Notices
Closed Thread
Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2885

Thread: Squad for the 2016/2017 season, thread 8

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    Absolutely. They'd still have to be better than Milner who can cross with his left. If you were picking a player ideally he'd be left footed. I suppose we'll have to wait and see but I'm comfortable with Milner. I can see a player like Rodriguez with a fantastic left foot and great full back potentially being better.

When I think of all the left backs we've signed for the past 10 years or more not one would improve upon Milner's performances this season. If we sign a left back and he's left footed and he's better than Milner there you wouldn't find me complaining about it.
    Milner has been doing great for the most part, no doubt. It is v the sides that sit deep that we lack that width to stretch them and get in behind. For those games especially we need either the FB or the WG or even both to be on the outside foot.

You might be right about Sessegnon though.
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/medi...ship-wonderkid
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Milner has been doing great for the most part, no doubt. It is v the sides that sit deep that we lack that width to stretch them and get in behind. For those games especially we need either the FB or the WG or even both to be on the outside foot.

I saw somewhere that Sessegnon is gonna snub LFC and Chelsea and sign an extension at Fulham

He's a rare talent. You can see by his belief at that age. Quick, technically gifted, can score, good left foot but it's the fact he's taken to first team football with such ease that will no doubt draw comparisons with Bale at Southampton or Ashley Cole at Arsenal.

All different players but when a player breaks through at 16 or 17 and looks so good you usually have a talent.

He's a rare talent. You can see by his belief at that age. Quick, technically gifted, can score, good left foot but it's the fact he's taken to first team football with such ease that will no doubt draw comparisons with Bale at Southampton or Ashley Cole at Arsenal.

All different players but when a player breaks through at 16 or 17 and looks so good you usually have a talent.
    If things are as you say, then Klopp better be all over him.

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Absolutely. They'd still have to be better than Milner who can cross with his left. If you were picking a player ideally he'd be left footed. I suppose we'll have to wait and see but I'm comfortable with Milner. I can see a player like Rodriguez with a fantastic left foot and great full back potentially being better.

When I think of all the left backs we've signed for the past 10 years or more not one would improve upon Milner's performances this season. If we sign a left back and he's left footed and he's better than Milner there you wouldn't find me complaining about it.
    I have heard he is excellent going forward and can take a free kick, but what about his defending?

Hahaha mate - so wrong it seems - Gaspar is the talk, not Sessegnon - and Gaspar is another right footed utility player

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Hahaha mate - so wrong it seems - Gaspar is the talk, not Sessegnon - and Gaspar is another right footed utility player
    You'll find rumours for both. Given that both are rumours are there is no outcome it's a surprise you have confidence to declare one right and one wrong. I feel confident there will also be a link over the summer with Leverkusen's full backs Mr Wendell and Henrichs.

One a right footed utility player capable of playing in midfield and both full back positions and a left back. I'm not saying Gaspar is not a target. Just that it makes much less logical sense.

Firstly he's French and Klopp has no strong links with Ligue 1 and little experience of the French League. That certainly doesn't rule him out but he has little experience in the French league. An inexperienced French youngster, right footed playing left back having to come to England and adapt at 19 would be a surprising signing.

Mane, Wijnaldum were both already adapted to the Premier League. Matip and Karius were experienced Bundesliga players despite being young and Klopp knew them well. These were the first team signings.

Even Klavan (a squad player) was a player Klopp knew very well and Grujic (potential prospect) was known well to Buvac. Now we've had another season to expand scouting but I;m not confident Klopp is going to take too many gambles.

He preferred Milner (a layer he knew) converting to left back than making a move he wasn't sure of. Currently at the start of next season we have Milner, Moreno and Flanagan capable of playing left back. An unproven French teen coming to England at 19 I don't see it but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekback View Post
    I have heard he is excellent going forward and can take a free kick, but what about his defending?
    I couldn't say you have to watch defenders for a whole season to understand their consistent defensive ability. He's strong, decent in the air, clearly great left foot but I'm sure question marks over any signing

One player I used to think was an overhyped, overrated nob but from what I've seen recently I'm starting to wonder now if he would fit perfectly into Klopp's football style.
    Wilfried Zaha.
    The guy seems to be an absolute train and causes real problems for defenders, admittedly this is just based on football highlights.

Linked with Dembele from Dortmund and Roma's Kostas Monolas today.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Linked with Dembele from Dortmund and Roma's Kostas Monolas today.
    I'd take Manolas in a heartbeat. One of the quickest CBs around from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I'd take Manolas in a heartbeat. One of the quickest CBs around from what I've seen.
    Would we pay the 35m though?

Would we pay the 35m though?
    I don't know, but we need a pacey CB, I feel. Obviously he needs to be right in other ways too (Which I think he is), but I wouldn't mind us paying that sort of money for him. Still young enough, too.

I'd take Dembele as wel in a heartbeatl.

I'd take Dembele as wel in a heartbeatl.
    Ya he's absolute class

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Ya he's absolute class
    Fast, direct, equally good with both feet, can play on both wings or behind the striker, what's not to like?

I don't know, but we need a pacey CB, I feel. Obviously he needs to be right in other ways too (Which I think he is), but I wouldn't mind us paying that sort of money for him. Still young enough, too.
    Don't remember ever seeing him play. What side is he usually playing? Any good in the air?

Fast, direct, equally good with both feet, can play on both wings or behind the striker, what's not to like?
    Nothing....would absolutely love him here, along with Aubameyang

Don't remember ever seeing him play. What side is he usually playing? Any good in the air?
    Usually right side from what I've seen of him. His aerial ability has never really stood out to me, one way or the other, but he has always seemed a good reader of the game and has pace to burn. I think we need a CB with pace to cover the high line we always end up playing (and getting countered from) against the smaller teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Nothing....would absolutely love him here, along with Aubameyang
    That would be some coup if Klopp could pull it off.

Usually right side from what I've seen of him. His aerial ability has never really stood out to me, one way or the other, but he has always seemed a good reader of the game and has pace to burn. I think we need a CB with pace to cover the high line we always end up playing (and getting countered from) against the smaller teams.
    Absolutely. But aerial abitlity wouldn't go amiss either, given how we leak goals from set plays.

That would be some coup if Klopp could pull it off.
    Do you really believe that's realistic though?

Aubameyang will cost at least 80m, Dembele at least 50m. They're Dortmund's most talented players along Reus and Weigl (Götze) and Dortmund has zero interest in selling them. And even if they sell them, they will probably go to Real, Bayern or Barca. Sorry, but the chances of getting any of them are very very low.

I would rather keep an eye on Leverkusen's players. Leverkusen is about to miss the international competitions this year despite having an extremely talented squad. As a result some of their players might be looking to make a move to a team that plays CL.

So whom would I recommend? Well, Brandt is an excellent player who can be world class one day, no wonder that Klopp wants him. If possible, buy him. Then there's Tah, who I think is Germany's most talented young CB at the moment. Henrichs is another big talent at the RB position, who has been linked with ManCity and Bayern lately. Also Kampl, Wendell, Chicharito, Calhanoglu and Bender are very good players although you might not necessarily need them (I would take Bender though if he wasn't that injury-prone).

So again, if you wanna buy some Bundesliga players, you should target Leverkusen rather than Dortmund. Also, Schalke and Leipzig have some good talents (Leipzig's Keita is a must-buy for any team that can afford him, this dude is gonna be one of the world's best CM).

Quote Originally Posted by Klopp_Ist_Geil View Post
    Do you really believe that's realistic though?

Aubameyang will cost at least 80m, Dembele at least 50m. They're Dortmund's most talented players along Reus and Weigl (Götze) and Dortmund has zero interest in selling them. And even if they sell them, they will probably go to Real, Bayern or Barca. Sorry, but the chances of getting any of them are very very low.

I would rather keep an eye on Leverkusen's players. Leverkusen is about to miss the international competitions this year despite having an extremely talented squad. As a result some of their players might be looking to make a move to a team that plays CL.

So whom would I recommend? Well, Brandt is an excellent player who can be world class one day, no wonder that Klopp wants him. If possible, buy him. Then there's Tah, who I think is Germany's most talented young CB at the moment. Henrichs is another big talent at the RB position, who has been linked with ManCity and Bayern lately. Also Kampl, Wendell, Chicharito, Calhanoglu and Bender are very good players although you might not necessarily need them (I would take Bender though if he wasn't that injury-prone).

So again, if you wanna buy some Bundesliga players, you should target Leverkusen rather than Dortmund. Also, Schalke and Leipzig have some good talents (Leipzig's Keita is a must-buy for any team that can afford him, this dude is gonna be one of the world's best CM).
    No. Hence I used the word coup.

And I would get Keita in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by canuck33; 19-3-17 at 14:26.

So Leipzig have set the price for Keita. £26m.
    We should go out and agree the deal now .

Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post
    We should go out and agree the deal now .
    Didn't he collapse end of last game with a heart condition.

Didn't he collapse end of last game with a heart condition.
    Wtf?

[QUOTE=canuck33;12454971] Wtf?[/http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-target-naby-keita-collapses-12728625

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-target-naby-keita-collapses-12728625
    Scary stuff.

Link with Marega all I know is that a striker dubbed Jamie Vardy and apparently Tottenham want as well

Another striker with been link with is German under 21 striker Werner

So what's the count now 6 strikers linked

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Link with Marega all I know is that a striker dubbed Jamie Vardy and apparently Tottenham want as well

Another striker with been link with is German under 21 striker Werner

So what's the count now 6 strikers linked
    Looks like all kids though.