Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Sessegnon - The next Liverpool-supporting wonderkid

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    Jesus people on here are negative &@)&(s
    Similar reaction when we signed Gomez and would have been if we signed Alli, it's very important for us to be signing the best English young talent for me.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

still too young and raw to be around our first team asset, if we sign him, let's send him out on loan early on to some top flight minnow for a couple of seasons to get him used to

EPL football, improve his fitness and bulking up a bit as any teenager has to follow his growth process any time approaching top flight first team football,
    Last edited by rosso76; 7-2-17 at 22:14.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    Similar reaction when we signed Gomez and would have been if we signed Alli, it's very important for us to be signing the best English young talent for me.
    Not that important at all.

Chelsea and City haven't been doing that, hasn't halted them. In fact, when they do it, it's just to ensure a good profit when they come of age.

Signing English young talent hasn't helped Arsenal gain another PL title.

To be honest, I'm just tired of signing "potential".

Quote Originally Posted by Batteries View Post
    Not that important at all.

Chelsea and City haven't been doing that, hasn't halted them. In fact, when they do it, it's just to ensure a good profit when they come of age.

Signing English young talent hasn't helped Arsenal gain another PL title.

To be honest, I'm just tired of signing "potential".
    Understand how you feel with that one, as I said the 2 shouldn't be mutually exclusive, sign the best young talent aswell as the best players for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    Jesus people on here are negative &@)&(s
    You're only realising that now?

me too I'm fed up that we sign just potential, but it looks like FSG are up to continuing their Money Ball transfer policy,

buying more and more young bargains who potentially have a big resale value within few years time,

as far as I'm concerned, following that market approach we won't go anywhere, ....

but FSG pockets will keep swelling

it tells our recent history
    Last edited by rosso76; 7-2-17 at 22:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Proposition-Joe View Post
    There is a reason. Imagine going from competing with Europe's finest and regularly making CL semi finals to ending up with Roy Hodgson telling us that a 0-0 against a Birmingham side managed by Alex Mcleish is a good result. Then we had Kenny, everyone was buzzing, his reputation gave us hope and FSG had saved us from H&G, we then end up with Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam and Steward Downing. We then have Rodgers, he tells us we are going to cause death by our football. The first season wasn't great, but he's trying to change a lot at the club and blood youngsters. Second season, he makes us believe again, we miss out on the BPL, but finally get into the CL. What do we do? Oh we go and sell our best player and go into our new season with Rickie *********** Lambert and the shambolic Balotelli. We get outclassed by Ludogorets in the CL. Can you not see the pattern here? We take a step forward and then move 2 or 3 steps back. We get our hopes up and then our hopes are destroyed. It's no wonder we are negative.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    The only way for a player to become what he can become is to play regularly. And that doesn't mean 7 games in random cups.

So I don't see the point of signing these type of players unless you send them on 4 year long loans.

A glaring weakness in our team and the only names we're getting linked with are an 18 year old 3rd choice LB at Leicester and this kid?

Why not just sign someone who can go straight into the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    A glaring weakness in our team and the only names we're getting linked with are an 18 year old 3rd choice LB at Leicester and this kid?

agree, Ryan Sessegnon instead of Sead Kolasinac for a reasonable fee!?

on what planet!?

Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    agree, Ryan Sessegnon instead of Sead Kolasinac for a reasonable fee!?

on what planet!?
    That's Liverpool under FSG for you.

Only thinking about 5 years down the line and doing sod all about the present and the path to get there.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    So you guys really think Sessegnon would be our only left back signing in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    So you guys really think Sessegnon would be our only left back signing in the summer?
    I fear, mate,

but it's not even sure we will pick up right him, and not a different target/bargain,

I think Klopp will sign a young, English based LB to compete with Milner next season.

I hadn't thought that player would be Sessegnon, to be honest, and he is only 16, so perhaps/probably not ready.

I think Jurgen will go big on other areas of the pitch (CB, CM, AM) and look for a good and reasonably cheap deal at LB. We've been tenuously 'linked' with Charlie Taylor and Jordan Amavi in recent months, and it's that calibre of player I can see us going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I think Klopp will sign a young, English based LB to compete with Milner next season.

I hadn't thought that player would be Sessegnon, to be honest, and he is only 16, so perhaps/probably not ready.

I think Jurgen will go big on other areas of the pitch (CB, CM, AM) and look for a good and reasonably cheap deal at LB. We've been tenuously 'linked' with Charlie Taylor and Jordan Amavi in recent months, and it's that calibre of player I can see us going for.
    I just don't think he'll persist with Milner there next season. He's never felt like anything but a stop gap solution to me, as well as he's done at times. I'm working under the assumption that we'll have a proper LB coming in, with Sessegnon as back up, and Milner ready to go in if needed, but that he'd essentially be back as midfield utility man next year.

I just don't think he'll persist with Milner there next season. He's never felt like anything but a stop gap solution to me, as well as he's done at times. I'm working under the assumption that we'll have a proper LB coming in, with Sessegnon as back up, and Milner ready to go in if needed, but that he'd essentially be back as midfield utility man next year.
    That's what we should do.

History suggests we won't.

I'd be happy with that, it makes sense.

Still, this is Liverpool FC, so we'll probably end up trading Moreno for Holebas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I'd be happy with that, it makes sense.

Still, this is Liverpool FC, so we'll probably end up trading Moreno for Holebas.
    True that

Euro-77-78-81-84-05 is online now Ask him if the match is on TV
    Always happens, we sign them oh they not proven, we always sign these players. Other teams sign them, why don't we ever sign these players and see the future. Gomez one was brilliant everyone moaning like we blew 50 million on him and he was worst player ever. None had ever seen him play though. Two games in and they were saying he should play for England. Most of the posts were based on that he played for Charlton. Because that's how it works judge a player by the club you sign him from. Like when people didn't want a West Ham reserve, someone that can't even get in the West Ham team. He went on to captain Argentina and go to Barcelona after his time here.

If we sign this kid people will complain because it's Fulham he came from. Then a few weeks later complain when Dembele leaves Celtic, that we never sign these kids, we could have got him for nothing now he is going to a rival for mega millions, and why didn't we sign him from, the same Fulham.

Same when Shaw went to Man Utd, we didn't we go for him, they always get these young stars. Yet a few weeks before they complained we were signing Southampton players and don't want anymore from Southampton. Repeated Southampton thing the next season and again this season with Mane, now are complaining we are not trying for Van Dijk. Man Utd signed Nick Powell from Crewe and people complained they got one of the best talents in the game, despite never hearing of him before and judged it just because it was Man Utd and because at the time Crewe's academy was respected. No idea where Nick Powell even is now.

Origi, after his season loan people who didn't watch him complained he would never play here because he got named in the leagues worst XI. Then got upset when he got injured against Everton because he was scoring regular and they thought he was the clubs best player. So from worst XI in league to our best player in a few months, maybe we should have got more of the worst XI.

If this kid goes to a rival team, there will be posts of how we missed out on a young talent and how we should have got him as he will be worth 50 million in years. Some of the negative people in this topic will be among the first to moan.
    YNWA

Snippes is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DahoudAreYou View Post
    Ryan Sessegnon, 16 year old left back. He's made 17 appearances for Fulham this season, including against Hull in the FA Cup in a 4-1 win in which he scored and assisted a goal.

Apparently we made an enquiry in January but Spurs and Man City are also interested. Fulham are expected to sell him at the end of the season. They've put a 15m price tag on him.

I really hope we don't pass up on this like we did on two other boyhood Liverpool fans Dele Alli and Patrick Roberts.

Article from Squawka on him
    He looks talented for sure....but Jesus, he's a baby. I can't imagine how anyone thinks this kid is remotely near being any kind of solution for Liverpool senior tea a any time soon. This is taking Klopp's buy young to steroid levels. And 15 Mil? We dragged our feet for months over Chilwell who was older because we thought 10 Mil was as extortionist. If he's worth that much, City will just outbid us and we won't compte.

Quote Originally Posted by Snippes View Post
    He looks talented for sure....but Jesus, he's a baby. I can't imagine how anyone thinks this kid is remotely near being any kind of solution for Liverpool senior tea a any time soon. This is taking Klopp's buy young to steroid levels. And 15 Mil? We dragged our feet for months over Chilwell who was older because we thought 10 Mil was as extortionist. If he's worth that much, City will just outbid us and we won't compte.
    We should never pass up talent at any age though mate.

I'd rather that money went on a LB ready to walk straight into the first team. Wouldn't those 15m plus maybe a little bit more be sufficient for someone like Hector? This kid might be a terrific talent, but it'll still be years before he's at Hector's level (particularly if he comes here and gets stuck in the U23).

Snippes is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    We should never pass up talent at any age though mate.
    Oh am not suggesting we pass him up if he's available. I like the idea of scouting and signing young talent any chance we get.

Am just looking at it realistically. If the sums being bandied about are true, we have a manager with a track record of not doing stuff like that....paying huge sums for a 16 year old. And I was reacting to the notion that if we sign him, we do so for our senior team. That ain't happening either....Klopp wouldn't rush a kid that way.

More importantly we need to be focusing on more immediate solutions and supplementing with the young targets as well.

Not all negative , there has to be a lot of realism in these posts ??? but, talking about paying 15mill for an unproven 16yr old at this time of the year is really a bit silly , Everything regarding summer transfers at the moment is total fantasy , or wishful thinking, its all just gossip to keep the jurnos in a job till the summer ????
    Quote Originally Posted by Proposition-Joe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Euro-77-78-81-84-05 View Post
    Always happens, we sign them oh they not proven, we always sign these players. Other teams sign them, why don't we ever sign these players and see the future. Gomez one was brilliant everyone moaning like we blew 50 million on him and he was worst player ever. None had ever seen him play though. Two games in and they were saying he should play for England. Most of the posts were based on that he played for Charlton. Because that's how it works judge a player by the club you sign him from. Like when people didn't want a West Ham reserve, someone that can't even get in the West Ham team. He went on to captain Argentina and go to Barcelona after his time here.

If we sign this kid people will complain because it's Fulham he came from. Then a few weeks later complain when Dembele leaves Celtic, that we never sign these kids, we could have got him for nothing now he is going to a rival for mega millions, and why didn't we sign him from, the same Fulham.

Same when Shaw went to Man Utd, we didn't we go for him, they always get these young stars. Yet a few weeks before they complained we were signing Southampton players and don't want anymore from Southampton. Repeated Southampton thing the next season and again this season with Mane, now are complaining we are not trying for Van Dijk. Man Utd signed Nick Powell from Crewe and people complained they got one of the best talents in the game, despite never hearing of him before and judged it just because it was Man Utd and because at the time Crewe's academy was respected. No idea where Nick Powell even is now.

Origi, after his season loan people who didn't watch him complained he would never play here because he got named in the leagues worst XI. Then got upset when he got injured against Everton because he was scoring regular and they thought he was the clubs best player. So from worst XI in league to our best player in a few months, maybe we should have got more of the worst XI.

If this kid goes to a rival team, there will be posts of how we missed out on a young talent and how we should have got him as he will be worth 50 million in years. Some of the negative people in this topic will be among the first to moan.
    Who said Origi went from worst XI to our best player? I thought he did a bit better when Klopp took over but now he is back to being invisible and showing us why he was in the worst XI(I take him over Sturridge who is even worse)... I think we need to buy some players who are the finished article... We continue to buy these players who may become this or that and they end up becoming nothing... We have plenty of "young talent" in the academy and only one or two of them look decent enough... Young and cheap isn't working time to try something different

Quote Originally Posted by Snippes View Post
    Oh am not suggesting we pass him up if he's available. I like the idea of scouting and signing young talent any chance we get.

Am just looking at it realistically. If the sums being bandied about are true, we have a manager with a track record of not doing stuff like that....paying huge sums for a 16 year old. And I was reacting to the notion that if we sign him, we do so for our senior team. That ain't happening either....Klopp wouldn't rush a kid that way.

More importantly we need to be focusing on more immediate solutions and supplementing with the young targets as well.
    It is hard to know what is true, we are still yet to hear him being linked from Pearce, Reddy or Joyce so till that happens i doubt there is anything in it.

But the price of young English talent is rising every season, but as a club you are better off finding them young than paying premium for them like Stones and Shaw Etc. That said it is apparen that no Journo knows who klopp is targeting, normally this time of season we have already started to get an idea of who we want in the summer. So far there has been nothing but rehashed names from ages ago.

Agreed mate.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post

Every single player we signed has pretty much gone into the first for a significant amount of time.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    This board is so moody and downbeat. Anyone that has seen this kid will tell you he is very special. I would happily see him as first choice and Milner relegated to bench. Milner is the most dribbled past fullback in the entire league (fact) and predictably checks onto his right foot in dangerous areas, never goes on the outside and has no pace to get back when teams break on us. I'd get this kid in and sell Moreno and I like Moreno but he doesn't seem to be improving his defensive positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by DahoudAreYou View Post
    Ryan Sessegnon, 16 year old left back. He's made 17 appearances for Fulham this season, including against Hull in the FA Cup in a 4-1 win in which he scored and assisted a goal.

Apparently we made an enquiry in January but Spurs and Man City are also interested. Fulham are expected to sell him at the end of the season. They've put a 15m price tag on him.

I really hope we don't pass up on this like we did on two other boyhood Liverpool fans Dele Alli and Patrick Roberts.

Article from Squawka on him
    Just a question: How many of our wonderkids (bought or raised by the club) have become even good players, let alone great ones, in the last 10 years?