Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 1992

Thread: Emre Can has regressed, badly!

Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...ct-no-12977535

Sort it out Edwards/ fsg, if lovren deserves 100k it's a no brainer
    What annoys me is all of the imbeciles acting like this was out of the blue.

Emre carried us pretty much most of the second half of last season. Anyone acting like it is some surprise needs to pull their heads in, especially those at the club willing to give **** players like lovren big deals.

He was being labeled as future captain and even klopp daid it's a possibility. Yet its like everyone completely forgot all about all of that, because he was competing against the golden child current captain.

Absolutely embarrassing by the club.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post

Emre carried us pretty much most of the second half of last season. Anyone acting like it is some surprise needs to pull their heads in, especially those at the club willing to give **** players like lovren big deals.

He was being labeled as future captain and even klopp daid it's a possibility. Yet its like everyone completely forgot all about all of that, because he was competing against the golden child current captain.

Yep, all very true.

Yeah, it's frustrating, if not at all surprising

It is blatantly time we addressed it, we can't afford to loose him for nothing , esp given the contributions of other midfielders

BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...ct-no-12977535

Sort it out Edwards/ fsg, if lovren deserves 100k it's a no brainer
    If Lovren is getting £100k pw then Can will want to be on par with Lallana, Sturridge etc on £150k pw imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    If Lovren is getting £100k pw then Can will want to be on par with Lallana, Sturridge etc on £150k pw imo.
    Yeah I think the rumours were he wanted more than double (which people said was 30-40k), so he probably wanted 90k before , now however with us dishing out 100k to defenders who can't defend he's probably thinking actually I want more

Yeah I think the rumours were he wanted more than double (which people said was 30-40k), so he probably wanted 90k before , now however with us dishing out 100k to defenders who can't defend he's probably thinking actually I want more
    I heard he was on £60k, im pretty sure £100k wouldn't be an issue for us, neither would £150k pw to be honest. I think there is more to this story than we are lead to believe. Can himself said the stand off wasn't a financial issue http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...rpool-12736601

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    I heard he was on £60k, im pretty sure £100k wouldn't be an issue for us, neither would £150k pw to be honest. I think there is more to this story than we are lead to believe. Can himself said the stand off wasn't a financial issue http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...rpool-12736601
    He wants to understand that he has a path forward to be a first 11 IMO. Obviously, he can't be given any guarantees because that's not how it works. But he could expect an overview of where he stands in the scheme of things surely.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    He wants to understand that he has a path forward to be a first 11 IMO. Obviously, he can't be given any guarantees because that's not how it works. But he could expect an overview of where he stands in the scheme of things surely.
    Agreed!

We are no where near the level of a team that should be blocking the development of his potential, and he would be aware of that.

He cant be guaranteed a first 11 spot, neither can Coutinho or anyone else for that matter. What he can be guaranteed is that if he performs at a high level, consistently, then it will be impossible to drop him from the first 11, so the ball's in his court. My gut feeling is he not just wants to be playing every game, but he wants to be playing at the highest level possible, in the Champions League. Ian Ayre said we signed Can on the back of us qualifying for the CL, since then we've not been in the competition.

Emre Can to miss start of Liverpool’s pre-season preparations after Germany call-up

Emre Can has been named in Joachim Low’s Germany squad for the Confederations Cup, in a blow to Liverpool’s pre-season plans.

Can has made 39 appearances for the Reds in 2016/17, battling through a series of calf problems to play the sixth-most minutes (2,720) in Jurgen Klopp‘s squad.

This comes after playing the second-most minutes of any Liverpool outfield player last season (4,215), as well as spending the summer with Germany at the European Championship in France.

The 23-year-old’s busy schedule is not set to end this month, either, with Can called up as part of Low’s squad for the upcoming Confederations Cup.

Liverpool’s summer target Julian Brandt is also included in a youthful selection.

Germany are included following their World Cup triumph in 2014, and join Australia, Chile, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Cameroon and hosts Russia.

The tournament will kick off on June 17, with the final held on July 2, meaning Can could play another three weeks of football before he is afforded a break this summer.

It means that the No. 23 will join Klopp’s squad late for pre-season for the third year running – especially if Germany reach the final, which is likely given the calibre of their opposition.

Can joined the squad late in 2015 after his time with Germany at the U21 European Championship, while he joined the Reds’ tour of the United States late last summer, too, following the Euros in France.

This has no doubt hampered Can’s momentum at Liverpool, finding himself constantly on the back foot in terms of fitness.

It has only been in the second half of the season that Can has been able to hit top form, as he explained in April, attesting to his persistent calf issues.

“For me, this season was a little bit difficult but the last few weeks, I feel better and I think you can see that on the pitch,” he said.

“I have struggled with a few injuries, I had calf problems that was a little bit more than everybody thought.

“But I continue to play and as long as the manager wants me to, I want to as well.”

Given the physical demands of Can’s role, it is no surprise to see him struggle after a lack of rest since arriving from Bayer Leverkusen in 2014.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/0...-germany-call/

Not ideal this.

If Germany make it to the final, which is very possible, their final game will be on July 2nd. Emre will then have a few weeks off, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Emre Can to miss start of Liverpool’s pre-season preparations after Germany call-up

Emre Can has been named in Joachim Low’s Germany squad for the Confederations Cup, in a blow to Liverpool’s pre-season plans.

Can has made 39 appearances for the Reds in 2016/17, battling through a series of calf problems to play the sixth-most minutes (2,720) in Jurgen Klopp‘s squad.

This comes after playing the second-most minutes of any Liverpool outfield player last season (4,215), as well as spending the summer with Germany at the European Championship in France.

The 23-year-old’s busy schedule is not set to end this month, either, with Can called up as part of Low’s squad for the upcoming Confederations Cup.

Liverpool’s summer target Julian Brandt is also included in a youthful selection.

Germany are included following their World Cup triumph in 2014, and join Australia, Chile, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Cameroon and hosts Russia.

The tournament will kick off on June 17, with the final held on July 2, meaning Can could play another three weeks of football before he is afforded a break this summer.

It means that the No. 23 will join Klopp’s squad late for pre-season for the third year running – especially if Germany reach the final, which is likely given the calibre of their opposition.

Can joined the squad late in 2015 after his time with Germany at the U21 European Championship, while he joined the Reds’ tour of the United States late last summer, too, following the Euros in France.

This has no doubt hampered Can’s momentum at Liverpool, finding himself constantly on the back foot in terms of fitness.

It has only been in the second half of the season that Can has been able to hit top form, as he explained in April, attesting to his persistent calf issues.

“For me, this season was a little bit difficult but the last few weeks, I feel better and I think you can see that on the pitch,” he said.

“I have struggled with a few injuries, I had calf problems that was a little bit more than everybody thought.

“But I continue to play and as long as the manager wants me to, I want to as well.”

Given the physical demands of Can’s role, it is no surprise to see him struggle after a lack of rest since arriving from Bayer Leverkusen in 2014.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/0...-germany-call/

Not ideal this.

If Germany make it to the final, which is very possible, their final game will be on July 2nd. Emre will then have a few weeks off, I guess.
    Ffs! International football needs to **** off.

Ffs! International football needs to **** off.
    Yeah its annoying and we always seem to get that injuries from internationals. Having said that i'm glad hes been called up. Low's rested all of the regular XI so it will be good for Emre's development to start and play most of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by victheman View Post
    Yeah its annoying and we always seem to get that injuries from internationals. Having said that i'm glad hes been called up. Low's rested all of the regular XI so it will be good for Emre's development to start and play most of their games.
    True atleast he will be playing, but the euro's were a joke. They pretty much made him lose all of his match fitness by not playing him then sent him back to us at the latest possible moment, which threw his whole season off. There is no way he has the start to the season behind Henderson like he did if that didn't happen.

My player of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    My player of 2017
    Big part of the reason we made top 4! No doubt about it.

I wonder if his contract will be sorted out now? Klopp embraced him longer than any other player and talked to him after the game.

I wonder if his contract will be sorted out now? Klopp embraced him longer than any other player and talked to him after the game.
    I god hope so. Would not have looked out of place wearing the captain's armband since February

My player of 2017
    Dont know if you know but 2017 ends December 31st at midnight

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    Dont know if you know but 2017 ends December 31st at midnight
    So far

Proved his worth massively from March onwards, ran the show in both DM and CM!

My player of 2017
    I'd probably give it Coutinho, both came into form at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by -Monk- View Post
    I'd probably give it Coutinho, both came into form at the same time.
    Just so happens they could both make up our midfield next season.

Improved a lot during the season. Still needs to improve his decision-making and especially his decisiveness but we would be fools to let him leave.

So who would like to know what Klopp was saying to Can at the end of the game? I would. .........

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    You reckon he is good enough for the DM position? Next season?.... I would love to see that. Henderson as the player for one of the 2 games per week.

So who would like to know what Klopp was saying to Can at the end of the game? I would. .........
    'Emre, Emre, if we pretend to chat here it will drive NY Mike mad with intrigue'.

This club is going places, you would be stupid to give this up......sign here.

'If you start next season like you started the last one, I'll give you Das boot back to our motherland'

Quote Originally Posted by xaiax View Post
    'Emre, Emre, if we pretend to chat here it will drive NY Mike mad with intrigue'.

It was longer than the usual "well done lad" after match exchange. So.......

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    No song for Emre as the players walked round the pitch at the end, everyone who has a song , it got sung apart from Emre Can one.
    Something was given to him by a fan I think, Phil got the same thing, looked to be a box with something in it.

My thoughts exactly, he embraced Emre alot longer than the others aswell.