Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing Places - Premier and Championship

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    meh, no thanks.

If they were such big clubs they wouldn't have festered down the leagues for as long as they have.
    they do have a large fanbase though
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Up- Newcastle, Leeds and Brighton.
    Down - Sunderland, palace and Leicester. That's my wish.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    I'm hoping Villa get relegated again. They are only 8 points above the zone.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    Leeds and Forest fans aren't particularly pleasant.

I mean, on the evolutionary scale, they are just below echidnas, but we do at least have some decent history with them both, and I'd prefer that to playing teams like Reading

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    Leeds and Forest fans aren't particularly pleasant.

I mean, on the evolutionary scale, they are just below echidnas, but we do at least have some decent history with them both, and I'd prefer that to playing teams like Reading
    I agree, I live in Nottingham nowadays, they have a massive fan base and they are always banging on about how scummy scousers are , but most of the worst people I have ever met have been forest fans.

Teams like that deserve to be in the lower leagues, Leeds are pretty similar too, they remind me of a northern millwall, known for the nastiness of the support more than for the football.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I agree, I live in Nottingham nowadays, they have a massive fan base and they are always banging on about how scummy scousers are , but most of the worst people I have ever met have been forest fans.

Teams like that deserve to be in the lower leagues, Leeds are pretty similar too, they remind me of a northern millwall, known for the nastiness of the support more than for the football.
    That's why I want them back in the PL, because it's more satisfying to beat them.

When I think of Reading, in the county of Berkshire, I think of Kate Winslet and Mike Oldfield. Not exactly names that fire up my competitive spirit.

thats just the `88 5-0 hammering talking.... god i miss john barnes

Going up.

Newcastle
    Brighton
    Huddersfield.

Going down.
    Middlesbrough.
    Crystal Palace
    Sunderland.

I can't stand both Moyes and Allardyce and the sooner they are out of the top flight the better.

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    thats just the `88 5-0 hammering talking.... god i miss john barnes
    I actually like Leeds and want to see them promoted eventually although it won't be this season. I also have a soft spot for both Blackburn and Bolton too, because like Leeds they despise Manchester United.

James Milner a dyed in the wool Leeds fan admitted to his overall hatred of Manchester United. He hates them as much as Stevie Gerrard does.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Derby Leeds Sheff W or Huddersfield are easy trips
    Newcastle and Brighton horrible trips

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    I actually like Leeds and want to see them promoted eventually although it won't be this season. I also have a soft spot for both Blackburn and Bolton too, because like Leeds they despise Manchester United.

James Milner a dyed in the wool Leeds fan admitted to his overall hatred of Manchester United. He hates them as much as Stevie Gerrard does.
    well he joined city , then liverpool and will likely return to leeds .... so all three hate united

stayed true to his roots did james milner

up-- newcastle,wednesday,leeds
    down-- hull( even super markovic cannot save them), leicester city, and finally time is up for sunderland..

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Does my head in when things like that happen, more because people latch on to illogic by association. And to expand I'll give some examples:

- Alex Ferguson won shedloads in his time at Man Utd, but didn't win a trophy for seven years so people suggest if you stick with a manager then they'll do a fergie when there's no cause and effect relationship and way too many variables you couldn't replicate - it isn't 1992/93 for example, not all managers have won the SPL with the 3rd best team in a 2 horse race before joining the club, and Gollum was at a club for donkey's years and the bitters are still nothing

- Mike Brearley effect, not really one of the more common ones but read in BBC comments someone suggested picking someone on their captaincy ability over any batting ability as if it's that simple.

- Leicester City effect, that a one off freak is possible when the truth is so many of the top sides took a season off - chelski struggled, citeh and the mancs tripped over being inconsistent to such an extent the goners and spudz finished 2nd and 3rd.

I'm sure there are more but my lunchbreak is over so best get back to work.
    Baconface won the FA Cup after 4 years. However he did do a marvellous job of taking Man United from 2nd in 1988 to 13th in 1989. That's because his one decent player Captain Crutches was constantly injured. Well that is the obvious reason why Captain Crutches was rejected by Liverpool in 1981. He wasn't prepared to sit on the bench for Liverpool's reserve team.

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Crystal Palace to wipe the smirk of Allardyce's face.
    Leicester for firing Ranieri.

I don't know about you., but I want to see see Sunderland go down for two reasons.

Supporting Adam Johnson and Moyes. I can't stand him.

His 'Peoples club' thing at Everton really got up my nose. They are more like the Village Peoples Club.

I don't know about you., but I want to see see Sunderland go down for two reasons.

Supporting Adam Johnson and Moyes. I can't stand him.

His 'Peoples club' thing at Everton really got up my nose. They are more like the Village Peoples Club.
    Sometimes I wonder if you and I are in different dimensions.
    Sunderland sacked Adam Johnson as soon as he pleaded guilty...

Baconface won the FA Cup after 4 years. However he did do a marvellous job of taking Man United from 2nd in 1988 to 13th in 1989. That's because his one decent player Captain Crutches was constantly injured. Well that is the obvious reason why Captain Crutches was rejected by Liverpool in 1981. He wasn't prepared to sit on the bench for Liverpool's reserve team.
    Another reason to hate Leeds and Forest, sold fergie Keane and Cantona for relative peanuts, even factoring in the fees of the era. Without those two I doubt they'd have been so dominant
    People will believe what they want to believe

Don't know enough about the championship to say anything beyond I second:

I'm hoping Villa get relegated again.
    For the PL I was aboard the Sunderland and Palace trains all along and with Leicester being g**s and firing Ranieri like that they can go down too...

Looking a lot like Middlesbrough - Watford and Sunderland are the dropdowns this season. All playing awful football

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    well he joined city , then liverpool and will likely return to leeds .... so all three hate united

stayed true to his roots did james milner
    James Milner may be as some say extremely boring, but he sure is loyal. He's done what Robbie Fowler did and Craig Bellamy have done. Robbie Fowler joined Leeds and City because just like us, they hate Manchester United.

I mentioned Craig Bellamy regarding loyalty because when he was at City, they were playing Rangers in a pre-season friendly. He was asked to sign a Rangers shirt and refused due to having spent a spell on loan at Celtic under Martin O'Neill who actually gave him his first start at Norwich as a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Looking a lot like Middlesbrough - Watford and Sunderland are the dropdowns this season. All playing awful football

Sometimes I wonder if you and I are in different dimensions.
    Sunderland sacked Adam Johnson as soon as he pleaded guilty...
    They should have booted him out when he was charged. He was sent to prison for being a nonce not shop lifting.

Boro are on a slippery slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    The slippery the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    If you can't score you're not going to stay up and they can't score. It's pretty rare for the team at the bottom of the goals scored list to stay up and they are well behind everyone else in that area. In the PL era, only 3 teams have avoided relegation when scoring fewer than 30 goals, they are on pace for 26-7...

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    If you can't score you're not going to stay up and they can't score. It's pretty rare for the team at the bottom of the goals scored list to stay up and they are well behind everyone else in that area. In the PL era, only 3 teams have avoided relegation when scoring fewer than 30 goals, they are on pace for 26-7...
    True.

Going up.

Newcastle
    Brighton
    Huddersfield.

Going down.
    Middlesbrough.
    Crystal Palace
    Sunderland.

I can't stand both Moyes and Allardyce and the sooner they are out of the top flight the better.
    Now Crystal Palace have got one of the finest central defenders in Europe

I can see them now avoiding relegation

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    The slippery the better.
    Negredo can score goals , Ramirez can chip in few goals but they're not doing it regularly and they haven't got anywhere else capable of scoring which I would have thought it would have been a priority when you get promoted to the Premier League to get goal scorers

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Negredo can score goals , Ramirez can chip in few goals but they're not doing it regularly and they haven't got anywhere else capable of scoring which I would have thought it would have been a priority when you get promoted to the Premier League to get goal scorers
    They must've been constrained by budget. But on the other hand, who'd really want to play for Muddlesbrough? (shudder)

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Now Crystal Palace have got one of the finest central defenders in Europe

I can see them now avoiding relegation
    They also have to play all of the top six, two at home and FOUR away having lost all six of the reverse fixtures and naturally four of those were at home with the closest home margin 0-1 at spudz (0-2 at the new Library against the goners)

Interesting though that with Sakho in defence they've won both games with clean sheets all round Some on here speak as if he's a walking calamity, a "disaster" I think someone alluded if not outright stated.
    People will believe what they want to believe