Notices
Closed Thread
Page 50 of 102 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 3035

Thread: Gini Wijnaldum - deserves better recognition than what he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    Man City didn't cut through our middle, it was all down the wings, especially our left side.

Until De Bruyne went out wide he didn't get a sniff and Yaya looked like he had just finish the London Marathon
    Watch the game again, at least 5 clear chances came through the middle
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Wijnaldum was excellent again today, great performance from him. I know KH will be chuffed.

ball came to him late second half 3 men on him, done a zidane like turn, skinned them all
    Last edited by johnj147; 19-3-17 at 23:58.

Liverdinner is offline Posts With His Faace
    I don't think he was excellent or anything, but I think he was good enough.

Him and Can had mostly good games today and between them I think it earned us a point.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    According to emmaxx2 mane was terrible aswell , looking forward to seeing how good he is when he is not terrible
    According to reality Mane was terrible.Are you fishing for John to agree with you on another discussion because you think he is on your side on this one?Lame

Quote Originally Posted by johnj147 View Post
    not terrible, but wasted a few good opportunitys to put city to bed
    I cant think of anything he did right, this was his kind of game he usually shines but he kept making the wrong decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    I cant think of anything he did right, this was his kind of game he usually shines but he kept making the wrong decisions
    Even though we'd all love to have seen Mane have another blinder, the fact other players outperformed him like Lallana, Windaljum and Can who I thought was more assured, would have made Klopp content.

And how about that dud Milner, another penalty take. Utter garbage

What on earth.....?

According to reality Mane was terrible.Are you fishing for John to agree with you on another discussion because you think he is on your side on this one?Lame
    no offence but I think your talking nonsense and it's you not in touch with reality, was mane at his best? no but was a constant pain for city's defence? yes , far from terrible and who the ****** is john?

ball came to him late second half 3 men on him, done a zidane like turn, skinned them all
    no sorry , that did not happen according to emmaxx2 and reality

Acumen is online now First team regular
    I enjoyed watching him today. He was probably our best attacking threat in the first half.

Luis-Garcia's-left-peg is online now Directors Box
    Ya remember that it was very good

Tbf we've a lot of players good in tight areas. Mane, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Gini all have very close control.

Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    Even though we'd all love to have seen Mane have another blinder, the fact other players outperformed him like Lallana, Windaljum and Can who I thought was more assured, would have made Klopp content.

And how about that dud Milner, another penalty take. Utter garbage
    Was assured in what? His passing was erratic, his touch was bad and his decision making was awful .When he had space to run with the ball he would stop and try difficult passes, when a simple one two pass was the better option he would drag the ball into an area which left him isolated. Another thing he did that was frustrating was turn inside into congested areas instead of going out wide.This is not a criticism of his time here which most mistake a critique of a single bad game for.I dont need to pander to his fans by sugarcoating not being impressed with a player by saying stuff like he wasn't the worst performer.

As for Milner I don't see how him taking a great penalty negates from what I said about him. I even said he was a great penalty taker in his thread. I thought he got roasted by City players countless times
    Quote Originally Posted by GruntB4 View Post
    What on earth.....?
    Cool story
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    no offence but I think your talking nonsense and it's you not in touch with reality, was mane at his best? no but was a constant pain for city's defence? yes , far from terrible and who the ****** is john?
    His rapid pace will always be a constant pain to any side that open ,what he did on the ball was what I'm criticising. iF you're gonna call my opinion rubbish you could at least tell me what he did right not some vague response like "he was a constant pain" Is like being told a player gave us energy

Can on numerous sporting websites received a very high rating out of ten after his performance against City. Some gave as high as a 9/10.

Emaxx disagrees.

Opinions, that's all.

Gazza74 is offline LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    My view on Gini has been clear since he signed, quality player who will only get better, and yesterday he was excellent. The ball through for Firmino in the Lallana fluffed chance move was delightful.

Love the lad, can't wait to see more of him in the coming years when hopefully he'll get even better and more consistent, along with the team under Jurgen.

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    Does anyone think he looked a little more aggressive yesterday..I think that is something we lack in the team so I hope he Kees it up
    Klopps beard twin

Decent yesterday but we do go overboard. We win that match with a quality spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post
    Decent yesterday but we do go overboard. We win that match with a quality spine.
    Nah we win that with better finishing. Same same with City could have won that with better finishing...

Yeah if we had Wanyama we'd win by 4.

I think generally there was just a lot of praise for a genuinely excellent spectacle, made that way for various reasons
    Last edited by kickthetyres; 20-3-17 at 15:35. Reason: Silliness removed

Solid game. Produces sound performances against the top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    Yeah if we had Wanyama we'd win by 4.
    You do know that ridiculing Wanyama makes you seem silly as most of you lot wrote him off yet he's been a revelation for spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    Can on numerous sporting websites received a very high rating out of ten after his performance against City. Some gave as high as a 9/10.

Emaxx disagrees.

Opinions, that's all.
    When did I disagree about Can's rating?

Was assured in what? His passing was erratic, his touch was bad and his decision making was awful .When he had space to run with the ball he would stop and try difficult passes, when a simple one two pass was the better option he would drag the ball into an area which left him isolated. Another thing he did that was frustrating was turn inside into congested areas instead of going out wide.This is not a criticism of his time here which most mistake a critique of a single bad game for.I dont need to pander to his fans by sugarcoating not being impressed with a player by saying stuff like he wasn't the worst performer.

As for Milner I don't see how him taking a great penalty negates from what I said about him. I even said he was a great penalty taker in his thread. I thought he got roasted by City players countless times

Cool story

His rapid pace will always be a constant pain to any side that open ,what he did on the ball was what I'm criticising. iF you're gonna call my opinion rubbish you could at least tell me what he did right not some vague response like "he was a constant pain" Is like being told a player gave us energy
    what he did right is he kept going at their backline he beat them most occasions , his non stop movement made the game difficult for their defence , as much as I've seen him play better he was still good yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    His touch, technique, calmness on the ball and driving runs into the box to score goals mark him as a good player.
    What marks the 'good' players from the the 'great' players is consistency and (currently) Gini doesn't have that but then, neither does any player in our entire squad.
    Exactly right.

Rumors that he was injured in Holland training today

Quote Originally Posted by dipsomniax13 View Post
    ffs happened the last time he went away

Acumen is online now First team regular
    That's a bummer. We have zero alternatives unless Lucas comes in and Can goes forward.

Quote Originally Posted by dipsomniax13 View Post
    Head injury.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    I think Gini are excellent for our midfield with regards to pressing, retaining possession and breaking from midfield. I think the key position we need to address is the third midfielder. Do we get an out and out holding midfielder or do we get midfielder who 'can' hold but is more creative than both Can and Henderson.
    Both Gini and Lallana have to take greater responsibility with regards to scoring goals.