Notices
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump POTUS...unbelievable Jeff!

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Been saying that since before Nov 8th. There's gotta be some baaad stuff in there if you can get away with publically discussing how you sexually assault someone and yet still don't dip that much in the polls.(euphemism aside.)
    See now we have a very concrete link as the President's closest Security Adviser has been compromised by a foreign gov. If the GOP had any sense and in this case only some of them do(Graham and McCain) we'd be knee deep in an investigation to make sure the White House has not been compromised.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    See now we have a very concrete link as the President's closest Security Adviser has been compromised by a foreign gov. If the GOP had any sense and in this case only some of them do(Graham and McCain) we'd be knee deep in an investigation to make sure the White House has not been compromised.
    This is his 3rd advisor that has quit due to Russian links/issues. It's been ignored before, can't now.

This is his 3rd advisor that has quit due to Russian links/issues. It's been ignored before, can't now.
    This is the biggest one. The good thing is that we at least have Bannon who can fill this role as well.

Fox news website has absolutely nothing about Flynn on it.

This is the biggest one. The good thing is that we at least have Bannon who can fill this role as well.
    Conway, Spicer, Miller, Bannon, Trump. That's my order of the next to fall. Leaving a horrifying Mike Pence, or just as bad Paul Ryan left to hold the door.

Conway, Spicer, Miller, Bannon, Trump. That's my order of the next to fall. Leaving a horrifying Mike Pence, or just as bad Paul Ryan left to hold the door.
    Where's Preibus??

Where's Preibus??
    He'll survive.

Where's Preibus??
    What's a priebus?

Where's Preibus??
    on his knees in a dark room rocking back and forth I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    What's a priebus?
    Its a car.

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    on his knees in a dark room rocking back and forth I think.
    Oh. I thought he was another guy who was banging Melania along with Taka.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Would closer relations between Russia and the US be a bad thing?
    Having a cold relationship with Russia is a bad thing, I don't understand why it would be worse having a friendly alliance with Russia, they can help us fight Isis for a start.

Or is it because Trump is the president and its just another reason to have a go at him, I bet if Hillary was elected and she wanted a good working relationship with Putin no one would have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Would closer relations between Russia and the US be a bad thing?
    Its not about having a close relationship, its about one country having influence over the others Head of State.

Probably still trying to figure out how to frame it as a liberal conspiracy against him.

Mm..figures. A rw media outlet (owned by Murdoch) will not do anything to upset the apple cart. Its like here when theres anti-rw news you'll find the Daily Express leading with a weather story or the Mail with a health scare.

So we have a national security adviser sacked because he got caught not because of what he was doing. More importantly we have a US president more supportive of Putin and Russia than he is of his own people. You couldnt make this stuff up.

Anyone who is na´ve enough to think Flynn reached out to the Russians on his own is living in a different world. Why would he do that? How would he know Trump and his team were going to relax the sanctions on Russia?

Russia spy sub, Russian missles, and now Russian jets flying close to US Destroyer... (last one per reuters, didn't read article yet- this was last week, apparently)

shody1976 is online now First team regular
    I'm loving Louis & Acumens updates from across the pond - it really is like a comedy show over there at present, with Trumps Basil Fawlty running the roost.

Quote Originally Posted by shody1976 View Post
    I'm loving Louis & Acumens updates from across the pond - it really is like a comedy show over there at present, with Trumps Basil Fawlty running the roost.
    Not much different to Davis, Fox, Farage etc running things over here. When you let extremists in (whether from left or right) s*** happens.

We're only entering the 4th week. Its amazing how utterly incompetent the folks in this administration are, that they are capitulating as soon as they've got the job. At the end of the day, as poor as the staffers in the White House are, this all comes back to the big guy in charge, and quite frankly, not only is he ill-equipped, he is unwilling to equip himself adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Not much different to Davis, Fox, Farage etc running things over here. When you let extremists in (whether from left or right) s*** happens.
    Stop trying to compare the Trump fiasco to Brexit. It's not even close.

We're only entering the 4th week. Its amazing how utterly incompetent the folks in this administration are, that they are capitulating as soon as they've got the job. At the end of the day, as poor as the staffers in the White House are, this all comes back to the big guy in charge, and quite frankly, not only is he ill-equipped, he is unwilling to equip himself adequately.
    I was willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt - I really felt that he needed to be given a chance. But the kind of spectacular incompetence I'm seeing is completely and utterly unnacceptable. Not only has he surrounded himself with an inexperienced, 3rd rate 'team', but he seems to have selected then in the basis on who kissed his arse the most during the election.

Running a country is nothing like running one of his businesses. You can't give your kids top level security clearances like giving out sweets, just as you can't have your senior aides endorsing your daughters clothing line. He needs to sort himself out sharpish and start acting more like a President and less like the kid left in charge of running the local corner shop, cos his dad is on holiday.

I was willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt - I really felt that he needed to be given a chance. But the kind of spectacular incompetence I'm seeing is completely and utterly unnacceptable. Not only has he surrounded himself with an inexperienced, 3rd rate 'team', but he seems to have selected then in the basis on who kissed his arse the most during the election.

Running a country is nothing like running one of his businesses. You can't give your kids top level security clearances like giving out sweets, just as you can't have your senior aides endorsing your daughters clothing line. He needs to sort himself out sharpish and start acting more like a President and less like the kid left in charge of running the local corner shop, cos his dad is on holiday.
    Honestly if he did just this much it would be amazing.

Honestly if he did just this much it would be amazing.
    I'm just wondering what is going to happen next - this Kellyanne Conway seems as equally inept as the rest of them and after that whole 'hey everybody, buy Ivanka Trumps clothes line' fiasco, I could see her following Flynn out of the door quite soon.

I'm just wondering what is going to happen next - this Kellyanne Conway seems as equally inept as the rest of them and after that whole 'hey everybody, buy Ivanka Trumps clothes line' fiasco, I could see her following Flynn out of the door quite soon.
    The problem is that none of them will be honest. Its falsehood after falsehood and its constantly putting yourself on the defensive. There is such a lack of humility that emanates from that group and honestly right now its preventing them from doing their jobs. They people they have hired have such little moral fiber, so little that speaking the truth is almost inconceivable.

The problem is that none of them will be honest. Its falsehood after falsehood and its constantly putting yourself on the defensive. There is such a lack of humility that emanates from that group and honestly right now its preventing them from doing their jobs. They people they have hired have such little moral fiber, so little that speaking the truth is almost inconceivable.
    They lack the basic competence to do their jobs mate.

The trouble is there is a fine line between comedy and tragedy. I just hope that line isn't crossed.

I have to admit the guy with the nuclear football hanging around a hotel taking pictures with the guests while the rest of the guests took pictures on their phones of the pres while he and the lads held an emergency meeting on international security was pretty surreal.

I mean if you wanted to be a spy you are sorted ain't ya. You even get a picture with the guy carrying the Armageddon codes for the laugh while you are at it. Yeeehaaa!

Let me make this point again, just so everyone gets it. Back in late January, Yates and the DOJ informed the White House that Flynn lied to Pence, and that he actually talked sanctions with the Russian Ambassador, potentially breaking the Logan Act. Fully knowing this, the White House did NOTHING, and publically backed Flynn for almost a full month. Letting him in on national security briefings, issues, policies, etc...

Only when the story broke, did Flynn resign, and now the Trump team and WH have no answer to why they didn't fire Flynn immediately.

You have absolutely zero idea what Flynn was allowed to see or hear after the allegation was made (Jan 26th?) - unless you've got wire-taps in the Oval office?..

I have no such insider knowledge, but I am pretty confident that, once known, the actual facts in this affair will disappoint you..

That's not word on the street.