Burnley, Swansea 1st half, Bournemouth 2nd half

Tiredness showed. How many times did Manone spill the ball without someone making the run to tap in?

A truly rested Mane would always do that run he did against Everton. And Firmino too.
    Agreed, the only issue is with having a front 3 of Coutinho, Firmino and Mane is that they are irreplaceable so when they are injured and tired we are in trouble. Lol

Agreed, the only issue is with having a front 3 of Coutinho, Firmino and Mane is that they are irreplaceable so when they are injured and tired we are in trouble. Lol
    Firmino might get a mini winter break for a few days.

Thankfully Coutinho got a break and could have a stormer in the 2nd half of the season.

Firmino might get a mini winter break for a few days.

Thankfully Coutinho got a break and could have a stormer in the 2nd half of the season.
    I really hope so mate, we definitely arnt out of the title race yet.

I really hope so mate, we definitely arnt out of the title race yet.
    Chelsea have Spurs, Leicester, Liverpool away in January. And then Arsenal at home. Big big month this. I think we can do United and close the gap before our game at Anfield.

It will be difficult, but United will not sit this time and we can do them on the break. We just need to be calm, it will be as nervy as the EL away tie.

We'll beat Swansea afterwards. Let's hope Spurs don't bottle it as they usually do against Chelsea.

KeepTheFightForJustice is offline Academy prospect
    I hope people realise the importance of Henderson yesterday.

But people will pretend they don't and continue to be blind at what he's so good at.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Chelsea have Spurs, Leicester, Liverpool away in January. And then Arsenal at home. Big big month this. I think we can do United and close the gap before our game at Anfield.

It will be difficult, but United will not sit this time and we can do them on the break. We just need to be calm, it will be as nervy as the EL away tie.

We'll beat Swansea afterwards. Let's hope Spurs don't bottle it as they usually do against Chelsea.
    agree. a big month and a bit coming up against the big 6 and if we can nick 10 points from them it will be good as currently most have now found thier footing. fingers crossed one of them will have a hiccup or dodgy decision.

On current form he's blatantly a superior player to Can at the moment, better on the ball, quicker to release it, positioning is better with and without the ball etc.

No brainer Henderson plays when fit again, Can really at present is no better than last season really though a run of games may help

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Important player and we will miss him against Utd if he's not back.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheFightForJustice View Post
    I hope people realise the importance of Henderson yesterday.

But people will pretend they don't and continue to be blind at what he's so good at.
    Three posters who have virtually nothing good to say about Hendo contributed 619 - SIXHUNDREDANDNINETEEN posts in the last thread. Cant see those people having an epiphany just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    Three posters who have virtually nothing good to say about Hendo contributed 619 - SIXHUNDREDANDNINETEEN posts in the last thread. Cant see those people having an epiphany just yet.
    You might not agree with their opinions but how dare people on these forums contribute to the Jordan Henderson debate thread.

Should we make this one password protected and only give the password to people who love him?

Who is better than Hendo in his position in the league? Probably just Kante?

Quote Originally Posted by wavdeep View Post
    Who is better than Hendo in his position in the league? Probably just Kante?
    Kante yeah. And I know he's going through some **** form at the minute, but I'd probably take Fernandinho over him even though Henderson is currently performing better. Then again, those two are natural defensive midfielders, Henderson's been one for about 5 months, so testament to him.

Quote Originally Posted by DahoudAreYou View Post
    You might not agree with their opinions but how dare people on these forums contribute to the Jordan Henderson debate thread.

Should we make this one password protected and only give the password to people who love him?
    You're being silly there.

How anybody who has watched LFC play this season choose him as the weakest link and keep repeating such a mantra so many times without a shred of evidence that he is a weak component. Its just bizarre. Its not about loving Hendo, its just about some perspective. The three posters I question in particular are either WUMs or more likely challenged in someway.

There are some posters who are critical of Hendo, but there is some balance.

Is it reasonable to be critical of a central character when we sit second at the half way stage and have a good chance of reaching the final of the League Cup? Surely not!

People criticizing Can and comparing him negatively to Henderson in that position this season would do well to remember how woeful (yes woeful) Henderson was in his first few games there.

Big up Henderson if you want to cause he's been good, but no need to compare Can's one game there, to Henderson's season there.

And as for yesterday, I don't think Henderson would've made much of a difference, cause I'm one of those who thinks he goes missing when we're under the cosh (ala Burnley, Bournemouth, Arsenal at 1-4).

Quote Originally Posted by spikop View Post
    People criticizing Can and comparing him negatively to Henderson in that position this season would do well to remember how woeful (yes woeful) Henderson was in his first few games there.
    Big up Henderson if you want to cause he's been good, but no need to compare Can's one game there, to Henderson's season there.

And as for yesterday, I don't think Henderson would've made much of a difference, cause I'm one of those who thinks he goes missing when we're under the cosh (ala Burnley, Bournemouth, Arsenal at 1-4).
    But this wasn't Can's first game playing DM. He has played the position before, all last season in fact. Compared to Henderson who has only started playing there at the start of the season.

Also the only reason people were comparing is people like DOK have went on all season about Can saying "as soon as he gets a chance in DM Henderson won't get back in".

Vesku225 is online now Under-20 2015 and World Cup 2014 Sweepstakes Champion
    Hmm who will play next to Henderson next season to make our midfield great again for me he is good enough.

Henderson + possibly a new signing and Cou , Firmino, Lallana and Mane ahead . If we have a very good midfielder next to him Henderson can also make runs forward when required.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    On current form he's blatantly a superior player to Can at the moment, better on the ball, quicker to release it, positioning is better with and without the ball etc.

No brainer Henderson plays when fit again, Can really at present is no better than last season really though a run of games may help
    I'm not sure about this.

More than 100 pages in the last one sees us needing a 2nd Jordan Henderson thread!!!
    I still expect his detractors to give Hendo no credit whatsoever for being an excellent discussion generator despite the existence of This 'The Jordan Henderson Debate MK2'

Arguments I now expect to see are,

'Henderson is simply not good enough for a 2nd thread'
    'Henderson wasn't attacked enough in the last thread'
    'Can deserves far more pages than Henderson is getting'

Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    More than 100 pages in the last one sees us needing a 2nd Jordan Henderson thread!!!
    I still expect his detractors to give Hendo no credit whatsoever for being an excellent discussion generator despite the existence of This 'The Jordan Henderson Debate MK2'

Arguments I now expect to see are,

'Henderson is simply not good enough for a 2nd thread'
    'Henderson wasn't attacked enough in the last thread'
    'Can deserves far more pages than Henderson is getting'
    We're getting into a Can vs Henderson argument and people are forming camps. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    We're getting into a Can vs Henderson argument and people are forming camps. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.
    I support both players, but I'll admit that I have higher hopes for Can, as he's younger and has a higher threshold to get even better, whereas Henderson is at his best level, which is good enough now, but if we're thinking of getting back to a level where we reach 2 CL finals in 3 years, or 3 CL Semis in 4 years, then he's not gonna be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by spikop View Post
    I support both players, but I'll admit that I have higher hopes for Can, as he's younger and has a higher threshold to get even better, whereas Henderson is at his best level, which is good enough now, but if we're thinking of getting back to a level where we reach 2 CL finals in 3 years, or 3 CL Semis in 4 years, then he's not gonna be good enough.
    Its about being objective. Over the years Henderson has kinda been a whipping boy, a symbol of our predicament and mediocrity, a bit unfair really. Now, because we are playing well we seem to go overboard as well with our defense of those players and sometimes engage in perhaps a bit of hyperbole when it comes to their improvement, just like its hyperbole when it comes to their poor performances.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    didn;t half miss him yesterday by all accounts
    Weird that, apparently he is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Its about being objective. Over the years Henderson has kinda been a whipping boy, a symbol of our predicament and mediocrity, a bit unfair really. Now, because we are playing well we seem to go overboard as well with our defense of those players and sometimes engage in perhaps a bit of hyperbole when it comes to their improvement, just like its hyperbole when it comes to their poor performances.
    Well that's the Boards in a nutshell: the sky's either falling, or we're the best ever. Two and a half decades of waiting has given me some perspective tho, so while yesterday was vexing, I know we're still on course for our best Points tally in the PL era, and where we might've budgeted for dropped points against ManU or Chelsea, we'll simply have to make yesterday's points up there instead, just as we did in harder games after Burnley & Bournemouth.