Notices
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for the 2016/2017 season, thread 8

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    15k / week? Where did you get that? Christ, I'd bet we pay Bogdan more than that. Karius was blatantly bought to be #1, that's why even an in-form Migs almost immediately lost his place.
    Google a couple of sites have it on there. Is it wrong?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    15k / week? Where did you get that? Christ, I'd bet we pay Bogdan more than that. Karius was blatantly bought to be #1, that's why even an in-form Migs almost immediately lost his place.
    he is right..
    http://www.totalsportek.com/money/li...ayer-salaries/

but klopp did bought him as first choice there is no doubt about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    he is right..
    http://www.totalsportek.com/money/li...ayer-salaries/

but klopp did bought him as first choice there is no doubt about that...
    I'm having doubts, maybe eventually but not now.

Last season Migs gets a new deal and a pay rise.

Klopp says he is happy with his keeper and that he's more worried about what is going on 'before' it's getting to the keeper.

Bye bye Bogdan.

Klopp brings in Matip and the pre-season helps sure up our overall defensive play.

Migs comes out playing a lot better.

This bit I don't get - Klopp throws Karius in the deep end. Migs was ok so what made him do it?

Karius obviously needs time to adjust and is taken back off for Migs.

I think Migs is still the 'Senior' player until Karius kinds his feet (gloves).

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post

Klopp says he is happy with his keeper and that he's more worried about what is going on 'before' it's getting to the keeper.

Bye bye Bogdan.

Klopp brings in Matip and the pre-season helps sure up our overall defensive play.

This bit I don't get - Klopp throws Karius in the deep end. Migs was ok so what made him do it?

Karius is still fresh and could turn into a great keeper. he certainly has the potential to be one..Not to mention Karius was voted as the Bundesliga's best young keeper last season. i'm sure he will come good eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    Karius is still fresh and could turn into a great keeper. he certainly has the potential to be one..Not to mention Karius was voted as the Bundesliga's best young keeper last season. i'm sure he will come good eventually.
    He's good right now and will become great.

Quite unfair of Klopp to use the Karius situation like that. Karius is clearly a number 2 keeper brought in to hone his craft. He's on 15k pw ffs. Why people have put him on the same level as Migs is unfair on him. You don't pay a 1st team player 15k pw, that's taking the mick.

We had Bogdan as Migs's cover so the Keeper situation is actually much better now Mr Klopp, not worse.

Quantity doesn't always mean 'bad quality', do it properly and get quality players to beef the squad's number up.
    I think he's talking more about the fans than the team though. Mignolet has been pretty solid all season and Karius definitely looks to be coming into form the last few weeks after a bit of a rocky stretch and the whole media fighting fiasco. The keepers haven't really been the problem yet people around here (and I'm sure other places as well) keep going on about it and journos keep asking him questions about it.

Out of the list above, I would consider the below players the available Senior/developed/Pros;

Mignolet
    Karius
    Lovren
    Matip
    Klavan
    Clyne
    Moreno
    Henderson
    Milner
    Lucas
    Can
    Lallana
    Wijnaldum
    Mane
    Coutinho
    Firminho
    Origi
    Sturridge

That's 18 players, One Matchday squad including the bench. No wonder we're ********** as soon as someone is missing
    It amazing that people think that we've got that amount of players if we did have a squad of 18 players we won't be struggling

The players who fit Klopp set up

Karius
    Clyne
    Matip
    Milner
    Henderson
    Wijnaldum
    Lallana
    Mane
    Firmino
    Coutino
    Origi
    Gomez

Then maybe they reach their potential

Ward
    Arnold
    Ejaria
    Grujic

12 certain players who fit the system and 4 with potential that is not good enough

Bye bye Bogdan.

Karius made one mistake all the sudden is a bad keeper, prior to that he was pulling off saves Mignolet would struggle with not only that he's shown that he's got potential to be a very good sweeper keeper and great technical feet as well as being very sound with the basic goalkeeping skills

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    It amazing that people think that we've got that amount of players if we did have a squad of 18 players we won't be struggling

The players who fit Klopp set up

Karius
    Clyne
    Matip
    Milner
    Henderson
    Wijnaldum
    Lallana
    Mane
    Firmino
    Coutino
    Origi
    Gomez

Then maybe they reach their potential

Ward
    Arnold
    Ejaria
    Grujic

12 certain players who fit the system and 4 with potential that is not good enough
    Is that the players' fault or the system's?

If it was just about the PL and it was in two parts (winter break) then 18 players may be enough but as it is, our numbers were too low.

Moving forward now, We should be able to get through the remainder of the season with a small number of 1st eleven players.

If it was just about the PL and it was in two parts (winter break) then 18 players may be enough but as it is, our numbers were too low.

Moving forward now, We should be able to get through the remainder of the season with a small number of 1st eleven players.
    That depends on the mind set. By the looks of it, the players have already given up hope.

Why say we got 18 players ?

If had 18 good players we would not be out both cups

Klopp needs to change the system.
    We have good players but the opposing teams have found a way to stop us playing our system

You and Fred and Ron must be reveling in this. Cue the endless "I told you so".

Ironically, now that we're out of both cups, we probably don't need to bring anyone in now this Jan, .....16 games, 111 days, a full week recovery between games, ......the sad thing now is that panic buys aren't needed. We needed players 26 days ago, now we can actually wait till the summer to see whos really available, ......sad

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Is that the players' fault or the system's?
    Nope it the fact Klopp had opportunities to strengthen the squad but has neglected doing so.

Everyone said before the season started that we had enough cover for Coutino and Mane by playing players out of position.

When everything was hunky dory we had five elements what work

Lallana what is the looked sensational playing in central midfield not part front 3 and along with Wijnaldum as they were the pass and go technical midfielders and tremendous work rate

In the front three we had guile and flare, attacking the space, Dennis the Menace pace

Because we lost both Coutino and Mane with the introduction of Can those five elements are missing from the team.

And ust shows that we have not the depth
    Last edited by BeautifulHistory; 28-1-17 at 15:12.

Quote Originally Posted by SriHanuman View Post
    We have good players but the opposing teams have found a way to stop us playing our system
    It's not the tactics or formation

When past are best 10 best players we only got 2 good squad players about three or four potential players.

That's why the whole wheels have fallen off the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Silverthorn View Post
    Ironically, now that we're out of both cups, we probably don't need to bring anyone in now this Jan, .....16 games, 111 days, a full week recovery between games, ......the sad thing now is that panic buys aren't needed. We needed players 26 days ago, now we can actually wait till the summer to see whos really available, ......sad
    I still think we need a decent left back. Milner has been a great pro there but there's a lack of cover and it means that we end up with a Can and Hendo pairing in midfield when we have players out. I'd throw any amount of money at filling that position now, not wait until the summer. If a left back helps us stay at the top 4, the CL cash will more than cover it.

I'm not even saying 18 'good' players, I'm just saying 18 'professional' players to choose from. Whether they're good enough is a whole different conversation

Deadwood. The whole lot.

I'm not even saying 18 'good' players, I'm just saying 18 'professional' players to choose from. Whether they're good enough is a whole different conversation
    Like i said we got 12 who fit Klopp team and good enough.

If we had 18 players we be fine,

Nope it the fact Klopp had opportunities to strengthen the squad but has neglected doing so.

Everyone said before the season started that we had enough cover for Coutino and Mane by playing players out of position.

When everything was hunky dory we had five elements what work

Lallana what is the looked sensational playing in central midfield not part front 3 and along with Wijnaldum as they were the pass and go technical midfielders and tremendous work rate

In the front three we had guile and flare, attacking the space, Dennis the Menace pace

Because we lost both Coutino and Mane with the introduction of Can those five elements are missing from the team.

And ust shows that we have not the depth
    How can he strengthen the squad if he can't get the players he wants?

Or are u still one of the hammerheads that ll except any player coming in as long as it's a new player?

Good thing it's 11:00 soon and tomorrow is Sunday. I'm gonna get properly hammered today.

Quote Originally Posted by SriHanuman View Post
    Another gem here.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Good thing it's 11:00 soon and tomorrow is Sunday. I'm gonna get properly hammered today.
    Home or the pub?

Like i said we got 12 who fit Klopp team and good enough.

If we had 18 players we be fine,
    I'm saying I don't think 18 is fine for an English season - that's just one matchday squad including the bench. No way near what we need with the brand of football we want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    Home or the pub?
    Probably gonna stay home as I'm too embarrassed to face the lads at the pub. And I've got a 24 of delicious Stiegl in the fridge.

How can he strengthen the squad if he can't get the players he wants?

Or are u still one of the hammerheads that ll except any player coming in as long as it's a new player?
    I have said numerous times that it's very rare that then just get his number one target

Come the summer the likelihood that Klopp would have to look for alternatives

What's the difference between finding alternative in January and in the summer ?

The second point is believing that there's only one player who can improve or fit Klopp system ?

Where in a world where there's thousands of thousands of football players with huge potential out there.

My final point is everyone is obsessed with buying the best players

is not having 11 world class players is about the depth of the squad and having adequate players who can come in keep the tempo and the shape of everything without destructing anything

And it's been one of a problems 20 years not having adequate backup player

Another gem here.
    And so profound.

I'm saying I don't think 18 is fine for an English season - that's just one matchday squad including the bench. No way near what we need with the brand of football we want to play.
    I would happy if had 18 plsyers be 1st time had that much players but i said we only got 12 players who fit Klopp set up.