Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Top 4 - what's yer thoughts about our chances now?

Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    What in the ****? The only thing they are guaranteed is a draw in their next home game.
    Arsenal got whipped by WBA. Hope to see Manures draw WBA and Everton. Hopefully Lukaku can kick @#$ against manures and get a win.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by ALISAY View Post
    Arsenal got whipped by WBA. Hope to see Manures draw WBA and Everton. Hopefully Lukaku can kick @#$ against manures and get a win.
    West Brom could quite easily do that to us to be fair.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Not quite. Only one defeat to a team in the bottom 3 - Hull. All 5 defeats to teams in the bottom half though.
    I know they are all defeats to sides currently in the bottom half, I was referring to a stat where the sides we lost to were in the bottom three at the start of the day.

Looking at Swansea match report they "climbed out of the relegation zone" after beating us so it looks like the stat was right. You're citing a completely different stat.
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I know they are all defeats to sides currently in the bottom half, I was referring to a stat where the sides we lost to were in the bottom three at the start of the day.

Looking at Swansea match report they "climbed out of the relegation zone" after beating us so it looks like the stat was right. You're citing a completely different stat.
    Gotcha, you meant the start of the day we played them, not the day you posted. I did wonder a little about that, given we've not lost to the same team twice I could probably have worked it out.

I guess the good news then is almost all our remaining games are against mid-table teams - current league positions of our remaining opponents are: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 19.

Only Boro and Palace look in any danger of being bottom 3 when we play, and Palace look to have got their act together so should probably be ok.

Most of our opponents have little but pride, and perhaps a fairly insignificant league place or two, to play for.
    Last edited by ***Stuzzza***; 21-3-17 at 13:09.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    West Brom could quite easily do that to us to be fair.
    That is very true Rob.

And with us dropping points against City and United winning their two games in hand they go above us....

We simply have to beat Everton now, surely?
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

We sit on 56 points.

1 Apr - 15:00 Liverpool v Everton

5 Apr - 20:00 Liverpool v Bournemouth

8 Apr - 15:00 Stoke City v Liverpool

16 Apr - 16:00 West Brom v Liverpool

22 Apr - 15:00 Liverpool v Crystal Palace

29 Apr - 15:00 Watford v Liverpool

6 May - 15:00 Liverpool v Southampton

13 May - WestHam v Liverpool

21 May - Liverpool v Middlesborough

20+ points from these and we've every chance. So there is room for error but not a whole pile.

I think we will just get over the line ahead of Utd and Arsenal. Surely Klopp will have us in good shape going towards the last games. The players also know what is needed this season to finish strong. Utd will definitley drop a few points from now until the end with their run of games. Arsenal have issues and look like a team with no confidance.

Quote Originally Posted by KLOPPTIMISTIC View Post
    I think we will just get over the line ahead of Utd and Arsenal. Surely Klopp will have us in good shape going towards the last games. The players also know what is needed this season to finish strong. Utd will definitley drop a few points from now until the end with their run of games. Arsenal have issues and look like a team with no confidance.
    I reckon Arsenal are now after becoming everyones favourite to miss out. Their form has hit a wall and its probably left them with too much to do. I see it as as ourselves, City, Spurs and manure in a battle for the three remaining CL spots.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    I reckon Arsenal are now after becoming everyones favourite to miss out. Their form has hit a wall and its probably left them with too much to do. I see it as as ourselves, City, Spurs and manure in a battle for the three remaining CL spots.
    It may be wishfull thinking but i can't see Utd taking more than 9 points from Chelsea, City, Spurs, Everton and Arsenal. I actually think Spurs Chelsea and City will beat them leaving them with a possible 6 points out of those 5 games. If that is the case they will struggling. I live in hope

Quote Originally Posted by KLOPPTIMISTIC View Post
    It may be wishfull thinking but i can't see Utd taking more than 9 points from Chelsea, City, Spurs, Everton and Arsenal. I actually think Spurs Chelsea and City will beat them leaving them with a possible 6 points out of those 5 games. If that is the case they will struggling. I live in hope
    Yeah, they have some real tough games coming up. A few draws against direct rivals would do very nicely and might see us jump up a place or two if we can keep our cool and win the games we should be winning.

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Manc Utd will miss out they have a tough run in

MrDilkington is online now Academy prospect
    Yea I still think Arsenal will pip Manure to the post.

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    That is very true Rob.

And with us dropping points against City and United winning their two games in hand they go above us....

We simply have to beat Everton now, surely?
    Dont worry Mac the Mancs will drop points

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Manc Utd will miss out they have a tough run in
    I think so too. They also have their eye on the EL so hopefully this affects their league form.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Yea I still think Arsenal will pip Manure to the post.
    No hope for us then Dilk?

MrDilkington is online now Academy prospect
    No hope for us then Dilk?
    I think one of us spurs or city will drop out, hopefully not us !

Ah, I see.

we need to take seriously the fact that teams won't let themselves be pressed or want to keep the ball if they can't force openings, it's harder now. (though I say that we had windows of opportunity to finish off vs city) which is why it's helpful if sturridge is available so we can play with more of a 2 up front with studge and firmino. even if we go with a diamond wijnaldum at the tip, cout lallana, can or some assortment that helps us press from the back.

All we can try to do now is win every game and see where that takes us, if we lose any I don't think we will make it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    we need to take seriously the fact that teams won't let themselves be pressed or want to keep the ball if they can't force openings, it's harder now. (though I say that we had windows of opportunity to finish off vs city) which is why it's helpful if sturridge is available so we can play with more of a 2 up front with studge and firmino. even if we go with a diamond wijnaldum at the tip, cout lallana, can or some assortment that helps us press from the back.
    And how going play a player who's injured yes again and has missed a 80% of the season

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    All we can try to do now is win every game and see where that takes us, if we lose any I don't think we will make it.
    Our rivals are no god, they are gonna drop points too, arsenal are in disarray and utd have the toughest set of fixtures.

no way, we need to win all our remaining games, we are allowed a few mistakes but not many.

I think we should target third .The play-off can be tricky, liecester and utd are still in contention in the cl and el, the 4th placed team could miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    And how going play a player who's injured yes again and has missed a 80% of the season
    i don't think it matters that much that he's missed 80% of the season as long as he gets back to fitness. if not, because I know he's out with injury, we should of signed another striker in the january transfer time Hernandez I don't care, anyone, who suits poss football like danny

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthak kesar View Post
    I think we should target third .The play-off can be tricky, liecester and utd are still in contention in the cl and el, the 4th placed team could miss out.
    3rd would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthak kesar View Post
    Can someone help me understand how uefa has made this rule. I always thought top 3 are qualified by default and 4th team has to go through qualifiers.

Is this not the same rule for other leagues as well ??

This run in will tell us a lot on whether or not we've turned a corner in terms of mentality. As in, are we mentally strong enough to see this out? Everyone knows we are certainly good enough to beat any of those 9 teams any day of the week. So the team has the talent that is required, it's whether we have the mentality to go on a little run and make it happen.
    Last edited by -Seamus-; 23-3-17 at 17:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquerors View Post
    Can someone help me understand how uefa has made this rule. I always thought top 3 are qualified by default and 4th team has to go through qualifiers.

Is this not the same rule for other leagues as well ??
    The top 3 will definitely qualify, but since only 5 English teams are allowed in the Cl if liecester city win the CL and manc win the EL , then the 4th placed team will miss out. Not sure whether the 3rd placed team would be put in playoffs but cl winners are guaranteed group stage qualification.

If both el and cl are not won by you know who then obviously 4th placed team will qualify and will be put in the playoffs.

Same in la liga.

The top 3 leagues are allowed 4 teams.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League

look at the qualification section.
    Last edited by Sarthak kesar; 23-3-17 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    i don't think it matters that much that he's missed 80% of the season as long as he gets back to fitness. if not, because I know he's out with injury, we should of signed another striker in the january transfer time Hernandez I don't care, anyone, who suits poss football like danny
    Think it was huge mistake keeping Daniel Sturridge this season by Klopp.

He had one and a half good Seasons helped by the fact that he had one of the best players in the world since then hasn't done anything of note and constantly injured not only at Liverpool but throughout his career gamble what backfired right from the start

our previous 2 seasons results of the last 10 matches

wba 1 - lfc 1
    lfc 1 - che 1
    lfc 2 - wat 0
    swa 3 - lfc 1
    lfc 2 - new 2
    lfc 4 - eve 0
    bou 1 - lfc 2
    lfc 4 - sto 1
    lfc 1 - tot 1
    sou 3 - lfc 2