Notices
Closed Thread

Thread: My username

1. #1 Default My username 
    My username was changed and it wasn't by me. Who did it and why please? I'm concerned that my account details may have been comprised. Thank you.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanta_Origi View Post
    My username was changed and it wasn't by me. Who did it and why please? I'm concerned that my account details may have been comprised. Thank you.
    Your first username had to be changed because it was inappropriate for these forums. The name you changed it to has a couple of meanings, one of which is also not acceptable on the forum, in that it refers to prostitution, streetwalkers etc and linked to a player's name. We changed it to the harmless meaning of the two.You can choose your own username, but it has to be in keeping with a forum that represents the club and it's values.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Your first username had to be changed because it was inappropriate for these forums. The name you changed it to has a couple of meanings, one of which is also not acceptable on the forum, in that it refers to prostitution, streetwalkers etc and linked to a player's name. We changed it to the harmless meaning of the two.You can choose your own username, but it has to be in keeping with a forum that represents the club and it's values.
    Shanta means serenity in Indian and it is a mick take of a Ronaldo super fan called Shanta Ronaldo and that's why I have it. Show me where it means what you think it means and show me where you made me aware of changing my personal details please. Thanks.

Shanta means serenity in Indian and it is a mick take of a Ronaldo super fan called Shanta Ronaldo and that's why I have it. Show me where it means what you think it means and show me where you made me aware of changing my personal details please. Thanks.
    Check the UK urban dictionary online. It's in there. Sometimes we have to watch for 'street' meanings of words not just formal dictionary definitions.

Check the UK urban dictionary online. It's in there. Sometimes we have to watch for 'street' meanings of words not just formal dictionary definitions.
    I think you're looking for a problem where there isn't one. There isn't anything wrong with my name and any football fan who uses Twitter knows exactly what my username is - a mick take of Ronaldo and his stalker.

I think you're looking for a problem where there isn't one. There isn't anything wrong with my name and any football fan who uses Twitter knows exactly what my username is - a mick take of Ronaldo and his stalker.
    You need to choose another one please. SereneOrigi would be fine, of course, if that's what you want to say.

It has nothing to do with serenity. I don't think you knew the street term for Shanta either. You've clearly searched for it and came up with this silly argument. You're opening a serious can of worms here because anyone can quite easily find an urban dictionary or profanissurus definition of almost every username on these boards that doesn't fit the criteria you've just set. I take it you'll act accordingly with every other username which in some far flung corner of the internet doesn't represent "the club and it's values" eh?

It has nothing to do with serenity. I don't think you knew the street term for Shanta either. You've clearly searched for it and came up with this silly argument. You're opening a serious can of worms here because anyone can quite easily find an urban dictionary or profanissurus definition of almost every username on these boards that doesn't fit the criteria you've just set. I take it you'll act accordingly with every other username which in some far flung corner of the internet doesn't represent "the club and it's values" eh?
    You began by saying the word means serenity in Indian. Not arguing any further. You're asked to change or we can change it.

You began by saying the word means serenity in Indian. Not arguing any further. You're asked to change or we can change it.
    And then I explained why I had it....... I'll change the name as rules are rules. .......
    Last edited by Jannno; 11-1-17 at 23:21. Reason: Offensive and personal comments removed.

Quote Originally Posted by YerDaSellsAvon View Post
    And then I explained why I had it....... I'll change the name as rules are rules. ....
    You won't be long on the forums if you do that.

You won't be long on the forums if you do that.
    I won't be on the forums long for reporting names with a slang meaning? But having a username with a slang meaning doesn't "represent the club and its values" and requires a name change or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by YerDaSellsAvon View Post
    I won't be on the forums long for reporting names with a slang meaning? But having a username with a slang meaning doesn't "represent the club and its values" and requires a name change or am I wrong?
    No, I meant please don't be expecting we act on any username you decide to report, or be on some kind of mission. Just return to your posting and anything offensive, we're glad to have pointed out with a report. We make the call. This is issue closed now.

No, I meant please don't be expecting we act on any username you decide to report, or be on some kind of mission. Just return to your posting and anything offensive, we're glad to have pointed out with a report. We make the call. This is issue closed now.
    Last edited by Jannno; 11-1-17 at 23:46. Reason: Continuing on the offensive, even after recent bans