Notices
Closed Thread
Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2974

Thread: Donald Trump POTUS...unbelievable Jeff!

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Also, how the **** is Jared Kushner a thing.

Imgaine if Obama brought in his completely unqualified buddy and had him in charge of a middle east war, a drug epidemic, the economy, etc....

It's complete kleptocracy.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    Are you trying to say someone else did it? I am not disagreeing necessarily just looking to understand your point.
    Besieged opposition forces are a possibility. They are totally on the back foot, like I mentioned it would have been so much easier for Assad to continue to bomb indiscriminately and gain traction back, receiving only a few oratory slaps on the wrist from the international community.

Strategically, within Syria this is a huge win for opposition forces and a huge loss for the government. Assad has just gassed himself (sorry).

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post

Imgaine if Obama brought in his completely unqualified buddy and had him in charge of a middle east war, a drug epidemic, the economy, etc....

He's got a face for punching, thats for sure.

I wonder whether the Trumps have rolled the dice and there is the possibility it will all come crashing to the ground for them. Putting themselves into this public a spotlight could shine on things they didn't want seen, if you know what I mean.

The crazy thing is that Kushner is the "good guy" in the Trump white house. He was a registered democrat who regularly donated money to liberal organizations in the past. If the reports are to be believed, he is also pushing for getting Bannon out of the White House, which can only be a good thing. None of this, of course, makes him the least bit qualified for the job, but I guess it could be worse?
    Last edited by Vortigen; 7-4-17 at 15:53.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post

I wonder whether the Trumps have rolled the dice and there is the possibility it will all come crashing to the ground for them. Putting themselves into this public a spotlight could shine on things they didn't want seen, if you know what I mean.
    He also 'forgot to mention his meetings with Russian banks/ambassadors/spies' when getting his top level security clearance. That makes about 6-10 people now who have done that. Flynn, Kushner, Sessions, Manafort, Page, Carter, Trump, Bannon, Prince.... Anyone who is not seeing the connections is simply willfully ignorant.

The crazy thing is that Kushner is the "good guy" in the Trump white house. He was a registered democrat who regularly donated money to liberal organizations in the past. If the reports are to be believed, he is also pushing for getting Bannon out of the White House, which can only be a good thing. None of this, of course, makes him the least bit qualified for the job, but I guess it could be worse?
    I've been reading a bit about it as well. I honestly don't know what to think about it, other than I see him as a rich boy who inherited everything, and is, like Trump, trying to make himself rich. The China 400M was squashed due to it being exposed and political pressure.

Who knows, maybe he'll be a change for good.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post

Please don't try to convince us that you not Jared Kushner cuz we know you are.

Fox news just reported that a Russian warship has entered eastern Mediterranean water heading towards the 2 US Navy Destroyers who launched the airstrike last night. 13m ago on twitter....

The airstrike reportedly kills 9, including 4 children.

Why was the Treasure secretary in the room during the airstrike?

According to AFP news agency ' Syria's armed forces were warned aboy US military action hours before strike on Shayrat, military sources tell @AFP'

I hope it all kicks off and the US end up at war with Russia, that would be ace viewing !

No that would be world war 3

I see people more angry about the US airstrike than kids being gassed .

Aaaaaaaaannddd..... Gorsuch has taken Garlands seat on the Supreme Court.

Just like that, the history of the States has been changed for the worse and stole by the GOP.

Just like that, the history of the States has been changed for the worse and stole by the GOP.
    Just wait until Kennedy and RBG retire. Gorsuch might end up being the best of the bunch.

Just wait until Kennedy and RBG retire. Gorsuch might end up being the best of the bunch.
    He certainly will be. Considering in private many Democrats actually like Gorsuch or so I've heard.

McConnell played this perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    McConnell played this perfectly.
    You mean because he was able to put a political, partisan judge on the supreme court, which is meant to be apolitical?

And also, changed how our government/democracy works, which was set up precisely for these reasons?

Also, the filibuster was the GOP's only move for the past 8 years, and when the Senate flips back to Dem control in 2 years..... he played the short game, not the long.

You mean because he was able to put a political, partisan judge on the supreme court, which is meant to be apolitical?

And also, changed how our government/democracy works, which was set up precisely for these reasons?

Also, the filibuster was the GOP's only move for the past 8 years, and when the Senate flips back to Dem control in 2 years..... he played the short game, not the long.
    It doesn't have to be the long game if RBG and Kennedy retire soon. He may get what he wants as Vortigen says. I don't know much about Gorusch to say whether he is political or partisan, but tbf both sides are in favor of litmus tests for their appointees anyways, which is wrong. So if Bernie had come in, I'm certain it would also be a partisan or activist judge taking over the reigns.

There is no guarantee the Senate will flip when there are more Dem senators on up for reelection than GOP ones.

Quote Originally Posted by NaDrOsKi View Post

I don't agree with that. What I think people are upset about is that many things about the US Airstrike just don't add up. It raises more questions and creates more issues than it helps to resolve.

Maybe Trump is playing the long game with regards to Ivanka's husband by giving him all the easy jobs like making cross border deals, welcoming foreign dignitaries, leading the white house office of American innovation and of course the easiest task of all an end to the Israeli Palestinian conflict.

I don't agree with that. What I think people are upset about is that many things about the US Airstrike just don't add up. It raises more questions and creates more issues than it helps to resolve.
    I actually think its been his best news cycle since taking the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I actually think its been his best news cycle since taking the office.
    No question. Mission accomplished as far as the administration is concerned.

No question. Mission accomplished as far as the administration is concerned.
    I actually don't think so because now they actually have an issue to deal with and a very large one. Syria is now foremost in terms of foreign policy. I'm sure Mattis and McMaster have follow up ideas to last night's attack. If Trump could solve this Assad situation it would be a big feather in his cap, but it would come at the risk of annoying his base.
    Last edited by Acumen; 7-4-17 at 20:49.

That party are as corrupt and hypocritical as they come. Literally lowered the standards for democracy by doing what they done. When Trump loses the next election, will they change the rules so only the Midwest can vote? It is an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I hope it all kicks off and the US end up at war with Russia, that would be ace viewing !
    no thanks, I would actually like to see us lift another trophy, or anyone lift another trophy that isn't glowing green for that matter.

What are you whining about. It wasn't Garlands seat.

Stolen? It's like you have no idea how it works. A nominee has no "right" to a seat on the SCOTUS. The senate appoints and they appointed Gorsuch.
    Last edited by Megali-Idea; 8-4-17 at 07:48.

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Sorry if you have already seen this. Democracy Now and General Wesley Clark ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joVVYQcgPvQ

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    All this smells very strongly like Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld to me. I wager they had already made their appointments in the State infrastructure under Bush and it hasn't changed very much since then. They are warmongers. They live off war. And its consequences. The plan is being carried out of invading and destabilising one country after another. Just not in the 5 years envisaged. There has been no deviation to that plan though. See Wesley Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by NaDrOsKi View Post

That's not true at all. I'm not convinced we know who committed the terrible gassing. You're assuming because the media say it was Assad it was. It may have been. We don't know that yet there's no investigation, little evidence and American bombed another nation (act of war) based on news reports.

People are worried about what will come next. People are also waking up to the fact this has nothing to do with terrorism. The US want rid of Assad and despite the Assad regime being a terrible reign that isn't a reason for the violent terrorist organisation that is the US military simply levelling another nation killing 10's of 1000's of innocent women and children who have already suffered under Assad.

I can say with full confidence had the US not got involved in the region there would have been no gassing.