Notices
Closed Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2974

Thread: Donald Trump POTUS...unbelievable Jeff!

  1. #1831  
    shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    42,846
    I really can't take conspiracy theories seriously anymore.
    Last edited by tweepie; 18-4-17 at 23:35. Reason: ;)
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #1832  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    52,382
    ........
    Last edited by tweepie; 18-4-17 at 23:48.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #1833  
    shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    42,846
    ....
    Last edited by tweepie; 18-4-17 at 23:49. Reason: Quote deleted so reply loses meaning,
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #1834  
    tweepie is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    29,207
    OK, let's discuss the topic and not the posters please.

    Thank You.
    YNWA
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #1835  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    52,382
    Quote Originally Posted by tweepie View Post
    OK, let's discuss the topic and not the posters please.

    Thank You.
    Fair enough! Probably best just delete that post of mine I reckon.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #1836  
    tweepie is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    29,207
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Fair enough! Probably best just delete that post of mine I reckon.
    I think the edit still allows you to make your point without it being personal.
    YNWA
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #1837  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    52,382
    Quote Originally Posted by tweepie View Post
    I think the edit still allows you to make your point without it being personal.
    I'm not quite sure that was my point
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #1838  
    tweepie is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    29,207
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    I'm not quite sure that was my point

    Ok I'll delete it then.
    YNWA
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #1839  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21,370
    Trump is back visiting the White House yesterday from his Florida private club. This is his 12th visit to the White House since taking office back on Jan 20.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #1840  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,435
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Trump is back visiting the White House yesterday from his Florida private club. This is his 12th visit to the White House since taking office back on Jan 20.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #1841  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,972
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Trump is back visiting the White House yesterday from his Florida private club. This is his 12th visit to the White House since taking office back on Jan 20.
    His supposed "very good friend" Tom Brady will not attend.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #1842  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,972
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #1843  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,208
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    It's incredible that this sort of thing can just happen seemingly without any consequence.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #1844  
    naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    31,921
    ...
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 20-4-17 at 16:59. Reason: intentional or not, linking to racist content or pages containing racist content is not permitted.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #1845  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,843
    Berkeley cancels another conservative speaker after more riots by so called "liberals."

    Never have they fought so hard to deny free speech.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #1846  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,783
    When you have monkeys at the helm...

    A US aircraft carrier and other warships did not sail towards North Korea - but went in the opposite direction, it has emerged. The US Navy said on 8 April that the Carl Vinson strike group was travelling to the Korean peninsula amid tensions over Pyongyang's nuclear ambitions. Last week President Trump said an "armada" was being sent.

    But the group was actually farther away over the weekend, moving through the Sunda Strait into the Indian Ocean. The US military's Pacific Command said on Tuesday that it had cancelled a port visit to Perth, but had completed previously scheduled training with Australia off its northwest coast after departing Singapore on 8 April. The strike group was now "proceeding to the Western Pacific as ordered".

    It is not clear whether the failure to arrive was a deliberate deception, perhaps designed to frighten North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un, a change of plan or simple miscommunication, the BBC's Korea correspondent Stephen Evans says.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39638012

    Hahahahaha I love the last bolded bit - yes, maybe it was all a cunning, deliberate deception designed to scare Kim! Whats more scary, an army moving towards you or one moving away?!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #1847  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    Berkeley cancels another conservative speaker after more riots by so called "liberals."

    Never have they fought so hard to deny free speech.
    Yeah, its appalling. I really don't like the "left" vibe coming out of the States at the moment, its all very faux liberalism, everything offends everyone and someone can't sneeze in public without someone crying about an abuse of someone else's rights. But then on actual left leaning policy issues most of them are neoliberal shills, likely from wealthy Californian families working in tech and finance sending them to top class universities.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #1848  
    Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,488
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    When you have monkeys at the helm...



    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39638012

    Hahahahaha I love the last bolded bit - yes, maybe it was all a cunning, deliberate deception designed to scare Kim! Whats more scary, an army moving towards you or one moving away?!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    Yeah, its appalling. I really don't like the "left" vibe coming out of the States at the moment, its all very faux liberalism, everything offends everyone and someone can't sneeze in public without someone crying about an abuse of someone else's rights. But then on actual left leaning policy issues most of them are neoliberal shills, likely from wealthy Californian families working in tech and finance sending them to top class universities.
    Evidence of self censorship perhaps? In a world where the press can say what they like it is amazing that the population must be completely censored for fear of causing offence.

    Only in the West could we sent warships (even in the wrong direction) to another nation as we tell them to stop being so aggressive.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #1849  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    Yeah, its appalling. I really don't like the "left" vibe coming out of the States at the moment, its all very faux liberalism, everything offends everyone and someone can't sneeze in public without someone crying about an abuse of someone else's rights. But then on actual left leaning policy issues most of them are neoliberal shills, likely from wealthy Californian families working in tech and finance sending them to top class universities.
    It's horrible really. Forget conservative speakers but even many comedians now just avoid universities while touring. Truth be told it wasn't this way just a few years ago when I was in school, this has only really taken off in the last 3 years or so.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #1850  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    It's horrible really. Forget conservative speakers but even many comedians now just avoid universities while touring. Truth be told it wasn't this way just a few years ago when I was in school, this has only really taken off in the last 3 years or so.
    I'm OK with a private university not allowing someone to speak. It's their right. Or are you against freedom?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #1851  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,783
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    I'm OK with a private university not allowing someone to speak. It's their right. Or are you against freedom?
    Is the issue them not allowing the speaker or the reasons why they decided not to allow the speaker in the first place?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #1852  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    I'm OK with a private university not allowing someone to speak. It's their right. Or are you against freedom?
    I'm fine if Berkeley says we don't want X speaker. They are typically dis inviting speakers due to safety concerns because now its becoming a norm to threaten to cause violence if you don't like someone speaking at the campus. Plus Berkeley is not a private university.

    What we are seeing invitations given and then withdrawn because a section of people are saying if you do this, you saw what happened the last time, we'll do it again.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #1853  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    I'm fine if Berkeley says we don't want X speaker. They are typically dis inviting speakers due to safety concerns because now its becoming a norm to threaten to cause violence if you don't like someone speaking at the campus. Plus Berkeley is not a private university.

    What we are seeing invitations given and then withdrawn because a section of people are saying if you do this, you saw what happened the last time, we'll do it again.
    The violence is on both sides. Started and carried through by both sides. And both sides are idiots and hurting their own cause.

    By private I meant more like, they have people pay them for education, so not a 'public' school like high school.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #1854  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21,370
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    Is the issue them not allowing the speaker or the reasons why they decided not to allow the speaker in the first place?
    Milo was bumped because of what he 'said', not sure about Coulter, but she is possibly top 5 worst humans on the earth today, so who cares.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #1855  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    The violence is on both sides. Started and carried through by both sides. And both sides are idiots and hurting their own cause.

    By private I meant more like, they have people pay them for education, so not a 'public' school like high school.
    That's a cop out. If someone is coming to speak peacefully protest outside the event, but let the speaking happen. Otherwise we get situations like Middlebury where the professor who was there to have a debate and was actually on the opposite side ended suffering a concussion at the hands of the students in her own university. This is not a Trump rally. This is not a tax day protest. This is a speaking event and now its become all too common at universities to simply say we'll start something up if you bring in a speaker who we don't agree with. I'm sure there would be a ton of outrage if this was done to someone like Michael Eric Dyson.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #1856  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21,370
    Chaffetz said yesterday that he won't seek relection in 2018. Today, he told a radio program he might not make it to 2018....

    Either he is dying of some disease, and then ok.

    Or he's dirty as hell and part of the Trump/Russia cover up.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #1857  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Chaffetz said yesterday that he won't seek relection in 2018. Today, he told a radio program he might not make it to 2018....

    Either he is dying of some disease, and then ok.

    Or he's dirty as hell and part of the Trump/Russia cover up.
    He's probably running for Gov. That's what I've heard.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #1858  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    That's a cop out. If someone is coming to speak peacefully protest outside the event, but let the speaking happen. Otherwise we get situations like Middlebury where the professor who was there to have a debate and was actually on the opposite side ended suffering a concussion at the hands of the students in her own university. This is not a Trump rally. This is not a tax day protest. This is a speaking event and now its become all too common at universities to simply say we'll start something up if you bring in a speaker who we don't agree with. I'm sure there would be a ton of outrage if this was done to someone like Michael Eric Dyson.
    I agree violence is not the answer. I saw a video of a Nazi dude punching a woman in the face. The university has it within it's rights to cancel or book people as they see fit. If they book people who they think will cause a violent protest outside, then provide the needed security to ensure that doesn't happen.

    Arrest people, from both sides, and show that the speaker has the right to say what they want. But it's also the right of the university to deny the platform on their grounds for that person.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #1859  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    He's probably running for Gov. That's what I've heard.
    No clue. He leaked the Comey letter about the BS Clinton emails before the election, he is the one ignoring all of Trump's impeachable offenses. Not sure what his favorable/unfavorable numbers are in his state, but Evan Mullan from there is a big influence.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #1860  
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    I agree violence is not the answer. I saw a video of a Nazi dude punching a woman in the face. The university has it within it's rights to cancel or book people as they see fit. If they book people who they think will cause a violent protest outside, then provide the needed security to ensure that doesn't happen.

    Arrest people, from both sides, and show that the speaker has the right to say what they want. But it's also the right of the university to deny the platform on their grounds for that person.
    I have no problem with the University saying person X we're just not feeling you at this time. Clearly Berkeley was initially ok with Coulter speaking as they should be, but they only pulled her due to safety concerns. We've seen the riots in Berkeley they aren't easy to control and these anarchists who come out don't come with the intention of raising awareness, they come with the intention to intimidate.

    Did you see the video of Jake Shields(MMA fighter) who was coming out from dinner and he stopped 3 anarchists who recognized him actually from beating up a guy who may or may not have actually been attending the Milo event? The police stood there and did nothing. So lets not pretend like the police have a control on these mobs because they just don't. This is becoming a tactic and the fact that its happening at Universities where critical thought and thinking is paramount is the most scary part of this.

    This is one issue that I'm more invested in than others because something burns inside me when I see these events being canceled because a portion of the student body is threatening the security of the event in order to stop it from happening.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •