Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Donald Trump POTUS...unbelievable Jeff!

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekback View Post
    The world has gone crazy.

Realistically he is just thinking about safety of the girls, what if a young boy is pretending to be different and just wants to spy on them, the whole thing is agenda and its ridiculous, where were these transgender children 5-10 years ago?

You are either gay or straight, like I said where the transgenders 5-10 years ago? its an agenda to confuse our gender, whats female? whats male? who cares? from Caitlin Jenner to these disgusting adverts showing men dressed as women.
    First of all, Donald Trump isn't thinking about anyone's safety. Least of all the safety of women. This is the guy who bragged about both grabbing women without consent and taking strolls through women's changing rooms without invite or consent because he owned the pageant. What he is doing is trying to secure votes.

Second, the world hasn't gone mad. The world has finally started paying attention to those who are different instead of ignoring them and hoping they'd go away. "Transgenders" aren't a new fad or something. These people have always been around but have been forced to hide their identities out of shame and fear. Consequently, they received little if any positive media attention until recently. It's not about the clothes you wear. It's about what you identify as on the deepest, psychological level.

You may not understand how that feels. That's OK. Neither do I really because I'm a straight, white guy with zero problems. But I can sympathize on the basic human level, and I can accept that we should do what we can to make people feel as comfortable in their own skin as we can. I know that is how I would want to be treated, or how I would want my children to be treated if they were "different".
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    What about during gym class and the trans student needs to change. Do they use the unisex room, a locked closet, or what?
    Good question. Either option is awkward and up for debate

Wouldn't it be easier to class children as Male and Female for the purposes of schooling? (Toilets, changing rooms etc..). THEN if anyone is bullied, go all out on the bullies - zero tolerance stylee
    Last edited by WinterPool Stark; 23-2-17 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    First of all, Donald Trump isn't thinking about anyone's safety. Least of all the safety of women. This is the guy who bragged about both grabbing women without consent and taking strolls through women's changing rooms without invite or consent because he owned the pageant. What he is doing is trying to secure votes.

Second, the world hasn't gone mad. The world has finally started paying attention to those who are different instead of ignoring them and hoping they'd go away. "Transgenders" aren't a new fad or something. These people have always been around but have been forced to hide their identities out of shame and fear. Consequently, they received little if any positive media attention until recently. It's not about the clothes you wear. It's about what you identify as on the deepest, psychological level.

You may not understand how that feels. That's OK. Neither do I really because I'm a straight, white guy with zero problems. But I can sympathize on the basic human level, and I can accept that we should do what we can to make people feel as comfortable in their own skin as we can. I know that is how I would want to be treated, or how I would want my children to be treated if they were "different".
    Well said
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Well said
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    Well they have changed in America, because now it is automatically assumed that a transgender man going into the women's bathroom is somehow a sexual pervert or predator. That is the entire point of repealing the protections enacted by Obama.
    wasn't that guidance for schools that has changed? Schools are now allowed to decide themselves how they wish proceed on a more local level - that's what I thought it was. The discrimination, anti-bullying message is still there, 'we won't accept it' (how that works in reality I don't know).

I didn't think it included Men and Women - maybe someone could explain it (or are you saying the children thing has now spilled over on to adults?)

Did anyone catch the Bannon and Priebus interview yesterday? A lot of it was fluff aimed at inflating Trump's importance and "genius", but they let slip a few truly disturbing tidbits. It's worth watching if you can stomach it. There should be a written transcript someplace too. Have fun containing your rage afterwards though.

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    The problem is you and the rest of the laughably righteous, telling people what they should and should not think, that chap is entitled to his opinion.

I am not against transsexuals, transvestites, gays or people that think they are a different race or an animal, the problem about toilets is a ridiculous one, its a room where people defecate, there are far more pressing matters.
    Agreed, and yet Trump and his team took time to roll back policy that MOST people don't even care or have a problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    WaPo has a very, very long article on it. I read most of it before I couldn't take it anymore.

I can't figure it out myself. Bannon talks about destroying administrative regulations/norms/institutions and retreating from globalist economy, yet he's ex-Goldman and most of Trumps cabinet/advisors are ex-Goldman CEO's and such.

What is your take being so close to it? Especially what Prebius did with the FBI?
    I guess there are two parts to it. The deconstruction of administrative government, i.e. mass deregulation; and implementation of a nationalist economy.

If the scale of deregulation is what Bannon suggests it's going to be, then we're talking dismantling of consumer protections not just from a commercial standpoint but health and safety as well. Not to mention the environment. I think this ties into the nationalist economy bit. It may be a trade they are looking to make with businesses. In exchange for manufacturing in the US, we'll give you regulatory carte blanche along with tax perks. That may just be cheaper for many companies than using foreign labor. Especially if labor laws are relaxed as well. That won't bring manufacturing back to the US overnight, but it may start moving things in that direction and it will certainly win votes.

How all of this plays internationally is a different matter and is honestly very difficult to predict since we have scarce little to compare it to. There is a huge amount of uncertainty in the diplomatic circles these days. Tillerson is not a career diplomat. He was given one of the most difficult jobs in the world without any prior exposure to anything at all similar to it. A brilliant business negotiator he may be, but a foreign policy expert he is not. His choice of deputy, a person with actual experience, was reportedly vetoed by Trump for some petty reason.

As it stands, the State Department isn't functioning in the traditional sense anymore, and there is little indication that it will do so at all during this administration. The uncertainty also permeates the White House. Trump (i.e. Bannon) is regularly contradicted on foreign policy matters by the likes of Pence and Mattis. Now they've (surprisingly) added McMaster, who especially is not likely to agree with Bannon on much of anything when it comes to foreign policy. All of this makes it extremely difficult to tell what American foreign policy actually is currently. It's disquieting to say the least.

Priebus's FBI approach is in my view political gesturing. He did it knowing he can get away with it even though it's hugely inappropriate. With the majority in the Senate and Sessions as the AG, he won't face any repercussions. For their part, the FBI need to be very careful how they conduct themselves, but they are in a tricky spot because they fall under AG's umbrella as well, so they are far from "incorruptible".

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    I totally agree, which makes it even more ridiculous that Trump and the GOP seem so enraged about the whole thing they have gone out of their way to repeal previous measures which, to put it bluntly, gave a very small group of people some rights they wanted and didn't really harm anyone in the process.

Surely there are more pressing matters for America than taking away some people's rights to use a bathroom, which they know is going to cause more complaints than its worth?
    It did though. It took away the right for a school to decide for themselves how they want to proceed. If there's only 1 transgender child in the whole school then the decision made should be one that keeps the majority happy. This decision making was taken away from the school.

*befire anyone says it - if the school is draconian and discriminatory then laws are in place to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    I guess there are two parts to it. The deconstruction of administrative government, i.e. mass deregulation; and implementation of a nationalist economy.

If the scale of deregulation is what Bannon suggests it's going to be, then we're talking dismantling of consumer protections not just from a commercial standpoint but health and safety as well. Not to mention the environment. I think this ties into the nationalist economy bit. It may be a trade they are looking to make with businesses. In exchange for manufacturing in the US, we'll give you regulatory carte blanche along with tax perks. That may just be cheaper for many companies than using foreign labor. Especially if labor laws are relaxed as well. That won't bring manufacturing back to the US overnight, but it may start moving things in that direction and it will certainly win votes.
    This sounds like it's heading towards a system like in Dubai (for example) - they get sht done and make shed loads of money but 'things' like 'Human beings' and 'the environment' take a back seat (or on the streets completely).

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post
    This sounds like it's heading towards a system like in Dubai (for example) - they get sht done and make shed loads of money but 'things' like 'Human beings' and 'the environment' take a back seat (or on the streets completely).
    Right, and they are also a monarchy so no voters to worry about. I can agree that the US has too many regulations in certain areas but I also believe we don't have enough regulations in the areas of labor and the environment. Unsurprisingly, the latter two will likely be most targeted by Trump. Along with Banking regs of course.

NY, CNN and Poltico barred from a White House Press briefing:
    https://nyti.ms/2lEcmOS