Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Ben Woodburn

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    I really like his quick feet and the way he can manipulate the ball in tight spaces.

However, he looks like a young kid - which is exactly what he is at the moment. I don't expect him to be first team regular for at least another couple of seasons (if not longer). However, he does look like a player who can have a future at the club.
    The quick feet in the box were very impressive as is his general awareness. I'd like to see him surrounded by other first Teamers with less pressure on him
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Certainly looks a talent.

Yesterday,I thought he was asked to stay out wide too much.
    My ship is coming in.

Did ok.

Long way to go.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Still got a long way to go but have high hopes for him. Cant read to much inot that game though as no one really stood out. Some have said if woodburn was good enough he'd be destroying league two opposition... Origi never? neither did Can.

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Still got a long way to go but have high hopes for him. Cant read to much inot that game though as no one really stood out. Some have said if woodburn was good enough he'd be destroying league two opposition... Origi never? neither did Can.
    I was most upset with Origi.

Expected him to take the game by the scruff of the neck, but he was the complete opposite.

Looks very talented. I think that in him, Alexander-Arnold and Ejaria we might have three first-teamers in a few years. Possibly Ojo too. Still, it's a long road ahead for all of them. It'd be incredible if all four made first team regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by -Cactus- View Post
    Looks very talented. I think that in him, Alexander-Arnold and Ejaria we might have three first-teamers in a few years. Possibly Ojo too. Still, it's a long road ahead for all of them. It'd be incredible if all four made first team regulars.
    Woodburn and AA will make it to Prem std, Ejaria and Ojo will fade into obscurity is my prediction.

Woodburn is a very exciting prospect, he just looks so natural in the same way Owen did although Owen was better at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Batteries View Post
    I was most upset with Origi.

Expected him to take the game by the scruff of the neck, but he was the complete opposite.
    Origi is disappointingly average too often and just can't see him making it as a first choice striker for us. Woodburn looks by far the better long term prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Machtig Maus View Post
    Woodburn and AA will make it to Prem std, Ejaria and Ojo will fade into obscurity is my prediction.

Woodburn is a very exciting prospect, he just looks so natural in the same way Owen did although Owen was better at his age.
    You may well be right. I do like Ejaria's passing and technique though. If he bulked up a bit I think he could do well in the prem. But it's hard to say a that age. So much is down to mentality and disicipline off the pitch. They all have the talent to make it I think, but whether they have the right mentality is another matter. Hopefully they all get another chance to impress against Plymouth at their place.

Quote Originally Posted by -Cactus- View Post
    You may well be right. I do like Ejaria's passing and technique though. If he bulked up a bit I think he could do well in the prem. But it's hard to say a that age. So much is down to mentality and disicipline off the pitch. They all have the talent to make it I think, but whether they have the right mentality is another matter. Hopefully they all get another chance to impress against Plymouth at their place.
    That was almost exactly my thinking, they all look to have the ability but I'm not sure Ejaria and Ojo have the plums to make the step up. Woodburn and AA just look more 'hungry' in the games I've seen them in.

Pure hunchwork though and I hope they all make it in truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Machtig Maus View Post
    That was almost exactly my thinking, they all look to have the ability but I'm not sure Ejaria and Ojo have the plums to make the step up. Woodburn and AA just look more 'hungry' in the games I've seen them in.

Pure hunchwork though and I hope they all make it in truth.
    Ejaria is excellent. Composed and skilful but he still has a lot to learn.

Woodburn IMO is ready. Play him with the likes of Mane and Phil and he'd fit right in.

I think all three have a great shot at becoming first teamers over the next few seasons. I would like to see Ben centrally in future. Have high hopes for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post
    Ejaria is excellent. Composed and skilful but he still has a lot to learn.

Woodburn IMO is ready. Play him with the likes of Mane and Phil and he'd fit right in.
    Agree. I think Ojo has lowest probability of making it. Some of the thinks Ejaria did impressed me, but I think he has a way to go. Would be interesting to see him surrounded by the rest of the first team...

Called up by Wales senior side and likely to be capped.

Not for me I'm afraid you can tell if a player has got that x factor or not no matter what age he is E.G Micheal Owen at 16 scoring on his debut you knew he had something special.
    I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Top klopp View Post
    Not for me I'm afraid you can tell if a player has got that x factor or not no matter what age he is E.G Micheal Owen at 16 scoring on his debut you knew he had something special.
    Can't really say that when Ben Woodburn is our youngest ever scorer

Lots of Chelski players in England U17 team and we have Brewster to represent us. Nice that we beat the Chel U18's 2-0.

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    That something very special was his speed, but that only got him so far.
    Klopps beard twin

Absolute nonsense I have to say

I can well remember on here Gareth Bale coming up in conversation and he was regarded as useless, his record as a young fullback of not winning a single game in a Spurs shirt for a certain period was held against him.

He didn't have the 'X-Factor' then though clearly signs of serious ability if you looked hard enough.

Look at him now, an elite world talent

Just one example of a bundle

What does Woodburn have that any other decent young player doesn't? Pace? No. Strength? No. Finishing? No.

I'm sure i'll get slated for this, but please remember how everyone hyped up Adam Morgan on here. Whats he doing today? Playing non league at 22 years old.

You are wrong. If I was arsed, I would provide you with evidence that you cannot make hard and fast rules about any young player in the way you have done here. I'm not arsed though, so I will leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by adamk137 View Post
    What does Woodburn have that any other decent young player doesn't? Pace? No. Strength? No. Finishing? No.

I'm sure i'll get slated for this, but please remember how everyone hyped up Adam Morgan on here. Whats he doing today? Playing non league at 22 years old.
    What are you basing this opinion on? You do realise that, at 16 years old, there is a LOT of development to come for Woodburn? You have no idea how fast, or how strong, or how clinical a finisher he is going to develop into. None at all.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    What are you basing this opinion on? You do realise that, at 16 years old, there is a LOT of development to come for Woodburn? You have no idea how fast, or how strong, or how clinical a finisher he is going to develop into. None at all.
    Sure, there is a lot of development (maybe) to come but I'm saying at 17, he doesnt have anything that any other decent young player doesn't have. I'm talking about TODAY, not in 10 years.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother

Woodburn is a fantastic finisher, and you just need to look at photos from his goal against Leeds to the game against Burnley to see that he's still growing and developing his strength. His attributes aren't as obvious as other examples, but there is definitely an outstanding player in there, hence why Klopp trusted him with 30 minutes and brought him on when we needed a goal, and Coleman has called him up to a very strong Wales squad before he's even close to turning 18.

Sure, there is a lot of development (maybe) to come but I'm saying at 17, he doesnt have anything that any other decent young player doesn't have. I'm talking about TODAY, not in 10 years.
    How about a 1st team appearance for one of the top clubs in the country- wether his skills might not be obvious, the fact that he has achieved that must tell you something?
    Klopps beard twin

You have to judge players in isolation, Adam Morgan is not a blueprint for all Liverpool youngsters, bizarre reasoning, there are successes and failures and nobody knows how Woodburn will develop in reality but he clearly has talent.

I suspect some are just basing this on a couple of cameo's for the first team and lazily written him off on that basis alone (not that you can do that really on such limited first team time)

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    How about a 1st team appearance for one of the top clubs in the country- wether his skills might not be obvious, the fact that he has achieved that must tell you something?
    Many of our youngesters did that and never went anywhere. As I mentioned before, Adam Morgan, 18yo debut in liverpool first team, now playing non league.

Just look at this thread http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/thread...-box-solution?

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    Woodburn is a fantastic finisher, and you just need to look at photos from his goal against Leeds to the game against Burnley to see that he's still growing and developing his strength. His attributes aren't as obvious as other examples, but there is definitely an outstanding player in there, hence why Klopp trusted him with 30 minutes and brought him on when we needed a goal, and Coleman has called him up to a very strong Wales squad before he's even close to turning 18.
    Yeah but other than that, he don't have the X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    You have to judge players in isolation, Adam Morgan is not a blueprint for all Liverpool youngsters, bizarre reasoning, there are successes and failures and nobody knows how Woodburn will develop in reality but he clearly has talent.

I suspect some are just basing this on a couple of cameo's for the first team and lazily written him off on that basis alone (not that you can do that really on such limited first team time)
    Heres some more:

- Jay Spearing
    -Ray Putterill
    - Ryan Flynn
    - Craig Lindfield
    - Stephen Darby
    - Robbie Threlfall
    - Adam Hammill
    - Besian Idrizaj
    - Danny Guthrie
    - Ronald Huth
    - Martin Hansen
    - Krisztian Nemeth
    - Peter Gulacsi
    - Paul Anderson
    - Martin Kelly
    - Dean Bouzanis
    - Damien Plessis
    - Mikel San Jose Dominguez
    - Jordy Brouwer
    - Ryan Crowther
    - Andras Simon
    - Nikolay Mihaylov
    - Francisco Duran
    - Lee Peltier
    - Godwin Antwi

Many of our youngesters did that and never went anywhere. As I mentioned before, Adam Morgan, 18yo debut in liverpool first team, now playing non league.
    But there is plenty that did as well, for every Adam Morgan theres a Robbie Fowler, why take a negative stand point until we know for sure. Why does every young player have to start from the back foot nowadays.?

When you look at how hard it is to even get into a team like Liverpool, any aspiring young footballers dream, to then actually make it into the 1st team, you can't just dismiss that achievement, because someone else "didnt make it"
    Klopps beard twin